Muh .22 lr for SHTF

Why? What's the point of stockpiling these. After some plinking you realize that this caliber is weak, and I mean weak! Why would anyone trust his life on this round?

Attached: 178972i_ts.jpg (1155x1155, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fuel-testers.com/expiration_of_ethanol_gas.html
laxammo.com/remington-22-lr-40-gr-lrn-5000-round-case-tb22b-on-sale-no-limit-detail
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't use it then retard. Keep your NPC shit on Jow Forums. We are free thinkers here.

Haven't you heard? It bounces around in the skull.
Very deadly!

one word

SAWC.

I can carry a whole pack of these dudes for what your huge 30 rounder ar mag weighs

>Don't use it then
You ain't gonna tell me what to use for plinking fagget
>muh pol
Rent free

More for me.

What is varmint hunting for sustenance?

>accurate
>lightweight/can carry thousands of rounds no problem
>very very quiet
Unironically youre probably a 9mm faggot who ironically is calling a .22 weak.
You should love .22 because muh capacity, if were using the same logic that you defend 9cuckimeter with.

Attached: 1543132958321.jpg (433x427, 86K)

Also they hit ribs and break up

Attached: images.jpg (231x219, 17K)

Because I'm not going to blast small game with a 308

Winchester 555 round packs are $20 apiece. For $100 you get 2775 rounds of ammunition. That is an immense amount of practice and fun.

Attached: Good Hank.png (500x378, 239K)

>weak, and I mean weak!
Still sucks when they hit.

It's for shooting rabbits and squirrels. You take small game with your .22, and you carry a compact 9mm in case you have to fight off medium sized predators, including people. At least, that's what my loadout would be if SHTF and I'm stuck in a suburban/ marginal rural environment. You didn't think survivalists only had one gun on them, did you?

>quiet
>adequately powerful for the primary foodsource in SHTF (small game and birds)
>light/compact
>both the gun and ammo are cheap
>still puts holes in people in a pinch
Now, I'd much rather have one in my bugout location than in my 3-day bag, but I do feel it fills a very useful niche in long-term survival.

they dont store well anyway, not a good seal between bullet and brass so moisture and air eventually gets in over time and ruins the primer

hi nutn

Makes a hell of a lot of sense as a long term survival cartridge. A couple hundred bucks worth of ammo could provide multiple lifetimes worth of small game, and while it sure wouldn;t be my first choice, anybody thinking that .22lr out of a rifle is anything less than lethal at close range is dead wrong. Not like FMJ handgun ammo is going to provide a notable increase in "stopping power", what's going to matter is what you poke a hole in, and .22lr will do fine against anything but the heaviest of bones.

>great uncle dies
>humid part of the midwest
>helping clean out his house before the estate auction
>detached garage with no climate control
>find all kinds of ammo just on shelves in their original, now horribly decayed, paper/cardboard boxes
>can't sell it at estate auction, nobody else wants it
Everything from 12ga to .22lr to .30-06, all horribly tarnished, it all fired. Some of the 12ga the shot clumped up on and I was basically shooting wax slugs, but it all fired. None of it was less than 40 years old.

stockpiling guns and ammo is a meme. you want food, water, medicine and gas/kerosene/lighter fluid 10x more.
22lr is good for a lot of things, but fighting other people isnt one of those things.

>stockpiling gas
Uh. You do know that regular gas has a shelf life of about 4 months, right? And ethanol free (if you can find it) is 7-10 months and even with Sta-Bil or similar you're good for at most 18.

So unless you have a (very expensive and large) recirculation setup (that itself requires either fuel or electricity) it's pretty impractical to stockpile.

4 months isnt exactly a short time in a crisis, and 18 months is quite a long time in a crisis

>Free thinkers
>mods regularly watch this board and determine what goes on it.
Sure fag

nigga what i started my 62 after sitting for 3 years no problem

fuel-testers.com/expiration_of_ethanol_gas.html

Good luck surviving a bullet wound without antibiotics.

