Civilian legal lmgs

Are there any lmg style weapons that shoot 7.62x39 or 5.56. Something that can handle large volume of fire. That isn't crazy expensive. Only thing to come to my mind is the RPK. Am I leaving anything out?

Attached: rpk.jpg (800x503, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kommandoblog.com/2018/09/13/building-parts-kit-mg42-m53-mg3/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes you can buy a civilian 240b from FN right now

I can only find the m249 series and they cost a small fortune. am I looking in the wrong place

Get an RPK and a Gat Crank.

not concerned with rate of fire. just something thatll hold up to mag dumps well. does anything in terms of value beat the rpk?

AR15 with a heavy barrel and drum mags. There are even belt fed AR15 uppers but they cost a lot.

but wouldn't you run into gas problems. is there a way to beat this or is a piston ar the only way to counter that

In that case, I would say probably not. Maybe a custom built HBAR AR of some sort.

well shit. guess ill just save up for an rpk

If you want a piston AR-15 wolf is importing some nice Taiwanese T91 uppers which are supposed to be really good for reliability. Pair it with a heavy barrel you have what you are looking for.

If you want an RPK, Yugo M72s are my favorite, but I've seen parts kits from other combloc countries that are supposedly of good quality.

Sometimes you can find semi RPDs too which are cool

so the barrels on the t91 are interchangeable with ar15 barrels?

I believe the front sight post/gas port is all that needs to be changed, but I do not know for certain. Regardless the t91 can go through a lot of rounds regardless of barrel.
Try emailing the guys at Atlantic firearms to make sure

'Gas problems'? No. Heat problems, eventually, yes.

If you are thinking about semi-auto Belt-fed guns, you're not going to find any for under $2k.
The cheapest option out there is the DSA RPD and those are now about $2500 and rarely come up for sale.

No idea how cheap is cheap for you, but here's OOW's 13 grand semi-auto M240: oowinc.com/product/m240-slr.

RPK, semi auto saw, rpd, AUG LMG

Build an HBAR 20" AR with a us tactical backup 20 stock (rpk style club foot). Slap a M60 or rpd bipod on the barrel. Put a carry handle on it.

Speaking of which, is the m249 auto sear a honeypot? Seems too easy and for only like $200...

>AUG LMG
Meine nigga

Attached: AUG HBAR.jpg (4032x2268, 2.79M)

Just watercool an ar15
Works for my computer

You can do an MG3/5/42 parts kit, requires welding, but it uses an AR-15 trigger group. With some modifications you might be able to fit a binary trigger in.
kommandoblog.com/2018/09/13/building-parts-kit-mg42-m53-mg3/

You're not trying to top the Vegas shooter are you?
because I have always said this would have made more sense for Paddock to do with his money if he was planning to do the Vegas shooting.

You better not be planning anything dumber than magdumping in your back woods OP....

Attached: Not-Sure-Flanders-Fry-Leonardo-DiCaprio-Gif_408x408.jpg (408x408, 98K)

and a bump stocck lol

>civilian LMG thread
Perfect timing, I've got a question of a different nature but somehow appropriate. To those who served in the military and were your team's automatic rifleman (or whatever your national equivalent is): what do you think of the side grip? Would it be actually useful when you can't set up with a bipod or is it just something that looks nice but is not practical?

t. civilian that never fired anything heavier than a rifle

Attached: HK21_rightsidefull02[1].jpg (800x599, 559K)

>gas problems
What are you off about? Build an HBAR AR and add a bipod, or get an RPK.

Attached: E1630CC0-6B4D-427C-9E79-B0B8E72ADDE3.jpg (3594x2090, 3.67M)

Buy one of the long-barreled AK patterns out there right now and the new AK binary trigger. Boom.

add a bipod and shield, paint it green
>dig trenches in garden
>larp as ww1 cannon fodder including gas mask

Attached: wrong trench.jpg (297x200, 24K)

>That isn't crazy expensive
Not much that comes to mind, most of that shits pricey. If your lucky you might find a Colt LMG upper for cheap. It uses a regular AR lower, has a heavy barrel, and if I remember the gas tube has the diameter of a pencil to prevent gas issues.

IMHO it would be more fatiguing for your arm in comparison to a vertical grip just by the way your arm would lay/position to hold it. Assuming from the shoulder.

>Would it be actually useful when you can't set up with a bipod

If you can't/won't use the bipod, use your elbow as a mono pod or just set it on a log/sand bag and put your front hand on the top of the stock for control. Then again my experience was on the M60 and M249, never used a smaller/lighter LMG.

Attached: 33c3qy1.jpg (800x526, 58K)

you're probably going to be hard pressed to find one of good condition for less than 3k. I have the fightlite mcr and it's pretty good. they sell replaceable parts and quick change heavy barrels.
hit them up to see about sales they have. I got the upper for 20% off on black friday.

RPK is probably the best atm, legal, not too expensive, and plentiful drums and ammo. Easily converted to giggle in shtf. Could also build an AR lmg for the same role.

You could always buy an actual NFA item or lmg but I think that route is too expensive for what you get unless you really want to stick your dick in an M240.