>4 Kornet missiles with either HEAT, Thermobaric or Blast Fragmentation
>2 30mm automatic grenade launchers
>Enough armor to get close enough to target or provide cover to infantry

Is it worth it?

Attached: 7.jpg (1249x937, 321K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMPT_Terminator#BMPT-72_Terminator_3
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_Russian_Ground_Forces
armyrecognition.com/analysis_focus_army_defence_military_industry_army/russia_designs_new_option_of_bmpt_terminator_tank_support_vehicle.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The original BMPT was much truer to its purpose of supporting tanks and infantry in cities. It had independent grenade launchers with a gunner / GL. Could engage multiple teams trying to engage the tank column.

This isn't really a BMPT anymore - its just another IFV.

I've always liked how anything that's good against a plane is also really great against infantry. I do wonder why they need cannons AND GLs
Making IFVs double as anti air is a good idea moving forward.

doesn't matter cause russia can only make like 10 of them, just like their super cool tank.

>This isn't really a BMPT anymore - its just another IFV.

It retains the grenade launchers, still the same location as the old one.

Attached: 15.jpg (1249x937, 357K)

it's ok, Putin will raise taxes a little bit more, take some more money from the pension fund and Uralvagon or whatever will make 15

this is why its always a laugh when people say russia is a real threat. their top-of-the-line jets and tanks might be super cool but they can't afford to make them in any real quantity so the rest is just t-72s and mobile crematoriums.

>BMPT-72 Terminator 2
>The two automatic grenade launchers are removed along with its operators, reducing the crew to three;
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMPT_Terminator#BMPT-72_Terminator_3

It's unclear which one Russia is buying from
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_Russian_Ground_Forces

The latest one is garbage though.

As others said, apparently Russia doesn't find it to be worth it.

Russia IS a thread, regardless of how you cut it.

1. Nukes.
2. Covering the entire battlefield in artillery.
3. SOF
4. Cyber
5. Ton of armor
6. Decent quantity of MIG-31s and SU-27s, which ARE a threat to ANY airforce.

I am by no means a Russiaboo, but discounting it is also stupid.

Kornet missiles with either HEAT, Thermobaric or Blast Fragmentation

Ataka missiles. Only the prototype had Kornets.

Attached: bmpt.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

The BMPT-72 Terminator 2 is such trash, holy shit.

>Rotate turret
>Whoops driver's turned out, and now he's decapitated
Why would they have this on ever a prototype?

That's for export.

The one posted here
retains the automatic grenade launchers as seen on the photos.

Attached: 5.jpg (1249x937, 374K)

They paid for 132.
t. Russki taxpayer

Also has space for PKM between the 2 2A42 guns.

Attached: 6.jpg (1249x937, 259K)

Good. The grenade launchers are the point of it, as well as the high elevation 30mm. The PKM is definitely icing on the cake.

The BMPT was born out of two situations:

1. Russian tanks being burnt up in Grozny during the first Chechen war.
2. Russians having to transform Shilkas into improvised fire support in Afghanistan, because they are the only sort-of-armored systems that had that kind of elevation with the necessary firepower (obviously BTR-70s weren't enough).

The US does this - it used LAV-ADs for fire support in Iraq. So in some ways there does seem to be a place for these things...but as mentioned earlier, not even Russia is buying them.

I can imagine them showing up in Syria and counter-insurgency ops though.

That's not part of the turret, it doesn't move.

Attached: Russian BMPT-72 Fire Support Combat Vehicle in 35th scale (6).jpg (1508x1313, 1003K)

Haven't seen them used in Syria though. The fact that Russia seems to be wanting to buy them makes me curious what happened to them in Syria.

They should be amazingly useful in Syria - lighting up retarded firing positions with no dedicated ATGMs and stopping VBIEDs is what they were basically made to do.

And yet no videos made. Not even news reports, even the Uran UGV debacle got some airtime but this one didn't.

Yea, weird. There were even reports about them testing out the PAKFA.

Tbh I think no one really gives a shit about the BMPT.

Like, it's cool, but cool for wars that would be won anyway. Kind of like the AC-130 Specter.

Those are Ataka, not Kornet, retard.

Do you even know what IFV.

They are buying the one in OP pic, retard.

Ever heard of economy of force?

