Is colt's 1911 worth it?

is colt's 1911 worth it?

Attached: file.png (800x521, 335K)

No but the swiss' 1911 is

Yes, sturdy American made steel.
Plus it puts people down if you got the eyes.

even the modern ones?

Why wouldn't they?

Get the m45a1. It’s great!

hmmm

They're not bad, but they're not excellent either.
Get a Dan Wesson 1911 instead.

whoa, I think I'm in love

Attached: file.png (1024x768, 835K)

Absolutely

Attached: 20180804_131107.jpg (1887x2080, 2.81M)

meme gun, it doesnt do anything that any modern design will do better. if you have to ask about it, then no it's not worth it, get something new and better, you obviously have no need for this range toy shit

>you obviously have no need for this range toy shit
What the fuck do you know?

.45s trigger faggot zitfaced millennials more’n Scars do

Always.

Attached: snape.jpg (500x639, 83K)

Sure, but be wary of QC. Their warranty repairs are a fucking joke.

How about Sig Sauer 1911's?

Attached: 1911_match_elite_right.jpg (800x496, 49K)

>external extractor
not a 1911.

Yeah I know. I'm not interested in purity and just want a good single stack, full size 9mm.
What I'm looking for in that is front strap checkering, front slide serrations, and an external extractor. Sig has all of them. S&W has most of them but is much more expensive and IMO not as nice looking.
I plan to add a WC magwell, trigger, and mag release.

Made in India, don't.

>same kind of FCG
>same kind of magazine
>same kind of frame
>same kind of bushing
>same kind of barrel, locking into a slide that's almost the same
It's like 95% 1911.

Sig actually pulls off a decent 1911 with a lot of features in the sub $1000 range.

Just buy an ATI.

Attached: dsc_0537.jpg (1024x681, 146K)

>Just buy a ________
Get one if you want it to sit in a safe, there's nothing about the quality that warrants taking it over a similarly priced brand right now. The basic Commander models are only like $850.

There is only one Colt .45, OP. All else are knock-offs that pale in comparison.

Attached: PicsArt_09-16-11.18.30.jpg (3052x1717, 1.83M)

Ugly af
They're pretty good.

I've been a 1911 fan since I was issued my first sidearm in 1987.
I was recently handed-down a genuine Colt 1911, stamped Property of U.S. Government and U.S Army. I haven't looked up the serial number to know when it might have been manufactured, but my grandfather carried it in the Pacific theater during WWII, and my father owned it the for the last 30 years or so.
Amazingly the slide is tighter than the one I carried in the 80's... lol
As far as I am concerned, it is priceless (and will be passed on to one of my children.)

that's a traitors gun, not a Colt

No. Save up an extra couple hundred for real quality, or buy something cheaper but just as good without the pony tax.

Attached: DW A2.png (2000x1333, 542K)

This, bought one after a greasy lard ball finger fucked a nugget I was gonna buy

no
bought 2 colts, both had to go back right out of the box

SA makes one of the most solid 1911s today

>JUSTASGOOD
Let me guess, you think Kimber is the real quality.

>2 colts had to be sent back
>2 kimbers work like champs
hmmmmmm

I knew it. Kimber is like the Mark of Cain for retards. Make sure you post back when the barrel starts to rust weld to the slide.

I have an RIA too. works great
both colts had to go back. one would double, and the other you could see daylight between the slide and frame so I never fired it
but if you want to suck the pony cock, go ahead

>this angers the amerimutt

Attached: 222.jpg (640x927, 60K)

Colt doesn't offer a single competitive firearm in 2019 whatsoever. You want an affordable good 1911? Get a SIG. You want a higher end 1911? Get a Dan Wesson. You have more money than sense? Get a Nighthawk.

SIGs have problems. I see FTEs at the range constantly and they don't fit 1911 holsters

>glock being good
Hello fellow zoomer
now piss off

Attached: Rockabilly Zoom Zoom.png (900x458, 62K)

Holy fuck, for the last fucking time: Springfield was NOT aware of the bill until they were informed by the people boycotting them. They then went against the bill in Illinois.

You are literally on a 2 year time loop of retardation to boycott springfield to this day.

He's talking about the gun bill in Illinois 2 years ago that springfield used to sponsor until they opposed it.

