/meg/ Military Enlistment General

NOD edition

old >LEEING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = BIG YES
>LEEING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = THEY KNOW

>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"

discord.gg/hmnCCTb
/meg/ official discord

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ (embed)
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga (embed)

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
Maybe.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png (embed)
tl;dr: Long hard school, long work hours, with good job prospects. It's definitely not for everyone or even most people in general.

CG info
gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

ASVAB for Dummys
mega.nz/#!XuhSWQgb!ycwEyBz1J-DZx_GOsAxmSQCduAImNuzTRswqfRb-x-w

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: 1480436224314.jpg (600x632, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

baseops.net/basictraining/airborne.html
youtube.com/watch?v=7jrEOk61OXU
youtube.com/watch?v=yMpcSOxsF80
scott.af.mil/News/Photos/igphoto/2000195687/
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1552887904773.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what are the physical requirements for airborne school, option 4?

First for explosions.

Attached: path of explosions.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

>ask in the previous /MEG/ about going intel vs infantry
>everyone says infantry is bullshit and to go intel
>in another thread everyone says intel guys are nerds and dont get to do anything fun

you know, Im starting to thing a bunch of posters on Jow Forums are retarded and I shouldnt take advice from them

Attached: QT confused.jpg (595x576, 71K)

do intel or your mother dies in her sleep the day after you ship
t. 11b

Holy fuck, have you been on here for 5 minutes?
Fuck you, being a grunt is fun as shit.

Bro203 here. I’ve done infantry and Intel. Unless you are going for SOF, go intel. One of my guys is getting out to work for a contracting firm, making $120k annually without a degree. My other guys enjoy a good quality of life and should be able to make a career of it while still working alongside their infantry counterparts.

what if I do plan on going out for SOF? Is there a spot for intel guys on those teams, or could I reclass as something they need ?

Intel guys are autistic nerds. Autistic nerds who enjoy both air conditioned offices and murking hajjis on raids. Yknow except we won’t be homeless after getting out.

what intel where you? Im looking at 35L or 35M becuase I dont want to be behind a computer 24/7. I know it comes with the job but I couldnt be a 35F or 35P

How much of a disqualify is eczema? Ive had it in the past when I was a little kid and if I take really hot showers,like I cant stop myself from doing sometimes, my skin gets dry. My parents are convinced this is enough to bar me from service all together and I can "finally give up on this dumb army dream"
How extreme does something medical have to be to bar you from service? Worst case scenario and its bad enough, would I be bared from everything or just combat arms roles?

Attached: 1488146507356.png (500x548, 118K)

>How much of a disqualify is eczema?
just say you're really white

Intel guys are nerds, but nerds have SOF opportunities like scary as fuck ISA

Intel guys are absolutely nerds (and usually weeaboos too), but they make the money on the outside that can fund a good lifestyle. Infantry gets to get dirty and ruck around outside, but they will never get to do their actual job, and intel guys can take vacations and ruck around to their hearts' content

This is very exploratory and I’ve never posted in one of these threads before so I’m sorry if it’s not appropriate.

I am 22 years old. I have a B.S. in Finance with a minor in history (focusing on Asian military history) and an Master of Business Admin. I also have a private pilot’s license.

Would any branch of the US military be interested in me? Would it be worth it?

When I got my masters I got an email for our area’s marine recruiter trying to induce me to become an officer but I think it was sent to my entire MBA class.

12 pullups
5 mile run in 40minutes

AFSC with most mental illnesses?

I don't mean "stupid", I mean genuine mental illness/mental breakdowns/anti social behavior problems.

Attached: GettyImages-96147911-576221775f9b58f22e515f7d.jpg (400x250, 26K)

Max INT plus max STR

Whats the job for intelligent athlete types?

Attached: Stanford quarterback K.J. Costello.jpg (600x383, 50K)

Which MOS has the most Asians (not including flips)? They seem to be the canary-in-the-coal-mine for non-shit jobs.

Attached: sec_eric_shinseki.jpg (200x250, 61K)

Do not go Marines bro

Go Navy if you want to fly jets and big boys and helos, go Army if you DEFINITELY want to fly helos, and go AF if you are willing to wait a while and maybe fly. You might not expect it, but Navy is the best for pilots because you get to choose upfront that you will be a pilot (unless you get NAMI whammied and med dq'd) and there are a wide variety of airframes that are flown out of bases in great locations (except Lemoore but that's the price to pay for flying jets) and you will avoid a lot of the leadership bullshit that officers of other designators have to. Aviation, in any branch, is the best place to be if you ain't specwar, but the Navy has a fantastic history and is basically a gigantic frat, while AF is a corporation. If that isn't your thing, then it doesn't have to be, since plenty of pilots have their personal lives squared away and focused on family, or go the extra mile in their studies and networking through avenues that don't involve alcohol and hookers.

