Why don't infantry carry these fuckers?

why don't infantry carry these fuckers?

Attached: Minigun_2.jpg (640x480, 27K)

price. weight. accuracy. training required.

How you gonna carry all the ammo and batteries?

because they're heavy, batteries are heavy, ammo is heavy.

I actually lift unlike most of this board

You can't lift enough.

literal caveman grunk tier response

Make exosuits that allow the user to carry it, and give the user a way to aim it. Then wonder to yourself why you didn't just give the guy a squad automatic at a tiny fraction of the cost it would take to competently use a minigun .

There are only a couple of instances where a rotary machine guns or cannon are worth the extra weight. One is in the CIWS role, the other, on aircraft.

You are so fucking stupid I swear. Its faggots like you who keep ruining this board with asking stupid questions like this one. If I would see you I would punch you so fucking hard. Are you just pretending to be so fucking retarded and not figuring the answer out yourself or cant you fucking google either. If you own any firearms you are a complete moron and should be arrested at the spot. You keep putting everyone else in danger by being such a stupid ass cunt. HOW CAN YOU EVEN COME UP WITH THE IDEA TO ASK SOMETHING LIKE THAT AND THEN EVEN GET TO FUCKING TYPING IT OUT AND COMPLETING THE CAPTCHA WITHOUT GIVING IT A SECOND THOUGHT. I SWEAR ITS CUNTS LIKE YOU WHO MAKE ME SO MAD. Seriously fuck off and never come back at least not until you go to a mental institution. How did u even figure out how to post but cant figure out the answer to the stupid ass question you just made?? Seriously just delete the fucking thread and LEAVE. Because trust me NOBODY wants you here trashing this board with stupid questions like these. If I knew you I would make sure I would get you arrested and ur weapons taken away from you because as I said earlier ur brain isnt developed enough for u to own firearms. I doubt u own any anyway since u are on here asking such stupid bullshit. FUCK OFF AND NEVER COME BACK. WE DONT WANT YOU. Jow Forums ISNT FOR YOUR IDIOTIC QUESTIONS. FUCK ! OFF!!!

I don't even own guns ;^)

Carry it and all its ammo and all your other kit on an insertion tab for 10km across mountains only to blast all your ammo precisely 0.0032 seconds into your first contact (turning it into an expensive paperweight) and then try making that argument again.

Shit bait is shit

I agree bro. If only we had moderation worth half a fuck. I wonder if our moderator niggers have ever seen a firearm

sage

because the future is a bleak place if you can't piece that together on your own

Not feasible, or we would.

As a general rule, infantry tend to carry enough ammo to fire their weapon at full cyclical rate for a solid minute, plus a little extra.

That's 157.5 lbs for 3,000 rounds of 7.62 NATO, lets make this an even 170lbs for a little extra

Then
>batteries
>batteries
Gonna need two, perhaps three car batteries. Luckily, Lithium Ion exist, so thats only 15lbs per battery so lets say

45lbs for batteries

AND THEN the gun

41lbs

So all together? 256lbs of stuff for your weapon or 116.12 kilograms. So pick up about 250lbs and see how far you can carry that shit

If exosuits become a reality then long lasting lightweight batteries are a reality too and the minigun will be useless.

Frankly, the US military needs to up their troop enlistment to include hill giants to weild them in full armor with incendiary rounds. We need to put our tard strength to use

>ban everyone I disagree with
You have to go back

Imagine being this subhuman that your first response to logical criticism is to caveman alpha posture.

I almost wanna see you attempt to carry it into battle then get popped off by a lightweight SAW which takes little setup and has actual aiming sights.

These guns are really only good on aircraft or gun emplacements where you are better off saturating an area with rounds than aiming. These are TERRIBLE infantry weapons.

Attached: Moth_941ec5_6174510.jpg (325x312, 40K)

lol now the purpose of this thread is clear

Because rate of fire =! better gun. The MG-42 had a retardedly high RoF, and Rheinmetall intentionally lowered the RoF when they developed the MG-3. Yeah your crazy RoF is cool, but it's useless when you've burned through all your ammo.