And yes they are sturdy 1911s for the price.

oh ok
so like harping against ruger even after that faggot bill ruger took a dirt nap

shitty rollmarks

Yeah but worse
The current owner was never an anti

Yeah, why buy a Colt when DW has better quality guns for probably just a few hundred more? Unless you really just wanna say you have a Colt 1911, I guess.

>t. guy you actually replied to
Kimber is shit, ill never trust them after their QC issues. Id take a Sig, Ruger, Rustington, or S&W over a colt any day of the week if price is a factor. Hell, if i was really trying to get a great bang for my buck i might get one of the nicer RIAs for around 600 like their pro match ultra guns. But since im a big boy who's actually owned/compared lower mid priced and truly mid priced 1911s I think ill just stick to dan wesson instead from now on. Only so much makeup you can put on a pig, and the difference in quality is more than worth the difference in price to me.

Dan Wesson Pointman good to go?

Dan wesson anything is GTG, one of few companies you can honestly say that about these days, just get the model that speaks to you.

*puts 70k rounds though a kimber*
k

what a glowing review

I don't have a 1911, or any single action capable pistol for that matter. I want to get into one that isn't fancy but just durable as shit. Something I can put 10k round a through and give plenty of holster wear, then pass to my son. Object permanence. Any recommendations?

internal extractors are trash.

>have no need
sorry, i dont speak poorfag

>fucked up and only bought a K31
>itch for long boi Swiss has been getting me for years

At least I got K31 for $300.

this'll trigger the purist fucks ,but i have 2k through mine and it has yet to have an issue. was cleaned once at 500 rounds.

Attached: sig_1911.jpg (1331x998, 353K)

>apparently doesn't understand what QC or the past tense means
Sure thing, kiddo.

I realize that it is completely pointless, but not being able to bothers me. Is there a trick to lowering the hammer using only your firing hand? Having difficulty keeping control of the hammer while maintaining pressure on the grip safety to actually drop it

Doesnt change the 1911 garbage status grandpa

Attached: 1544884771635.jpg (2176x1082, 439K)

MUH PONY

Dan Wesson is good stuff across the board.
They have a lot of things too, even for people with some peculiar tastes.

This is the Dan Wesson Patriot, it's a 1911 in .40 S&W
Why would you want a 1911 in .40S&W? I don't know, not a lot of people would, but they made it, and the thing is high quality.

Attached: Dan Wesson Patriot .40.jpg (785x586, 66K)

being this retarded.

#SigSucksAss

>*puts 70k rounds though a kimber*
Jesus christ if you're going to lie at least make the numbers believable.

every brand has shit guns. sig's 1911's are not shit. you want a shit 1911, buy a rock island.

>9mm
>aussie gun for niggers
Yeah no, I just have better taste than you
[spoiler]>mfw I'm was born in the wrong generation[/spoiler]

I unironically trust Flip manufacturing better than Hindu manufacturing.

I love mine

Attached: Colt (2).jpg (936x702, 159K)

>Megumin
>not on a 1st gen Glock 22

Attached: Fonzie says you're gay.jpg (800x800, 88K)

nice day/k/are teir post my dude

Attached: 181.jpg (500x465, 36K)

>springfield used to sponsor
they did not sponsor it, their lobbyist simply promised they wouldn't appose it if they got a carve out to protect their own buisness

Loosen your grip on the gun, shove your thumb in between the hammer and frame, pull the trigger until the hammer releases and then let off the trigger and pull your thumb out.

Attached: That nigga hella gay.jpg (500x382, 27K)

>Every Colt is a series 80
Are you comfortable living with the knowledge that some faggot anti-gun lawyer stuck their dick in your gun and fucked up its firing pin and trigger?

Rock Islands are unironically superior. They frequently have problems, but those problems can be fixed unlike the shit design choices of the sig like external extractors.

Wouldn't that be pretty dangerous on a series 70 design?

Go back to r*ddit.

The fuck you could crackhead. Not with full length rails on frame and slide. And if youre the guy saying internal extractors are shit just off yourself instead of looking for attention

Ive got 25000ish thru my custom 2.

Never do this. Dont ever trust the half cock and never carry a 1911 chambered hammer down.

I know because I've gone thought 70 boxes of bullets on my press over a few years at 1000 each
shoot more junior

hence I never fired it brainlet
took 6 months for colt to admit it was fucked and send me a new one