Hudson is now bankrupt and the H9 is selling for $600

So what are your predictions? Will this gun be uber collectable some day or will it be forgotten to history with the alleged issues it has?
grabagun.com/hudson-hud001-h9-9mm-4-28-2-15rd.html?utm_medium=Email&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_campaign=Daily Email

Attached: failure.jpg (1800x1350, 815K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fjGcsYH0lOs
h9owners.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

rock island bought them out
the new company is called Rock Hudson Island

nice meme, reddit is down the hall and to the left

Well, here I go spending money again

My LGS has one for sale at a SEVERLY discounted price. May pick it up, as a piece of history. Or maybe the comapny mounts a comeback and I get a gun I can actually shoot for cheap.

I heard they were shit anyway

RIP my wallet. I just bought an AR. Neat to have a 'collector' piece for half what it retailed. Don't really care if it goes up in value or not. It's not really the same thing, but I bought the vz2008 when it was $400 with everything and I'm so glad I did. Hopefully this will turn out similarly.

Fuck I thought they had a cool design and was waiting for their aluminum model

if you can get one that works it'll probably be a nice gun for the money. i don't expect them to turn into astounding collectables unless they are featured heavily in future media.

Who could have seen this coming, besides literally everyone

is it cause the guns were shit or is it cause they got sued by their supplier cause they fucked up the contract?

seemed like a combo of costing too much to enter the market where they wanted to, a product that had a variety of function issues and some business errors.

This is what pushed them over the edge.
They announce the aluminum model before they were near ready.
After that everyone wanted to wait for the aluminum model instead so their sales dropped and they couldn’t recover in time

Looks like forgotten weapons was just ahead of the curve.

post yfw the richfags paid $1200 for a now $600 gun.

Attached: My+sides+in+orbit+nice+piece+of+work+_f7c245958a8a1215d2d577a2d327bf27.jpg (680x383, 49K)

fucking kek, seriously considering putting one on layaway and stuffing it in a closet for 20 years.
This is why buying shit at release is fucking stupid, imagine being the fucktard who bought Maxim 9s at $1500.

This. The key is to delay the release of a new model, so people will buy the same gun twice.

it was always absurdly overhyped, but the speed at which it all fell apart is still impressive.

Maxim 9 prices seem to just be all over the place. $900-1600 in a quick google search.

I feel bad for Hudson, but it isn't like it isn't something that tons of other, now defunct, gun makers didn't go through. It doesn't help they entered the market with an all metal gun and an original design, which gets much more expensive.
Throw in a spat with a contractor and you end up with this situation. I hope they get bailed out somehow.

Maybe he'll do another video on them in a few years?

Never trust New York steel suppliers

hey i thought it was funny
fuck this guy

Oh you got a hudson? Me too, nigga.

Attached: poorfaghudson.jpg (599x627, 52K)

>owned by women
I told you Jow Forumsucks it was going to bottom up and you all told me I was wrong because women know everything there is to know about business and guns

D U D E
M E T A L
G L O C K

>I hope a retarded business with a retarded product ran by retards gets a bailout
you're the reason my taxes are so high

bro glocks are made from porselayne

do you think this gun will appreciate in value in 50 years? its not a terrible gun compared to other flops in the past (has its problems sure). it is an interesting design, and its cheap now. what do you think from a collectors standpoint?

by '''cheap''' i meant the price dropped. yeah its still 600 bucks but you know what i mean.

I ain't even mad. I had a ball with it.

I'm happy a bunch more people will have H9s too

Attached: h9 grip.jpg (2000x1333, 807K)

What was the point of it supposed to be? If no one is falling for the gimmick and buying it now, they likely won't in the future. Nobody fucking buys handguns for $1200, that's why these idiots went defunct. You'll be lucky if you sell it for what you paid.

The point of it now is to buy one before the price rises to an insane peak, like it has with the Mosin.

just hearing of this gun now, whats the gimmick? Why is it special?

made of steel, superlow bore axis.

>superlow bore axis.

So a copy of that new Soviet gun?

you don't get to have opinions because you own everything

no

It's not going to. Mosins are fun to shoot, people have heard of them, they were fielded in wars, and have a long history behind them. Wtf is a Hodson?

you sound like the old farts back in the 60s who said that they couldn't give away the m1 carbine when they were selling them for dirt cheap.
Or the Mosin when they were selling for $100.
It's a fighting pistol. Competitive with 95% of full size guns. It'll have a market.

