Jow Forums on apocalyptic game ideas

How would Jow Forums make a realistic and grim apocalyptic game that isn't kiddy shit like fallout today?

Attached: 1551153529541m.jpg (1024x538, 115K)

This doesn't relate to weapons or military at all.
>Incoming nu-Jow Forums zoomer onions boys saying this vaguely weapons related because they are addicted to fortnite

Day night cycles
Open world
Weather with effects on gameplay weapon handling etc
Enemy's more challenging than generic zombie or irradiated psychos
Some sort of fortification building /vehicle creation
Enemy's in large variety that get more difficult to kill
Realistic character damage /broken arms legs etc
Random paranormal map effects/situations
Chaos demon portals that open and spew large quantities of enemies into "conquered" or previewed safe landscapes at random.
Ground Traps and weapon creation

>child killing is ok

>somehow rape should not be in any apocalyptic game and it is evil and disgusting reeeeeeeee

Why are /v/irgins like this?

That hypothetical game would come out being some hyper-edgy un-fun schlock that no one would play. I'm all for realism in my games but there's a point where it stops being a game and becomes a complete waste of time.

I wouldn't, because apocalyptic games are as overdone as developers have stated WW2 games are. It's too stale a theme, it needs to be retired for a while so people can come up with something good.

People will still have caches of working ammunition and arms in the decades following a collapse/apocalypse. Metro is ridiculous in the idea that they simply throw away the huge stores of Kalashnikovs, Makarovs, Tokarevs, and Mosins in favor of scrapyard Khyber Pass wannabes. Warlord cliques are gonna be everywhere, large scale conflict would be uncommon. Transportation would be mostly animal or manual (bikes/push railcarts) unless you control an area that can produce and refine oil. The biggest thing that no developer ever covers is how quiet things would be for large swathes of flyover country.

Have you ever played fallout 1 you fucking nintentard?

I have, and I had a great time with it. I'm not sure what it has to do with that wall of faggy greetexts from /v/, though.
>nintentard
Excuse me?

Use real life guns. That’s what Obsidian did for New Vegas and it was great. Save the wacky designs for sci-fi lasers and plasma weapons.

Attached: fallout 3-bethesda trolls k, retarded shotgun.png (2950x900, 1.23M)

Fallout 1 realistic. Eh?

It had child killing, raping people, torturing people, grim atmosphere, everything is fucked, everyone is an asshole, no chirpy happy liberal bullshit and slavery.

Try playing fallout one and then realize that fallout was good before it became casualized shit like fallout four

Yes, but the thread is about a hypothetical realistic post-apoc game. Fallout has never been or will never be that.

Read The Road, One Second After, and Lights Out and then begin your ideas for your game. Of course, basing your game ideas from these three books would either produce the most boring game ever or the best game ever, depending on how you make the story and gameplay function, of course.

If graphics and ease of access aren't something you care about, C:DDA already exists.

It would be too boring to be fun but the gunplay would be weighty as shit.
>Do some farming or carpentry or something
>Family dead, sad but busy
>small town is center of universe
>newcomers come to town
>whoah, differences!
>go on adventure a few counties over
>shoot a couple guys
>come back with objective accomplished
>observed depopulated landscape, deindustrialized systems that are in the country now
>come home, big hero but nothing much changes except people look to you to help make decisions around the place
>go back to farming or smithing or whatever a little less sad.

Then sitch the title name and make a apocalyptic game that is real then.

Wanna rp as a rapist that rapes rapists therefore become the raping rapist raper?

Wanna rp as a raider that enslaces ans rapes?

Wanna roleplay as a cannibal that eats children and be a child killer?

Wanna rp as a goody too shoes whote knight?

Wanna rp as a cold and emotionless sociopath?

Wanna rp as a normal straight white male that just trying to survive?

Wanna rp as a wasteland junkie that sells his body for drugs and sex?

