Best entry level AR15?

Looking for my first AR, want a good all arpunder for the range, hunting, home. Looking at the ruger. Any criticisms or other recs?

Attached: 725545E0-88AA-4C58-B32F-EDC87D3AA1DC.jpg (480x210, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

palmettostatearmory.com/psa-20-a2-rifle-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-freedom-upper-with-carry-handle-assembly-w-bcg-and-ch.html
dpmsinc.com/556-ORACLE_ep_135-1.html
palmettostatearmory.com/psa-20-hammer-forged-madness-stripped-upper-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html
palmettostatearmory.com/20-chf-a2-premium-rifle-kit.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The price varies a lot, I see GAG list $499, others $650

Diamondback makes nice entry level rifles. Just gotta add your own sights/optics

I have an m&p sport II and while it's a great basic billet AR, be advised the mongoloids at the factory often put the gas/sight block pins in backwards, necessitating the use of a dremel if you want to replace the FSB. I managed though

Go get one of those LWRC DI guns. They're sometimes as cheap as $1000 nowadays for a full ambi gun and quality is amongst the best in the business.

Attached: Emu War.jpg (1200x819, 121K)

i have a psa upper on a anderson lower.
its all about what you want to spend but its hard to go that wrong with most of the name brands.

A PSA build is what I recommend since you get to learn more than just buying a rifle, plus there's more opportunity to get a better price or better configuration. I'd recommend finding midlengh upper, versus carbine, since it takes advantage of the extra barrel length (civilian is typically 16" versus 14.5" for M4, carbine gas systems) making for a slightly smoother shooting gun.

If you're patient, you can get the components while they're on sale, and buy a stripped lower in a private sale to effectively have a ghost gun (provided there's no paper trail). At a bare minimum look for the barrel and (ideally) the BCG to have a nitride/melonite treatments as this will improve resistance to corrosion and wear, as well as clean more easily

>16" midlengh upper assembly, with or without BCG, nitride treated
>BCG (if not included with upper)
>carbine lower parts kit (with furniture)
>stripped lower receiver
>magpul rear backup sight, or whatever your budget allows for optics

You can also buy a kit with everything in one order but there might be something that isn't ideal, like a parkarized barrel, BCG or carbine gas system.

>andershit

Op please stay away from anderson

Also dont buy brands who are anti 2a

Attached: FB91EAC4-0F51-46FD-8D0A-F62BEB3182FE.png (1193x1193, 815K)

PSA has uppers for $230 and lowers for $120. That's $350. You'll need to pick up either a rear flip up or something and a mag. That's easily under $500 for a reliable, do anything rifle. I would spend a little more for an 18" or 20" barrel with 1:7 twist. That'll allow for heavier projectiles at higher velocities for hunting.

What is wrong with Anderson? I have several builds with Anderson, and they have never given me issues.

Unless you're panic buying, just save up an extra couple hundred bucks and get an FN

Do you really trust a rifle worth 350$?

And those fucks never have 20" bbls in stock

Ive met others who have had problems with them, their stripped lowers hAve had the most problems with me (spotty coating, rough edges, off center holes) and they have the most god awful butt ugly roll mark. Just my ovservation, your results may vary

Yeah I do. They've been in the game long enough, and have a we'll established record.

I scored one of their AR10s for in the same way. The lower was sale for $150, and the upper was on sale for $300. That is reliable and accurate enough to have become my hunting rifle, so she gets used. Never had an issue with it.

Ahem
palmettostatearmory.com/psa-20-a2-rifle-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-freedom-upper-with-carry-handle-assembly-w-bcg-and-ch.html

If you are looking at Ruger go with the AR-556 MPR over the basic bitch AR-556. Can find them for $600-650. Improvements include mid-length gas system, decent Mlok handguard, serviceable Magpul stock/grip, and a nicer trigger.

Really the AR-556 MPR is a fantastic rifle on paper, even if it cost $700-900. Not sure why more people don't buy them. Guess not too many think of Ruger when they think of AR. They should have come out with the AR-556 right out of the gate, instead of the piston guns.

First off, how many rounds have you actually shot from it?

I DO NOT trust a 400$ ar10. That shit is pure pottery.

Ok. Nothing serious. I mean for a $30 lower, they work. They're kinda like a right of passage at this point.

I'd put it close to the 750 mark. I mean you can look up all the reviews on line.

It's not a precision rifle. I can keep like 2 moa with quality ammo, but for hunting that's good enough.

It eats mil surp ammo as well, and I've had 0 malfunctions with light cleanings.

>spotty coating
if its a blem lower maybe
>rough edges
the first generation had some rough edges in places where it didn't really matter, but that's years out of date information
>off center holes
nope. was never a big problem, is virtually non-existent these days.

Again, im curious how much you actually shoot it. What are your esitmates for the rounds you put through the ar10 and ar15? Be honest.

>right of passage
Buying lower quality/blemishes is a right of passage?

Fuck me, If I could go back in time and do things right and not buy trash, I would. Buy once, cry once.

Attached: 456389D2-D605-4679-827F-E069DBCC6DE4.png (500x522, 132K)

Oh shit. For the past 6 months theyve had nothing.

Ive really been wanting the FN hammer forged double chrome lined "machinegun steel" barrel ones but those are legit NEVER in stock.

Psa faggots

Attached: 9B630A27-9EDE-4097-9E9F-76E5131BD8F1.jpg (800x581, 50K)

DPMS
ran 5k through my oracle without lube or maintenance before first failure to fire

I have over 1000 rounds through a 10.5 PSA upper. It's fine. Same as I would put it at about 2-3 moa, no malfunctions so far, eats everything I've put in it including xm193 without keyholing.

