Help

Help.

Just bought 500 rounds of Barnaul 123gr FMJ from SG Ammo. It's lacquered and sealed, that's what sold me on it. But now I see that they have Tula 8M3. It's sealed but poly coated instead of lacquer. Should I pick up a 200 rounds of 8M3 to have in some mags loaded and just store the Barnual? Or just stick with Barnual FMJ and not bother with 8M3?

Attached: IMG_7399 (2).jpg (640x480, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0ENhmMKuaVU
youtube.com/watch?v=_jfLZYnhT-w
ammochannel.com/7-62x39-golden-bear-soft-point-test-results/
cheaperthandirt.com/product/silver-bear-762x39mm-full-metal-jacket-zinc-plated-steel-case-123-grain-2430-fps-500-round-case-a762nfmj-24607094860765.do
sgammo.com/product/tula/1000-round-case-762x39-8m3-124-grain-hollow-point-ammo-made-ulyanovsk-cartridge-works-u
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are you target shooting, happening preping, hunting, or all three.

Attached: 20190317_112546.jpg (2576x1932, 1.41M)

This would be in case of Electric Boogaloo CW 2.0

Get the highest quality shit you can. Keep your ladies happy and feed them well. I would suggest sticking to one type of ammo for sighting reasons. Storage won't be that big of a deal just have an ammo can in a dry area with a shoe box candy packet in it. Try to get one with a gasket pic related.

Attached: 20190317_190130.jpg (2576x1932, 1.05M)

Pretty sure 8m3 has terrible barrier penetration so you did well, user. Unless of course you're shooting pigs

There's not a great deal invested into 7.62x39 projectile design, the performance is more based on the old school concept that big, heavy, and energetic is reliable. There isn't a dramatic difference between 7.62x39 loadings in terms of terminal effects, I'm sure the golden tiger fan boys are going to shit on me about boat tails, but the cartridge is limited in range and the platforms throwing it typically favor reliability in adverse conditions over mechanical accuracy. If you have some driving need for specific performance criteria, you might find benefit if more sophisticated projectiles, but for 99% of what an AK does, you're fine with wolf, I'd avoid tula based on QC issues, but wolf is consistent and I've never had an issue across my AK, RPK or Draco

It's all basically the same. My advice is buy the cheapest.

>8M3
I prefer it to other ammo.

8m3 is the best ammo for killing humans in 7.62x39. made by the soviets to deal with 100 pound afghanis, and later rebranded as hunting ammo, its great ammo for the AK, def use for your shtf loadout

What about Red Army Standard 8V3 made by Vympel?

>from SG Ammo

ya fucked up

The modern offering of 8m3 has been lack luster. If your looking for defense rounds try hornady sst’s or 124/154 gr soft points. Federal fusion makes a load that performs well but is pricey.

Why?

>how much can you afford to buy?
>you are going to shoot it eventually anyways right?
This leads to me having many thousands of rounds that I got for the best deal possible. I would suggest buying more than 200 if you do user, at least a thousand.

Tula is garbage. It burns very dirty, its light loaded, and is not very accurate. You did good by buying the Barnaul.

My last batch of Barnaul (Monarch) shot sub-MOA groups out of my CZ 527.

Damn. Wish barnaul would load some rounds with the same bullet as 8M3.

while this is generally true 8m3 is supposed to be one of the outliers that really fucks shit up.

youtube.com/watch?v=0ENhmMKuaVU

i have a case of it for defensive ammo.

Attached: 8m3.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

Silver bear soft points do some damage too. Cant find them sealed though.

hmm, first time i've heard of x39 soft tip doing what it was supposed to. good to know

youtube.com/watch?v=_jfLZYnhT-w

The Silver Bear is the only non-US produced x39 I know of that doesn't use a steel jacketed bullet. I'd HOPE it actually expands.

not sure what hes on about, SG usually has competitive prices.

five bucks says someone from SG said something dumb on twitter and now we have to boycott them

Tula is for niggers. It's the only steel cased ammo I've had issues with, 8m3 projectile is the tits though. Honestly though whatever you use you're going to fuck someone up with, it's a heavy round. I would stick with the FMJ and see how it runs in your gun, 200-300 rounds isn't really enough to gauge how well it will perform.