The possibilities is limitless if we take the ideas that op posted and just work it out better and besides if you want a good apocalyptic game then you gotta take human nature and the horrors from the apocalypse into account because when shit hits the fan then everyone won't be constrain anymore and humanity will become animalistic in that world. Also the male and female pros and cons is a good idea since females are genetically weaker and less intelligent compared to males which are genetically stronger and smarter but the males do not have high charisma while females do due to them being candy eye to everyone.

>imagine the situation where you have to worry about getting buttfucked by some junkie sociopathic raider in the wasteland during a nuclear storm

Seems like you're butthurt that Fallout and Metro aren't edgy enough for you, friend. How about you make that game with your /v/ friends instead of whining about it on a board for weapons?

>apocalypse
>suppose to not be edgy despite what a apocalyptic world would actually be in real life.

Just pointing iut that everything is not fairy tail and sunshine in apocalypse and if we wanna look at the black plague era or the dark ages it sure as fuck was not sunshine and rainbows and alot of people where cold and heartless and killings was wide spread and you can be sure as fuck there was alot of raping and crimes being done when society breaks down.

Quit being a little bitch that can't accept the fact that when shit hits the fan, morals gonna go down and people gonna go free will om everything aka shit is fucked and no one gives a goddamn no more.

A nuclear war survival game would be great.
>Start off three days before event, a day in game lasts 24 real hours. (12, 6 or 3 on casual). Sleep to speed forward and replenish fatigue.
>start in the suburbs, when the bomb goes off, hunker down, trying to survive, depending on your resource management in the beginning, be able to skip further forward, until you run out of food/water.
>go out, try to replenish resources constantly have to keep fallout in mind
>follow up strikes, biological and chemical weapons
>disease, hunger, radiation sickness, other desperate people everywhere
>as the game progress, you realize there's not enough food to feed all people, might need to join the military to get it, or fight the military to get it
>open world, suburbs, small towns, rural areas, and a huge city
>late game, radiation levels are low enough to enter the city and survive
>also, wind is randomly generated, so there's variation to where the worst fallout zones are

Like The Long Dark but with a focus on gunplay:
>permadeath
>have to raid/scrounge for supplies
>finite resources, no item respawns
>dynamic NPCs: trade and they'll be friendly, pillage and kill and they'll relocate or start activity hunting you
>infection and disease can kill you
>guns require maintenance
>have to scrounge for mags
>raiders have a higher chance of attacking you if you have really nice shit
>equipment slowly degrades with heavy use
>no supernatural shit

>Quit being a little bitch that can't accept the fact that when shit hits the fan, morals gonna go down and people gonna go free will om everything aka shit is fucked and no one gives a goddamn no more.
And all of that is shown in the Fallout games. People lacking morals, people committing atrocities en masse, people doing whatever they feel like because society collapsed a long time ago. Quit being a /v/tard who can't handle it when someone tells you that your idea is shit.

Ammo scarcity of the road mixed with the strong hold county’s of lights out and the rouge independent nations and us goverment of the U.S all the while feeling with cannibals, chinese, and Mexican Troops as you lead a platoon of Civil defense reserve troops to fortify a defensive line in detroit only to find out the line broke weeks ago.

So Minecraft?

Your the one being the /v/tard here bitching about the rape mechanic in the game yet not batting an eye about a child being killed and eaten on screen. Go play rapelay or hatred and realize that those games while being shit have been played by people despite the media and the steamtards going reeeeeeeee about it being "muh le edgy meme" shit.

I'm just saying if you make a apocalyptic game THAT IS ACTUALLY FUCKING DARK AND FUCKED UP LIKE HOW CALL OF DUTY WORLD AT WAR AND RED ORCHESTRA was then you will realize that casual faggots like you wont play it but people that do like games with good depth put into them will.

Fallout 4 with FROST mod

>Citing Call of Duty as an example.
>Calling anyone a casual.

>deliberately skipping over call of duty "world at war"

Are you pretending to be retarded now?

What's your point?

My point is this...