Samefag bumping

where do u find those reqs? this says something slightly different
baseops.net/basictraining/airborne.html

>do u
>u
Eh, you are probably right. We'll take your word on it.

aren't flips Asian??!?!

serious answers only pls, need halp

Attached: image0.jpg (1024x762, 181K)

So are Arabs

Guys I just found out I’m going to officer training school for the USAF

AMA

What degree.

Attached: Easy-S.jpg (500x358, 19K)

what job?

>get attached to a bote
>100% of my career progression is instantly invalidated

I fee; no reason to give anything to my current ship. They have outright taken progression away from me.

Attached: 88f3f31b237417024267b3adeda486d2.jpg (800x800, 544K)

Yes there are. Go for it then.

I’m a Marine, so even if I could count past crayola, I still wouldn’t know what you mean. All units need all-source types, so start there and pick a specialty like HUMINT or SIGINT if you don’t want to just drive a desk all day.

>I’m a Marine,
how do you not kill yourself
realtalk
for me, it gets harder all the time

Attached: shadowrun.jpg (1880x1230, 613K)

do you agree or disagree that AF service uniforms look like flight attendants?

What is a boot and how can I avoid being one?

A "boot" means a person who is from Canada.

Real talk? Because I joined the Marine Corp to kill others, not myself. I get why folks do it, but to mean it never seemed like a solution to any problem I have had.

Whatever your issue is, man, this isn’t the first time somebody has had that problem. Ask for help from somebody you trust and find a real solution, not an easy out.

1. Dude fresh out of basic. Everyone is one at some point.
2. Dude who keeps being retarded after basic. You can avoid this by not forgetting to shave, having a clean uniform and haircut, knowing your mos & level 1 skills, having a decent amount of common sense, and keeping yourself out of trouble.

Uhhhh, 1A6. They are flight attendants, bozo. If they aren't pilots they are there to tend to the pilots needs. Its why the entire AF enlisted corps exists.

Attached: E11E24F5-A80B-43BD-A744-6C38AA4A584F.jpg (217x259, 22K)

Get a load of this faggot.
If you're really going to off yourself, make sure to jump off the 3rd deck so your company can get a 96.

>youtube.com/watch?v=7jrEOk61OXU
this is a cheesey recruitment video, but this makes it seem like these intel groups are more in the field, or at least not behind a desk making power points all day like
>youtube.com/watch?v=yMpcSOxsF80

I know im trying to have my cake and eat it too, but the 35L series is available for RASP and seems like a nice mix of action and secret squirrel shit that could help me in the future rather then being in the infantry. I was going to take 11b, but enough people have told me its not the cool operating soldier stuff most of us to do anyhow

USAF also gets alternate uniforms for their flight attendant duties. Pretty cush.

scott.af.mil/News/Photos/igphoto/2000195687/

Attached: Staff Sgt. Jimmie Williamson, 54th Airlift Squadron flight attendant, serves a purchased meal.png (723x443, 664K)

Those uniforms are NIIIIIIICE

Attached: cadre-photo-aug-2015.jpg (870x500, 79K)

I’m not army, so my experience is limited to being a devil douche.

SIGINT and HUMINT get the most field time as they need to get out in the field to do their jobs. All-Source guys with a specialty (language/SMEs, or useful skill) can get out if they are requested by the team they support.

More often than not, Intel is powerpoint, ArcGIS, Palantir, and coffee. It’s not a bad life, but you aren’t a door kicker. If anything, it’s frustrating because you are often the guy with the solution fighting the system to get it to those who can use it.

I got some surgical scars on the palm of my hand that I think I might be able to get away with.
I've already made it through medical and now all I need to do is sign a contract.
if they notice them on shipping day do I try to lie or come clean?

just say you cut your hand or something while working, they usually don't ask after medical

>almost all women
>except that one tranny
>2 niggresses
>fucked up sleeves on almost all of them
>boy scout caps
>that fucking maternity outfit

Christ, the Air Force was a fucking mistake

>1 photo is indicative of an entire military branch
you should join the marines with that math

you have to admit tho, those are some pretty bad uniforms

If you are a pilot, your interaction with these people will be incredibly limited. And there is no real need to join the USAF outside of a pilot AFSC.

he looks like one of those asians with thick southern accents
theyre a total mindfuck

It fits their bodytype. Its fine.