Not him but SGammo has fucked me on shipping prices twice now.
>get to checkout
>get quoted shipping
>place order
>receipt and confirmation screen says higher amount by $10-20
>call
>"oh yes, our shipping calculator is just an ESTIMATE, actual shipping isn't figured until after you submit the order"
>yeah that's fucking fraud, gimme refund and cancel order
>oh nononononono we'll make it right, we promise!
>get bill adjustment to bring it back in line with order page, but it takes 3 weeks

Its bimetal, just like all Russian mass production ammo. Still performs pretty well.

Where do you live? It's always been exactly correct for me.

Suburban NC. I've never had an issue with shipping being different than estimated from any other retailer, gun or otherwise, and shipping is pretty "normally" priced because I live in a place that's easy to get to and close to a mail hub.

I'm 99% convinced they were trying to defraud me.

Those don't look like the normal copper-washed bimetal bullets, those appear to be actual copper jackets.

For example, this article demonstrates that the "whatever-bear" bullets routinely failed to expand, and have an actual copper jacket, not bimetal.

And pic related is a sectioned 8m3 bullet that also appears to not contain steel.

Attached: 8m3.jpg (800x797, 283K)

>this article
>doesn't link the article
fuck me. Anyway. ammochannel.com/7-62x39-golden-bear-soft-point-test-results/

Here is a pic I found from some guy that melted the lead out of the jacket. The jacket appears to be all copper and you can see the pre-cut fail lines that aide with fragmentation.

Attached: Screenshot_20190319-143100~2.png (706x971, 759K)

Mr. Gunsngear did a review of Silver Bear SP and it did well.

i'm willing to believe that silver bear performs differently from gold or brown based on
andsilver bear has a bi-metal jacket
cheaperthandirt.com/product/silver-bear-762x39mm-full-metal-jacket-zinc-plated-steel-case-123-grain-2430-fps-500-round-case-a762nfmj-24607094860765.do

so does the 8m3 in question
sgammo.com/product/tula/1000-round-case-762x39-8m3-124-grain-hollow-point-ammo-made-ulyanovsk-cartridge-works-u

>did well
In what? Ballistic gel? Was it calibrated? Was it calibrated PROPERLY? Because the article I linked showed it expanding (and separating entirely from the jacket, since it isn't bonded) in water, but doing fuck-all in calibrated gel.

>trusting an online-only wholesaler over a sectioned bullet
Yeah I highly doubt 8m3 is actually bimetal considering the literally hundreds of pics of sectioned 8m3 bullets showing copper on the interior.

bi-metal means it's an alloy of copper and steel, it will look coppery but be harder and cheaper than pure copper, and still attract a magnet and spark against hard surfaces.

Literally every "bimetal" bullet jacket is plain steel with a copper wash on the outside. Literally none of them are copper colored on the inside, this is evident when you look at all the sectioned bullets.

Some guy did a water bag test. This is the new Tula 8M3

Attached: R3kYaA2.jpg (480x640, 35K)

Also you can't truly alloy steel (or iron) and copper due to to the vastly different melting points. They separate and clump, so you get a lump of steel inside a case of copper instead of a blend.

This is the old Uly 8M3. Same water bag test.

Attached: A81Dfy5.jpg (480x640, 34K)

It was gel. I have no idea about the "calibration". Which I'm guessing just means it was at a particular temperature?

you're both wrong.

Attached: t83v3rhdr6.jpg (484x502, 43K)

Particular viscosity, which can be slightly adjusted by temperature.

All those "official" gel tests where you see they've shot it with a BB gun? That's the calibration test. X depth of penetration with Y weight BB (individually weighed) at Z fps muzzle velocity (chronographed).

