Boogaloo Prepping?

Howdy Jow Forums, since the boogaloo is virtually inevitable at this point what should I stock up on? I already have about 30 days of food and water and little over 700 rounds of 5.56 for my Mini 14, and like 300 shotgun shells for my Mossburg 590. I’m buying a Glock 34 later this week. Anything else I need?

Attached: 9A42216A-97C6-4B15-8295-69089811A637.jpg (750x490, 399K)

Other urls found in this thread:

monolithic.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=J2eud_tEIj8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you have two standard combat loads for each weapon, you'll be better armed than 98% of the populace, will last through a ZOGbot firefight, be able to scavenge ammo (you have been buying NATO calibers, right?), and can focus on shit that actually matters while using your current finances on more important things.

>More food, more water and all the other basics - flashlights, toilet paper, etc
>Is your car running smoothly?
>Got a good first aid kit, and do you know how to use it?
>Harden your door - it's cheap and simple to install a reinforced strikeplate, deeper hinge screws and a couple of hooks that'll hold a 2x4 behind the door if you need to. That's enough to ensure they need a ram to get through.
>Fill a jerrycan of gas - gas doesn't last long enough for me to suggest prepping in bulk but a couple of cans will be enough to keep you moving through the initial chaos and if s doesn't htf you can just use it to fill up next time prices spike.
>A vest and plates

It sounds like you have the food, water, and security bases covered. Time to start working on the shelter, communications, and medical care side of things

Shelter is everything that protects you from the elements or environmental factors. Communications includes information storage and use as well as data transmission. Got your reference library started yet? Medical care is more than just having a tourniquet in your IFAK. It’s also being able to handle existing or likely chronic issues, as well as typical minor things like a cold or diarrhea. Start by taking a basic CPR and first aid class.

Boogaloo has been inevitable for several decades now.

Have fun waiting.

What is boogaloo?

What are your living conditions? Rent or own? Apartment or house?

Lurk more faggot

>since the boogaloo is virtually inevitable
there's the retardation

I rent a house on Long Island, New York but I own 15 acres of land upstate in the middle of buttfuck nowhere. My main goal for the boogaloo is to find my way up there, because that’s where I’m probably gonna keep most of my supples (and all the cool shit like my unregistered handguns and 30 rounders. Not all New Yorkers are bootlicking faggots). But in my house I really just have enough supplies to get me to my property upstate, and I’m wondering if I should keep more down here just Incase

More ammo

Basic hygiene supplies

A way to power heat and air conditioning for your house/apartment

Make friends that you can rely on when things go to shit

>no medical
>no toiletries
>no fuel/power
>no water purification
>food supply isn't sustainable
>water supply isn't sustainable
The idea of sheltering in place during a societal collapse is a meme unless you live out in the middle of nowhere. If you're determined on sheltering in place, you'll want to be able to live there indefinitely. Learn to garden. Build a rain catchment system. Learn how to purify water.

If you *do* live near civilization, staying in your house for more than a week or two will be idiotic once the looting starts. Buy a good backpack, buy a hammock, buy a tarp, buy some cordage, and learn how to fuck off innawoods. You want to be as far away from civilzation as possible. Basically learn how to camp.

Gasoline going bad is overhyped. It takes 6 months for it to begin to degrade, and then the rate of degradation is slow. Untreated gasoline will still run in a modern EFI car 5 years after the habbenig. It might smoke and cough a bit but it'll go.
Adding a stabilizer like Stabil will make it last a lot longer. they say 2 years before any degradation.
A lot of the "gas goes bad really fast" meme comes from the age of carbureted vehicles which are much more sensitive to the quality of fuel, since they operate at under 10 PSI and are full of little mechanical fiddly bits that get sticky and clogged up if gasoline sits inside the carburetor. They dont atomize the fuel very well when its being sprayed down the intake, so any loss in volatility will make it much harder to properly ignite the fuel.

EFI systems are running at 50+ PSI and have essentially only two moving parts, the electric fuel pump and the fuel injector, both of which have large enough passages that they wont easily clog from fuel varnish and the high pressure of the fuel flow will scour any buildup.
The fuel gets injected into the manifold much closer to the intake valve and atomizes much better. In recent years it gets injected directly into the cylinder itself.

So yeah, gasoline isnt gonna last forever but it is going to last at least two years without issue.

I have 3 vehicles and i keep their tanks full at all times just in case Cowabunga begins. Roughly 100 gallons of gasoline on hand at all times. Id have no problem filling up my dozen 2-5 gallon cans if things were looking sketchy.

