Hows your hearing?

Hows your hearing?

Aren't you afraid that gunshots will damage your hearing?

How many of you have tinnitus?

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (660x574, 51K)

It's called ear protection dumbass.

I have intermittent tinnitus and it just reminds me that I love guns, sometimes I'll hold my breath and try to make the ring last longer

How thorough is it does anyone here have damaged hearing despite it?
Personally i cannot shoot the guns because i have hearing damage.

I have occasional tinnitus, but it's probably more from rock concerts than shooting. Wear ear pro, kids.

Did you get it from shooting?Are you not afraid of it getting worse?

HOW'S MY WHAT?

Double up or learn what your ears are so you can properly wear PPE.

YOU'RE HEARING.HOW IS YOUR HEARING.

NO I DON'T HAVE YOUR KNOT

I might look into how safe it is but my tinnitus is already bad,guns are interesting but i don't know if it's worth the risk for me.Damaged ears are easier to damage.

Ive had tinnitus most my life, I use ear plugs and ear muffs when shooting

Ive got fucked up high hearing.

But years of drugs and degenerative bone disease are doing away with it

That's why you wear protection dumbass.

Probably, I've been shooting since I was a kid, but I've also been around planes, heavy machinery and loud/live music, too. Everything gets worse as you age, I'm not worried. I have had guns fired so close to my ear that it bled, I wear hearing protection whenever I can but again, I don't regret being around or using guns. I've had my hearing tested for work, while not perfect it's within the average for my age so certainly isn't a limiting factor in my life

I'm half deaf. When I was a kid, nobody I knew used hearing protection. I really have bad genetics when it comes to hearing. My dad and his mother went completely deaf. Dad has Cochlear implants.

What?

DO YOU HAVE HEARING PROBLEMS FROM SHOOTING?

Attached: 1551966483833.jpg (495x362, 30K)

I have mild tinnitus but it doesn’t really effect me that much
My vision is absolutely awful though, I’m pretty sure it’s because back when I was like 5 or 6 I would shine flashlights and other very bright lights into my eyes

>get a random EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE once or twice a day like the noise of an old TV turning on but not constant like tinnitus should be
>recently got hearing tested for work and have above excellent hearing
what is this?

Attached: 1552591532619.gif (487x560, 898K)

Could be tinnitus,that is what it means to have it.

If I can't hear by the time I am 60 I honestly wouldn't mind too much with how much liberal drivel has ramped up over the last 5 years.

NO THE STEERING IS GREAT BUT IT'S NOT A SCOOTER IT'S A MOTORCYCLE

I get these all the fucking time, and some of my friends. Not a fuckin clue in the world what it could be.

I have tinnitus from mowing the lawn as a kid and blasting music loud enough to drown out the mower. As far as I can tell shooting has not impacted my hearing, but I have no memory of living without the REEEEE

GOOGLE TINNITUS IT IS LITERALLY A RINGING SENSATION IN YOUR EARS

This. Ear pro since 11 and the only ringing I hear if your mom lighting up my phone for some fun, Op.

I have horrendous tinnitus and its legit ruining my life. Interactions with humans are dreaded & tiresome and always consist of awkward misunderstandings and frustrated loss of patience

It means you have a minor amount of ear damage. I used to have those randoms. Today I have it constantly. You hearing never gets better. As your ears get damaged it builds up over time.

Attached: futureis here.jpg (1120x798, 133K)

Is it tinnitus or hypercausis?

I have an EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that persists 24 hours a day. I hardly ever notice it unless I'm in a very quiet place which is almost never. I have slept with a fan on for 10+ years and it helps greatly. I can not sleep in total silence, the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE is too noticeable then.

that's fleeting tinnitus, happens to people with good hearing too.

Same

>Finland conscript man
>double earpro, plugs and active
>get ready to fire the APILAS
>the weapon ever so slightly nudges the actives

>eeEEeeeeeEEEEeeee

>fuck this isn't gonna stop ever

Attached: apilas_l6.jpg (800x533, 317K)

I don't doubt you have tinnitus, since these things go together but what you're describing is hyperacusis, and more specifically it is phonophobia and maybe misophonia. Get with a good audiologist. There is treatment but it takes time. What helped me is the "pink noise CD" sold for like $10 by The Hyperacusis Network. Rip that to a lossless format and use high fidelity earphones. The treatment protocol for misophonia and phonophobia is 30 minutes of ACTIVE LISTENING daily to either voice or music. The key is it has to be active listening, like you are actively trying to hear it. That results in some pretty rapid changes, and I am certain that will help you.

Same.

But I actually got it before I started shooting. In grade school, I got about 200 mini snapper firecrackers, opened them up, poured their contents into a paper towel with the intention of making a really big one. Around 150 in, they suddenly ignite. My hearing was gone before I registered the flash. Deaf for 20 minutes. Ringing for the rest of my life. Regret it every day.

>bunch of nonsense
This is why Jow Forums sucks.

helloe eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee my only friend
ive come to eeeeeeeeeeeeee you again

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ALWAYS DOUBLE UP FOR GODS SAKE

There’s some neuromodulation devices coming soon, and a couple years after that there’ll be drugs for regenerating the damaged hairs in your inner ear. Many of you sufferers won’t have tinnitus in 5 years.

I do but its from concerts and loud music through shitty earbuds

If Jow Forums sucks, it's because you can hand someone costly and hard earned knowledge on a silver platter, as I just did, and people dismiss it as nonsense.

Fine, go ahead and have a ruined life. See if I help anyone ever again.

I'm the other guy who said it was probably hypercausis i agree with you okay?You could have helped some lurker or him anyways don't take everything so serious.

retarded frogposter

WHAT???

WHAT?! BEER PROJECTION?!

SAY THAT AGAIN?

Attached: 1552637685602.jpg (311x362, 30K)

I always wear MSA muffs when shooting a lot of rounds, otherwise earplugs are ok for me. I only skimp out on the ear protection when hunting.
Indoor ranges are something I try to avoid. Don't find them very comfortable and I like shooting 100yds+ better anyways.

I get something like that whenever my ear is pointed in the direction of this stupid whining fluorescent tube light at work, I hate it.

I have really bad tinnitus, to the point where I can't hear my coworkers at work and every time I go to bed I hear terrible ringing. I drown it out with more shooting guns, music, and talking to my friends and SO on the phone.

It's ear nigger, dumbass.

I knew I should have worn EP during Tet

I always double up on my earpro. I like my hearing desu

Those hearing tests are pretty bogus. It's a non-random pattern and you're likely tricking yourself into hearing something that you're not.

Attached: 1552839780282.png (520x480, 260K)