What percentage of weapon failures in combat/military would you estimate are user error or failure to maintain...

what percentage of weapon failures in combat/military would you estimate are user error or failure to maintain (avoidable) versus environmental factors and design flaws (unavoidable)?

Attached: 9874360-111-1547208131-728-f2eba0d1e9-1549871035.jpg (728x970, 192K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/htE91fMUA-s
youtu.be/YAneTFiz5WU
youtube.com/watch?v=htE91fMUA-s&t=600s
youtube.com/watch?v=LyXndCxn9K4&t=1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Depends on the gun. Some guns, like M4/M16/AR-15s are massive pieces of shit and their breakage is unavoidable.

Attached: 1542540605673.png (743x1120, 62K)

jesus that's a horrifying situation. how did the dust get in the action like that? dont ars usually do a good job of keeping grime out?

>grime
It has nothing to do with grime. the rifle just doesn't function well in adverse conditions.

Weird, their AKs seemed to be working fine.

FACT!!! :The AK is the most reliable weapon ever devised by humans. You can pour concrete in the action, let it dry and the gun will run perfectly 100% of the time unlike the AR15 platform which was adopted by 80% of western military forces only because of a spelling error. The AR is a single shot/bolt action rifle with optional automatic fire in absolutely clinical conditions.

youtu.be/htE91fMUA-s
youtu.be/YAneTFiz5WU
just gonna throw this in here. please don't generalize the reliability of a weapon that has been used throughout multiple conflicts. idk what rifle you prefer but if it's been in use for a long time, i assure you it's reliable too. they have AK dust tests on InRangeTV too if that's your thing (and hint: they work FINE.)

Attached: 1525195751962.jpg (683x1365, 189K)

youtube.com/watch?v=htE91fMUA-s&t=600s

youtube.com/watch?v=LyXndCxn9K4&t=1s

With few notable (and highly documented exceptions) most guns are functional while properly maintained and used in their intended environments. The real question is who's fault is it when a gun does fail; the designer, the training or the environment?

Let's take a "failure" for example here: the Ross Mk3. There are three big issues with the gun: picky on ammo, does not like dirt/mud, and the out of battery kaboom issue.
First, let's look at ammo. The Ross was designed to work with high quality, well made ammo not war time production. Who is at fault here: the supply lines or the designer?
Next the mud. The Ross was designed to fight in Canada, not muddy Belgium or France. In addition to out of spec ammo, it had issues with mud getting into the action. Again is this a design issue or the gun being put into the wrong environment?
Finally, the kaboom. The average soldier was not to remove the bolt or to play with the bolt. Earlier problems combined with poorly trained replacement troops lead to troops playing with the bolts. Is this a design issue or training issue?

For those who haven't decided to crucify me, I do believe the majority of the problems with the Ross, are design or at least could be fixed by design easily. But one major thing remains, if it served in the environment with the troops and ammo intended, it would not have been as bad (would a Lee Enfield have been better, oh hell yes but that ain't the discussion of this thread).

LOL'd fuckign hard. Get that commie/antifa/satanic shitt of Jow Forums, shithead.

Attached: 1533767677756.png (1746x1218, 101K)

gee, what am I gonna believe... ACTUAL COMBAT record and reports from war zones or two idiots """testing""" shit. Hmmmmm... that's a hard one.

Attached: 1527083502556.jpg (638x1000, 92K)

you could choose to believe the fact that most of the western world has adopted the ar15 platform even though most of them could have developed their own rifles or they could have adopted the AK or any other service rifle in 5.56 or 7.62 which they didn't do

humans have opinions. also ian and karl have done A LOT for the firearms community.

have you read the book Generation kill ? the soldier will ALWAYS have issues wit htheir guns and 90% of the time it's because "as long it's not broken, don't fix it" logistic bullshit or because no one had oil to clean the guns correctly and they had to use some shit they found in the motorpool somewhere, every military in the world have this issue but you know why it never happen with civilians ? because they clean their guns regulary and with the proper lubricant for all situation and change the parts regulary to avoid any fuck ups

>adopted by 80% of western military forces only because of a spelling error
I'm leaving you my favorite bag of skittles when I die, user

gee, what am I gonna believe... some vets telling their stories (which I don't discredit) or a fuckload of countries not replacing the AR in the early 80s. Those are issues with the design, yes, but 1. the AK isn't perfect either and 2. you can look at the testing result of almost every country that has adopted the AR15 platform

yes

don't feed (You)'s to the Jow Forums implants please, it just makes them stronger

is it actually just one insane guy who keeps posting these or what

this. so quick to blow off a video by some alleged retards than to actually take the content for what it is. like at the very end of the Mattel Death Trap vid, the old guy explained this exact thing.

all guns fuck up when you're in the shit. blame Logistics and lowest-bidder mindsets by your superiors for making your weapon malfunction, not the design itself. if it really was a pile of hot garbage, it would have been replaced by now.

thanks for reminding me

Googled the unit, they're air defense, I'm giving the M4/16 the benefit of the doubt here.

> t. deployed to Afghanistan with an ADA unit.

do you have sources for those statements

>the soldier will ALWAYS have issues wit htheir guns and 90% of the time it's because "as long it's not broken, don't fix it" logistic bullshit
Very large part this. Every military runs on a budget. Part of that budget is spent on maintenance of small arms. The big issue is that the budget increases with the size of the military but not really with the complexity of the guns.
This is how you get vets loving the M9 in the 80s because the 1911s that they had were so worn that they couldn't hit shit or go through a magazine without a major malfunction. Fast forward to today and we are seeing what 35-40 years of shit maintenance has done to the M9.

No, because they're basically all made up or hyper-exaggerated

I'm gonna hit X to doubt that one, my man. If anything, their maintenance probably sucked donkey balls. I spent 15 months in Baghdad and Diyala and our weapon systems ran like nobody's business, even our battered M9 pistols worked when they were needed.

>just doesn't function well in adverse conditions
Sounds like mystical thinking to me. Did you try turning it off and on again?

If the gun is cycling but not picking up rounds from the mag, then the mag is fucked, the gun is under gassed (unlikely on a 14.5), over sprung (very unlikely), or not lubed.

>shoots them in the foot
>shoots them in the butt
And thanks god the enemy had AK's if they had accurate weapons it would have been real bad.

That image right there is the only acceptable situation for you to slap a chain on your keys