Prep thread

Do you prep?
What do you prep?
What are your prepping for?
Do you honestly think it will happen?
USA only or world wide?
Things on your list to get?

Lets get it on

Attached: il_570xN.1155789539_f2e4.jpg (570x570, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tax7H6O_Yw4
youtube.com/watch?v=DyV0OfU3-FU&list=PLE88E9ICdiphYjJkeeLL2O09eJoC8r7Dc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Do you prep?
yes
>What do you prep?
Just prepped my breakfast
>What are your prepping for?
Breakfast you silly nit
>Do you honestly think it will happen?
It just did, was delicious
>USA only or world wide?
Everyone eats breakfast user
>Things on your list to get?
Almost out of eggs, and I do need bacon

Attached: 2017-08-28_2319_sausage_and_eggs.png (630x412, 493K)

Oi arnt you a cheeky cunt
Must be from uk because you cant prep anything with out a licence

That's loisense to you m8.

>no big pepper flakes sprinkled over the eggs
Into the trash it goes

I prefer prepper flakes.

No ketchup, why. Its the only thing that makes eggs taste good

>ketchup on sunny side up

Attached: 1552873571185.jpg (957x960, 51K)

Attached: Preps.jpg (600x800, 125K)

I prep by playing fallout. I have over 2000 hours in NV alone.

Attached: 1507126299629.jpg (1080x1080, 194K)

nonono, SALT and/or shiracha

the salt and pepper go into the hashbrowns, then you drown both the hashbrowns and the eggs in syrup, and then its the good stuff

what about the brownsauce

BWEAKFAST!

my neighbor

>Do you prep?
Yes
>What do you prep?
Guns, ammo, food and trade goods
Everything
That's the point of trying to prepare
>USA only or world wide?
Does that matter to you if something happened?
Guns, ammo, food and trade goods
Eggs are only good with hot sauce.

>Do you prep?
I guess
>What do you prep?
general innawoods shit and stuff to go 1776 two electric bugaloo
IDK, pretty much anything that could happen
not really, but it's a fun thing to think about
>USA only or world wide?
If the US gets fucked enough for me to go innawoods than the rest of the world would be in pretty deep shit
ammo and some smaller shit

most of my "prepping" is going camping to find out what I still need to go innawoods and occassionally collecting shit like more guns and survival shit.

I like to prep big basics.
Rice
Water
Ammo
Liquor
Canned Meats and Veggies
Paper Products
Firewood
Spices/Salt/Sugar/Flour
Seeds
Vitamins

I'm a HUGE gardener, hunter/fisherman/outdoorsman, I'm in great shape physically, I lift 4 days a week and do cardio, I can fight and hike, I have pretty good knowledge of survival and I'm just generally a good problem solver, also mechanical and methodical. I have lots of hand tools. I feel like I would do better than most during SHTF, but I would fucking lose my mind without the Internet, movies/tv etc. I really actually think that having a ton of downloaded movies or DVDs with a power source like a generator would be a fucking GODSEND

Also, I've been evacuated from my home 4 times in my life due to flooding. I'm talking part of a mass-evacuation with thousands of people. SHTF is very real. I'm really just thinking one day our economy will collapse and there could easily be another large scale terrorist attack/war.

Ketchup is for children, user.

>Do you prep?
Yup.

>What do you prep?
Food, water, guns/ammo, medicine, shelter, communications, and precious metals.

Definitely economic collapse. Maybe mass civil unrest. Probably both.

Yes.
If anyone cares, you can ask me why and I'll write up an essay explaining all the risk factors that are currently influencing or could influence the world economy.

>USA only or world wide?
World wide.

More medical training. Learn how to garden.
And you can never have enough white rice and beans.

Attached: la riots 3.jpg (907x615, 235K)

this

Dont have a house yet so no but when I do I will absolutely prep. But since I'm not an autistic faggot I'll be prepping for realistic events. Basically having enough food and water to last a few months, equipment to cook food and tools to help recover or flee. In the event of invasion or civil breakup I'll be joining an organization probably so why worry outside of the first few months of survival?

Also I should say my prepping will almost entirely be geared towards natural disasters.

How about industrial disasters? No factories near you, or transport routes for anonymous-looking tank trucks, or railroad tracks?

