Why are they still putting so much effort into this dead on arrival meme jet?

Why are they still putting so much effort into this dead on arrival meme jet?

janes.com/article/87318/uk-holds-team-tempest-industry-day

Attached: 300px-Team_tempest.jpg (300x208, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-Pakistani_Naval_War_of_1971
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberta_separatism#2010s_resurgence
youtube.com/watch?v=37iHSwA1SwE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Spend billions building stealth jet.
>While having zero force projection.
>And no nearby enemies.

Just britcuck things.

>no nearby enemies
Thats complacency right there, user.

even better they are trying to partner with their future enemies to build it on the cheep because bongs are failed misers

No, complacency would be living on an island and then decommissioning all of your aircraft carriers so that you can't protect your shipping anymore.

>have one of the world's largest defense/aerospace industries
>require replacement fighter
>F-35 can't provide enough work

Yes, yes, how dare those British want to sustain their national industries.
>be Armatard
>be obsessed with supposdly irrelevant small island

Kek, have you seen the other thread about India. So much for India joining Tempest LMAO.

Ah yes "no force projection" despite being able to field the largest expeditionary sized force in the world besides America.

Other than China, Russia, France, etc

Neither China or Russia has the force structure to deliver divisional sized forces outside of their region.

Secondly, France structures their expeditionary force to deliver 15k troops, verses the British 30k (to grow to 50k by 2025).

Etc? Literally who else? You have only three nations who can do deployments like that, USA, UK anf France. Nobody else has the logistics for it.

Why are you just writing off China? Haven't you seen the ships and aircraft carriers they're building?

India for one.

Because it isn't just to do with the number of ships or aircraft carriers.

Force structure and doctrine matter.

China does not structure its forces to undertake such operations. Is it possible they may do so in the future? Quite.

Though as it stands they do not.
Again, not in India's force structure or doctrine to do that.

You're welcome to point me towards any papers published where they state ambitions to deliver divisional forces outside of their region.

What does it offer that gives advantage?

>SMALL ISLAND
>SO IRRELEVANT
>WHY CAN'T I STOP THINKING OF THEM?
STOP being tsundere!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-Pakistani_Naval_War_of_1971

You clearly have no idea what he's talking about. Also
>Task Force 74
>Royal Navy
>Soviet Navy
all have exactly one mention, in the sidebar. Have you just edited the article to try and look relevant and stronk, Ivan? That's pretty sad...

Are you retarded? Do you not consider countries that share a large land boarder as relatively part of the same region?

Why do threads even tangentially about Brits lead to so much shitposting?

Because Russians and Germans and poos, weho are the biggest shitposters, all share a burning asspain towards us.

Whatever happened to the Harrier?

>Why are they still putting so much effort into this dead on arrival meme jet?
Because they want to join FCAS.

let me give you a stupid but accurate analogy. When people want to get into the best, high class nightclub in a given city, they put on their best clothes, groom themselves as best as they can etc. This is especially true of low or lower class people btw. They do this for two reasons:

>so they appear worthy of or belonging to such a high class environment
>so they appear to have something to offer (their prestige, their clout, their connections, their wallet, their social circle) to the establishment and it's clientele (obviously, if the best nightclub in London is full of tracksuit wearing chavs it'll lose it's reputation overnight and will become a generic shit-tier nightclub) which in a sense starts a snowball effect of sorts.

This is how the nightclub game works and why bouncers are so strict in high class clubs. Basic sociology really.

Exact same basic concept is being put to use with Tempest. What the bongs want and try to achieve with their marketing is for the FCAS nations to go "IMPRESSIVE! Mind joining us?". Their efforts are in vain though as France won't let them join. As Peter zeihan described, the frogs want to use Brexit to destroy the UK geopolitically.

You're right, it is a stupid analogy. Because it makes no sense.

It is beyond retarded to assume that a country would desperately push itself into a multi-nation programme where it would have presently inconsolable differences as it would lead only from either one party or another leaving the programme.

>Peter zeihan
Dropped.
Why are almost all the people who tout themselves as "geopolitical analysts" so utterly garbage at it?

It's fucking ancient

>Why are almost all the people who tout themselves as "geopolitical analysts" so utterly garbage at it?