Call of duty world at war is better than call of duty ww2 because it shows the brutality of war unlike ww2
>both campains does not paint you as a hero or villain but a normal soldier
>both campaigns shows brutality of both sides of the war ao no one side good guys nor one side bad guys
>graphics shows no flashy rainbow shit but it is all dark and grit
>no female soldiers unlike ww2 version
>good gritty music done right
>blow a guy's limb off and he fall to the ground screaming in agony with lots of blood and exposed organs
>background shows how fucked up war is
>no forced "2deep4you" shit and no forced political view shit unlike ww2
>ending shows despite being victorious there is death and decay around you showing what war does
>good gun sounds and effects
>multiplayer is bitch basic and bitch simple with same gore and graphics shown there as well
>war is hell
>also title screen isn't flashy or happy music but dark and grit

And that is all just in call of duty world at war which was not casualized unlike call of duty ww2 which was casualized to hell and back. I'm simply saying if we have an apocalyptic game that is dark and gritty like how red orchestra and call of duty world at war is but reinforce the reality of humans being pieces of shit in the game then you got a good solid game and a perfect balance of roleplay where you can eother be a normal guy trying to sorvive or be a scumbag that kills, rape and eat people.

You're comparing an arcade shooter in an annual series to a hypothetical "realistic" post-apocalyptic game because it's "dark" and "gritty" or whatever. Look, friend, the closest you're gonna get is a game called Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead. It's an asskey game, yeah, but it lets you do everything you've listed (even has mod support). Go play that for your edgy "dark and gritty" fantasies.

I think the issue is how many armouries that are in the moscow metro system.

Im not trying to be edgy but of course i used the comparisons of two arcade games because those two while same company made games, have two vastly different takes on the "war" setting. I'm just saying that fallout one was a good game that takes on a real approach to human nature in a shit hit the fan scenario and fallout four practically is a kiddy made game so no one get their feelings hurt and there is too much sunshine and lollipop shit and happy music that basically kills the whole "apocalyptic world" idea. I'm trying to say that if a game were to be made with the most accurate portrayal of apocalyptic with good game engine and up to date designs and it is bot catered to soft hearted people then you will be surprised that people will want to play that game because it would be a perfect example of apocalyptic world where you can be a good person or a depraved asshole.

Not edgy, just want a apocalyptic game made with good game engine and gameplay that isn't censored or made to be a safespace for weak stomach people...

Rape in apocalyptic game is not good game design it's just edgy

Bump

What I’ve always wanted is a very esoteric and probably unfun game for 95% of gamers.

>open world, literally an entire planet like star citizen, or at least as big as Fuel
>semi post apocalyptic, perhaps 7-10 years after a worldwide super ebola pandemic kills 80% of the population and the complete collapse of society ensues
>NPCs present and give missions
>large areas can be claimed by player and farmed/developed
>land/air/sea vehicles
>ability to craft weapons, supplies, clothing, refine fuel, grow food
>carry system based on physical stats and equipment
>player must zero weapons
>player must reload magazines
>player can only carry as many mags as will fit in carrier or pockets
>random weapon malfunctions with wolf/steel cased ammo 3/1000 rounds, 1/5,000 brass if kept perfectly clean, odds go up as weapon dirtiness increases.
>stamina, health, morale system, good/drink and possibly nutrition

Basically, you’d be so busy trying to survive you’d never get to launch an attack on randos or make good alliances. Still. I want it.

Also, ability to spare, execute, crucify, rape prisoners.

>+5 savagery, -15 morale for rape

Sounds like how i was hoping Day-z would turn out when it was still a early mod for ARMA2. ah how times have past.

2033 was such a good game, the others simply couldnt catch it

What would be fun, at least for me, is a warlord simulator where you have the ability to recruit procedurally generated NPCs, and give them commands in battle.

So you could have absolutely massive, tactically sophisticated firefights, and have to deal with the massive logistical and political struggles of getting a large enough group together to beat up your neighbors.

It would be like tribal mode in Spore, but the command system would be a mix of Wargame and SWAT 4.

Be interesting game to play if this actually does get made by everything that is suggested by op

Bump

Whats wrong with rape in a apocalyptic world?

So basically a mixture of Far Cry 2, Metro 2033, 7 Days to Die, DayZ, and Fallout: New Vegas?

Yes

bump