I care, do you think Canada will be super fucked?

I've only just started prepping with medicine, ammo/guns, now that I have my own place finally. I'd like to hear someones "educated" input on the future collapse

Eggs get salt and pepper, hash browns get Tabasco for shredded has browns or Tabasco and a dab of ketchup for country style potatoes. Anyone suggesting you put syrup on breakfast items that are not waffles or pancakes is a fucking fatty fat fatty.

Glowwie

This guy cooks.

Well, specifically in regards to Canada, some of the territories have the largest sovereign debt levels in the world.
youtube.com/watch?v=Tax7H6O_Yw4

That plus the "perfect storm" brewing in the Canadian housing market. Which is extremely over valued due to foreign investment, bailouts, and artificially low interest rates (not too dissimilar to from the US). Foreign investment mostly being from China, which is in the beginning of a huge housing market crisis. That means the value of Canadian housing markets will plummet with China's. In China it's not uncommon for families to own three houses because it's been marketed to them by the government as the best investment.

Which is because the Chinese government has tried to artificially stimulate it's economy (following a drop in US consumer spensing on Chinese goods) by developing giant mega cities with millions and millions of empty luxury houses and apartments.
Youtube "China ghost cities" if you ever want to be amazed by the levels of waste a government can go to to "stimulate" an economy. It's all a paper tiger, if you will.

The Canadian market is also smaller and more regulated than the US market which means it will have a "slower" recovery and less government revenue but will still try to do just as much. Not that I expect the US gov to cut back when the SHTF.

The Canadian central banks have also put everything on fiat, so to speak. The central bank is currently selling off all of their precious metals and getting laws passed making it harder for Canadians to buy them as well.

So while last year was record breaking in modern history for central banks buying Gold and Silver, Canada was selling theirs. For example, Russia bought more Gold in the last 10 years than the last 100 years.

So when the USD, the reserve currency of the world, fails, Canada will have nothing to fall back on.

Attached: economic collapse.jpg (900x1200, 219K)

Can i get a time frame?

For the collapse?

Yeah. Like 5 years 10 years 15 years. Run to walmart and buy all the water and spam you can right now?

20 years, definitely.
10 years, probably.
5 years, maybe.
2 years, possibly.
But no one has a magic ball and the powers at be are extremely skilled at kicking the can down the road.
I advise everyone I know to sell all their guns except for one rifle and one handgun (or legal equivalent) and buy food and water. That's what I've done (with the exception of two pistols that were wedding giftsof my grandparents that they gave me). I bought some gold and silver. Got some firearms training classes under my belt. Put aside a year and a half of food (obviously a large portion beans/white rice in buckets). Bought those square gallon water jugs from the dollars store and sticked them under the stairs in my basement.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if it happened before the 2020 election because they don't want Trump to get reelected, Rs to take back house and senate, and supreme court to be 6-3 or even a 7-2 conservative majority.
I unironically think you should have a years worth of food. Maybe a month of canned goods as well. And just get as much water as you can. It's not like water is expensive, just put it some where.
If it happened tomorrow, I know I could never really be prepared for some sort of Great Depression 2: Civil War 2 boogaloo, but I'm confident I won't starve or dehydrate, ya know.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't be afraid, but be motivated. Don't live in fear that the sky will fall any minute, but understand that the sky falls every 8-10 years no matter what and there's reason to believe this could be worse than many others.

Attached: 1929 stock market crash.gif (327x251, 1.42M)

>Do you prep
Yep
>What do you prep
water and food in my basement, enough for maybe 2 weeks
>What are you prepping for
Collapse of the fed and balkanization of the USA or major earthquake or both
>Do you honestly think it will happen
I fucking doubt it desu but the consequences of not being prepped make that incredibly small risk a pretty important one, especially considering how easy it is to buy a palate of bottled water and canned beans, veggies, and chili.
>USA only or world-wide
Implying any major change to the US economy wouldn't have serious global consequences
>Things on your list to get
I still need funs to be completely honest with you guys. I know it sucks to browse Jow Forums as a nofuns but I have almost no money and couldn't justify it to myself to make that big of a purchase. Next couple months for sure I'm going to get a handgun, a shotgun, and a rifle.

