How has it stood the test of time so effectively?

How has it stood the test of time so effectively?

Attached: M2_Browning,_Musée_de_l'Armée.jpg (1920x1280, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B7qE3whLZ7c
youtube.com/watch?v=iuoTfQJzYHQ&frags=pl,wn
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>fires big bullet fast
>with continual updates is never quite so shitty that it needs replacing
>datsound.wav

was designed and manufactured with love

Attached: 1551992342062.jpg (482x774, 108K)

>*thud thud thud thud*

Its niche means it doesn't need to be any better, lighter, or any other change really.

Reliablity

It's reliable, cheap, effective, and simple. The only major issue is the weight, but because it isn't something carried around by men that isn't much of an issue. Most of the innovations in small arms is because they constantly want to save weight so the boots can carry a few pounds of stuff other than gun. When you are dealing with something on vehicles or on bases it's less of an issue.

Because the lord himself blessed it when JMB finished the design

Because, as a mounted machine gun, it doesn't matter that it's heavy. It doesn't need to be accurate. It just needs to KACHUNK KACHUNK some .50 BMG's into a general direction.

Also, fun fact: The .50 BMG is literally just a scaled-up .30-06 Springfield. Including the primer. That's why .50 BMG's have their own primer standard.

john moses browning was a gift from god to america

youtube.com/watch?v=B7qE3whLZ7c

Because it taps into something we all know and love.

Attached: ma duece face.jpg (2592x1944, 580K)

Its in a role that stays relevant - the best SMG still would have been replaced in common service, its effective, its reliable but most importantly it has inertia.
Inventory, training, parts, ammunition, mounts, tooling etc. We've made millions of them. All would have to be replaced if it was. And it's not out dated enough to replace all that.
If all that magically disappeared, or if we somehow had WW2 levels of attrition, we would replace it. There are improvements to be made.
I wonder if LSAT/NGSW's polymer ammunition will be applied to .50BMG?
>cheap
Not particularly. They're more expensive per unit than many of the alternatives. But a 30% saving isn't worth swapping out everything listed above.

Nothing made after 1933 has been a significant enough improvement over the M2 to justify a complete replacement of existing stock. I guess you could argue that the M2A1 is doing that right now, but it shares an overwhelming amount of parts with the legacy M2 and the logistical systems for those parts are already in place.

Its just AK of HMG

Wtf goes on with Russian police

Indeed he was. He's even called Moses!

It's pretty accurate for a HMG. In fact, many operators slapped scopes on them and used them as precision rifles.

IT’S JUST A GOOD, SOLID

Attached: 20190208_073604.jpg (4128x3096, 2.61M)

Also the m2 and m2a1 are so close to identical I'm about 90% sure you can swap the barrel and barrel extension for the earlier kind and itll function exactly the same the timing however is set by the rear screw for the sights so it's not moveable on the m2a1

Because it's good.

Mostly because there isn’t much wrong with it and it saw so much use at the beginning of its service that it just became pretty standard in the Marines and Army and it’s made it easy to train people on it, they have parts for it, etc. I’m just surprised it hasn’t been unnecessarily replaced anyways.

did he cum on that gun

As far as the US's philosophy of arms goes, the requirements for an HMG haven't changed much. Put on truck or tank, make things turn to mist.

obligatory
youtube.com/watch?v=iuoTfQJzYHQ&frags=pl,wn

My favourite video

>obligatory
Obligatory and already posted over 5 hours ago
RTFT

Erika version better

woah woah woah. am gunsmith and I can tell you with certainty that you cannot, I repeat cannot swap barrels, please god do not do that. you ever have a .50 round blow back into your face? because that's exactly what will happen. it is bad. dont do that. plaese dont do that

nothing, unless you bribe them

>I wonder if LSAT/NGSW's polymer ammunition will be applied to .50BMG?
Polymer cased 50 Cal is already a thing, and is much closer to full adoption than other polymer cased cartridges. Keep an eye out for major fielding of MK323 Mod 0 within the next few years.

Attached: disp-04.jpg (650x135, 9K)

That's lubricant semi-fluid automatic weapons

Enlighten me Mr gunsmith why will it blow up

Hnnggg

it's already being adopted bro

Attached: mk 323.jpg (612x340, 29K)

I know. It's seeing use with SOCOM and possibly some others, but not being handed out to regular dudes yet. Keyword in my post is full adoption.

Can you bribe them to do kinky stuff? Asking for a friend

Anybody got any pics of any M2 brownings that have been modified to have squeeze triggers instead of the butterfly/paddle ones? I read that they’ve started doing this but havent seen any examples and i was really curious.

Don't know unless you try