I have a legal question Jow Forums

I have a legal question Jow Forums

I bought an AR15, and had it shipped directly to my grandfather as he has an FFL. He said he didn't want to fill out all the paperwork so he just gave it to me and sent me on my way. Long guns are not registered to a name in my state, but would I get into any trouble if a cop asked me who's gun it was? It was purchased in my name but we never did the transfer paperwork.

Thanks in advance.

Attached: 1398991121768.jpg (203x279, 25K)

you can't get in trouble but your grandpa might get fucked by the atf

Say goodbye to your dog.

What he did was VERY illegal. No one will know if you don't say anything. Just say it's yours, because it is.

Is there any way for the serial number to be traced back to him?

Technically, yes. LE could obtain a warrant, if they had probable cause, to find out where the seller you ordered it from sent it to. Just don't do anything to give them probably cause. Shit like this doesn't get randomly looked at

dont worry about it.
just dont bring it up or let someone shoot up a school with it and you will be fine.

Your grandpa is pretty much asking for the ATF to come put their foot up his ass.

Thanks anons

Attached: 1426490286842-2.jpg (469x463, 72K)

if he never put it in his bound book it's unlikely to be discovered in a normal audit. it would only come up if for some reason they were trying to trace it from whoever you bought it from.

Kinda same thing happened to a friend of mine. He went to go do a private party transfer for a sks. The guy selling it had his friend who was a ffl do the transfer, but when he went to finalize in the computer it said "do not transfer". They all thought it had something to do with the system thinking it was an "assault weapon" even tho its not. This is in cali. What do yall think?

dont ask the gov for permission to transfer private property?

In other words- he never gave you a firearm.
Fucking californians, I swear to Christ this is the 1000th time I've seen you fuckers do this. USE. GOOGLE.

Is there any way to "legalize it"? He's a senile old man so getting him to do the paperwork is unlikely. Could I bring it to a gun shop and have them do it?

He got denied. That's what it means

Any way you do it would risk them ratting out your grandpa.

wait till he dies then the crime would die with him?

Based grandfather. Just don't do anything stupid with it until after your grandfather is dead.

He just got another gun a few months ago from big 5. So i adsumr he passed background and everything

Someones really angry about their life.
What part of the post should he even "google"?!

He just lost the 4473. Happens all the time at my shop.