Those who can't do, teach. Or write unsubstantiated bullshit on the internet.

>It is beyond retarded to assume that a country would desperately push itself into a multi-nation programme
And yet that's exactly what the UK is doing.

Except Zeihan is pretty good at it. Pretty much everything he predicted in his books several years ago is happening or has already happened.

Yeah, I don't like his arrogant persona either but that's besides the point.

It is a pretty good base though and would have been more profitable than importing F-35s Monkey jets

>Except Zeihan is pretty good at it.
I just read some of his stuf.. He's really not. You probably just like him because you believe the samne stuff he does, so it confirms your biases.

>no nearby enemies
>G*rms right across the water
>drunk slavs murder people in your country
Sure thing

Attached: this_is_the_enemy.png (437x258, 95K)

>I just read some of his stuff
Read his books and get back to me.

>And yet that's exactly what the UK is doing.
Except its not.

Please substantiate your assertion.

> Pretty much everything he predicted in his books several years ago is happening or has already happened.
You know I can come here any day of the week and here this exact thing spouted about a dozen other geopolitical analysts. These guys are like Nostradamus, they throw out so many predictions and word it so vaguely that they can always go "SEEEE I was right about that."
Also there isn't really ever any kind of empirical analysis of his success rate. The vast majority of good analysts, people who get paid by actual governments not shitpost on the net and write books, have a slightly less than 50/50 success rate for prediction. You're literally better off tossing a coin than listening to these people.

Didn't you hear, Peter Zeihert said so and he's predicted absolutely everything ever. The man is a GOD!
Who also happens to feed into Jow Forums delusions about Europe dying. Purely coincidental I bet.

>all this cope

Attached: stay mad faggots.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Of course!

Shame on me for assuming you need evidence to support your position! Brits BTFO! KEK how stupid of them for wanting to support their industries like every other nation!

It's weird how the dumbest retards always think they know better than everyone else. Congratulations on making an equally dumb fag richer by buying his books and shilling for him.

@40926526
>I have nothing to support my position, so I will shitpost

>high profile geopolitician and advisor to the State Department
>dumb fag
Ok.

Attached: fuck off and die coping nigger.jpg (221x228, 6K)

>I would let Peter Zeihert fuck my wife to give me predictions
Riddle me this, if he's such a good analyst, why isn't he earning mega bucks working at a hedge fund or something? And don't say it's different, the analytical tools, skills and mindset are completely transferrable. If someone was really that good an analyst, that's where they'd be.

>EUROPE IS DYING REEEEEEEEE

I don't know if you've noticed by massively unqualified retards advising the government is kind of a feature of the Trump administration.

>I have nothing to support my position,
LOL the entire behaviour of "Team Tempest" since day 1 supports my position. It's not my fault you're too dumb to realize it.

>why isn't he earning mega bucks working at a hedge fund or something?
Because he's a freelancer. And he advises plenty of people in the financial sector, not sure if Hedge Funds per se though.

Europe is dying, Europe is being replaced. Same as the US.

>In The Accidental Superpower, Zeihan devotes a chapter to arguing that the Canadian province of Alberta would be better off seceding from Canada and joining the United States.

Attached: laughing koreans.jpg (276x183, 9K)

Which is correct.

Holy fuck, the cope is off the charts ITT.

>The replacement is REAL Jow Forums said so
Actual demographers say it's not happening.

>f we look at US census results, we see that whites comprised 75.1% of the total US population in 2000, and 72.4% in 2010 — giving the impression that whites have declined in number. But if we look at the actual population numbers we see that, between the ten years, the total number of whites actually rose from 211,460,626 to 223,553,265

There hasn't been a single year since WW2 where the real number of whites in the world has declined. It will never happen. Calm your tits, bro.

@40926566
>LOL the entire behaviour of "Team Tempest" since day 1 supports my position. It's not my fault you're too dumb to realize it.

Give me a single example. Please share how you came to that exact position.

It's more the fact that someone would waste their time imagining scenarios in their head that are completely impossible. It shows he's a fantasist, but then that's why you like him. So are you.

>Give me a single example.
What for? You'll just deny it anyway.

Wrong.