>AR15 2000?
It's a hodgepodge of Anderson, etc.
>AR10 750?
I know it's hard to believe, but this random weapons enthusiast uses his rifle.

Attached: 37128827_2046820942312386_7866414941165584384_n.jpg (720x476, 44K)

i have one. great gun. no complaints.

there is such a misconception that unless you buy a $3000 AR, it's going to be a piece of shit. people don't understand what the differences are between a quality AR and a cheap one, and they don't want to seem "plebeian" so they just assume everything that isn't gucci is shit.

it isn't so. you can spend $500 and put together an AR in 2019 that will perform in every way better than a $1500 AR from a decade ago.

I just put together a pair of PSA kits with FN CHF barrels, a 16" middy and a 20" rifle. Granted I probably overpaid a bit since I was impatient and didn't wait for a sale.

The FN-barreled uppers aren't always on the front page, search "chf" on their site and you should turn them up. And use the "back in stock" notification, that's how I was able to pounce on my 20" kit.

Nothing. It's a piece of aluminum. Any fit or finish flaws you'd find in one of those you could just as well find in any other one.

dpmsinc.com/556-ORACLE_ep_135-1.html

These can be found for less than 500

Sure, the metal and design package may be the same. The difference is quality control. Anderson will let blem and out-of-spec stuff ship because LOL$30LOWER. You aren't going to see that from a quality mfgr.

>Anderson will let blem and out-of-spec stuff ship because LOL$30LOWER. You aren't going to see that from a quality mfgr.
How many Anderson lowers have you bought that were out of spec?

My first AR was a $410 PSA (non-blemish, 13.5" MLOK) that I built with a rifle kit and a stripped lower, spent another $80 on mags. Works fine. M&P sport II and the AR556 are both good entry level ARs as well I'm honestly looking to get a M&P Sport II next or a PSA AR-9 build.

Dude, ive been on the "notify me" list for two years. Ive given up at this point, im sick of waiting and ARs really arent worth that ammount of time.

>granted, Ive been waiting for a very specific 20" upper, but still.

One. The trigger pins were so loose they practically rattled around. I tried 3 differen't sets of trigger pins to make sure it wasn't out of spec pins. Learned my lesson, at least it didn't cost me much. I'll spend a little more for an Aero lower.

Years of trial and error, ar15 tooling is everywhere. The ar15 is now the $400 AK import of the past. Solid, reliable rifle for cheap.

Just PMCS your shit and call it a day.

>ak of the past
Ak is more lethal.
Fuck 556

I like delton because they use 1:9 twist barrels, best for shooting 55grain imo

Attached: 04089AD0-D858-491A-BEB6-42D915C40D06.jpg (500x628, 57K)

Shit partner, that sucks. Just for funsies, what upper config are you lusting for?

Don't listen to fags who say it has a proprietary handguard. Just stick a free float on there.

Another one I'd look into is the savage MSR, an aero complete upper/lower, or a PSA complete upper/lower. If you get an upper and lower (make sure they are complete unless you want to do a build, wouldn't recomend it unless you've owned one before and have experience with it.) All you do is snap them together and you have a complete rifle. Saves you some money because they charge like a 10% tax on complete firearms.

The aero is the highest quality semi-budget build. The PSA is dirt fucking cheap. The MSR has an awesome barrel. I'd also look into getting the 18" barrel versions of the ruger and savage MSR. 5.56 does quite a bit better with that slight extra length.

palmettostatearmory.com/psa-20-hammer-forged-madness-stripped-upper-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html

2 years in the waiting. Fuck PSA

5.56 is more lethal due to the tumbling of the bullet.

palmettostatearmory.com/20-chf-a2-premium-rifle-kit.html

Apparently this is in stock, just it's a kit so you have to buy the whole thing.

Tumbling is purely circumstantial and is not guaranteed for every hit.

HMMMMMM. Interesting.

Thanks user, thats new to me.

Kind of a waste though because i would be swapping a good ammount of parts out.

Im extra wet for an m16 full auto BCG

Of course, but if the round is going as fast as it’s fragmentation threshold, you can bet it will yaw and fragment more often than not.

Attached: 4145FCAE-70E3-4403-8190-659160BCEF19.png (750x1334, 356K)

From reading the URL I'm assuming they created a new SKU for something they already offered, for some kind of sale, and you're waitlisted for a "duplicate" SKU, they've probably restocked it under a different itemization but you're not going to be alerted because you're only tracked for the sale item

Please don't fall for the PSA meme. Ignore the welfare posters, for your own good.

Attached: 1551503882883.png (858x553, 299K)

>entry level
>$1000
This is the world of AR ownership. Amazing.

The Ruger AR-556 is a great entry-level AR, user. I love mine.

>m16 full auto BCG
My cheap keymod freedom upper 20" came with one, and an ambi CH for some reason

The effective range for fragmentation out of a 16" is roughly 100-150 yards.

Thats a pretty short distance in my opinion.

Perfectly acceptable, and that’s with m193.

We’re not limited to what the military uses. And surplus 7.62x39 won’t fare much better

Hot.

Attached: mercy.gif (260x260, 2.01M)

Yes, this! This is exactly the kit I put together. Finished it with a carry handle and a "no step on snek" lower cause I'm a Gadsden-loving chucklehead. Maybe just the thing for you, wait-list-user.

Im gonna get this when i got the funds for sure mate. Maybe a sale if they go on sale. Makes me wonder if it would even out wih all the extra parts

>One
Cool story about your lemon. They've upped their game in the past few years, and the out of spec shit isn't nearly as commonplace as it used to be. Some companies improve over time, my dude, but, by all means, buy the lower you want.

I’m probably going to grab a 17S and still one of these as well. The price is just too seductive.