What is the best .22 revolver, for plinking/carry?

What is the best .22 revolver, for plinking/carry?

Attached: RugerLCRx22.jpg (478x269, 38K)

i didnt know ruger had a 22 revolver in that configuration. it looks like its $500 at most retailers, if it was $100 less, id be a buyer.

They make a bunch of different .22lr revolvers.

Attached: Side-profile-Ruger-SP101-.22LR-courtesy-The-Truth-About-Guns.jpg (640x426, 65K)

Only weighs 17oz

That 3" LCR with those grips are best for plinking, run the regular 2 finger LCR grips for carry.

Attached: file.png (936x343, 196K)

I've shot the Ruger Mk series equivalent of this thing. It was easy to hit torso size plates at 100yds with it, because of the 11" site radius.

ruger bearcat

Attached: bearcat.jpg (1000x537, 68K)

Single actions.
Nothing funner then playing out a western cosplay with a single action revolver in .22 plinking cans

yeah but i think theyre all in the $500+ range. i was thinking bc this one is a plastic shell, itd be cheaper.
id like to get a 22lr revolver for fun but at $500, id sooner just get a ruger mk4 or whatever. atleast itll have a threaded barrel also.
i also dont want a cheap heritage either.

nice gun bearcats are fucking amazing, and stainless bearcats are even better

actually, now that im browsing gunbroker, it seems like the average price is $430 shipped on a 3" lcr x. that might be doable.

>.22 rimfire
>carry
>inb4 .22 Magnumfags
>.22 Magnum
>carry
lmao'ing at ur life

Attached: 1528621159572.png (1024x1097, 602K)

thanks a lot op, now i want an lcr x. it seems like itd be lot of fun, which is the whole reason i want a 22 revolver. plus for friends that dont bring enough ammo to the range, i can give them this and a brick of bullets and they can shoot all day

Buy a used one then.

They are the same quality as the bigger caliber revolvers so you won't get one for under 200.

LCRx22 is a nice plinker, probably one of the best kinds of guns to start an absolute newb on.
Would never ever use for carry though.

i wouldnt carry it either, im just saying for fun/practice. plus my range has a "rimfire only" steel plate area.

I was more getting at OP.

T H I C C
H
I
C
C

Singleaction a shit
Top break best break

Attached: HR+22.jpg (900x675, 173K)

Does anyone still make these? I want one because >muh Schofield but not sure if they are a meme or not.

i saw this credit card gun, a single fire small caliber pistol that could fold into roughly the size of a credit card. good luck getting that thicc boi into your wallet.

Mein negro. H&R4Life.

I have killed countless coyotes in my youth using one of these guns, H&R 9 shot .22lr, a good friend. I miss it very much

Attached: ss+(2017-07-25+at+11.30.42).jpg (795x527, 157K)

Smith and Wesson model 34

I own a Heritage Rough Rider, and it's ok for plinking. It also has a magnum cylinder that you can easily swap, if you need it.
I wouldn't carry a .22, but if I had to, I'd take it.

Heritage Rough Rider
Chiappa 1873-22
H&R 999 Sportsman
Uberti/Cimarron - 1873 Cattleman
Ruger Single Six/Bearcat
Pietta 1873 Single Action

So far these are the 22 revolvers I've been looking at.
However I do hear lots of mixed things about each of them.
Can't decide what should be my next purchase...

Wish someone still made these in 22.
I want one but they're all old models that are rusted and shitty condition. And the decent condition ones are nearly $500 or more

Is Heritage Rough Riders 22 really that bad?

Some folks seem to say it's complete pot metal trash and the gun has literally come apart.
Others say they put some loctite and it's been faithful and they use it casually for plinking
And then some people claim they've shot it true and accurate for years and put thousands of rounds without any sort of issue.

So what is it? They trash? Good? Worth picking up or save for something else?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

They're great and fuck anyone who says otherwise

You'd think someone would make one of these, considering it's a very unfulfilled niche, and the lockup wouldn't actually need to be all that strong for .22LR, so you could make the upper and lower frames as simple, non-hardened castings or something.
Speedloaders could be basically printed as solid plastic, and just be one of those ring shaped things where you insert it and pull down to release the cartridges.

Well, they're cheaply made, but if you make sure to look the thing over in the store, and check it off against a guide for used revolvers (make sure there's no excess shake or slop anywhere, no push-off, the forcing cone is fine, etc), and it passes, they're perfectly alright.
I saw one guy get one which had a fucked crown, but he fixed that with a dremel and some polish, and it shot perfectly alright afterwards.

For the really low price, I'm alright with that, they're great poorfag plinkers, in that they're cheap but not worthless.

Dunno...heard some horror stores of them completely just falling apart.
I've no issue having to use some loctite for a screw here or there given the price point.
But I don't want to waste my money either.

How I wish...currently my only hope is spending like....$500 for a good condition used one.

I'm really pissed cause I found out about a coupon deal at "Dunham Sports"
From this past Friday to Sunday where they were on sale for $99.
I found out about this deal on Sunday.
At approximately 6:00pm
Store closes at 6:00pm
In hindsight I should've just been THAT guy and went in first thing Monday morning, played the sympathy card and tell 'em I worked all weekend but really wanted to get one.

All in all I'm still torn up. Say fuck it and get a Heritage Rough Rider?
Or save up and get something else as listed here

My ten shot S&W 617 is my favorite gun. If you aren't that familiar with shooting double action I can't recommend it enough, it has helped me so much.

I've had mine since 2013 or 14 and it's worked just fine. Maybe they did something wrong and loaded .22 magnum in the .22LR cylinder, they probably have different pressure specs. Or maybe they make them differently now, I dunno.
Only complaint I could ever give for mine is the ugly wood on the grip (mine came with them, anyways, green and brown, a little grey), but it's grown on me since I first got it, for better or for worse. Well, that and having no holster for it, but that's fixable.
I don't remember the price, I was a high schooler then and my dad got it for me from Christmas, so he paid for it.
One good thing about it was that because of its magnum cylinder, I wasn't affected by the shortage of .22LR caused by retarded boomers thinking the price for it would be high after obama banned guns or whatever the fuck. I just swapped the cylinder and shot magnum instead, that was fairly abundant. So if that ever repeats itself, you'll be covered and can still use it.

.22 Magnum (longer, and slightly wider towards the base) couldn't possibly chamber in a .22LR cylinder, so that wouldn't be it.

Maybe it's just how they make them now. Not sure if they still make them, though. Could also just be that the previous owner didn't treat it right and it got fucked, if used.

You'd know.
.22LR fits really loosely in a Magnum chamber and ruptures the brass, giving you a fraction of normal velocity, so you just wouldn't do that again after trying, while Magnum just won't go in an LR chamber at all.

The guy must have fanned it a bunch, or left it in a car in Death Valley, or something like that.