I don't buy into this individualist prepper mentality. small towns-cities are the most robust human organizational structures ever, we have cities today that have been around since the iron age. The same is not true for nations, economics systems, fortunes, practically anything else. So as soon as the shit hits the fan we need to make sure our city knows that if we have anything to say about it, nobody is going to hunger, thirst, or fall ill. The plan is to allow almost nobody to die as a result. Proper management in a crisis will allow you to rise through ranks quickly and eventually become a major leader in a new nation built from the ashes, boundaries closely aligned with your bioregion.
Ideally we'd avoid foreign meddling but properly managing foreign meddling would probably be a more useful (yet difficult) move than outright avoiding it.
Let's say I'm on the west coast, do I just ask China for weapons, ammo, and training for a new army? How do I get them to help without giving them complete control?

you can prep my balls for lunch

Clever user

bump for end of the world

I got bullets, i got guns, i got food.
I need water, i just need a good way to store water

Attached: 1509551816005.gif (400x250, 2.28M)

I do prep and only because my last neighbor was a fucking psychopath. When I moved in he was here and was kinda chill. Weird but chill. He eventually asked if we had supplies because storms can knock out the power and some times it stays off for a few days. Eventually he moved on to full blown crazed walking around his house and yard with either a massive .357 on his hip or a shotgun slung on his back dressed like a fucking urban commando. One day my son swore that he saw him moving boxes into his garage well night came around and he left his garage open. His garage is behind his house and only my yard can see in. So while having a smoke I walked down the yard and peeked through the fence saw tones of fucking supplies all the way up to the walls. He eventually got busted some how for suspicious shit and the police found bombs he had made in his garage that he planned to put in his yard if shtf like a mine field. So now I stock up but only because psychos like him are all over the place and if Im not stocked and prepared when shtf they will come fist fuck me take my shit kill my wife son and I and blow up my house up

kek

Attached: 1551131467107.jpg (1180x842, 497K)

Yes, I'd like to hear why you think there'll be a collapse. I don't have enough time to do my own research/speculation on the matter.

Gonna start prepping anyway though, although more with natural disasters and such in mind.

Absolutely based and ketchupilled

>Do you prep?
Yeah
>What do you prep?
The basics.
Done with a focus on 'preps' that benefits me in the here and now even if there's never any big disaster - solar panels save me money, buying food in bulk during sales and cycling through also saves me.
Anything.
No.
>USA only or world wide?
Like I said, don't honestly think anything will happen.
Nothing. I've got all the preps I want, I don't think anything more is justified by the small chance that I'll ever need them.

bump

I'll write some greentext up after I get home from buying groceries.

Here are some economic problems the US and the world are facing.
>US federal debt: 22 trillion, the highest it's ever been
>US consumer debt: 70 trillion, the highest it's ever been
>US federal unfunded liabilities: 280-360 trillion, the highest it's ever been
>US corporate debt: 6 trillion, the highest it's ever been
>The US is appearing to be in the beginning of a recession
>China is appearing to be in the beginning of a recession
>If China enters a recession, we might too
>Emerging markets are hitting recessions (like Turkey, Argentine, and South Africa)
>If enough of the emerging markets enter a recession, we might too
>Social Security could cause a collapse as boomers take more than other generations can put in
>Paying the interest on the federal debt will soon surpass social security
>If the Fed continues to raise interest rates, it will collapse the economy
>The sock market in it's entirety is a bubble
>>when they were bailed out and interest rates were lowered after 2008, they didn't improve their business, they did stock buybacks
(cont)

Attached: civil war.png (660x1673, 105K)

>This artificially raised the prices of stocks
>A similar thing happened with the housing market and it is also a bubble
>In 2010 (iirc) the majority of our economy switched to a "just in time" system, eliminating storing goods in warehouses and everything needs to be transported just in time to be bought
>Which means grocery stores only have 3 days worth of food for their regular amount of customers
>The fed created more money in the last 10 years than all of our history combined
>The reason we have experienced hyper inflation is because it was sold as bonds to foreign nations
>Mostly to Europe and East Asia
>If they have a recession, they will likely sell off our debt
>If the debt comes back to the US because they decide they don't want it any more, we are 100% guaranteed to experience extreme levels of hyper inflation
>Nearly all central banks have been buying record rates of Gold and Silver
>JP Morgan is sitting on the largest Silver horde in world history
>Millennials have some of the most debt for younger ages than other generations
>Most of it is student loan debt which is very hard to default on and will likely be paying it off into their 50s
>This means they are unlikely to buy houses, crashing the housing market, causing an economic collapse
>This also means lowered consumer spending, also causing an economic collapse

And there's a bunch more stuff, assuming that new problems don't also arise, but I'm already past the character limit.