With proper shot placement you'll be alright. This round has killed many.

It's for inexpensive high volume training. Post any hypothetical SHTF it might be usable for small game hunting. Or from a suppressed platform.

>Winchester .22 LR

No. Just no. CCI Master Race or, if absolutely necessary, Federal. Winchester and Remington .22LR = garbage.

It's not particularly 'weak' it's just a lot of drop dope at 300M and gets fucked by wind. It's also fantastic subsonic and silenced in a bolt gun.

No french Eley, lapua and rws are the quality choices, sorry

Can still a man at over 300 yards.

Noguz Vidya faggots = garbage
22LR=in every shooters home

Drop and wind angle to wind, air pressure humidity and altitude on a spontaneous target is realistically too hard tho without walking in 100-150M silenced is easy tho on an orange sized target

>french Eley
Eley is Brit.

I agree on Remington but have never had any issues with Winchester .22 of any variety. I shoot thousands of rounds of the stuff through my 10/22 using GSG drum magazines and its nearly flawless. Often times going through a whole box without a single failure to fire or any other malfunction. When I see Winchester or Federal copper plated bulk for cheap I buy it up.

You really should look more into that, buddie. Specially 3 gun that involves LDS with .22

free_thinking_man_stonetoss_meme.jpg

Wait until theres no more penicillin

Maybe a little thought experiment:
There's a little shack that might or might not have something of value in it. At most, a day or two of food and water, or some small stash.
You have two conflicting bits of intel, but one is true. The guy has only a knife, or the guy has a .22 and a half dozen rounds of ammo.
You have a 9mm with 10-15 rounds of ammo.
Do you attempt to take the guy's stuff?
When he pops out with a shitty old .22LR rifle, do you still engage or do you just fuck off because it isn't worth it?
If you're going to engage, assume he's as good at shot placement, cover, etc. as you are and his rifle is at least functional.
Yeah, I don't want to catch a .22 in the vitals to end my SHTF experience, so whatever he's got better be worth the same risk as if he were holed up with a .308.
Funny how no one who describes .22LR as "weak ass" or "ridiculous" would advance on someone wielding one even if they had their preferred caliber. No one wants to get shot. It's just a question of how long it would take you to die if shot placement is decent.

Federal bulk aint bad at all.

Wait what? You cant hit a man sized target at 300 yards?

entirely depends on the gun. i can show you all kinds of semis that will not reliably feed eley, including tenex. very few semis will fail to feed remington golden bullets, though.

cci a best, like said though. 40gr minimag fmj specifically

If you weren't an absolute retard, you would know the value of them. A SHTF situation isn't going to be some free for all firefight. You will most likely use a gun for hunting. Hunting small game makes more sense than larger game if there is little or no refrigeration to keep perishable food in.

So, you’re saying you’re going to wait until shtf, and then stockpile gasoline?

>all these SHTF larpers are throwing thousands into the idea that maybe one day they'll be king of the wasteland or something
nice cringe thread

Just put a dozen or two more on him and you're good.

Attached: [email protected] (2000x1358, 184K)

Attached: jtCUtXN[1].jpg (640x480, 54K)

If you want to oper8 with your friends and shoot some commies/politicians the you go for the guns and ammo.

>It's for inexpensive high volume training. Post any hypothetical SHTF it might be usable for small game hunting. Or from a suppressed platform.

Attached: AuL7vWZ[1].jpg (640x480, 50K)

Nobody stockpiles 22 for fighting other people. They stockpile it because it's cheap and fun to shoot and it's good for shooting small game. That being said I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of it.

Winchester sub-sonic, 50 yards

Attached: dYvrjEN[2].jpg (640x480, 64K)

I have put 22lr rounds through my washing machine and still had them fire but I have had more duds even new than any other round

No guns but how do you use .22 for training if bigger rounds have higher recoil

I wouldn't stake my life on it if I had even a .32 ACP, but it's reliable enough to hunt small game and be used as an emergency weapon.

