Explain this to an OzFag with no guns

So, to me owning a firearm for self-defence is not a bad idea, but just a little over the top.
I personally feel that a smart alarm system, floodlights and or visible security cameras would work as a deterrent for any half-brained criminal.

Attached: 8kxg1qejbiro1_500.jpg (500x500, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-defence_(Australia)
i.4cdn.org,
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You forgot the teleporter so that police can be there instantly if a criminal decides to ignore all that.

Also you'll need a bag of infinite holding to bring it all with you when you leave your house.

A firearm is not over-the-top. It's just another layer of security if the others fail.
Also remember that many criminals are fucking stupid.

Stupid, true. But you would have to both be blind and deaf to not notice the blaring alarm + the floodlight blinding them.

/thread
Why do you need the bus, bro?
Just walk 15 miles at night

It's not a matter of noticing. It's a matter of caring. And many criminals know damn well that they will be gone long before the police or anyone else manages to show up.

Notice? They'll notice. Care? Well...
Put it this way: do you really want your safety to be dictated by the whims of a criminal already bent on doing you wrong?

Kek. This is it my friends

Attached: 8CCB3D3C-489E-485D-9C86-29A5D10AE9BC.jpg (750x738, 66K)

Flood lights and alarms don't work due to police response time vs. robbery length of time. That's what dogs are for. If a big ass dog doesn't scare them off that's what the guns are for because you're not going to scare off someone that determined either.

you make a fair point.
Though to do you feel in coming time that security systems are going to be advanced to the point that they can track / forward info to the police as a robbery is happening.

am I on the wrong board? should i ask Jow Forums ?

kek. does your alarm system come with you outside of the home?
Does your alarm system function when the power is out?
Does your alarm system function if the phone lines are cut?
Does the alarm system do anything if the criminal doesn't give a shit and decides to rape your ass?
Can the alarm system unrape your wife's cunt?
I hear you guys have something of a nigger problem in your cities now. Congrats and welcome to the party.

Attached: chimpout.jpg (1008x1260, 315K)

Yeah, that's a good point Dogs + Alarms are effective measures.
and if your house is kitted out correctly you can drastically increase the time it takes to rob

Hold up. You want a camera in your house to constantly report on your activities to the government? Nigga, have you read 1984?
Just leave now, bootlicker.

to be fair, recording is local. No one has the bandwidth to transmit multiple cameras 24/7 and no sane person can expect active monitoring of multiple cameras 24/7.
The cameras exist as an after-the-rape artifact in an attempt to identify the nigger, in the dark, wearing a dark hoodie.

Attached: nig_calculates.jpg (640x482, 76K)

>does your alarm system come with you outside of the home?
No, but that's called not being a dumbcunt and going to dodgy areas at night

>Does your alarm system function when the power is out?
Most alarm systems have batter backups now that function for 8 - 12 hours

>Does your alarm system function if the phone lines are cut?
4G enables systems are coming to market soon i believe

>Does the alarm system do anything if the criminal doesn't give a shit and decides to rape your ass?
The idea is he doesn't get in the first place.

>Can the alarm system unrape your wife's cunt?
Can a gun undo that?

>So, to me owning a firearm for self-defence is not a bad idea, but just a little over the top.
>I personally feel that a smart alarm system, floodlights and or visible security cameras would work as a deterrent for any half-brained criminal.
A firearm is a last line of defense on top of a security system when someone breaks in while youre home. By them doing so when youre home instead of waiting for you to leave, one should assume hostile intent for their and their family's safety.
Living in the information age, you can read of these stories and sometimes have access to security footage the times criminals CHOSE to make people victims and, luckily, someone shared the video. You can watch victims and criminals be assaulted or killed and only read about rapes.
I highly encourage you to watch these videos and notice that:
>this is the real world and bad things fucking happen
>the police arent there in time to save the day ever (even recently for 10 whole minutes at the mosque shooting if you havent seen that already)
>youll normally only find videos where the defender is armed because they won and that makes it somehow morally better to post.
>theres often many gun shots exchanged
You shouldnt take pride in being defenseless; it's dodo bird devolution. Your ancestors were willing to kill when it had to happen and thats why you exist today.

>a deterrent for any half-brained criminal
>most criminals are melanin-enriched no-brains
See the problem?