One thing thats difficult to ascertain the truth about is EMP disabling modern vehicles. Its just really hard to know the extent of the damage, and what scenario it would occur.
Unfortunately the only kind of vehicle thats immune to EMP is the carburated type thats more sensitive to fuel degradation...

-T. professional mechanic/diesel motor vessel engineer.

why is sheltering in place in the city bad?
- plenty of shit to loot - sustainable water/food
- fortified position given enough prep time
- house blends in with the landscape and doesnt stand out like a cabin in the woods

Are you forgetting the fact that cities have tens or hundreds of thousands of other people in them in extremely close proximity? Food and water is going to be looted completely within the week. Your fortified position will be cute until you run out of ammo after a month and the rest of it has either been looted by gangs or looted by people smarter than you who took it and pissed off out of the city. You don't need a cabin to be camoflauged when you have miles of forest between you and another human being.

If you think food and water will be sustainable in a city you're an utter moron. They'll run out in a city faster than anywhere else. Not to mention once they've run out you don't have a sufficient amount of safe land to grow more food on.

But hell stay in the city. Maybe you'll keep the niggers distracted for a little bit longer.

Not him but heres my take:
Sheltering anywhere other than a prepared redoubt in a rural environment where you have pre staged supplies and equipment for sustaining your existence indefinitely is going put you under some serious hardships.
However, purchasing a rural property and constructing your redoubt and buying all the supplies and equipment is well beyond the financial means of most people. Add to that, you have to physically be at the redoubt when things go bad or else youre going to have to bug out during chaos and face all kinds of risks.

The advantage of shelter in place is that its more practical for the average person, and you dont need to expose yourself by relocating.
Shelter in place is essentially impossible if you live in an apartment or dwelling with shared structure like condos or townhomes.
If you have a house on the outskirts of a big city you would want to board the place up and make it look abandoned. Practice strict light and smoke discipline. Your best defense is that nobody ever notices youre there and your house is ignored amongst the thousands of other abandoned structures.
Unfortunately a modern american home is really difficult to fortify. Our walls wont stop any kind of bullets. We have huge windows at ground level. Often our doors are partially glass or have large glass panels next to the door, and a sliding glass door on the rear.
Actually fortifying a house like this would require hundreds of sand bags, fill them up and create hard points near the major entrances, inside the house so nobody sees them. Hopefully you have a proper concrete underground basement because thats where you'd want to live, but you'd better make a hidden emergency egress point away from the main entrances.

As for looting your own supplies, youd better be real careful with that. An urban warfare environment means a sniper could be behind every window.

Just faraday cage your car lol

I agree with a lot of your points, but I think my little townhouse is a little more defendable than most. I have three floors, two above ground, the entire structure is made of concrete and the two entrances and exits are right next to a hard corner. The only big problem I face is the large window thing. On the front of the building there are two large single pane windows that would be relatively difficult to board/bag

Good to know.
I still won't be stocking anymore gas than I do already.

I don't honestly think I'll ever be effected by any serious shtf event. With that in mind I don't really prep unless it benefits my life in the here and now.
Having a few jerrycans of gas in the garage saves me money because I fill em up when prices are low and pour them into the car when prices are high.
If gas more than 6 months old would even slightly degrade my car then it's not as easy for me to justify.

That just seems like you're prepping for a fantasy situation mate.

This fucking innawoods larp is gonna get so many people killed when they all rush off into the national parks and wipe out any game within a few weeks.

this, literally just hold a fortified position in the city until the government figures its shit out.

defending against exterior threats is probably the least of your issues. The largest threats in a boogaloo are the destruction of infrastructure. If the food or water supply stops, society in a city will almost immediately resort to anarchy. probably in a week or two you will have widespread rioting in the streets, as the populace will now be dying off from lack of sustenance. Usually, and very traditionally, when a riot occurs humans resort to our most primitive weapon which is fire, and most of your average cities will burn to the ground.

Now I can't know this for fact, but it's pretty feasible based on how our society views the factors of life. You absolutely don't want to be in an urban townhouse when shtf

If you're prepping for a "realistic" situation in a first-world country you don't need more than a week or two of supplies because you're only ever looking at the water or power being out for a few days, so this entire discussion is irrelevant. The whole thread is predicated on the threat of a societal collapse. May or may not happen. Probably won't. Doesn't mean sheltering in place in such a scenario isn't stupid.

Honestly most people wouldn't survive more than a few days innawoods.

