What is the cheapest 556/223 ammo you'd consider running through your AR and where can I get it online...

What is the cheapest 556/223 ammo you'd consider running through your AR and where can I get it online? I'm looking for cheapo ammo to run through my PSA, but not something that will screw the gun up or jam every other round like Tulamo. I've been shooting surplus M855 (Cost is $0.33/rd) through it for a while but want to start saving a couple dollars a mag.

youtube.com/watch?v=F3kM26N1qRo

Attached: XM855LC1-AC1.jpg (700x700, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunbot.net/ammo/rifle/223/
atlasarms.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=IQutj2wNaPc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Check on gun.deals for Federal rebate deals. I’ve seen M193 for 25cpr after rebates. Also, fuck M855, it’s not worth buying considering the shitty accuracy compared to standard 193 ball and it’s just as or more expensive. Wolf Gold is quality stuff and can be had for just under .30cpr

Ammoseek dot com nigger

easy make a reliable ar that can eat any ammo you put through it

But muh armor piercing...

>. I've been shooting surplus M855 (Cost is $0.33/rd)
Yeesh, you can get new production M193 for around 30 cents.

>But muh armor piercing...

For armor that was around during the 80’s. If this is a legitimate concern and not a joke, you have some priorities fucked up.
This. If your gun cannot run steelcase, chances are it’s not good

>less piercing than m193 in every reputable test
if you're willing to put up with federal rebates go to target sports usa, cost per case of 1000 is $250.

M855 does slightly better than M193 vs. 30 year old ceramic armor (RBA/Ratnik tier), at the cost of being completely worthless vs. AR500. Neither will do well vs. modern ceramics as I've not seen a non-lvl 4/lvl 4 equivalent ceramic plate yet, those bullshit non-NIJ """3+""" plates are all either UHMWPE or steel.

>Worried about screwing up a psa
The whole point of a cheap ar build is so you won't feel bad using cheap ammo through it. Shoot steel. You're probably not going to shoot it enough to hurt it.

Okay, so are there any worthy 556/223 rounds today then?

For what, AP? Sure, pay $6-8 per round for M995 on the internet.

Otherwise stick with a monolithic copper hollowpoint or bonded softpoint like Federal LE Barrier Blind/Speer Gold Dot/Barnes TTSX.

Depends on what you mean worthy. And what the practical application is. And your twist rate. I plink at 100 yards with wolf gold and shoot to 300 for accuracy with ppu match 68 grain othpm

And if you legit fear people wearing modern hard body armor, learn to love the pelvic girdle shot.

aim for the fucking waist or head dipshit
There is no point trying to blast through level 4 armor. None. You have to shoot it a fuck ton of times and by then you're taking fire too.
Buy M193 and call it a day.

this thread sounds like a dumb argument waiting to happen

Attached: 1430503613437.jpg (1600x1200, 323K)

OP here, when shipping gets involved it makes more sense to just go down the street to PSA (I live in SC) to buy my ammo. Any more recommendations? Carolina munitions is 2 hours away... I might take a trip out there to bulk up one day.

Sgammo.com

Ammoseek.com

Gun.deals

gunbot.net/ammo/rifle/223/

Yep, I might as well bite the bill for M855 since they come with stripper clips and slightly better penetration. I'd have to make a 2.5 hour drive to save a couple bucks, but it would be worth it if I stocked up. I'll probably just buy another case for now until I work up the motivation to make that trip.

Stripper clips are a meme. Don't fall for that meme.

What? How? I've used them, they make load time shorter.

I mean it makes it super fast to load a mag.

They might be a meme, but they're a convenient meme. I always end up putting my plinking ammo on clips and bring the maglula whenever I go to the range. Makes shit easy.

>$6-$8 per round
Hah, try $50 if you're lucky enough to find someone selling it in the first place. Only people you'll find selling it at this point is (((collectors))) looking to make a quick buck from their reserves, or some marine who hid it up his prison pocket while the commander was snacking on his daily Crayolas.
The good news is that modern technology and materials are available to circumvent dated anti-AP laws, which only really banned things like the selling of tungsten and depleted uranium rounds to civvies. Here is an interesting project that seems very promising, but sadly lacks the funding required to do anything. Might get picked up by someone else in the future though. atlasarms.org/

I just buy the pre-made ones in the OP and toss them on the floor like a hedonist.

>I just buy the pre-made ones in the OP and toss them on the floor like a hedonist.

Attached: LaughingToph.jpg (500x333, 39K)

Remember, kids, all the ammo you're hoarding for that Godawful emergency is effectively useless if it's not on stripper clips.

:^) I still have a bunch of empty clips inside an empty ammo can, all of which I'll probably never use for anything ever again.

>Federal rebate deals.
Because nothing says cash back like prepaid Visas you can't empty into your checking account, and expire in 6 months.

That's assuming they even respond.

>Stripper clips are a meme
You must be one of those anons that never shoots his guns.

We'll see about that...

Attached: 22.jpg (500x500, 134K)

>Stripper clips are a meme.
youtube.com/watch?v=IQutj2wNaPc

If only they weren't $30.

Touche.

They sent me a bunch of 50 dollar checks

Why is this so aesthetically pleasing?

Damn... It's only a matter of time before those are cucked too.

Regular hornady .556 ammo i get mine from cabelas and its like .28-.30 cents a round

I have a different brand and they are pretty nice, but I just don't run my rifle compliant.

> I just don't run my rifle compliant.
Patriot detected.

>but I just don't run my rifle compliant.
If you're going to commit felonies, might as well make it a machinegun.

It's 100% legal when I transport it by taking the upper off. No one at my range gives a shit including the cops. The only people who have gotten in trouble with this are those retards that tried to register their rifles. But yes I probably just should, I'd need private land to shoot on then though.

Third hole

I have had no issue with the cheapest .223 I can find. Currently working my way through a box of Red Army 55g steel cased non-corrosive berden primed that was like 28c a round. That said, I have a cheap as fuck AR I don't care about.

Aguila makes good shit.

m855 penetrates worse then m193.

>not being able to run steal case ammo
Enjoy your paper weight.

Nigga you can get notM193 Wolf Gold for just as much and there you are shooting steel case underloaded shit

PMC .223 won't cycle my 18" with a rifle buffer and rifle length gas system. I normally shoot Fiocchi.

OP don't run any steel-cased or lacquer-coated-cased ammo. That shit FUCKS ARs.

> steal case
I haven't tried it, actually.

Thanks for the tip, I generally stick to brass since my first year shooting I loaded aluminum/steel in my Glock and the spent casings came out like fireballs.

but my PSA won't shoot steel reliably because steel ammo is underpowered and im too lazy to mess with my gas block just for steel ammo

>visas that expire
They legally can't do that anymore. Sucks cause I wish they had that legislation when Blockbuster owed me 37 bucks