Plus you can easily haul around a few bricks of it whereas carrying 1000 rounds of 9mm would take up a lot of weight that could go to water or other supplies.

Guy I know shot a deer directly in the chest, while sitting on his porch, with a .22lr. It ran off, he said maybe 40-50 yards and dropped dead. It's a perfectly good hunting round if you live in an area where you can hide in your house and shoot at a deer at close distances. He ate the deer btw it wasn't like he was just doing it to be a dick.

>Muh pol
You can’t even post here freely anymore lmao, dunno what you’re talking about this “free thinking”

Attached: 0BDA6DDD-7EE9-45AE-8A38-587EF29125B1.png (600x599, 274K)

I just like it because its cheap and fun leave me alone

Your a free thinker thata afraid of having bad thoughts.

Attached: opposites-attract-comic0-1.png (1000x1000, 86K)

youre an effeminate male id like to enslave

The basics of accuracy can be trained with even a pellet/BB gun.

Having .22 would be better than having nothing numbnuts. Sure you can stockpile thousands of rounds of 5.56 and 9mm but once you run out of that you're fucked. You can easily stockpile 20,000 rounds of .22 for not much at all

People who don't see .22LR as the most practical round for an innawoods SHTF situation have never backpacked any significant distance.

Attached: 1022.jpg (1200x1200, 135K)

5000 rds for 134 bucks can't beat that deal, and you flex on the fudd "stopping powah" fags.
laxammo.com/remington-22-lr-40-gr-lrn-5000-round-case-tb22b-on-sale-no-limit-detail

.22 is pretty good for killing, it's just not good for assaulting and/or defending from assaults.

goddamn, I remember the days after sandy hook and shit was dry everywhere

Attached: 1437273585728.jpg (2126x1721, 1022K)

>thunderduds
hard pass. I'll pay the extra 1/3 of a cent per round for Armscor. Might actually get more than 4500 of them to go off that way.

>Because trade is a thing
>Because it’s the most popular round amongst firearm owners

Buy some GSG 10/22 drums. Most fun I've ever had shooting in my backyard. Chopping down trees with an almost endless stream of .22LR is fun for the whole family. I bought one and it was so much fun I bought another just because they're such a pain the ass to load. And 110 rounds is a typo. Its actually 120. Both of mine took exactly 120 rounds of CCI Mini-Mags. They're usually $50 at Sportsman's Warehouse or Cabelas. Zero complaints from me, they've been dead reliable.

Attached: GSG Drum magazine.jpg (500x325, 34K)

I could post a new suppressed sbr backpacker to make you kiddies jelly gonna use it with nv too pew pew
Sleep tight dont let the bedbugs bite niggers

ooooo i want

You can shoot a loooooot of squirrels, I guess.

>dead reliable.
Seriously? Honestly? Every single aftermarket mag I've ever tried has been pure shit. All of them. Butler Creek, Hot Lips, the big teardrop shaped 50-rounders -- all jamtastic pieces of bantha pudu.

Attached: x-files-believe.jpg (340x427, 17K)

Has anybody tried the little BX-15 mags? I know chargers come with them but I'm curious to know if people actually like them for their full sized 10/22s.

>the jews ruger1022.com/docs/israeli_sniper.htm
>also chechen, georgian and russians have used it in urban areas

Lord she’s purdy

I was worried when I first bought mine for exactly the reason you stated. Most aftermarket 10/22 magazines are trash. They really do work though. Open sides of the drum might let shit in so probably not the best for trudging through the dirt and mud with but fine for range and backyard stuff. I had never heard of them until a few months ago when some user here posted his. The only real negative I can think of is how long and painful the reloading process is. You can empty it in a minute but it takes forever to reload. Its hefty too. Mine is 2lbs 8ozs loaded with 120 CCI 40gr Mini-Mags.