I'm tempted for $600.
Either that or a Steyr L9 for my dumb space gun, with the L9 having the advantage of being more practical and still being supported.

kek fpbp

it's gonna be the next bren ten. who cares. seriously. fuck them.

To all the retards speculating on "investing" in these pos to sell in 10 years dont. Firearms appreciate in value when they are of high quality but external forces bring about an end their production or importation. The Hudson failed because it is a trash gun with the wrong sights with several common failure points. There will be no replacement parts on the horizon because the numbers sold are too small and if the design is bought out by another company parts commonality is not assured because partial redesigns of the Internals would likely be necessary.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HUDSON FAGS BTFO!!!

I GUESS I'LL GET MY 600 DOLLA H9 NOW, BEING A POORFAG AND EVERYTHING.

Attached: 1549645430670.jpg (258x245, 12K)

The Mosin Fucking Nagant was an absolute trash tier rifle even for the 1890s.
Rim for headspace. Sights only adjustable for elevation. Heavy. Absurdly long considering it was not a musket. Bare minimum finish on the stock and metal. Heavy bolt lift, poor accuracy and burrs in the chamber particularly in war time.
Vs a gun built over a hundred years later with infinitely better parts and more uses than "collectible, fun, hunting, ban state gun"

Female owned companies always fail, never invest in them.

I don't get it.

What are common issues with this gun?

That's something people always seem to be vague about. What breaks on them?

I wanna know before I even think about investing in one

Attached: 1511891969477.jpg (4608x3456, 2.41M)

Rock Hudson is a famous actor from the 50's and 60's. It's a boomer-tier reference.

Attached: 488px-Rock_Hudson_-_portrait.jpg (488x599, 51K)

Apparently extractors. If one breaks now you have a $600 paperweight.

Do we have a concrete number for how many they have made?

>It's a fighting pistol
I'm loling imagining how exactly the fuck you'd operate a weapon light on that thing. You'd have to bend your finger downward somehow. It looks like it'd be impossible to actuate a light. Definitely not a fighting pistol when you can't put the most basic of necessities on it. That's exactly why it's a gimmick, that random protrusion doesn't need to be there. It's not to mitigate recoil, it's to pretend the gun is better than competitive options.

You're taxes are high because I want an angel investor to save them or buy the company? Your taxes go towards that? Retard.

Fuck it’s back to $800

Top zozzle.

If I could have bought one (magazine limit in NY) I would have just to sell later for $1,000

It will be years before we know if they go up in value.
That said given the circumstances it's likely someone with the capital and better business experience will buy their patent. It's a working design which is worth something.
Look at the Boberg or Seecamp, both designs got bought up to be sold by other companies and are now selling better than ever. I wouldn't be surprised if some mid sized manufacturer buys them in the next year

Attached: bren ten gunsite.jpg (800x506, 56K)

you are stupid. they were bankrupt because they choose a subpar tooling company that provided subpar tools. when they brought the issue up to the company and say that they won't pay for out of spec tools the tolling company sued them. it was never about the inventory

you can always buy a steyr

I suspect it will be collectible some day. Not in ten years, more like 50.

Will probably wind up a lot like the Whitney Wolverine or something. The gun works fine, assuming its made with good parts, and not the bad parts that basically torpedoed the entire company.

A bit of both.

A lot of the guns don't work because of bad parts. Said bad parts come from the supplier that's suing them. That supplier is suing them because Hudson refused to pay them (cause the parts were bad.)

As long as the gun was made with good parts, it functions well.

The guns design was fine. But they really fucked up on the business management side of things. Inspecting incoming parts for quality, and refusing them if they're bad, is a fundamental part of any manufacturing business. The fact that they didn't realize parts were defective until already sold guns started malfunctioning suggests they weren't doing this at all.

Also this.

Buy one sans mag

Egon the shill in full damage control mode:

youtube.com/watch?v=fjGcsYH0lOs

I hate this fag so much.

Broken extractors, tooling marks on the magazine catches that prevent them from seating properly, causing magazines to fall out without the mag release being pressed.