I really enjoy War Thunder, you guys :)

No difference both inferior to Chinese

The concept of a Tank designed specifically for engaging infantry is interesting. IFV carry similar weapons but don’t have the heavy armor to take a few hits and then limp away. Whether heavy armored vehicles are worth it at all in cities is another matter, why risk your heavy vehicles for minor benefit there where dismounted infantry are king. You can still support with helicopters, air strikes, mortars, and artillery in a city, not worth risking your tanks when a smuck in a building can nail you from 50 feet away with an AT-4. They would chew up infantry in a dense forest for sure though. I love the BMPT in Wargame Red Dragon for this task when supporting infantry. I can’t say whether it is worth the U.S. spending money to develop something similar though. Lots of opportunity cost.

Attached: D760E980-6195-43E5-BE43-3016F9B14BF8.jpg (746x497, 197K)

Why hasn’t anyone developed an Arsenal vehicle? Like a tank or apc but with no gun and instead just s fuck ton of various missiles. Not like they take up much space. Double stack them on top of each other too. I bet you could get a 100 missiles in a vehicle.

Depends what kind of missile. There are things an auto cannon or tank turret can do that a guided tow 2 can’t. Best to have a bit of everything.

>I love the BMPT in Wargame Red Dragon for this task
I fucking hate those things playing as BLUFOR
Only way to nail them with infantry is to split your 2 stack and basically sacrificing one squad while the other sneaks around and sideshots it. Also this only works if the other player is retarded and doesn’t deploy infantry on both sides of the thing. If they cover it effectively, good fucking luck killing it without a tank or plane.

M1IP costs the same, is a good forest fighter, and annihilates BMPT in a fight. Always bring an M1IP into forest fights against the Soviets, since it can also tank 2 hits from RPG-29.

I like to bring cheap 60 point tanks with ke shells as fire support, auto cannon afv will also work in a pinch. Have your infantry screen the vehicles and make contact with the enemy first so the fire support don’t instantly get destroyed by rocket launchers. Tanks can be surprising good in a forest since they can generally take more than one rocket to the front and then retreat while infantry keeps the opponent pinned. Since ke does so much damage up close tanks will one shot each other or get stunned and torn up by auto cannons. Still BMPT’s are very annoying to fight and it is easier said than done.

Attached: 3DAAAC8B-A101-49A4-9C97-4E00DDF05873.jpg (1920x1080, 228K)

The BMPT is annoying because the rapid fire grenade launcher, auto cannon, and high explosive shells combined instantly stun and annihilate enemy infantry for just 60 points while enemy infantry make it hard to get close or flank. You are right that something like the M1IP is the best solution.

lol, the spice bae Serb remix meme is great.

If its actually useful then why isn't China making a superior original innovated work like it?

You could have done something similar with NLOS missile canisters on a truck. But like the rest of FCS, it got axed.

Add to that list a vast deep storage of tanks. It's possible to halt Moscow armored advance, but depleting it's vehicle park require targeting facilities and storages as well.

Attached: 8c940d7c9c0cbfc3c377f92103dc328adf9e4418817da0546aef8c7706aa2999.jpg (543x1024, 90K)

Russian Bulat Micro missile.

Attached: IMG_3830 - Copy.jpg (5184x3456, 862K)

N A M B A W A N

The TOS1 looks like something from Red alert

Same thing as with t80.

>pretty great as a spearhead, mobile, silent, and had high tech for the time.
>gets fucked by people who aren't trained to use it
>expensive as all hell
>complex

The t80 is a sad story

Attached: slavinabox.png (136x121, 28K)

>Is it worth it?

If you have old T-72 hulls you want to make use of? Maybe.

BMPT actually were used in Syria, reportedly they wern't very useful. Particularly having a dual 30mm.

Sauce?

>wern't very useful
source?

armyrecognition.com/analysis_focus_army_defence_military_industry_army/russia_designs_new_option_of_bmpt_terminator_tank_support_vehicle.html

I M P L E S S I V E

Attached: chinaposter.png (1073x386, 338K)

>M1IP
>BMPT

Clearly you plebs haven't been SHOA'D.COM by a decent Israel player with grenade launcher merkavas

> Syrians try and use 30mm HE to crack solid concrete infrastructure/defenses

WHY WON'T IT WORK?????

Attached: clownpepe.png (512x512, 46K)