Hey Jow Forums

hey Jow Forums
I really want to kill myself.
I have an amazing girlfriend, a supportive family, and a fear in some type of higher power, but I'm drunk and depressed out of my mind. I have been for a year.

My question, Is it okay to seek help from a professional? I don't want to lose my right to bear arms. I just want help. Can I find it?

Attached: i.chzbgr.jpg (492x700, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cchrflorida.org/sandy-hook-shooters-psychiatrist-arrested/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, you'll be fine. Unless you're adjudicated mentally unfit by a judge, you'll be fine. Go get help, man. Mental illness is a bitch and it lies to you.

Yes, see a therapist, talk to your family, go to a clinic, consider the national suicide line, and others. It's pretty damn hard to be involuntarily committed and if you ever came close to such you can elect to voluntarily commit instead to keep your rights. There's lots of options. Just know your family might want to separate you from your access temporarily.

You're lying. If you're involuntarily commited to a mental hospital it's a federal crime to buy firearms afterwards.

Only if its involuntary.

"I'm going to kill myself," or anything a mandated reporter thinks is equivalent, is enough.

Yeah no it's not. You need 2 psychiatric evaluations and a judge to order it.

do not say
"im going to kill/hurt myself/other people"
and you'll be fine

Only if it's involuntary and that's what being adjudicated mentally unfit is. Two of my friends have been committed to mental institutions due to suicide attempts, and they both have guns.

Thank you. I have a doctor appointment this week and will request to see a therapist. I'll ease into the suicidal thoughts thing with them and see where this goes.

>involuntarily commited
Just make sure it's voluntary.
Or, now, buy a fucking shitload and put them somewhere decent

You won’t do it pussy

Enjoy life and stop crying on the internet.

Get help. If you do it on your own you won’t lose your guns. Your family might hide them until you get your head right. I went through the same thing I got help and now I’m doing really good mentally. It won’t effect your background checks at all when you buy a new gun.

You dont have to request it from a doctor, nor ease into it.
You can just look up local therapist on your own or with your insurer, then when you make your apt straight up say I've been having suicidal thoughts. If you say you have a plan on how to do it they will refer you to the ER though. They arent your friends or family this is what they do. They work with depressed people lots of which have these thoughts its okay.

this is Jow Forums not your mommas pussy. wtf is with these wasted threads?

Attached: 1548564034326.jpg (348x488, 92K)

So it's not gonna be all that easy to get a therapist or a psychiatrist. Fairly often, therapists and psychiatrist will either not be taking new patients, or will have months long waits for new patients. You may have to go to a doctor who may or may not prescribe you anti-depressants or mood stabilizers to get you through the episode. If you mention being suicidal or otherwise a danger to yourself or others, the doctor will recommend that you commit yourself. Consider your current state and whether or not you can go to a mental institution for upwards of a week without severely damaging your life. If you can, it can be a good reset for your mind. If you can't, say that you have a support network at home that will help you during this time. If this is not true, I recommend you speak to friends and family. They may not be all that helpful, but honesty does help you.

Best of luck, man. Like I said, it's a bitch but you can get through it.

>has a girlfriend
>wants to kill themselves
weak

Talk to your pastor first. Going to see a shrink is expensive and can have lasting consequences. Plus a pastor maybe able to get to the door of the problem a lot quicker. Shrinks have incentive to take years because of cash, pastors want to fix you so they can move on with their lives.

Root

OP, the last remaining member of my family died four years ago.
My girlfriend of four years left me two years ago for a co-worker at a new job she got.
My only friend stopped calling me after he moved to a different state with his wife.
I'm 25 years old and alone in this world.

My point? Here it is, albeit harsh: Others have it much worse than you.
I was told the same thing by late grandmother's cold blooded friend after she passed away and I was feeling down.
It sucks, but you can get through this.
You'll understand that such cold advice has meaning in due time.

You have a girlfriend, a living family, and you're God fearing (in a sense).
Use those tools to help you get through this storm.
Also take omega 3 supplements like fish or cod liver oil.
They've been proven to be linked to depression when the body has a deficiency of them... Worked for me.

Attached: 1553053775537.jpg (1002x1200, 170K)

Go get help bc alcoholism will take everything away from you & make you wish you went an hero

Based and helpfulpilled, hope things get better for you user.

Go see this guy he highly recommend
He is Dr. Jow Forums
cchrflorida.org/sandy-hook-shooters-psychiatrist-arrested/

Attached: 1552140488669.png (488x524, 284K)