Lockheed BTFO by Boeing

>We break: AF 5-yr plan to Hill today calls for spending $7.85b on 80 F-15EX jets, 18 per yr after the first 8 in 2020; F-35 plan calls for 240 through 2024, or 48 per yr; last yr's plan called for 54 per yr in 21', 22' 23'
twitter.com/ACapaccio/status/1107695447244791808

So the rumors were true: defenseone.com/business/2019/03/lockheed-martin-waging-war-boeings-f-15ex/155598/

Attached: boeing-f15x-1200.jpg (621x414, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8xtUyn9M9mE
twitter.com/MIL_STD/status/1107657935264641024
google.com/amp/s/www.popularmechanics.com/military/aviation/amp26413900/air-force-buying-new-f-15/
youtube.com/watch?v=CEeB2R-outc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I look forward to seeing F-15s in mars

I'm not sure I understand OP. What has changed?

Why do you spell like a retard?

Some airforce general played to much ace combat and decided he wanted a jet that could carry 2 dozen AMRAAMs.

Fuck yea. F15 is the greatest fighter flying today

That’s incredibly useful when paired with f35s. F35s our front painting aerial targets, and the F15s engaging from beyond visual range

>ace combat
Thread theme.

youtube.com/watch?v=8xtUyn9M9mE

twitter.com/MIL_STD/status/1107657935264641024

Well the model for future air combat is to have stealth fighters get in close and mark each other while missile carriers sit behind the lines and chuck shit at whatever their fighters mark, so it makes more sense than you think.

Source?

WE MACROSS SPAM NAO

but seriously f-15 missile trucks make a lot of sense when used in conjunction with f-35/22. cheaper than retrofitting b-1b lancers to become the boneR.

Attached: f-15ex.jpg (970x550, 93K)

google.com/amp/s/www.popularmechanics.com/military/aviation/amp26413900/air-force-buying-new-f-15/
>The F-22 and F-35 can carry only six and four air-to-air missiles respectively, tucked away in internal weapons bays. Both jets can tack on external pylons to carry more weapons, but doing so would ruin their carefully designed stealth profiles. In combat, the Air Force could pair an F-35 Joint Strike Fighter with an F-15X, with the F-35 remaining hidden from enemy sensors and quietly marking targets for the F-15X to kill. With up to 22 missiles on the F-15X, this combination could take out a lot of enemy aircraft before running out of ammunition.

it's been openly discussed for years. google.

Use your brain. Also see

better use this since it's a Spam and plain Eagle and not a fancy jet doing fancy things

What's the point of the wingman drones being developped atm then?

Good, fuck lockheeb mart.

fuck me twice
youtube.com/watch?v=CEeB2R-outc

This is the kind of thing that sets the US above everyone else. The F15 is part of the reason why the US is so dominant in the air. After we decimated the Iraqi Air Force they started burying their planes instead of trying to fight.

>dat nostalgia
DELET!!!

To protect the F35. The proposed drones would also be stealthy, limiting the number of air to air missles carried. The F15 can also climb higher, and is much faster than the F35.

>To protect the F35.
Are you sure about that? I always pictured wingman drones as being like the last power-up in Gradius (know what I mean?).

The F15 has a combat record of 104-0. It is also the only plane in existence that has shot down a satellite. I’m ecstatic to the see the F15 fully modernized. While it is the best interceptor aircraft on the planet, this new model working with 35s will make it even more of a plane killer than it already is.

Yea I’m sure. They are also great for high risk missions being that they are unmanned. They would fill a different role than the F15s.

Good. I hope they end up getting the 400+ planes. People know not to fuck with F15s

But wouldn't the F 15 get picked up BVR

Sure, but with the F35 painting targets the F15 will fire first. But just ask anyone how easy it is to shoot down an F15

I mean that with the F 15's radar signature it will be picked up at ranges greater than or equal to the AIM 120

War has changed.

This guy leaves out that the F-15EX are to replace old F-15C/D.

War, war never changes.

kek

does anyone know if f-15x has madl?

Jesus these boing shills getting on my nerves. Why can’t boing into stealth?

To get shot at without risking actual pilots.

Working as the guy who loads/unloads missiles on fighter jets, Id say that looks like a major pain in the ass

t. Lockheed shill

Boeing just suck tho

The F-15X will be a Missile Boat to the 22/35's Attack sub.

Let us work together in peace brothers!

Attached: 1552703563618.jpg (988x1024, 68K)

*crashes*

>cheaper than retrofitting b-1b lancers to become the boneR.
Plus the Air force gets to save billions since all the development of infrastructure and institutional knowledge centered around the f-15 family is already completed.
My other guess for the f-15 purchase is the f-22 is not numerous enough to firmly take on the responsibility of patrolling around the clock since they are limited to 8k flight hours.