Cz 82

I'm thinking about getting my first handgun this summer. Is the cz 82 good? Any better surplus pistols for a similar price point? Any anons have experiences with one or better yet own one?

Attached: IMG_20190320_000220.jpg (480x363, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Model_BM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=m7mQ7N8e7ac
sailorcurt.com/category/cz-82-vz-82/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have the 83 which is the same but in .380. It's pretty fun to shoot, although the magazine release is very poorly designed and is a bitch to press enough to release the mag

Overall it's very accurate and I've never had a jam. Also looks classy af

A current production handgun would be a better choice, affordable and more abundant magazines, spare parts, aftermarket including sight options, holsters etc.

CZ82’s are chambered in 9mm Mak, while not the most expensive, you’re looking at spending more money on ammo compared to a 9x19 pistol along with being very limited to ammunition selection.

Police trade in M&P9’s can be had for that price range, along with 9mm Shields. Spend a little more will net you a CZ P07, M&P 2.0, Beretta PX4 which are all better choices

No and you know why.

Attached: Mak.jpg (2448x2770, 1.96M)

I have one, very reliable.

But... its snappy. Very snappy. More then my Makarov. I only shoot it with gloves on, it kinda hurts the bridge of your hand between your fingers and thumbs.

Cool gun though.

The good
>looks nice
>decently smooth trigger
>ambi controls
>9x18 that isn't a Mak
>pretty accurate
The bad
>mag release sucks
>blowback is snappy
>mags seem a little finnicky
>not a ton of room to grab the slide

They're neat little guns and a worthy addition to a collection. That said it might not be the best first handgun. 9x18 isn't nearly as available with as many options as 9x19, direct blowback is more punishing than tilting lock, and parts and mags and such aren't going to be nearly as common.
I'd say get something more modern as a first pistol, then get the CZ82 as your meme 2nd gun.

Attached: cz 82.jpg (1296x972, 833K)

my first handgun. get it. The issues people are bitching about can be fixed. you can change the recoil spring out and that fixes that problem. mag release can be fixed too iirc but i think thats an issue from wear or something.

I have shot from CZ 82 numerous times and all I have to say it is a nice little pistol, with smooth trigger, action and almost non existent recoil

I have, however encountered one problen with it. Stovepiping is relatively frequent on these because if small ejection window. So I would probably not trust it with my life. Btw magazine is not easy to pull out when clearing the gun.

somebody explain this to me
>stronger spring to keep action closed while pressure drops to a safe level
>more felt recoil than a locking system despite stronger spring soaking up more recoil

Attached: Where_26b7c5_6691842.jpg (1200x1359, 131K)

I have an 82, love it. Great gun, in an emergency will shoot .380 if that's all you have. Magazine release spring can be replaced easily, 9x18 mak is cheaper than .380 but harder to find. I order online and have it shipped to my door (massfag) and it is 10.80 a box compared to 12.80 for .380. Good gun, cheap ammo, feels very good in the hand. I EDC it with a shoulder holster, only gripe about it is hammer has to be cocked to have safety on. 8/10, would buy another, paid 365 for mine with 2 mags

Attached: 20190320_070045.jpg (4128x3096, 2.88M)

Yes, but I prefer the CZ 83.
Good trigger, esp for milsurp.
Comfy grip, double stack.
As one user mentioned the mag release sucks though.

If I wanted a 9x18 mak I would get a makaro, personally.

Though I intend to own all three eventually.

CZ82 and Makarov are straight blowback designs. All the recoil goes into that spring and into the hand. Other pistol designs will have the barrel move or rotate to dissipate some of that, reducing the felt recoil. Combine that with the fact that the Mak and CZ82 are quite small and don't have the mass to deaden recoil like a full size wonder 9 and you get a small pistol with some kick to it.

Literally ANY other handgun.
>but muh slavshit surplus
Absolute SHIT taste.

okay so how does the barrel being able to move/rotate soak recoil better than a stiffer spring?

Hi-Point

Is it true that hipsterfags buy CZ shit?

