I'd like to get a few more mags for my AR, as i currently only have a couple pmags. Should I get steel mags...

I'd like to get a few more mags for my AR, as i currently only have a couple pmags. Should I get steel mags? At what price point are steel mags a better option than polymer mags? Help me out Jow Forumsomrades

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 5.21.22 PM.png (608x822, 236K)

Yes

I like the GI mags over Pmags. Around 12 each is fine, visually inspect them to make sure they're not fucked to shit though.

Steel mags are fine i havent looked at them in a long time but i imagine theyre atleast 5 bucks cheaper than the windowless gen pmag

Steel is dumb. Stick with aluminum USGI or pmags.

*laughs in bent feed lips*

fair enough, i found these guys- any comment? I know it's just a magazine but i don't want to get something with a bad reputation

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 5.35.05 PM.png (1998x736, 294K)

I ordered some of these from psa as well. Placed my order on Friday and they still haven’t shipped. Psa is slow as fuck

If you are paying 12 bucks for a USGI 30rnd you are a fucking retard

Average price should be $6-8, if you pay any more than that you need to check yourself

Just get 1 or 2 and see if they run well nothing wrong with having em

These are supposed to be good. I prefer Okay Industries aluminum mags. Not sure if they're actually better, but they're the default standard aluminum mag. Colt-marked mags are made by Okay Industries.

Nothing wrong with GI mags, but you may want to go with p-mags for commonality reasons. They're solid as well.

look at this kek

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 5.45.53 PM.png (1902x510, 234K)

Nigger are you retarded? I dont buy in bulk, so if I buy a few gi mags 10 to 12 dollars is fine. Most of my AR mags were left in the field by retarded privates. Show me where the fuck you're finding then that cheap consistently

So should i get steel or aluminum? I read a few reviews about the aluminum ones not being as durable and i would rather pay a couple bucks more for a mag that won't break

If you break an aluminum mag you should be locked away in an insane asylum

I feel a strange urge to munch on that yellow rubber. I don't know why. I've done with my Taurus, DD, and Hex mags. Maybe it's because they're bright colored. I don't know. It just looks so fucking fine.

Lancer, Hexmag, Daniel Defense, Troy Industries, they work just fine. If you're rich, get yourself a RZE Unimag Multi-Caliber Magazine, for shits and giggles.

Attached: k DD mag 32rd.jpg (2000x1334, 211K)

D&H are GTG. They're lighter than Magpul, fit two to a pouch, and insert and drop free easier than Magpul. However when Aluminum mags get dented up, they fail. Magpul is very durable, but they're thick and awkward. I've had good luck with Hexmag polymer mags because they're thinner and lighter than Magpul, but I'm guessing they're not as durable, although I haven't had a failure yet. By endorsing Hexmags, I'll get slagged by PSA fanbois, but they fucking work and are usually cheaper.

Steel mags are neat. $12 is average price. I reccommend C Products and ASC.

>PSA
have fun playing credit card theft roulette. D&H is a good brand though. AIM Surplus has free shipping on orders over $50 btw.

This.
All my steel were $6 and all my poly were no more than $10 each.

Those are rebranded Okay industries magazines

I second the Okay mags, the Surefeeds are great and the E2s have the new bright blue followers and dimples for grip if you want a little extra flair.

Attached: 38882786_2092547114340755_6177533843604504576_n.jpg (480x480, 48K)

What is an Army Surplus store? I don’t have to shop around to prove that they are that cheap when your local Army/Navy store has them

>have fun playing credit card theft roulette.
Although PSA has been accused of CC fraud for a couple years, all reports have been the "my friend," or "I have heard" variety. PSA is a big volume distributor and I think they would have been raided by the Feds and put out of business if it wasn't anything more than unsubstantiated rumors.

Aluminum and plastic mags are lighter but designed to be disposable. The modern plastic ones are designed to last quite a bit longer than they used to. Aluminum is still shit. But if you want a mag that will live forever it's got to be steel. Aluminum will get chewed up and start to cause misfeeds, and the BHO will stop working. Plastic mags will bow out and the feed lips/attachment points will break. Steel will land on your toe and hurt real bad, that's about it.

Give us some links on the Okay/D&H milspec mags from good safe websites run by companies that don't take 3 months to ship things, gents. Where are the good buys right now?

Not for 6 dollars you mong

I know I'm going to get jumped on but the best place I've found for Okay Surefeeds and E2s is Botach. They sell 6 packs of Surefeeds for $55 and E2s for $60. PSA runs nice deals on D&H here and there.

I have never had a single issue with either company after maybe 15 transactions between them. I've actually had better luck with either of them than Brownells who has lost, fucked up, or taken nearly a week to ship almost all of my orders.

I've got probably two dozen of those mags for a few years now. Never had any issues. I like em.

whatever the goddamn fuck you do- DO NOT BUY ASC magazines. I have three stanag and three sr-25/ar-10 mags and none of them worked worth a shit without a ton of work/adjustment

Can confirm, my AR-10 mags from them are utter shit.

Second the surefeed e2

6 is obviously on the ultra low end price of usable mags, you can go cheaper but you run the risk of getting ahold of mags with broken/stuck followers, broken/weak springs, dents, etc. I wouldn’t give any more than $9 for a very good condition USGI mag.

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't buy one for 6 unless they looked to be in good condition. I normally see them for 12 at gunstores/milsurp stores. Sometimes at gunshow you'll see like 5 for 40 but they still normally run about 12 individually

I would find it very hard to give even 12 for a USGI surplus mag when I can get a PMAG for 13 on sale

I just prefer the metal, I have pmags too but theres something about metal magazines. I've noticed no real difference in reliability or durability. I do have to file down pmags slightly sometimes, but it's not an issue.

They go on sale for 6.99 every now and then. I’ve got 20 or so and never had any issues with them.

OP here. I ordered some those D&H aluminum mags. cheers for the recs

Attached: Zenith_Z-43P_SB_Classic_Left-1.jpg (2880x2880, 306K)

Steel is fun and all, but pmags can often be found as packing peanuts to ammo purchases on PSA or other websites. Never hurts to bundle a few needed items together like ammo and can.

gunmagwarehouse dotcom

>>>/REDDIT/

they're good, just don't load them with steel case

>PMAG for 13 on sale
Ha, I got mine for $8 on sale, you guys are getting fucked

Let's see here:
I got more than a dozen mags from a friend after a deployment ten years back, around $5 a pop
Then magpul gen 3s with windows, $10 each
Lancers were the most expensive at $15 each
The rest were $8-10 each.

My only problem with these is that the guides for my stripper clips dont fit on, other than that it's a solid mag

Anyone got a link to inexpensive USGI mag bodies? I've got a few that need replaced, but it's cheaper to buy new mags than rebuild old ones. Brownells stopped selling them

I got a few P Mags for $10 and they feed better than my classic surplus mag. I would suggest you go with the P Mags with a window. Buy once...