Jow Forums book lists. I've been reading through the book list general Mattis had recommended (with a few pit stops...

Jow Forums book lists. I've been reading through the book list general Mattis had recommended (with a few pit stops, black edelweiss and storm of steel) however some of the books especially on the tactical level aren't written by service members like guns of August, are these still good to read? I understand from the strategic standpoint like Liddell Hart's scipio Africanus or Sherman but can a neverserved actually write at the tactical level without being full of shit?

Attached: 51OLqLHL9hL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (329x499, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.ca/Blackwater-Rise-Worlds-Powerful-Mercenary-ebook/dp/B0097CYTYA
history.army.mil/html/books/104/104-22-1/CMH_Pub_104-22-1.pdf
sendspace.com/file/g6gkvo
sendspace.com/file/x62np1
sendspace.com/file/h4pv31
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is the best book I've ever read.
> on the tactical level
they're all shit

amazon.ca/Blackwater-Rise-Worlds-Powerful-Mercenary-ebook/dp/B0097CYTYA

Guns of August I can wholeheartedly recommend, at least. Along with everything other that gal wrote.

I meant at the soldier level of experience not talking about good tactics.

Why?

Also I agree it was fantastic

>GeneraLARP Memetis

What's wrong with mattis?

not that user, but guns of august is one of the best books ever written in military history. it explains in detail and in context the strategic and tactical decisions of all the armies before the war. And it explains some of the psychology and national character behind them. in particular, i recall her explanation of the shieffen plan's contempt of neutral countries as having to do with deeply ingrained german intellectual culture going back 100 years, from Hegel to Nietzsche.

i didnt know anything about continental philosophy at the time and so i didnt understand it very deeply, but years later i can say that her connection between those things is 100% spot on.

Attached: 1383761029741.gif (500x281, 587K)

Some books I’ve read

>Meditations - Marcus Aurelius
>with the Old Breed - Eugene Sledge
>Helmet for my Pillow - Robert Leckie
>Voices of the Pacific - Adam Makos
>Island of the Damned - R.V Burgin
>Storm of Steel - Ernst Junger
>Blood Meridian or the Evening Redness in the West - Cormac McCarthy
>Days of Rage - Bryan Burrough
>Rules for Radicals - Saul Alinsky (know your enemy)
>Monkey Wrench Gang - Edward Abbey

Attached: EB42DF80-D8D7-4E10-8F90-75919BA141F1.jpg (1280x853, 659K)

Good thread op, here's mine

Sniper on the Eastern Front- Albrecht Wacker

Marine Sniper- Charles Henderson

Fangs of the Lone Wolf: Chechen Tactics in the Russian-Chechen War 1994-2009- Dodge Billingsley

The Bear Went Over The Mountain: Soviet Combat Tactics In Afghanistan-Edited by Lester W. Grau

Attached: 1484166349731.jpg (500x831, 186K)

Just a few I've read:
>Thunderbolt! by Robert S. Johnson
Memoirs of a P-47 ace in Europe
>Tigers in the Mud by Otto Carius
Memoirs of a German tank commander
>Samurai! by Saburo Sakai
Memoirs of a Japanese fighter ace
>The Fall of Japan by William Craig
The final months leading up to the end of the war in the Pacific, centering around Japan's internal conflicts. I found it pretty interesting.

been on a big afghanistan/GWOT kick lately
>one bullet away
memoir by the good officer from generation kill
>this man's army
if you liked one bullet away you'll probably like this one too
>war (sebastian junger)
duh
>breaking bud/s
fun, informative (inb4 somebody pops up itt to tell me it's all bullshit)
>sua sponte
pretty dry but very informative
>the only thing worth dying for
meh, it was ok

others:
>bear went over the mountain
dry but informative
>the centurions
>the praetorians
BAP approved what more can I say
>inside the foreign legion
schlocky but fun
>street without joy
french indochina, not bad
>quartered safe out here
best wwii memoir ever written
>guns up
found out about it from a Jow Forums book thread, pretty solid nam memoir

currently
>inside delta force
no idea how seriously to take haney but it's an enjoyable read

>>Monkey Wrench Gang - Edward Abbey
my mothafuckin nigga

Attached: 1-2-18BD-25-ExplorePAHistory-a0l9n3-a_349.jpg (710x1050, 403K)

Forgotten Soldier is the best book I ever read, and if you want a tactical level account of small unit actions on the eastern front, there is a US army publication called "Small Unit Actions of the germany Army on the Russian Front", which is a real eye opener. And it's available in pdf:

history.army.mil/html/books/104/104-22-1/CMH_Pub_104-22-1.pdf

Attached: 9054_1.jpg (1200x765, 189K)

Well he's a peace-time ZOG puppet for one. Most likely a closeted homosexual as well.