Oh look, another gifted kid that joined the "smart" branch! Feels good knowing you get paid the same as a Marine of the same rank, right?

Army quitter from last thread.
Going to just get the balls to walk into the recruiter and let him know I quit basic tomorrow because I was a weak bitch. Will have only my DD214 and ASVAB scores with me, and willingness to take any MOS. Is there anything I should do, say, or bring to help convince the recruiting station NOT to instantly send me away like the Navy and Marine ones did once they heard I needed a depression waiver?

How long were you in? Less than 6 months and you may not need a waiver?

barely wore them during my enlistment. They fucking blow

Attached: 833FD061-9E85-493B-8950-CC6C669E706C.jpg (599x876, 84K)

If you were weak then, what has changed since then? If nothing, they have no reason to work with you again.

>depression waiver

Yeah, cut that shit out. You quit, you were a bitch for doing it, and they have every right to not waste their time if they think you'll quit again, and a depressed sack of shit is a born quitter. Today, you are mentally prepared and physically ready for an obstacle that you were previously unable to overcome. Today, you want to earn what you denied yourself in the past. Today, you want to be a lean, green dick-sucking machine. Today, you want the ARMY.

Good luck and don't fucking quit again you fucking pussy. There are literal braindead fatfuck diabetic negroids that can get through basic training, so if they can do it, your pathetic ass can too you fucking showershoe

Are high school disciplinary records considered for a TS?

it's got like zigzag pattern

>t. sub 90 IQ dick-sucking infantry

just say you cut it doing work, but most importantly, they typically don't ask you after medical, or just say it's a birthmark

I was only in for around 10 weeks. I was retarded and quit by saying I was depressed though, rather than get a red phase recycle after watching my company graduate. So I have an RE3 code and need a mental health waiver

Definitely had a sobering experience over the past year. Realized that I lost sight of why I joined the military in the first place, because I simply wanted to serve the country. Yes zogbot israeli etc etc whatever that shitposter posts every thread.
At some point I focused more on career prospects than what I actually wanted to do.

Christ you're pathetic. Why are you even going to bother? You're just going to be someone's pain in the ass. Just go to school or someshit and larp like those fags in /gq/

>he gets in
>he made it past basic/AIT so he feels elated
>2 months pass by
>he's sad again
>he's depressed again
>he's not contributing to mission because he's depressed, so other soldiers have to do his job for him, increasing their own workload
>he's threatening suicide, so other soldiers have to tend to him for every hour

STOP LOOKING TO THE MILITARY TO FIX YOU

The military won't ever "fix" you, you fucking mental cases. Regardless of it you are in the military or not, you'll still kill yourself when you fatass girlfriend finally leaves you/cheats on you. At least have the dignity to not make it the taxpayer's problem.

Attached: 1517841660832.jpg (1080x1080, 128K)

I honestly don’t care about your motivation, dedication, or goals for the military. It’s a great vehicle for opportunities like college, jobs, and future careers; you’d be an idiot not to take advantage of that. What I’m asking you is why won’t you quit in the future? Tens of thousands of recruits manage to pass this training every year. Statistically, you shouldn’t have failed. You let yourself quit. If I was still a recruiter, I wouldn’t give you the time of day at this point. What did you change about yourself to prevent this failure from taking place again?

Every fuckup thinks they are special. Every problem child that manages to make it past basic creates problems for everyone else. And afterwards when consequences drop on their head, you know what these crazy fuckers ask?

They ask: Why is this happening to ME?
Why is everyone else doing this to ME?
Why is everyone mistreating MEEEEE?

ME ME ME ME ME

And we end up with yet another fucking Bergdahl on our hands.

Attached: USA_PFC_BoweBergdahl_ACU_Cropped.png (674x608, 998K)

Hey guys, I have been interested in joining the military for a long time. Ive done alot of research and stuff on it. I been thinking alot about joining the coast guard. I have a general idea of what job i'd want to do. I did well above average on my asvab and slightly above average in high school. The only thing thats keeping me from enlisting is my weight. Im large and have been for a while. My dad has been pressuring me to go to the coast guard recruiter but I feel like he would say lose weight and come back then. I'm trying to lose weight now and then talk to the recruiter, but i think after 8 months of being neet my dad and mom have gotten tired of me. I just don't want to be embarassed or waste the recruiters time. Thoughts?

isn't that tranny bro?