>on Jow Forums
>in america most likely
>our government can't even figure out how to build 50 miles of wall for less than 2 billion dollars
>somehow during a shtf the government can figure out how to bring society back to its heels

as long as I have enough food, water, and ammo to last, why not?
also its not like I life in the MIDDLE of a city, I live in Jeffersonville, which is a city in Indiana right outside of Louisville KY, so its not like I would be sitting on Wall St. when shtf

Plates and a chest carrier

>Not investing into the potato meta

Attached: received_2229788780673043.png (720x979, 847K)

>two broadly different situations

What's the point of the box?

Get a load of this retard

You. An live off of potatoes for a whole year without any health risks except diarrhea by the end of year. Just eat salt and mix in a few other foods to prevent death by malnutrition.

I don't like spoonfeeding, but Boogaloo = American Civil War 2: Electric BOOGALOO. Electric Boogaloo is a meme regarding the second iteration of something and can be inserted accordingly

monolithic.org/
An under appreciated form of alternative housing. Nearly tornado and hurricane proof and are ideal for wide open land for agriculture.

>Anything else I need?
Property that (You) not the banks own that's far away from civilization especially big cities.

>I rent a house
>Long Island, New York
Oh okay, your fucked then. Have fun spraying corrupt cops and looters though.

Attached: rally really 1543280909790.jpg (640x480, 40K)

depends on the SHTF. A complete destruction of the electrical grid is probably the most likely threat our society has. If that's the case here's some of the stuff that is affected:
>water, you can't pump water without electricity. Water is the single most important part of this equation and is needed for literally every human to live
>communications - shortwave radio is going to come in handy but that's very low on what people own. Destroyed comms network = people can't organize and deliver goods to each other = food supply greatly diminished
>heat/cooling, without cooling tensions rise in summer and people consume more water, and with the water supply shut off people get ornery real fast. You have any of those friends that turn into a complete bitch when they're slightly hungry? congratulations, you now have a complete city of that.
>transportation will most likely be trashed in the case of an emp, or solar flare which is the most likely cause of this, which trashes all modern cars trains and busses. Now you have angry, hungry, thirsty people who are not able to get out or get anything.

most SHTF have some variation of this. Just having the supplies isn't enough, when society turns into a powder keg due to resource scarcity rioting is possible and your little fortified townhouse doesn't have enough layers of asbestos for when fires start, and they most likely will start very shortly.

America is a country that can afford to have this many urban residents due to a nearly perfected infrastructure of farming and resources. the first thing to happen in a civil war 2: electric boogaloo will be one side trying to delet the other sides grid in total war. You don't want to be in a city when that happens, look at aleppo and every syrian city since the civil war began there. Remember, that's a city in an impoverished country. Americans are used to a much higher standard of living and won't be able to adapt to the loss of everything quick enough.

EFI helps but modern gas is shit for longevity mr motorhead. Ask my lawn mower and dirt bike. Not efi but they can barely make it one winter before needing the carb rebuilt due to shit fuel.

gasoline as a compound is extremely durable. Ethanol is not, and ethanol begins to degrade after 6-9 months and considering all fuel in america has ethanol in it due to the corn lobby, that's what kills fuel durability. You can still buy ethanol free some places though.

This is true and is what I am pissed about. What was wrong with regular old gas? Why add ethanol besides help the corn farmers out? It gets shit mileage too. In before muh octane BS

And don't get me started on ultra low sulfur diesel fuel! Faaaak my

>why add ethanol
ethanol is essentially 108 octane race fuel, so when you add ~10 percent of it to really shitty 82 octane regular gas (my math isn't right at all) you get 87 octane fuel. Plus gasoline refineries get huge kickbacks from the government for supporting muh corn lobby.

You are exactly right friendo.

Lawn mowers are tiny carbureted engines and have always been extremely sensitive to sitting idle. Two stroke engines like dirt bike and chainsaw are even worse.
You actually confirmed everything I said and if you knew anything about engines you’d understand that.

Get spam and rice. Also keep buying water. Get seeds to grow food as well. Also fucktons of liquor

>learn how to fuck off innawoods.

So, an elaborate form of slow ritual suicide?

Something to note about hardening doors: They're only as strong as the nearest window. Don't forget your windows!

It's perfectly possible to survive as a hunter-gather provided you're not a sheltered retard. Especially if you have modern equipment. Get out of your house once in a while.

You and ten thousand fudds will be out there trying to hunt. Humans outnumber game animals by 100:1.

Thanks user :^) I just figured it was some SHTF scenario. I get the electric bugaloo concept.

Assuming the fudds don't burn down the forest, and said forest is big enough. Couldn't you just go deeper. Just forge ahead for a great while where there are no roads. I would assume a great fudd slaughter, in the first few miles in a forest, would take care of most problems.

Seriously, these people have never seen a national park on opening day of deer season. Cars parked along the road every quarter mile and people everywhere. