Jow Forums I need help

Jow Forums I need help

I recently lost my entire gun cleaning kit - is there anyway I clean my firearm without any real/proven gun-cleaning supplies? Are there any household chemicals/oils I can use to clean it that wont damage the gun? I can't get the supplies I need to properly clean the firearm for another week, but I want to try and clean before then (even just a little bit) - I have shot over 1k rounds without cleaning it and I feel bad about it.

Anyone know what I can do in the meantime, or should I just wait until the ballistol comes.

Attached: 6598492.jpg (590x442, 34K)

Hot water works wonders. Dry thoroughly afterward.

Unless you recently shot corrosive ammo, it doesn't matter if you clean today or next year

Hot water in the barrel. Motor oil works fine

I use automatic transmission fluid or power steering fluid. Dissolves rust on contact and has never caused damage to the finish of my firearms.

if you have an old leaky junk car surely you'll probably have something that will work. Just wear gloves or at least be careful, can't have our Jow Forumsommandos dieing of cancer before the day of the rope comes.

I watched an ANA soldier make a ghetto bore snake with 550 cord and clean his barrel with motor oil.

Boiling water and figure out how to dry it

Hi, Grant.

Could you just let it air dry?

Good to know, thanks anons. I would worry about rust, but as mentioned, you need to dry the living shit out of it.

just wait a week, unless you shot corrosive ammo through it.
youre gun will be fine, 1k is nothing.

Warm water and non-citrus dish soap (make sure no citrus as it can lead to rusting, but it's not an issue if you dry thoroughly which you should).

You can't really just wash everything with soap and water because you won't be able to reach small areas to dry them. For those cases, there's CLP.

After cleaning and everything is as dry as possible, add motor oil to the moving parts or slather it on everything if you live in a rusty area. I recommend white lithium grease as well for the high friction parts but it's not necessarily a household good and sucks during cold winters.

That's an interesting observation about citrus soap, I would have not imagined it causes guns to rust, but that does make a lot of sense.

Shaving cream, sock, thin stick/cleaning rod section

1k rounds isn't even that much. Don't worry about it.

Use a can to two of that air-in-a-can keyboard cleaner. Works just fine.

Or an air compressor man, cmon, think. You need to have at least the most basic know-how of tools and shop equipment in order to maintain guns.

Automotive stuff is generally good for guns, non chlorinated brake parts cleaner or carb cleaner is a good strong solvent. Motor oil, auto transmission fluid, and white lithium grease all make good lubricants. Toothbrushes make good scrubbers and a dowel and a cut up rag are good for cleaning a barrel. Windex down the barrel if you shoot corrosive shit.

Tie knots in a long shoelace.
Drop it into the breach.
Suck it through at the muzzle.
Tie 5 knots in it about an inch apart, (at the breach end).
Get the 1st 2 knots wet, (water, spit).
Leave the next two dry.
Add motor oil to the last one.

Pull it through slowwwww....

>AK

have you checked up your rifle's butt?

shaving cream? why? never heard of that one

Give all your guns a good coat of pure lard

dishsoap and hot water to clean, engine oil on the contact surfaces, WD40 to coat the rest.

I hadn heard about it til basic. We used it to clean our machine guns. It seemed to help. My guess is it works like soap?

You dumb fuck POG. Do you know why shaving cream was used? Because it would make your rifle look clean enough to pass inspection, not *actually* clean and lube it. Blame DIs and their autistic cleaning standards (hint: VISUAL cleaning standards) and not how a rifle ought to be cleaned.

HOT water and soap is the best cleaner you will ever use, hose the gun down after with a light oil.

what a fine looking ak. I like your grip. Is that a shorter barrel length? Maybe it's just the angle of the photo.

>water displacing lubricant
>oil
Real fucking brainlet hours in here. Use 3 in 1 oil if you're going to use lube for oil.

I wasnt a pog l was just never told why. We also never did that in my unit

This.

Another victim of big gun oil.
>hot water
>mineral oil