Big bore general

Talk me out of building a 458 socom. Or talk me into it. I'm on the fence. It looks like a fun round to reload.

Attached: socom.jpg (236x166, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lQRotJq7lz8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>10 round capacity

Considering how powerful they are, I don't see the problem with 10 rds. Mag change is easy

Then build one. The capacity is the biggest drawback. If you don't give a fuck about that then do it.

.50 Beowulf will allow you to do a Survivalist Rifle's build

Attached: Survivalist's_rifle.png (2000x508, 582K)

9.3x62 and shut up

looks like a round for the gays

Just finished one, price and availability of ammo is the big one, not sure if it's just mine, but picky as fuck with mags. I get ftf's every other shot.

Just saw you are a reloader, dismiss availability.

If you must own a meme, but surely you'll get more energy from a 12 gauge shotgun slug? They're way more available

Since you're a reloader, go with .458 SOCOM.
If you weren't, then .50 Beowulf is the way to go.

you can apparently get 35 in one of those snail drms

Those polycase rounds are fucking savage.

The rebated rim makes it look like it regularly skips leg day.

Attached: 458.jpg (600x392, 28K)

Barely.
>2400fpe vs 2490fpe when comparing normal factory .458 to normal factory 1oz foster slugs

while the cost of entry is lower with more options as well as the ability to use cheaper loadings for plinking, I just suggested it because slugs seem like an easy way to get into big bore

Fuck u man
Don’t be trying to hog all the 458 action

But seriously, it’s the best big bore AR15

Attached: A157F20E-CF1E-4CC0-A826-A6EA222AEFAF.jpg (4032x3024, 2.18M)

You'll get much longer effective range out of a .458 though.

Ummmmm no sweetie
slugs =/= big bore rifle
bless your little heart

>slugs =/= big bore rifle
I never said that but how would it not be big bore? I'm aware it's not a rifle but a 12 gauge bore seems pretty big

>slugs seem like an easy way to get into big bore
>I never said that

Attached: 5D4E21A2-ACEE-49DC-A379-46FD46D7DF04.jpg (600x340, 32K)

Big bore =/= big bore rifle, the second is an added distinction of a rifled barrel which again, I never made, I made the comparison of both having big bores and comparative energy

I built one. It is picky with mags, but try a few and keep using the ones that work the best. Not sure what the trick is, though. The ammo is expensive, but I reload, which reduces the cost of ammo, and replaces the dollars saved with hours spent lol

The recoil is stout, but manageable even for me, and I'm a slim dude. The report is impressive too. It's a fun gun. If you have the money go for it my man.

Vid is indeed my lanky ass shooting off a few.

youtube.com/watch?v=lQRotJq7lz8

nobody gives a fuck about your opinion post weapons related info instead of arguing what is a big bore and isn't because nobody here wants to argue unless they like to waste time or go back to pol

Commonly available slugs are “average bore” at best

Attached: 32597C56-E81E-4AFB-AAB0-F8E25BCAB095.jpg (1600x1200, 147K)

U look cute in your shorts with the sun glistening all over your body

If you are going something that large and retarded, imagine not choosing .338 lapua

Just because there's something bigger somewhere doesn't make the other smaller, that's like arguing you're not fat because someone else weighs more

Attached: AT-Rifle-Rounds.jpg (603x359, 126K)

Is someone’s jimmies a lil rustled

big bore=fun bore
Fun bore=fun gun
Fun gun=fun time
Fun time=dopamine
Dopamine=good feels
Good feels=good feels

Do it

If you dont want to sink money into .458 you can find big bore alternatives, they may not be semi but shooting a massive chunk of lead will put a smile on your face

The cyclic rate of most ARs is too fast for .458 SOCOM. I've seen a couple builds that will fire one round, extract, then fail to feed the next round. The springs in AR mags are simply too weak to lift the round before the bolt carrier slams shut. You're better off with .300 blackout.

Probably just using the wrong length gas system, wrong gas port size/setting and/or wrong buffer/spring.
A poorly tuned gun does not make all guns in that chamber shit.

Attached: tenor.png (532x398, 367K)

>I was merely pretending to be retarded
it's like pottery

What combo makes the most sense for reliability?

And also, does the .458 like longer or shorter barrels?

If you reload go with 450 bushmaster

.458 Lott here. Bolt action - but I only have to hit my target once.