Lower pressure due to locked designs that must complete some unlocking action (thus, the pressure is lower when it unlocks) before they unlock. Straight blowback has no such mechanism and so it just opens up as soon as the pressure can overcome the strength of the spring. You could try a stronger spring but then you may end up with problems on different ammo.

I had that same issue. Wolf sells recoil springs for it. It's a fairly soft shooter after you replace it.

It's trash like most CZs.

I would recommend as a first gun, hell it's my second hangun but I'm never going to sell it and is my primary carry after my revolver and 1908 pocket rocket. 9x18 mak is probably the heaviest round a straight blowback can handle without getting xboxheug hi-point bulk. It's great because it's double stack, and personally fits my humongous mitts just perfectly. Just replace the spring with a wolf heavy and throw out buffalo bore +p soft lead.

Attached: Untitled.png (496x656, 890K)

My thoughts exactly

Got one for 200. More accurate than expected and surprisingly fun to shoot. Worth every penny

Bought a CZ83 nib at a gunshow a few years ago
>.380
pretty good fun senpai

probably, I do really only like their older duty pistols. 52, 75 pre-b and the 82/83

I have one and I’m not too keen on it. I’m seriously considering selling it along with my P64.

Id say Makarov, as I love mine... but I checked online prices and Makarov's shot wayyyy up.

Paid like $180 for mine years back, now over $400 online wtf.jpg

I'd recommend a yugo tokarev.

In 7.62 tokarev? Is it true that it can defeat body armor?

S T A R
T A R
A R
R
MODEL BM
They cost around the same as the CZ, but they're 9x19 so ammo is cheap and abundant, and plenty of ammo variety
I managed to snatch one for $150 off J&G a month ago or so, and it's been 100% reliable with brass or steel case ammo, also works great with +P hollowpoints.
Also that boomercore 1911 aesthetic

>wikipedia
>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Model_BM
>used in rhodesian bush war
Got floppies? Slot floppies.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=m7mQ7N8e7ac

Attached: 1550640331997.jpg (803x737, 93K)

This. Years ago I bought a CZ82 instead of a Makarov because the CZ82 is "better." The 82 was a nice enough gun, though many of them have damaged mag releases (mine only worked on the left side). My grip screws would constantly fall out after shooting, even with loctite. I eventually sold it and bought a Makarov instead and I'm happier, even though the CZ82 fit better in my hand. The makarov has a crisper trigger, though I think it's a little heavier.

I can't comment on the comparison in accuracy, because in the years since Ive sold my CZ82 I've gotten significantly better at shooting pistols. That being said, the makarov is an extremely accurate little pistol. The CZ82 was actually my first pistol too.

Anyways, I would recommend getting something more "boring" to start with for your first pistol. Honestly a Glock 19 would be an excellent first pistol, as boring as it sounds. You could use it for carry, nightstand gun, and you can rely on it for the rest of your life. It would be great for learning to shoot well on. You wouldn't have to worry about damaging it or wearing it out while you practice the fundamentals. Then you could get a neat surplus gun to shoot for fun without worrying about scratching or breaking it.

I had a CZ-82 as my first handgun about a decade ago when you could get them for about $160 and it was honestly a mistake.
It's direct blowback, and in pistols the size of a Makarov with that action, 9x18 is about as high as you can safely go. The result is usually a rather snappy piece.

I own a cz83 and it's a fine gun.
Very reliable, good shooter.
Never gives me problems.

Easy to clean, easy to use, recoil is comfortable.
It's like a mak only much nicer.
It's got ambi controls but the safety won't engage unless the hammer is down.
Which isn't that big of a problem because the DA trigger has some heft, and the SA trigger has a bit of creep.

But if you want spare mags you're in trouble, there's some new production ones floating around for ~$20 that may give you feeding problems and the good old ones cost ~$40.