Sure, but then who wants to buy without, I'd be paying the same for less, and it's $800 now, so I'll pass for sure.

>i don't expect them to turn into astounding collectables unless they are featured heavily in future media.

If I were running a gun manufacturing start up company, I'd let video game developers license the design for free.

It kind of makes me laugh how game developers and tv/movied producers usually pay to get licensed designs of real firearms, when if anything it should be the other way around as media basically advertises the guns

How many people who bought a Kriss Vector did so because they saw it in a game and thought it was cool? I'd bet its like 90%.

So yeah, if I'm making some innovative, cool looking new firearm as a start up company, I'm going out of my way to get it into video games and movies.

I bought a 2008 for 400 and it was a POS

Sold it for 750 though, should've waited longer but I was pretty happy

I ended up cancelling. It's a great buy, I'm sure, but I would want to shoot it and the prospect of no replacement parts being made available scares me.

I have a TRP in my safe already that I don't shoot. I don't need another safe queen.

Funny, but believable too. The problem is the company has to be big enough to absorb their massive debt on top of tooling up for production. If someone buys it they will probably be foreign.

Post yfw you got one for 600 dollars before grab a gun increased the price.

Attached: 9fd99cee5e76ba1d4d50a128b97b099270c9da32ef2ec6f3402769c07594c728 (1).gif (480x270, 2.69M)

And when his boomer ass dies everything will be turned in to a gun buyback by his relatives since he's childless and obese. Always my biggest pet peeve at gunshows too.
>75 year old fat fuck
>P38 on table, in OK shape
How much you asking?
>$950, it's a great deal, can't find the holster though
>There's a guy somewhere around here selling one for $700 but ya know, you get what you pay for...a $700 dollar gun *scoffs*

>hehe buy this new gun guys it's fantastic! ;)
>oops it doesn't work
>oops they're bankrupt
>well, actually you're just a beta tester if you buy anything that hasn't been around for 10 years
>tee hee you should have expected this
Glad I don't worship internet personalities and buy junk they shill.

Attached: 1529896898182.gif (480x470, 1.06M)

I doubt it will ever be worth more than its original retail price. So, I guess up to you whether you're willing to risk $600 to maybe make a $500 profit in 50 years, not counting inflation.

Originally it was
>HURR 1911 TRIGGER
but it isn't, and isn't even remotely close
Then it was
>HURR ULTRA LOW BORE AXIS MUH COMPETITION
then everyone realized it had the same bore axis as a gorillion other pistols, and 15rd mags
Then it was
>MUH WAMYNS OWNED AND RAN COMPANY
then they went bankrupt because they were managed horribly

>superlow bore axis
literally exactly the same bore axis as a glock

>broken extractors
>mag releases not working properly (either can't drop a mag or mag drops itself) because bad machining
>frame rails peening
>frame rails galling
>terrible accuracy in some guns, we're talking 6"+ groups from a ransom rest at 10 yards
>front sights falling off

Checked. He got the AIDS

Yeah, the extractor thing is the biggest thing stopping me from buying one at $600.
The mag catch? If I can't polish the tool marks out and make it work, I can make a new one or whatever. Once I get it working right, I have every reason to believe it'll keep working.
Extractors that work right up until they suddenly break? Fuck that. And it's not as finicky a design as a 1911-type extractor, but it's still a lot more stressed than a mag catch, so not something I'm very confident making my own from a Grade 8 bolt or something.

Mosin has historical value due to being used in wars, and used to have the cool factor of being poorfag deluxe for both the purchase price of the rifle and the cheapest rifle ammo around. Now neither of those price points exist anymore and it’s at 400 where it will probably stay forever.

Don’t get memed, get an ar and a glock/sw. then buy something that actually makes you happy (obviously if the mosin makes you happy go for it friend)

Also it was still better than the garbage rods being used in Japan (Arisakas) and the US (Krags) at the time.

Basically. Hk and glock did this by proxy by dumping guns onto police and mil outfits for cheeeep and then they made their way into media and the public consciousness which sells the guns for them.

Attached: gunbroker idiots.png (1592x1568, 453K)

>if you can get one that works
The design is inherently flawed. The guide rod unscrews itself while you're shooting and there is no solution for this.

