Protip thread

1. To ensure optimum reliability, make sure you disassemble your loaded mags every couple months and give them a good stretch to counteract the set they take when they're squished down by bullets 24/7.

2. For peak performance and reliability, load mags to capacity - 1. Load 30 round mags to 29, 17 round mags to 16, and 7 round mags to 6. The last round is just for marketing but IRL it'll squish down the springs and make them take a set.

Attached: magsprings.jpg (696x728, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

engineersedge.com/material_science/creep.htm
youtu.be/AVC-83QW5L4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This but unironically. Fudds on this board think that springs won"t take a set even over time. A quick youtube search will show significant difference between mags that have been loaded for years and new ones.

Quality springs don't "settle" numb nuts

3. Never clean the bore of a .22 gun. The lead deposits fill in all the tool marks and smears over any imperfections. Neglecting a .22's barrel will improve its accuracy and is self-limiting in nature so no you won't fill up your rifling with lead.

Attached: Placing-rifle-bore-cleaning-patch-on-jag.jpg (820x461, 77K)

Yes they do. Did you know that the buffer spring in ARs have a finite lifespan? They get shorter and less powerful over time eventually to the point where they no longer reliably strip rounds out of the magazine.

Don't forget to pull that spring out and give it a good stretch every now and then to restore its spring power.

Attached: SPRING.jpg (600x450, 14K)

dude you're going to upset guys who read more about funs than use them, stahp

Expanding a spring doesn't reverse creep

Yep.
Stretch it out.
THEN:
Heat it up to red-hot temperatures and rapidly cool it down again in a water tub.

the act of compressing and stretching a spring is what wears it out
quality springs have a strength higher than their working loads meaning that leaving them compressed or extended will not effect their strength

engineersedge.com/material_science/creep.htm

If only all mag springs were quality.
youtu.be/AVC-83QW5L4

Or i could just buy a spare, keep it and swap it out after several thousand rounds maybe through a few years instead of being a broke ass paranoid fucking sperg with nothing better to do.

exactly this

fuck I hate fuddlore I get so triggered

This is 100% true, every month I take out my mag, trigger and buffer springs so I can give them a massage with happy ending to relieve the stress you know? They're constantly under pressure they need a break once in a while.

This.
Flattening and charging a battery creates "Wear", much more than leaving it flat or leaving it charged.
Overcharging a battery does active damage.
Overstretching a spring does active damage

this

New springs are $4

Attached: 1469498774914.png (611x607, 393K)

>Did you know that the buffer spring in ARs have a finite lifespan?

As opposed to what? Those other, infinitely functional tangible objects?

>purchasing the coiled jew

jesus christ user

*polish it

>quality springs have a strength higher than their working loads
this.

i have yet to see a magazine or magazine spring, anywhere, ever, that was worn out to the point where it would not reliably perform its function

Attached: dog.jpg (552x552, 50K)

isn't bitching about having to buy a 4 dollar spring a jew thing?

ARE YOU A GOY PROVOCATEUR?

If you think that you must not be using Li-ion or Ni-mh batteries

This is retarded. You need to clean the chamber to ensure the cartridge goes into battery fully which is an issue for semi autos and the bullet doesn't get "setback" which is more of an issue for bolt/lever actions. Run a bore snek through your plinkyboii a few times and the leading of the barrel will come back after 10-20 rounds so you can autistically shoot groups and still have a clean chamber. Also dont use Winchester or Federal .22 its dirty running nasty shit which will failure to fire

Is this thread intended to be satire?

Shut the fuck up retard.