Anyone have any recommendations for the Civil War? I'm mostly interested in it from a military perspective, but I'm fine if it's also just a general history. I'd like to learn about the battles and general strategies both sides were using. Bonus points if it has pictures showing the battlefield. I've heard good things about The Civil War: A Narrative.

Check out House to House written by David Belavia. It's about 2-2 INF, 1st ID in Fallujah. Awesome book

He was a General during GWOT moron, not peacetime.

>GWOT
>Not peacetime

Lmao

If you think the ZOG desert wars were actual wars you need to go find what an actual war looks like.

The last war America fought was Korea, and some minor combat in Vietnam.

Protip: if the enemy force does not even have minimal field artillery or some air coverage, it's not a war.

>drumpftard screeching intensifies

Blompf is a ZOG puppet, so there goes your brilliant little theory, babby-brain shithead.

Attached: Adelson-Trump-online-gambling.jpg (620x400, 61K)

Then the Iraq invasion was a war, by your definition.

We Were One by Patrick O'Donnell was great. Embedded journalist with Marines in Fallujah. Pretty hardcore stuff.

Not gonna lie I binged Sledge, Leckie and Burgins books after watching the Pacific. Sidney Phillips' was good too. With The Old Breed is rightly considered the best combat memoir of all time.

>With The Old Breed is rightly considered the best combat memoir of all time.

By whom? It kinda sucked desu, maybe because Leckie was a beatnik type and the battles were not that important. Have you read Guy Sayer's book?

Fighter Group and Hell's Angels, both by Jay Stout are excellent reads if you're into the air war over Europe in WWII. The focus on individual units is reminiscent of Band of Brothers.

Attached: 51rbtgVag9L._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (329x499, 41K)

Not sure if your confused about who wrote what. With The Old Breed was written by Eugene Sledge and I've seen many historians call it the best combat memoir, and I just so happen to agree with that statement. Can agree Leckie's was the most lackluster of memoirs written by 1st Marine Division veterans.

Also no I haven't but I'll look onto it.

I might be confusing the two, but I read Sledge's book and found it okay, simply because the guy was kind of a rear-echelon type, mortar man right?

But I respect the Marines who fought the Japs as a result. Much more than the US forces that fought in Italy and Europe.

Yeah he was a mortar man but fought the japs up close on a few occasions. Mortarmen were frequently used as scouts and stretcher bearers.

As a SouthwestAnon, Edward Abbey speaks to me in ways I can’t put in words, he really made me think about Anarchy though. His vision of freedom is a lot different from your typical college campus Anarchist, Abbey makes them look like fascists

>You don't know what war is
t. Some guy who has never left the comfort of his computer screen

if you want an insiders account about how the entire intelligence apparatus of the USA and 5 eyes works for israel read this

every single intelligence agency is owned and operated by jews for the jews exclusively and they use eachother to circumvent the host nations constitution. its fascinating.

james bamford. shadow factory.

Attached: shadow factory.jpg (181x279, 13K)

Thanks user I'll check it out then

Read both and like both but guy sajers the forgotten soldier is the best

Thanks for these anons

One Soldiers War by Arkady Babchenko

About Chechnya and in general the disfunctionality of the Russian military

not kidding.
on jews and their lies by martin luther.

its amazing how true it still is to this day.

Attached: martin luther was right.jpg (564x770, 106K)

>angry German blames the Jews
That book isn't Jow Forums also even if it was true it would make you a social outcast by believing it so its worth nothing.

>general Mattis
Is a coward, a quitter and a mack daddy supporter of trannies in military service. Fuck that old homo.

>social outcast by believing it so its worth nothing.
being a social outcast makes you worthless
the truth can be invalidated because it will destroy your instagram likes and upvotes on facebook and reddit.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder who could be behind this post?
this kike thinks people are worried about being social outcasts.
where do you think we are?
I would sign up for hydra in a heartbeat if they ever had a recruitment drive in my state.

Attached: sign me up skull.jpg (1988x3056, 1.91M)

Attached: 91cLIhZc-+L.jpg (1500x2301, 544K)

Does this go into how gay the nazi's were?