Attached: JPEG_20190223_200123.jpg (3984x2988, 2.72M)

Is that why a .32 82/83 felt more of a handful than a 9mememeter 75b? The size of it compared to the big boi may also have contributed some discomfort. All in all the 82/83 felt shitty all around, not a joy at all to shoot or manipulate, and I wouldnt trust my life with it at any rate. Better than a stone perhaps, but there are a lot of better options for the money.

Attached: 18032012221.jpg (2048x1536, 267K)

Does it come in 9mm Parabellum?

No, do you even know what gun you're talking about?

Since this is a thread about 82/83s does anyone have any pointers on making the mag release more smooth?

The CZ-82 is a tectbook case of needless overengineering for the sake of it. The Czechs managed to make a fucking Cold War-era direct-blowback pistol more complicated than most pre-WWII German designs, and one of the worst parts of its design is that bumfuck retarded clamshell mag catch that, thanks to its design, cannot be made to be anything better than a mushy heap of shit.

Attached: CZ_82Pistol_schem.jpg (800x1087, 333K)

Had a website saved on my old phone, had all disassembly and upgrade procedures. He took the spring to a grinder sideways to actually take a little meat out of the coils of the springs.
Found the website sailorcurt.com/category/cz-82-vz-82/

>>Is the cz 82 good? Any better surplus pistols for a similar price point?
I'm not a fan of the .32 cartridge.
I have a CZ83 that I've owned for nearly 30 years now, Do yourself a favor and replace the stock sites with Meprolite sights.

Need some quick advice - tomorrow I can either buy a cz82 with 2 magazines and 450 rounds of 9mm mak for $350 or a walther p1 with 1 magazine no ammo for the same price.

which do I go for?

As a Canadian who wants a CZ52 but can never find one I don't understand why you don't just buy them all.

Attached: 39ff789a20fb47aecd714d2c2bb59ff4.jpg (576x450, 68K)

by the way I am leaning toward the walther p1 because I've always wanted one and I can't afford a p38

Because they're trash.

I'm about to pick one up next week. At the price they currently are i would recommend getting it, but as your first gun if you are looking for cheap surplus the Star BM will be better as it is cheaper and shoots 9mm parabellum.

This, i buy pretty much any and every gun that gets surplus'd and imported cheap.

(You)

You sir are a bitch. I love my CZ82 and find it's recoil very manageable.

CZ 82 is a nice little pistol. Perfectly manageable recoil and smooth trigger. Problem

The problem I have encountered with them is that they tend to stovepipe relatively often due to the small ejection window.

Also mag is pretty hard to pull out when clearing the gun.I would probably not use them for concealed carry.

Yes, it goes through 3a soft armor.

Hipsters dont buy guns. I bought a cz because they are amazingly comfy, surprisingly cheap, aesthetic, and low bore axis feels good mang

this, hipsters go to craft beer bars, art exhibits and shitty indie shows. they dont fuck w guns

Finally a decent contribution to the thread !

Do not even go there with name like this muzzie.
Btw CZ are amazing weapons, not that there are not weaker pieces but overall CZ is a decent company which manufactures quality products.

So before you post some total bs like this, be a little less of.... you know.... faggot nigger.

Nobody cares about your faggy ass opinions muzzie. CZ is a good company that manufactures quality products. Not that every piece is without flaws but overall this company is pretty decent.

It appears from your post that your knowledge about weapons comes from your ass. Trash are only your niggerlicious posts

they feel really gross

i love it. fucking great cc weapon. lanyard in case you got dem buttah fingahs

Attached: she 84 x.jpg (2576x1932, 1.09M)

oh yes. mag release is indeed fucking shite and the biggest knock against it.

bruh i love these pistols. you need to buy a replacement firing pin for the cz52 doe. love it so much
i do like o n i o n s yes

Attached: 20180811_224743.jpg (2576x1932, 1.33M)

you have to pull the gun 50 degrees or so towards you and bend your thumb to release it

Attached: 20180811_225651.jpg (2576x1932, 1.42M)

I like my cz.82, you can't go wrong with getting one.

The only hipster I know with a gun has an S&W M&P40. The whole hipster thing doesn't actually carry over to guns like it does to bicycles and beer.