Tokarev Safety?

Give the run down on how drop safe these babies are. Just bought my first one and I’m eager to carry it. Google seems convinced it’s either the safest weapon ever manufactured or it’s about as safe as carrying an active weedwhacker. What does Jow Forums think? This specific one is a TTC.
>inb4 bad trigger safety
I know those suck, I’m wondering about the half-cock position specifically

Attached: AFAF998D-1311-40B3-A5BF-3268A4911C5C.jpg (1000x1333, 410K)

Other urls found in this thread:

americanrifleman.org/articles/2017/2/3/chinese-tokarev-pistols-military-and-commercial-models/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you live in a jurisdiction that requires it have a safety, get the trigger safety.
The frame and slide mounted safeties are, by and large, crap.
These guns were intended to be carried with one in the pipe and the hammer at half-cock.

Attached: 1sc9q1.jpg (943x403, 32K)

Attached: Safety's your finger.png (1920x1080, 2.98M)

I’m not worried about the actual safeties on it, I’m not a nogunz who’s going to shoot my self in the leg. I’m more concerned about the positive firing pin and knocking it against something and suddenly becoming sans testicles. I work construction, and I’m just curious as to wether or not I should carry Israeli style, or if the half cock is robust enough to take a hit

Tok's are great, but an absolutely retarded carry choice

If you're really concerned, carry it with the hammer down on an empty chamber and just rack the slide when needed.

Tokarevs are very svelte pistols. You could do worse.

I’m not particularly concerned, just uninformed. I was curious if anyone has any anecdotes or testimony about their Toks failures or successes. I’m not opposed to condition 3, I’m just curious

The frame safety on the m57 toks arent horrible

I’ve heard they’re not, but I want to know about the half-cock position of the hammer. Tldr: how drop safe is it?

pretty sure half cock is only for disassembly on tokarevs, and that they're meant to be carried with an empty chamber

Just load it and hit it with a rubber mallet it something you'll have your answer then

I would say they probably aren't.

From what I remember, toks are not drop safe at all and combo'd with the caliber they shoot isnt a great mix.
>drops tok getting out of car
>shoots through testicles and comes out shoulder through the roof of car and falls a mile away through someone's eye into their brain killing them instantly

Your half-cock work but will fail if dropped. The pistol is very good. I do Pakistani carry with m57. Hammer back, nothing chambered. Very easy good

I’ve put a primed casing in there and done some drops and whacky smacky, and I haven’t had a problem. I probably will just carry condition 3. It takes about as long to fully cock the hammer as it does to rack the damn thing anyway. I’ll probably do what suggested

you only half cock it when you have your finger on the trigger waiting to engage your target. You never carry one loaded in barrel and carry or you will blow your balls off. Just remember this while dicking around with a Tokarev. There is no safety it is not drop safe. It is an Offensive weapon and leaves some of the worse internal wounds from a handgun.

Attached: Anatomy-Pistol-USSR-Tokarev-TT-33.jpg (1750x2334, 1.03M)

This is the correct answer for a Tok.

I thought this was called Israeli style?

I will be doing this. Thanks everyone for the advice/information. I look forward to loving my Tokarev and finding a clean way to plug the damn safety hole

the only gun a tok beats in terms of safety is type 94 nambu

Israeli is hammer down.

Ah alright. Thanks

“The firing pin is not of the inertia type, so it is not safe to carry it hammer-down with a round in the chamber.”
From the American Rifleman.

americanrifleman.org/articles/2017/2/3/chinese-tokarev-pistols-military-and-commercial-models/

I would argue hammer back but with no round in the chamber. Makes racking the slide smoother.