Attached: boomer vs millennial debt and earnings.png (524x2121, 393K)

Man, I forgot to mention that our currency is fiat, every currency is backed by our currency, and our currency is about 10 years past the average lifespan of fiat currencies.

Just watch these videos. Better that a masters level econ course.
youtube.com/watch?v=DyV0OfU3-FU&list=PLE88E9ICdiphYjJkeeLL2O09eJoC8r7Dc

Attached: bolivar to usd.jpg (729x960, 61K)

Interesting.

Well shit. So you saying prep hard for long term, not just 30 days worth of pork and beans?

>Do you prep?
yes
>What do you prep?
mostly food, water and utilities
my country will most likely default on welfare payment at some point it will trigger riots
yes, if it's not that it might be something else
>USA only or world wide?
i don't understand the question
weapons (thanks europe)

Most realistic kind of prepping right here

I mean, you're not wrong about our rediculous debt levels, but about 69 percent of US debt is sovereign and held by the US public. Even if other countries sold all of thier Treasuries at once, it would only increase our actual money supply by about 30 percent, which the Treasury could buy so as to prevent it from inflating the money supply. Don't get me wrong, a stagflation crisis, where the dollar loses much of it's international clout has me worried too and I also feel it will be the most likely crisis facing us, especially as our industrial productivity levels are still poor, but it likely won't trigger Venezuela- esque collapse. Think more America circa- 1970's but on steroids. We still produce much of our own energy (though decline rates for fracked oil wells are very concerning,) and are net food exporters on a large scale. Don't discredit our large tech industry either.

Sirry, correction, I meant the Federal Reserve could buy the excess treasuries.

Everyone says the reserve is bad?

I mean, accomodating our federal governments' spending spree for the past 10- plus years rather than letting the unnecessary fluff fall apart was an injustice, the way they are able to shape the economy from the top down is disconcerting, and so was the way that Congress violated the Constitution to give them the ability to print money, but having independent (at least on paper) central banks is the economic model applied by most governments around the world today, and generally they do an OK job of maintaining people's trust in thier respective fiat currencies.

>69 percent of US debt is sovereign and held by the US public
Right. So that means all of the savings and retirements for average US citizens will be destroyed because.
> it would only increase our actual money supply by about 30 percent
Absolutely false. It would be closer to 3,000%. As I've said, they have made more money (debt) in the last 10 years than the previous 230 years. If all of that currency is introduced to the market, it will make the Weimar Republic look fiscally conservative.
>which the Treasury could buy so as to prevent it from inflating the money supply
Again, false. The fed has been trying to lighten their books so that they MIGHT be able to try that, but they have been unable to have any real impact at quantitative tightening and have stopped. Powell just made an announcement yesterday saying as much.
Same for raising interest rates.

The Fed has run out of smoke and mirrors. The only thing they can do is negative interest rates.
And if the dollar collapses, we won't have any industry.

The Fed is the devil!

Attached: henry ford.png (1280x720, 459K)

Your math doesn't add up. You're suggesting that our money supply will increase 3000% if all the sudden literally everyone in every foreign nation sold all thier US debt, even though I just stated they only hold 30% of our debt. I understand that debt isnt the only measure of monetary supply, and derivatives are what should REALLY scare you, but just saying that a foreign selling spree on bonds will completely tank the economy doesn't add up. The fact that we have printed so much money over the past ten years is somewhat nullified by the fact that it is mostly held as bank reserves for people to take loans on, not just cash being tossed directly into circulation or the hands of the people willy nilly. It's just proof that banks themselves also have a lot of control over inflation and money supply.
Also, I am certainly no Fed or government apologist. I too worry about all this shit on a daily basis. I'm just saying if you are going to worry, be smart on what you worry about.