Whites "rose" because of more and more spics are identifying as white and because of the fucked up methodology employed by the Census (although that methodology is changing) which counts non whites like Arabs as white.

Look up secessionist movements in Canada. It's well known that Alberta is an odd ball in pretty much every way, even more than Quebec in some ways.

Percentages and total numbers are very different, especially when counting non Hispanic whites

>REEEEE LIEEESSSSSSS
Great analysis there bub.

I'll just sit and wait for Alberta to secede then. I'm sure it'll happen any day now. Any. Day. Now.

Attached: condescending chris rock.jpg (500x500, 50K)

Mbt-80
Eurofighter
Carrier program with France

>I'll just sit and wait for Alberta to secede then.
Good for you, cause it's happening.

>A February 2019 poll from Angus Reid found 50% of Albertans would support secession from Canada.[30]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberta_separatism#2010s_resurgence

Attached: laughing_whores.jpg (240x200, 14K)

@40926614
>What for? You'll just deny it anyway.
You're implying I'm being unreasonable for asking you to, elaborate and substantiate your position.

Secondly, if you want people who read the thread to believe you, is it not unreasonable for them to also want sources?

Keep laughing leaf, the ball's rolling and there's nothing you or Cuckdeau can do against it.

Attached: bye cucknada.jpg (800x800, 69K)

What the fuck is this retard tier off-topic shit? This thread is about Tempest, not Canadian politics neither sucking off a TEDtalk analyst.

You need a doll to fuck since you like to watch women through a camera.

>He thinks it will actually happen

Attached: lag glimlag.png (325x312, 107K)

I actually didn't intend to derail this thread. Didn't think the mere mention of PETER ZEIHAN would trigger bongs and leafcucks this much.

Attached: disdain for cucks.jpg (400x300, 32K)

>if your best state secedes you win

@40926693
>trigger
You make a throwaway diatribe post and when questioned, refuse to support or even cite a single source.

You know what exactly you're doing.

>refuse to support or even cite a single source
I already cited Zeihan.

See, this patent dishonesty of yours is why I'm not bothering and will from now on ignore your posts.

@40926725
Simply stating someone's name is not citing. You need to point to exactly what and where it was said.

Point me to the exactly line where Peter asserts that the British fighter replacement programme was done out of social insecurity or they have been denied entry into FCAS.

>
It is beyond retarded to assume that a country would desperately push itself into a multi-nation programme where it would have presently inconsolable differences as it would lead only from either one party or another leaving the programme.
>he hasn't seen Yes, Minister...or a politics textbook

youtube.com/watch?v=37iHSwA1SwE

Someone has

Political programme sure, but not defense - especially if it screws up its own national acquisition.

>waaah why is this program with secure funding, industry partners and political approval continuing.

Tempest is happening and at a later stage of development than FCAS - which only started investigating design requirements 3 weeks ago.

Tempest already has years of work behind the design, plus all the transferable work from Typhoon and F35.

Meanwhile France thinks it can skip a generation of fighters and make something good lmao.

Its only hope is to kick Germans out of the FCAS and merge with it.

>Because they want to join FCAS.

The UK literally told France it did not wan't to proceed with the program with France's current specifications and timescale and as a result.

would not be contributing any more money.

This whole thing started with France getting rejected. This is why the UK still calls it's project FCAS as it see's it as a continuation of the previous project.

Why is this being marketed as a UK thing and not just BAE?

Because it is a UK thing.

Created and led by BAE

nope.

Created and lead by DE&S and the MoD. BAE is one of several Partners including MBDA, RR, and Leonardo.

The project is managed by the company with knowledge of combat air systems. So BAE.

>he project is managed by the company with knowledge of combat air systems. So BAE.

No. so the RAF.

It's literally three governments agencies - Dstl (UK DARPA) and the procurement arm of the MoD - DE&S and the procurement arm of the RAF - Rapid Capabilities Office

The companies are the next tier down.

stop posting and take a telling.

None of those are actively involved in manufacturing

so? what does that have to do with it being a UK government led program?

you think BAE (a joint partner with RR, MBDA and Leonardo) just decided to start work on their own?

Fuck off. You can't dig out of this.

Why is this autistic retard so obsessed with the Tempest?
Christ, how annoying.