>Can a gun undo that?
A gun is certainly more useful in a self def situation than a loud speaker. If you haven't figured that out, there's not much more I can tell you.

It took 10 minutes for police to respond to the mosque shooter. He killed everyone inside and double tapped every body lying there.

So... You still expect to get raped or robbed or whatever? Fuck that, just shoot the guy before he does you harm. It's really that simple. His right to live goes out the window when he climbs in yours.

Didn't mean it like that, but you don't think the Gubberment is already tracking most of your activity already?

When the tech gets to the point where thats possible do you think people will adopt it was what i was really asking.

In my old town criminals were doing day robbing. They’d pose as maintenance workers or maybe a solicitor and as soon as the door opened they pile in and beat the homeowner and steal shit.
Cameras didn’t matter, floodlights wouldn’t matter, alarms don’t matter.

Also, a thing about alarms, they tale forever for help to be sent, first it alerts the alarm co, who then call the police, who then explain the alarm, and then a unit will be assigned, when available. It takes forever

I have no quarrel with your statement. I'm just saying a good gun and alarm+recording equipment are complimentary. Unless of course you intend to shoot-shove-shut_up.

Attached: aug.jpg (3223x1418, 1.37M)

Issue is, here in aus we have a WONDERFUL law that prohibits us form harming / killing people in defence.

Excessive use of force has gotten people jailed / put on trail. I'd love to say that shooting every shady fuck that rocks up on my deck and option but sadly it aint.

>n aus we have a WONDERFUL law that prohibits us form harming / killing people in defence
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-defence_(Australia)

The question to be asked in the end is quite simple. It is whether the accused believed upon reasonable grounds that it was necessary in self-defence to do what he did. If he had that belief and there were reasonable grounds for it, or if the jury is left in reasonable doubt about the matter, then he is entitled to an acquittal. Stated in this form, the question is one of general application and is not limited to cases of homicide.

its literally up to a jury to see if you killed this guy in self defence.

this is the sort of shit that should result in heavy vigilantism, just track the idiots down and burn their houses down while they're asleep

Attached: lol just call the police.png (1158x1437, 292K)

>would work as a deterrent for any half-brained criminal.
Sometimes a quarter-brained criminal breaks into your house. Bullets work on everybody.

So you have to wait for the felon who woke you up in the middle of the night to get within visual range, possibly in the dark, and make his move first to then rationally decide what level of force is necessary?
Why is his life worth risking yours, the law abiding tax paying citizen, to such a level for? What does he contribute to the world other than pain, stress, and consumption of resources? All they had to do not to be shot was not break into your house with unknown intent while you were home or at the very least wait for you to leave like a respectful criminal that valued their own safety.
Tell your government to stop making victims. It starts with you just sharing your thoughts with your friends and coworkers until a popular idea emerges.
works as a great way to word it to them.

I've decided I'm going to kill you.

Your security there did absolutely nothing in that scenario.

Nice job, smooth-brain.

Attached: 1552524976022.jpg (802x1002, 251K)

I'm hopeful that the Muslim community stands up for self defense laws after Christchurch. It'd be a real treat if the victims of a mass shooting decided that they didn't want to be unarmed and helpless ever again.

>not being a dumbcunt and going to dodgy areas at night
You're sheltered as fuck. Dodgy shit finds you plenty of times. Good targets aren't in shit areas.

>The idea is he doesn't get in the first place
Laughable. If someone wants in, they will get in. South Africa proves this.

>Can a gun undo that?
It stops it from happening.

t.cop
Citizens should be armed, all gun laws are unconstitutional. You care more about rapists and murderers than you do innocent people. You are a coward.

Also, every country has some unjust laws and I dont mean my opinion to be disrespectful of yours. Addressing these problem laws is how you get them changed though.

dont be a pussy and not do your part hoping a minority group does it for you. Popular support is popular support.
Using the shooting as an example of police not being able to be everywhere when seconds count is an okay strategy though.

American here, senpai. I was speaking more as a global thing. Like, all the Islamics go, "Fuck that shit," and Western civilization bends over backwards to help the poor brown people. I already have my CC, so it's not even for me but more if a, "We must secure a future for gun owners," thing.

AMEN and wish cops like you are a 99% majority.
Depends on the area.

A society, culture or municipality gets the crime rate that they are willing to tolerate.