Jow Forums better to lose the weight before joining it sucks dick if you don't

Why are airmen such [spoiler]hunks[/spoiler]?

explain yourself
show me one "hunk" airman

No, that’s the coward that caught a conscious after being deployed, walked off his post, got captured, and cussed at least 8 men to be killed in the years long search to rescue him from the Taliban. Every sighting of him resulting in missions being scrapped to support rescue attempts. Guy is lower than whale shit in my book.

I meant "chunk"

Attached: USAF Senior Master Sergeant.png (321x403, 208K)

i know that, but idk if I should go to the recruiter when im still far off from making weight. I dont want him to waste his time and me to be embarassed

They ain't gonna give a fuck if you passed medical the last time. Just stick to the story you fed them last time and you'll be good.

t. someone who literally chopped off a tattoo on his hand at home and didn't catch any flak for it

Oh shit, it’s knuckleanon. I haven’t seen you on here in a hot minute. How’s it going on your end? Passed MEPS and basic?

he'll just tell you to lose weight friend not much more to it
>got told myself senpai

they never even noticed it tho

Shipping off to Benning on tuesday my dude. Got an option 4 as well, like I was hoping. Currently trying to get my apartment all packed up and moved out so I can store shit. Been a fucking hassle

Then if they ask this time, tell them that it was an old accident with some razor wire or something. If they didn't notice last time, don't worry. If you're that nervous then just put some makeup on it for the final inspection then rub it off once you get to the airport or something. Adapt nigga, adapt

Tested myself the other day and I can run a mile in 6:35. Kind of sweating the OPAT shuttle run portion, I have to do 43 shuttles. Is my run time a good indicator that I will pass? I wanted to fucking puke after running that fast, but at least I can do it. I'm just sweating the shuttle runs because I hear some people say it's the hardest thing on earth and other people are saying it's super easy. Is it a matter of pacing myself? What gives

Looks like a sergeant's wife with a buzzcut

Organizational management Combat systems operator
I work for a living so it doesn’t affect me

The two career fields are different. You probably have a good grasp of the facts at this point. Now that you have the facts, you need to make a decision. Do it.

The short answer is that assuming you're in good health and in good shape, and your academic record is from a halfway reputable institution and not a dumpster fire, any branch will be interested in sending you to officer training. For most people, in my humble opinion, it is "worth it" to do at least the minimum obligation as a junior officer if you're able and even sort of think it might be a good idea.

What do you want to do? Do you want to fly? Keep in mind that flying involves a substantially longer service obligation than other jobs.

SOF

No it isn't. Bloom where you're planted, faggot.

Someone who's just completed basic training. You can't avoid being one, but you can minimize the amount of time you are one by not being a sperg.

do all receptions suck or is bennings exceptionally terrible?

All receptions are horrid. It's all the same shit- you're sleep deprived, everyone who runs the facility hates you, and you don't even get to pass the day by with training. Add in the fact that you'll be stuck in a barracks with a couple of pscyhos or crybabies who haven't been kicked out yet, and it makes for a cocktail of motivation sucking depression. Just get through it and you'll be fine.

What's worse as a peacetime MOS: 11B or 19K?

I really really need to know
T. Totally didn't sign a 3 year 17 week contract for 19K

Hahahaha
Dude you're overqualified. I can't run for fucking shit and I'm not in that great of shape and I still aced the OPAT. Everyone I took it with did.
You'll be fine.

Is my routine useful?

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1552887904773.webm

What should I put for Section 16 for security clearance?
All of my friends i had beyond 7 years i can't find any information on them anymore, not even a Facebook profile or Twitter account. I don't even have their phone number or Address

Attached: ser.jpg (275x183, 8K)

do they drug test you on shipping day?

Fuck no, smoke it up

Attached: 1551940440842.jpg (320x180, 5K)

Nope, I snorted a few bumps before my ship, retiring next month.

I told my dad I wanted to go 31D as a CID agent and told me that his best friend did 20 years in the military, retired, and continues to get retirement pay, probably some 20 years later. He didn't tell me what branch or what he did, but it sounds too good to be true. Can someone enlighten me on that?

user pls

Yes if you do a full 20 years you will get retirement pay for the rest of your life.