Attached: gay nazis.jpg (750x1077, 203K)

Almost thought I was in an IMAX with all that projection

>try to convert jews
>they tell you to btfo
>get butthurt forever
the story of history

Attached: 115666.jpg (538x725, 160K)

did that guy also find evidence of the holocaust?

Attached: 1552535931861.jpg (1076x1319, 682K)

>Yeah. There’s two major — or not major, they’re small companies, but they service the two major telecom companies. This company, Narus, which was founded in Israel and has large Israel connections, does the — basically the tapping of the communications on AT&T. And Verizon chose another company, ironically also founded in Israel and largely controlled by and developed by people in Israel called Verint.
So these two companies specialize in what’s known as mass surveillance. Their literature — I read this literature from Verint, for example — is supposed to only go to intelligence agencies and so forth, and it says, “We specialize in mass surveillance,” and that’s what they do. They put these mass surveillance equipment in these facilities. So you have AT&T, for example, that, you know, considers it’s their job to get messages from one person to another, not tapping into messages, and you get the NSA that says, we want, you know, copies of all this. So that’s where these companies come in. These companies act as the intermediary basically between the telecom companies and the NSA.

holy fucking shit. just get rid of the 50 stars and put a star of david in there already.
Im fucking sick of this shit. lets just quit pretending at this point.

seething fag lover

God you are retarded, and yes being a social outcast makes you worthless, you'll lose your job, your social life, your networking and your ability to find a woman

No and no. Go back to your containment board white niggers

>believing the words of a heretic who started his own cult using the lords name

Bumping with a great book because Jow Forums derailed us

Attached: 1543642072509.jpg (326x499, 31K)

Also I'm trying to get through thi, it's a masterpiece but at times dry.

Attached: photo-0008.jpg (620x827, 156K)

why are all these posts getting deleted?
are we deleting anything that cant be translated into hebrew now?

Attached: jew takeover.jpg (1024x576, 92K)

Is there a macro of all re/k/ommended reads? Could be cool to have one, that separated fiction from non fiction

Probably because you are shilling political bullshit on a weapons forum you illiterate stormnigger

I'll be working on one soon I think, after I've combed through these book threads. I'll post and add/remove based on Jow Forums's opinions.

Couple of authors to recommend
Max Boot
David Kilcullen
James D. Hornfischer
Athony Beevor
John Keegan

other books
Relentless Strike
Rise and Kill First

>It has long been known that Bamford has no love lost for Israel. His previous books have incorrectly written of the details around Israel's attack of the Liberty, a US Navy technical research ship, which was sailing in the Mediterranean Sea during the Six-Day War.

The book details how Israeli high-tech data mining and surveillance companies such as Comverse, Verint, NICE and more have become indispensable to the US intelligence community. Bamford asserts that the vast majority of surveillance of telephone transmissions are done via technology from Israeli companies. He then makes the jump that the American intelligence community is placing itself as risk and that the Israeli companies will access this same information.

Such conspiracy theories are tired and old. For the longest time, there were claims that every Check Point FireWall-1 had a backdoor which the Mosad could tap into. Some years ago, the NSA even sent out a memo denying that fact, as it was getting in the way of firewall deployments at the agency.

As to Bamford's assertion of Israeli control of American intelligence, it makes great fodder for the conspiracy theory community, but lacks any sort of real evidence. What Bamford does is show that many of the founders of these companies are graduates of programs from the Israeli military, served in the same intelligence corps unit and therefore, guilty by some sort of association.

they must be scared if they are willing to print facts and lie about them
USS LIBERTY PILLED

Once an Eagle.

Wish I had read this before joining the military. Honestly changed my mind on a lot of shit (life and military wise).

I was looking into that book. Surprised to see it here. What are your thoughts so far?

Really? How so?

Very detailed and enlightening, honestly so much work was put into it and it shows. I'm not done with it yet but it gives you a much better look at why events happened or are happening and the motives of the actors.

Meh wiki says it talks about the MIC so its probably bullshit.

Litearlly the reason we're alive today and not nuclear ashes

Kissinger?

I've been looking for a book I read a long while ago and cannot figure out how to search for it as it just turns up other things about either Vietnam or just general books about specfic military groups. But it was a guy who joined the Army and I believe either was in the Rangers at its conception or like a precursor to it as well as going through multiple schools for various cool shit. And goes on to become like an Internal affairs investigator vietnam looking into fragging and other such things. I may be remembering shit incorrectly, but it was a cool goddamn book I read a long time ago but that was about the gist of it. Anyone recall this?