I was using that number hyperbolically. And the money supply is not a 1 to 1 ratio with percentages.
The money currently in the US market does not include the debt held by either domestic or foreign investors.

The US would print money to PAY OFF the debt, increasing the money supply. It doesn't matter what percent of bonds or what have you is held by who, because it's not effecting the amount of money in our market.
When they pay it off, the amount of money in the market will increase, thus increasing prices and decreasing the purchasing power of the money.

>I'm using "money" when I should be using "currency" but get it

You're right about it not being exclusively a 1 to 1 ratio, the point I was making there is that there is not enough debt held in foreign hands to just conpletely tank us. You are akso right that the money in the US market does not include domestic or foreign debt, but the fact that it isnt in the market, and likely would not find it's way there in the event of a debt sell- off, is why prices overall have remained low (except in areas like home, student loans or or car values which tend to be inflated by low interest rates.) The Fed has even discussed letting inflation run hotter than 2% just to keep up with rising wages. There is even a risk we could enter a Japan- style period of deflation because of these factors. They have been tring to fight this for over a decade, with little excess, even with negative interest rates and over 300% debt to gdp ratio.

In addition, if they cut Social Security benefits by 30%, which has been discussed numerous times, it would keep the program solvent for tge forseeable future. I dont like welfare and I see people abuse it too much, but I don't think it will crash us in the near term. Certainly hope I am right. You are right about an economic crisis being the most likely cause of SHTF though, and not enough people seem to realize this.

I plan to use Air rifles for small game hunting for survial for shtf mostly because its cheap to buy and light weight so you can carry more ammo and its easy to make more ammo out of lead you find lying around on house roofs.

Dude i just what to know how much water, rice, ammo, and spaghettio's to buy and how soon i have to buy it.
You guys are way above me.

Attached: 1502269135669m.jpg (1024x784, 156K)

I mostly agree with you. I think it'll happen because almost nobody believes it can. I see that as the real danger since the fear of a collapse isn't there to moderate behavior.

It will happen because everyone is cheering for it to happen.

One of the first battles of the civil war fucking people set up picknicks to watch

Attached: 1499385338033(2).gif (355x225, 1.5M)

All of it
Now

I cant tell when you guys are serious or not

Attached: 1514594341604.jpg (400x400, 12K)

100 pounds of white rice. 25 pounds of beans (stay away from kidney beans).
You should be able to find white rice for 2lbs/$1 and beans for 2lbs/$1-2.
After than work of canned goods that you can eat for short term emergencies, or at least at the beginning of the prolonged emergency.
You need a gallon of water per person per day. So obviously storing it is much harder, even though it is much cheaper. Buy water, but also look at a Water Bob. You put it in your tub, fill it up in an emergency, and it holds about 100 gallons.
Expect to be without a way to get more ammo for 3 years. Even if an emergency lasts one year, there could be war or new legislation.

I have about a year and a half of food, a month of water (and storage for 4 months), 10,000 5.56, 2,000 9mm.

Attached: be prepared.jpg (298x377, 61K)

Absolutely based

Attached: 65F83B0F-8749-4369-8C8A-1E6C85B700B9.gif (290x188, 483K)

I prepare for some stuff
>guns and ammo because duh
> keep some fish tanks around for water 30 gallons all together
>some canned food
but looking to get mres on account of longevity and living in a small
space
>some silver for possibly trading but mainly as a hobby to fund other things

Attached: E84BE246-83AD-426E-B03F-1297EE82EF6D.jpg (1107x1280, 344K)

why no kidney beans?
genuinely curious because these are my go to chili beans

Spaghettios actually arent that calorie dense m8
At least get some chef boyardee stuff

But they taste good

Attached: 1529007205389.png (3873x2590, 238K)

If they get exposed to moisture they go bad and produce a highly poisonous toxin.
Fun fact: Kidney bean are what they use to make Ricin.

No its rice

Attached: 1502456488244.gif (283x153, 1.12M)

>Fun fact: Kidney bean are what they use to make Ricin.

Wrong. Ricin comes from castor beans.

It seems you are correct. The toxin produced by Kidney beans is called Phytohaemagglutinin.