I'm going to wear a ski mask and kick in your back door at 3pm, if you're home I'm going to club you half to death with a tire iron and rape you with the same iron before making you transfer your bank account to me and give me all your shit, then I'm going to kill you anyway.

Bingo.
Criminals pick targets of opportunity. If they fear resistance, or swift punishment, they are dissuaded. No punishment is as swift, no resistance is as strong, as a fucking bullet.

Christ, Australians are such giant pussies

these measures operate on catching a criminal,thing is most criminals think (assume) they won't get caught and will be gone before the law shows up, you pull a gun on them and the question changes from "am i gonna get caught" to "am i gonna live" and while robbing you blind and raping your tender pink asshole is worth the risk of getting caught it isn't worth the risk of getting shot.

also crazy gonna do what crazy gonna do, if a floridian (or equivalent nut job) breaks into your home a burglar alarm, cameras and flood lights won't do a fucking thing except provide excellent lighting and an eventual audience to you being eaten alive with a side of potato salad and tangy mustard.

excellent lighting and an eventual audience for the home video of you being eaten alive with a side of potato salad and tangy mustard

Have your security system to deter casual criminals and a firearm for the determined ones.

/Ourpig/

>t. cop
I no longer have enough faith left to believe this.

>I have airbags in my car, so why do I need a seatbelt?
That's how retarded you sound.

based cop

In America we have 16th-brained criminals. Known as niggers they don't really understand deterrent that isn't immediate blinding pain. In their minds security cams are just there so people know they went hard during their application to Nigger University. Hence the need for firearms.

I thought it was 30

It helps with added assurance, but a gun would be one of those things if there was ever a rare chance of a bad guy breaching all of the defenses. Kind of like a king making a last stand for his kingdom, except not as dramatic.

You'd be surprised how skilled a lot of criminals are getting nowadays. Hacking credit cards, shoplifting via proxy, swatting, etc. Good potential going to waste for malicious gratification.

>don't go to dodgy areas
Some people don't have the luxury of doing that. Salary dictates where you live around here.

>can a gun undo that?
It won't. But what some people don't take into consideration is that criminals who have a history of sexual predation can rape the person a second time or target someone else.

A dumb rabid chimp kind of criminal would smash into your house regardless of the security measures you mentioned, OP. You think Tyrone and Jamal are gonna run just because an alarm went off? And a smarter criminal would case the place, and probably figure out how to cut or circumvent your alarm. Yes, that happens. Your alarm covers some windows but not the second story ones? You left a ladder in your shed. Or they'll find some other way.
That's utterly retarded. How did that even happen?

Confrontations are complicated like that. Some people are just too naive to understand the difference between when someone is backed into a corner vs shooting someone in the back as they're running away.

But despite what these pacifist thinkers say, lethal force still has defensive use in certain circumstances (just ask the Bosniaks or the Tutsis). The exact reason why police officers are still issued guns in certain parts of the world today.

>spend $10,000 on home security
>smart alarm goes off
>criminal not deterred
>floodlights engage
>criminal can now see you
>security cameras engaged
>video of what criminal does to you and your family shows up on bestgore and liveleak a few weeks later.
VS
>$1000 for wonder 9, years of ammo, and training
>criminal enters house
>you shoot criminal repeatedly
>criminal ceases criminal activities immediately

Attached: f136051464.jpg (605x489, 161K)

>guy comes in with mask and gun
>security cameras dont work
>guy is high on drugs doesnt give a fuck about floodlights or alarm
>is only there to kill with a gun
>all you have no gun but smart alarm system floodlights and security cameras

The problem is that they won't. If they do want guns they'll just illegally import them and get a pass from cucked western governments. They don't want you to have guns at all.

>Muslim community

Attached: 1552955998924.png (1321x306, 67K)

You're not wrong. The foundation of reliable and effective security is in the planning, situational awareness, and personal responsibility. If things devolve into gunplay then you have seriously fucked up somewhere along the line.

>OzFag
wait, i thought your ISP banned you all from Jow Forums?!

damnit, i was really looking forward to an internet with fewer OZ trolls

Yeah but it helps to take extra precaution

I have a 158 grain 357 magnum, I have a police officer. The police officers response time, my house being bumfuck nowhere, is minimum half an hour. My 158 grain is pushing 1400fps, longest shot in my house is about 30 yards, longest practical is about 15. Which solves the problem first?

