How'd I do?

Recently pulled the trigger and got myself a home defense/CC/SHTF weapon. Went ahead and got the G19 MOS gen 5.

Did I do good or am i fucked?

Attached: g19.jpg (640x480, 59K)

Can you run a 10 minute mile?

Gen 5s are notorious for issues. You'd have done better with a Gen 4 or waited for a Gen 6.

Yea definitely, use to run sub 13 2 miles in army and have been keeping it up to join local leo.

Can you?

What issues have you heard about?

A fine gun. Buy a light now

Mainly random chodes buying them and asking if they made a good purchase. It's a glock, no one cares. Literally everyone has one.

Yes and I buy guns without being a faggot. Is this your only gun?

It is the most boring gun purchase imaginable.

Pretty fucking shitty. You didn't do any research.

You did good. Extremely reliable, accurate, concealable pistol. Low maintenance and easily customizable too; the best all around pistol is the g19 imo. Dont listen to the retard saying gen 5s are bad they're not, all the gens are good gen 5 has been proven. If you're using it for home defense, get yourself a mounted flashlight.

I miss you Gunny.

If you're going to heavily invest in glock, consider getting a new trigger or new sights.

The stock trigger is too "sticky" and if you happen to like the stock trigger then you will love an actual trigger.

>invest
>in Glock
Literally change nothing. If you want some pimp's target pistol spend whatever you'd have spent on *upgrading* your Glock brand glock on a new pistol. The Glock is better when it's a disposable, featureless bullet dispenser.

They buy one gun and fix it till it's broke.

I fell asleep

Redundancy. Break one, grab its brother waiting to go.

Attached: safe.jpg (3024x4032, 2.56M)

>bought
give it back Lashawn

>gen 6 is weeks away and he gets this

Attached: 2C877EDC-7304-4136-83D2-D69E1F80E7D0.jpg (580x352, 83K)

Neat if yours. I am way too paranoid to take pictures of my safe.

This retort made me giggre

>beta testing
>having patience
>not going into cc debt for zombie/shtf gear
boomer

My OCD compels me to buy duplicates. Would be handy in an all-out ban, I guess. Mint spares.

Attached: boomers.jpg (474x266, 28K)

Well, it'll work, but youre a basic bitch.

I think there's a lot of charm to a totally basic fucking glock. It is a humble implement, not overcome with greebles or 'READ MANUAL BEFORE USING' nonsense. If he wants something fancy pants he can save his cash for some Korth revolver or some shit.

Congratulations, you bought the most boring handgun possible.

There is some validity to your post, but there is zero reason for this thread to exist. The whole point of buying a glock as your first gun is so that you can do as little thinking and research as possible.

Agreed. OP, you must return when you have purchased your second, non-Glock pistol.

Babby's first handgun.

I thought about my purchase. I considered the fnx9, p320, cz75, a highpower, fns9...I wanted something that had a ultimately a history of reliability, aftermarket support, and ability to be ccw without to much work. I came to the conclusion that the boring old g19 does all those things well enough that I should get it.

It may not be a cool milsurp gun, or the funnest shooter this is true. But I wanted a weapon that I knew would be reliable and could place my family and myself a trust in it at the end of the day.

Interesting to see the various reactions To such a simple gun purchase...

Is this bait or just your first time on Jow Forums?