Go to bed

Attached: 78398769-D162-46D1-A98D-7F33213C9DAF.jpg (615x647, 83K)

Older ammonia build for quality not quantity. I had a bunch of free thunderbolts that wouldnt shoot for shit. My dad praised them so highly and I showed him that they grouped like shit. He found an old box of his from 70-80s and we went to shoot it, same guns etc. Worlds different. .22 is made like shit today. Unless you're paying extra, even then it could be better.

>shtf
>GUNS GUNS GUNS
>STOCKPILE AMMO

what's water, right?

It’s not for self defense, it’s for hunting small game OP.

Good for practice without burning up your real ammo, also great for hunting small game.

If you were just going to be innawoods and not expect company, and over under 12 gauge .22lr would be the perfect gun.

A topic for another thread, retard.

Attached: F94.jpg (691x713, 84K)

This stuff actually cycles my slide and rings steel with some authority.

CCI Velocitors would be equivalent.
5-9 of those in the chest in 2-3 seconds will put you in a body bag.

Attached: 20190319_124128.jpg (2160x2160, 1.43M)

I can get a Heritage Rough Rider pistol, a used .22lr rifle, cleaning kit and 1000 rounds of .22lr for under $300. From a SHTF prepping standpoint that is a solid bargain.

Because Hollywood isn't real life and actual SHTF survival won't consist of fending off armies of looters every day (unless you're in an urban area, in which case, gtfo).

99% of your firearm needs for survival consist of hunting, probably mostly small game. Squirrels, rabbits, groundhogs, etc. .22LR *can* take down game up to and including a deer with good shot placement. And no one says a .22 should be your only gun, just your primary one for survival. You should probably carry a handgun for defense, but you don't have to stockpile that to use every day for years the way you do your hunting gun.

>inb4 a shotgun would do all that better
Do you have a spare garage to keep tens of thousands of rounds of bulky 12 ga. shells?

I don't know about you, but I don't have a creek of .22LR flowing behind my house.

But seriously, it's not a zero-sum game. You should stock ammo, food, water, and medical supplies too if you can. Hell, if at all possible stock seeds and gardening supplies, cause you can't live forever off a closet full of beans and spam.

True, but in a stress situation your target won't stay in one place waiting for you. That's the point of going with better calibers.

There are people on the internet who argue that 22lr is better for shtf than anything else.
No doubt there is 1 person who is livibg this meme since 22lr is cheap as fuck

>Hell, if at all possible stock seeds and gardening supplies
No,these should be put to use immediately.Trees take long to grow and you can benefit even if sdhtf.

Cheap and great for small game. Still lethal. What’s not to like about it?

I just see people focusing way too much on this cartridge to the point of creating shortage of it, what's up with that autism?

Its Lightweight. You can carry more .22 for the same weight as something in 5.56 or 7.62. Its great for killing rabits and the like for food and can still kill humans in a pinch. It shouldn't be a primary defense round in shtf but makes a great backup/utility round.

How do you make penicillin? I thought about what I would do if I went back in time and I think I'd be angry knowing penicillin exists but I can't make it.

Consider this, blast small game with a 308

.22 Magnum is objectively better in every way outside of availability. That is the only thing .22 Long Rifle has going for it; it is everywhere and is dirt cheap. There are many better cartridges in the niche that it fills but .22 Magnum is the second most common.

22 mag is criminally underrated.

Looks like rain is in the forecast.

What about 22 hornet

You will not be alone.
200 million people will spill out of the cities in large hordes filling the country side with numbers uncountable.
No one will want 22lr if they can get a better.
There will not be going in the woods as the woods will be full of squat camps and people in the millions.
No game, no grass and no leaves. Everything will be picked clean and eaten. edible or not.

>nobody goes into the woods
>Hunting long pork as it sleeps with 22lr to base of skull
Bands of roving cannibals