AHHHH YASSSS
Ozfag - this is SOLID logic!
We now know how you lost your gun rights.

I'll carry that alarm and floodlights on my jacket and the sec cams can hang from my hat?
A gun would we be soooooooo over the top. I mean what are we doing here? Living in complete reality or something?

pssshtt

>I personally feel would work as a deterrent for any half-brained

But what if it doesn't, and now your wife is dead and your daughter is getting raped while you're tied up downstairs?

Attached: 1552599897658.jpg (1634x996, 283K)

>You care more about rapists and murderers than you do innocent people. You are a coward.
HNNNNG

Attached: 1548373161274.jpg (944x1058, 184K)

>smart alarm system, floodlights and or visible security cameras would work as a deterrent for any half-brained criminal.
They aren't, not entirely.

Live through a moment in your life in which you realised the only reason you're alive is dumb luck, and that if you had a gun, you wouldn't just be alive because of the roll of a dice, but could have instead taken charge of the situation and defended yourself.

Problem is most criminals don't even have half a brain. I've had 3 attempts on my house in 10 years. Only 1 was stopped by my yelling at them. 2 were stopped from warning shots through the door;. Criminals do not care about laws or consequences until after you wake them up out of their criminal mindstate.

>Be me
>23
>Renting in upscale suburbs paying 2k a month rent split with roommate
>Be outside at 4pm taking care of lawn
>Be not me
>3 melanin enriched fellows driving by
>Decide they wish to enhance their status in society by forceful reperations
>Be me get mugged in my nice neighborhood. Dw I wont ever go home cause it's now dodgy.
Quit being a victim and get out of sheep mentality.
Fun fact those 3 gents were never found. So surprised

This. Criminals are so fucking stupid they have ⅛ of a brain that can understand the full ramifications of their actions.
They don't even understand that I'm only hesitant to kill them is because it's such a burden afterwards. Legally and mentally. I had to fend off an asshole by gunpoint too.
it had to come to that even though I did everything else I could think of to deter it before that but theyre so stupid they don't even see them until im half a second from painting the ground with their brains.
Alot of people who follow the law aren't cowards or future victims and they can never comprehend that.

>>Can the alarm system unrape your wife's cunt?
>Can a gun undo that?
A gun can stop it
The point of asking if it can unrape someone is that it can't, but because neither it, not the police can stop it, you have to ask what's the point?
"Well sure it won't stop the bad thing from happening, but AFTER the fact..."
Can it unrape your wife? Can it unmurder your daughter?
No. No.
Can a gun?
No.
Can a gun stop it from happening?
Yes

Idiots didn't take out 4channel lol, or i.4cdn.org, so all the vids are still up and acessable.
I think someone at the ISP's realised that blocking 4channel and i.4cdn.org would be too much, so they didn't.

No thats a fudds way of thinking and its retarded

its was merely a dns block.

Does anyone know if using a gun in ausfalia for self defence is an absolute guarantee that your license will be taken away? I mean great if it saves your life once, but what if the boongs friends decide to have a second try at you/your house knowing that the law has likely confiscated your guns?

It is just DNS I think, tested, yeah, did fuck all.
8.8.8.8 to the rescue.

Aussie law basically says "Whatever's reasonable", so I know people who have both a rifle and a pistol in the same gunsafe so they can always say "I didn't want to kill him, I just wanted to stop him from hurting me"
Self defence shootings are so fucking rare in Australia that it matters for fuck all, you can't find any follow up info on the people who did it because you can only find cases where the defender "Horribly overreacted" in the eyes of the jury, and were fucked anyway.

Oh well, I suppose if it saves your life at least once then its done a better job than not having one in the first place. But I really do wonder how much of target those people who did "Horribly overreact" feel like now that they had their guns confiscated and everyone has read about them in the paper and how evil they are and that they now have no guns to defend themselves. fugg

>boongs can read these days

It was 30-40. He literally got in his car and drove to another mosque lol

We've got to brace ourselves, Kiwi shitposting isn't going to stop for a year now.

Fucking horrible, I'm sure.
There's always moving to the US, buying a block of land on a mountain, and chilling for the rest of your life in peace, but eh.