Attached: IMG_20190320_194749.jpg (2250x3350, 1.23M)

Seems very sensationalist

back off juden

If you want me to back off dont suggest shit books brainlet. Also I'm not a jew.

Not Jow Forums but a great book on how knowledge disseminates and is acted upon in society.

Attached: 9780465037384_p0_v2_s260x420.jpg (260x390, 23K)

Max Boot is a genuine idiot.

Interesting

Its heavy reading, but fascinating. Almost anything by Sowell is good and worthwhile. His most Jow Forums related book would probably be "Conquest and Cultures."

Attached: 9780465013999-us-300.jpg (300x461, 19K)

What is sowell's background

Economics, though as far as Jow Forums is concerned he is a korean war marine vet.

Nvm. Just looked it up. Never served in Korea, though he did join the marine corp. Still a very smart and accomplished academic.

I don't care for his political opinions on Trump but his books are genuinely enjoyable

not even the guy but just wanted to say thanks for the good reply. Will definitely check that book out now

I re-read Inside delta force once every year or two, its pretty comfy, especially the audiobook

Most Delta Force books are pretty comfy, no idea why.

I can post a few epubs, here are Charlie Beckwith's memoirs about creating the unit

sendspace.com/file/g6gkvo

Dalton Fury's Kill Bin Laden, the commander in charge of the delta dudes at tora bora (can also post his fiction stuff if you want, its pretty good)

sendspace.com/file/x62np1

Pete Blaber's The mission, the men, and me

sendspace.com/file/h4pv31

I've been using some user's bookshelves as a guide. I'll post what I saved.
Luckily I'm into memoirs, and that's what most of this is.

Attached: 20181130_021240.jpg (4032x2268, 3.12M)

Attached: 20190113_235947.jpg (4032x2268, 2.34M)

Attached: 20190114_000136.jpg (4032x2268, 2.49M)

Can anyone reccomend this boo/k/?

Attached: 51fxGf7+16L.jpg (371x500, 44K)

For the anti-war Jow Forumsommando

Attached: 220px-Johnny_Got_His_Gun_poster.jpg (220x330, 13K)

War criminal

Attached: FZ3vaRtl.jpg (640x483, 31K)

Tell me user, when did you realise you were a homosexual?

Why does Kissinger get so much hate? I'm a vicious antisemite, but I respect him. Same with Richard "you can't trust ((('em)))" Nixon, who put him in charge of American diplomacy.

Island of Fire - the Battle for the Barrikady Gun Factory in Stalingrad

The Oppen reading list:
On Thermonuclear War By Herman Kahn
*On Limited Nuclear War in the 21st Century by Jeffrey Larsen and Kerry Kartchner
The Evolution of Nuclear Strategy, Third Edition by Lawrence Freedman
Russian Strategic Nuclear Forces by Pavel Podvig
Nuclear Statecraft: History and Strategy in America's Atomic Age by Francis J. Gavin
Eating Grass: The Making of the Pakistani Bomb by Feroz Khan
Prevention, Pre-emption and the Nuclear Option: From Bush to Obama by Aiden Warren
Nuclear Deterrence in the 21st Century: Lessons from the Cold War for a New Era of Strategic Piracy by Thérèse Delpech
Analyzing Strategic Nuclear Policy by Charles L. Glaser
Making of the Atomic Bomb by Richard Rhodes
Dark Sun: The Making of the Hydrogen Bomb by Richard Rhodes
Nuclear Strategy in the Modern Era: Regional Powers and International Conflict by Vipin Narang
Building the H Bomb: A Personal History By Kenneth W Ford
Paper Tigers By Jeffrey Lewis

*This is a really good place to start.

>Michael Scheuer
Based. If I were President, I'd make him the CIA Director. Might I recommend John Mearsheimer to you? I imagine a fan of Mr. Scheuer would like him as well. (Mearsheimer would be the Secretary of State in the user Administration btw)

I need more military bookshelf pics. /lit/ seems so devoid of anything military related.

Most of the books I own.

Attached: books.jpg (3584x2484, 2.7M)

>Power
>12 Rules for Life
Both sensationalist pop-psych books filled with stuff every man should already instinctively know
>The Way of Men
Written by a homo.

Butthurt kikes

no u