>company owned by a woman
>goes to complete shit
WHODATHUNK?

Krag...sib.....ahhh, now there was a rifle

Attached: 04C56999-8BD1-44F1-B46A-449FE928302B.jpg (207x244, 7K)

>Arisaka
>garbage rod

ok retard

Attached: 1499798878669.png (630x653, 453K)

>doesnt own anything
or
>owns the things they are talking about
which one gets to have an opinion again?
protip not you. shh.

That was almost me.

From $600 it will appreciate before then but it's not going to be worth more than MSRP anytime soon. Or maybe ever. Walther P88s for example cost around $1,000 new in the early 1990s, now NIB they're worth ~$1,600 which is less than inflation over that time span. It's the $600 price that makes these a good buy now, but they will never be the next HK P7.

They sold 9,000 of 'em in 2 years dude it wasn't like a flop. That's a LOT of guns for 2 years from a startup.

The gimmick was not just bore axis which didn't matter or 1911 trigger which it isn't (but still better than glocc), it was the slide tang extending down to the level of the trigger with the recoil spring in front of the trigger guard, the point of which was to reduce recoil. That mechanism may not contribute, but as an all steel 9mm with that gimmick on top plus lowish bore axis does make it a very soft shooting 9mm.

Oh. News to me. Thank you for letting me know!

It's intended to be compared to a 1911. Pic related.

My L9 is pretty finicky, I wouldn't recommend it, but like user said the Steyr will be there tomorrow.

In addition to what anons said below, the front sights are too tall which means you'll shoot low.

>>frame rails peening
>>frame rails galling
That's a new one on me, where did you see that?

No. Roughly 9,000.

Attached: lengths.jpg (2000x1333, 676K)

Source on accuracy?

I've read it'll easily do 1" groups at 25 yards

Also I've never heard of the galling/peening issues either

Exactly - I think the best example of a relatively obscure gun that became famous off of just ONE piece of media would be the Jericho 941. Without the Cowboy Bebop memes surrounding it, it'd be no different than any Pasta or Roach clone of the CZ-75 design.

>Also I've never heard of the galling/peening issues either
It was a problem with the very earliest production models, they fixed it with a slightly different heat treat.

Your Steyr L9 is finicky because you hamfisted a comp’d barrel in there, the ones that haven’t been in a mongo’s hands run fine.

They need to do something bold like, make a version of this pistol in 5.7x28. completely srs.

Got a source for that 9k production number?

Yeah mostly, it was completely unusable with a comp (as expected duh) and nearly unusable with a suppressor, but I do get malfunctions with just the naked gun as well. However not nearly as often. Mine has extremely weak ejection, cases basically just plop out the side with no force causing rare stovepipes and sometimes the slide doesn't go 100% into battery (but can still be fired which is a little worrying). Is yours like that too? My M9A1 was the same way somewhat but my L9A1 is worse. I think they didn't remove enough weight from the L9 slide to compensate for the length.

It's anecdotal, but this guy filing a class action for limbo guns lists production numbers for steel guns, aluminum guns, threaded barrels and RMR slides
h9owners.com

No proof; best guess probably based on information from distributors probably? Take it with a grain of salt.

I can confirm that mine is not overly accurate with the factory barrel but it's also not inaccurate. The threaded barrel however is noticeably less accurate because of how loose it is, it's borderline bad.

Pic relayed 10 yards, but this is not off a rest and I am not a good shooter. I don't have rest target pics but I saw about 1.5" at 15 yards with the factory barrel and about 3" at 15 yards with the threaded barrel, so extrapolate to 25y. Some of that may be my shitty eyes.

SOME guns might do 1" at 25y if Hudson accidentally put a tight barrel in a tight slide, but most guns would not be close to that, they were never built to be. I'm dubious.

Source tho? Pics/stories/anecdotes/forum links?

Attached: jun targets 10-13y.jpg (2400x1600, 1014K)

Burt Im not familiar with alot of Jow Forums tripfags but are you Lifesizepotato? or did you rob him?

No I'm just some huge faggot with poor self control and weird gun lust, but I'm flattered thank you

Attached: bobb.jpg (2000x1333, 698K)

I want a boberg, can you talk about yours?

Whachu gon do about yo rails man?

>tfw CA