3x Olympic lifting a week with 2-3x Judo

>3x Olympic lifting a week with 2-3x Judo
>Hands taking so much punishment, so much punishment trying tom perfect my techniques and randoring with people who are 88-90kg+
>Waking up with fingers swollen and joints sore

What do? what are some fixes? besides taking days / doing less days. My hands feel swollen and hurt / feel weak just clenching them.

Attached: rules-1509787011-1509787011.jpg (1495x1080, 132K)

Doing less days.

But that's something i want to avoid completely. I am even tempted to start taking testosterone just so i can train 6-7x a week.

CBD oil and chicken mcnuggets

Get over it

Well then just keep going at it, injure the fuck out of your hands then take some time off after you have no choice. Dipshit.

You need to ask yourself. Why are you doing this?

I have some slight permanent sriffness in my fingers from over-stressing them when they were sore and super stiff.

If they're swollen and stiff, let them rest OP. You don't want damaged joints and arthritis.

Glucosamine and cod liver oil.
You can also add fish oil among that as well.

Also don't understatement the power of simple NSAID's like aspirin.
They do wonders for swelling and joint discomfort.
Make sure take it in softgel form, and eat something before consuming one.

Attached: 45005722_p0.jpg (614x819, 445K)

Judo is really tough on the hands, no shit. Be careful with your hand fighting, don't jam your fingers. Tape em up. Maybe add some grip training to your lifting program.
Honestly I don't think 3 days lifting and 3 days judo practice sounds excessive, just make sure your recovery game is on point. Plenty of water, food, and sleep. Don't be out at all hours chasing skirts, young man!

I love Olympic lifting, and i want to be the best judoka i can be, i want to fucking rip apart the completion in future tournaments.

I'm going in wanting blood, i want to rip apart people.

Well i am about to lift in 40 minutes, so not today.

Noted, cheers. Will be cod liver oil. And start taking glucosmine which i haven't in a while because it ran out.

Is judo fun? I liked watching it at the olympics bht i dont know how to tell if the place is any good.
Theres a lot of mma gyms in my city, should i ask around in those?

>Judo fun

Judo is a martial arts with a very steep learning curve. I hope you like being slammed on your back into the mats with full force.

Not really but i think you can make any contact sport sound terrible. I dont think anyone would want to box if you just described it as getting punched in the face for 5+ minutes

testosterone won't do much for your joints.
t. am on TRT and wrists hurt randomly

maybe would have been a better place to ask?

Also, I might add that adding in test might cause a cortisol buildup that itself causes horrible bloat and water retention. Not to mention, longer than 12-ish weeks on test and you might have problems like test binding to aldosterone receptors, which also causes bloat and water retention. All that leads to more joint pain. Your Dr will probably prescribe a diuretic to deal with the issue, which can also lead to even more joint pain (and nausea).

Otherwise, if you can dial it in, then its an awesome ride!

>Not really

don't talk if you've never done it, moron. People who do judo professionally literally retire in there twenties - early thirties because of how taxing and damaging it is on your body

the learning curve is also very steep as well and requires a lot of commitment.

Lmao what the fuck retard? You don't need to be a judoka to know getting slammed is fucking gay. Enjoy your exploding knees.

No one cares fag

Attached: 0b4.jpg (453x576, 39K)

take 2 fucking days to rest your hands minimum

>i want to be the best judoka i can be, i want to fucking rip apart the completion in future tournaments
>rip apart the completion
I don't think that's in the spirit of Judo. I think you need MMA

>Judo
>Not Sambo
End yourself my dude

Calm the roid rage faggot, your fingers wouldn't be so fucked up if you stopped fisting your boy friend.

Very few people are aiming at the olympic level. Most will not have the build for it at their weight class.

And compared to other full contact sports, like boxing, MMA, or rugby, Judo is way less hard on the body. We push it on kids under 13 minus chokes/arm bars.

You haven't said if you're icing after a session. That will cut down on some of the inflammation. Take a basic NSAID and slap some Biofreeze on. You might need to ease up on your arm lifting and either throw in some more leg time or low resistance cardio. Swimming is a pretty good way to do all those things.

If you're okay with having eatly onset erectile dysfunction then go for it. However I would recommend listening to your body user. Also I believe this belongs on Jow Forums.

Judo is a blast if you're at a good school.
>how to know if a place is legit
Talk to the guy running the school, see if you can come in and observe or participate in a class. Then when doing so, pay attention to the person getting thrown when they demonstrate the techniques. If they look like they are choreographing their fall, then do a 360 degree turn and moon walk out of there.
>Should I just go to an mma gym instead
Probably, most mma gyms will have a judo class that runs into the bjj class or just teach people how to throw in general. They will also have you work on other important skills like striking and clinching. A vanilla judo school won't do that.

>A vanilla judo school won't do that.
I'm not sure there are many straight Judo gyms left. Everything here is Brazilian or MMA.

Not that it's bad material, but I do miss that strong peer pressure for self improvement off the mat I got at all the Asian clubs I wrestled in. It made a difference for me growing up.

Just give yourself more time to recover between workouts. If you get a hand or wrist injury, even a minor one, be sure to take a few days off lifting and just do light cardio or something else. Otherwise you're just dragging out the injury and maybe doing permanent damage.

Take care of your wrists and fingers if you're doing judo. Minimize repetitive stress (work, typing, whatever other activities you do) and get one of those callus sander things; don't remove your calluses entirely but sand them a little once in a while so they don't grow too large and then get peeled off suddenly when you're doing randori.

>"I am a massive faggot and one day hope to be even worse."

Attached: Kano_is_disappoint.jpg (800x800, 209K)

That is one thing TMA has that modern martial arts lacks, however the gym I train at is an extremely positive place on the mat, I don't think I can come to any of them with relationship problems or something like that.

avoid sudden increases in training volume

you can handle more than you think you can, but you probably have to build up to it more gradually and at a lower intensity than you want to (and be more autistic about sleep and diet than you want to, too)

It depends on where you live.

In America, judo has never been that widespread compared to the established wrestling and the popular BJJ.

In places like France or Russia or Japan, it's everywhere.

Train less. It sounds counter-intuitive, but if you want to be a functioning adult instead of having the body of an 80 year old man when you're 35, you have to.

You don't need to train full bore all the time. Look at pro Muay Thai fighters. They're cracking the pads, smashing the heavy bags, but when it comes time to actually spar, they go very lightly. Many of these guys' livelihood depends on their ability to fight. Considering they can have as many 200-300 fights in a career, clearly they're doing something that gives them more longevity compared to western fighters who turn into broken shells with less than half the fights.

Attached: front uchi mata DASHDAVAA.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

Attached: FIGHT TIME 34 Drop Seoi Nage.webm (480x270, 2.96M)

Attached: Harai Goshi to armbreak.webm (480x270, 2.59M)

fucking love judo. got hit by a car 3 months into my white belt and I'm in pain every day since so I'll probably never go back but i learned a lot in that short time.

Arnica Montana, helps with trauma to muscle. I use it all that time and it works better than any other topical product, but get it synthesized.

The fuck happened here?

He tried to stop his fall with his free hand instead of letting his body roll with the momentum. Fucking horrible vid.

REMINDER: Every day you take off from honing your skill (fighting, gun fighting, etc) someone has gained the edge on you.

Yeah, take that break Jow Forums. Keep on taking those breaks, Jow Forums. No wonder you haven't gotten anywhere.

Go rest. :)

He turned into a human swastika.