Getting anywhere close to even approximating government gel consistency with commercially available gel mix is difficult at best, but some jewtubers put the effort in. Hence why you can have 3 jewtubers shoot the same round through the same gun and get wildly differing penetration depths. It's (usually) not ammo consistency but their gel consistency.

Just hollow point Wolf for comparison. Same bag test

Attached: uRXQsNa.jpg (480x640, 23K)

You're a fucking moron who doesn't know what he is talking about. That place has good prices good stock good mags and they are good people. On a old fiasco with ammo the owner bought all the ammo back from people who were dissatisfied with it all the while staying in communication with the community through youtube and the ak files. The only fuck ups here are you and your mother for not getting an abortion. Meanwhile i bought 1000 rounds of hollow point from one company got ball ammo instead spoke to someone once and never was able to raise another person again, no email contact nothing.

i just dug out a box and magnet tested it, the 8m3 from sgammo is bi-metal. in your defense their's is a new run of it, the pics you're looking at may be from original 8m3.

aww fuck don't tell me that, now I can't trust it to actually do anything.

I swear to fuck the Russians could fuck up the simplest goddamn designs.
>hollowpoints that don't expand
>softpoints that don't expand
>hardened steel penetrators that perform worse than M193
>"subsonic" rounds that aren't
>"bonded" bullets that shed their jacket

here's the test of that same 8m3 in gel, 14.7" penetration and fragments all over the place.

>that same
Unless you can compare lot numbers, that is now an unknown. You can't just fucking go changing how a goddamn bullet is made then call it the same bullet.

Based on my research and reviews, the new 8M3 seems to expand MOST of the time. For it's price I'm definitely gonna pick up a decent amount. My sealed and lacquered Barnaul can be stored for decades and that's probably what I'll do with it. This Tula 8M3 can be stored long term too thanks to the seals. Either way having a chance to explode and fragment vs no chance of it sounds fine to me. Being shot by 7.62x39 will ruin your day no matter what. I'll stick to cheap ass Wolf military classic for plinking. Pic related is second shot of Tula 8M3 into water bag

Attached: M7gQ3vM.jpg (480x640, 33K)

How does Tula stack up against Wolf? I have ~300 rounds of Tula that'll burn up over the next range trip or two, then the remainder of my stash (~4800 rounds) is mostly Wolf, with about 700 as Golden Tiger.

> The manufacturer is OJSC "The Ulyanovsk Cartridge Works". The importer is 'Tulammo USA Inc'.

Wolf is an importer and rebrander, they don't make their own. For a good while, Wolf was literally rebranded Tula.

I THINK current production Wolf is all Barnaul for 7.62x39, with the exception of Wolf Gold which is Taiwanese still. But I wouldn't guarantee it, and there's likely still some tula-made Wolf floating around out there unsold.

Tulammo mostly manufactures their own shit, some comes for Uly or Klim. Wolf is an importer of almost exclusively Barnaul. Golden Tiger is a product of Vympel. RAS is mostly Bulgarian. Wolf Gold is either Romanian or Taiwanese. RAS Gold is also the same Romanian brass cased stuff. Bear is Barnauls name brand, Brown Bear is lacquered steel cased, Silver Bear is nickel washed steel cased, and Golden Bear is brass-washes steel cased. That's the lay of the land for 7.62x39.

I notice less misfires with wolf. Sometimes Tula primers take two strikes or are straight up duds. Haven't had the issue with either Military Classic or WPA

Silver Bear is polished zinc plated steel case, not nickel. Still good tho.

sell your shit gun and invest in 300blk reloading stuff so you don't have to worry garbage bulk deals from commie nations again...

Attached: P3190056.jpg (2400x2400, 2.5M)

And what's your point? It's still trash.

>Unironically likes 300 memeout
HAHAHAHA he actually fell for it!!!

Attached: 1444106483631.jpg (500x375, 25K)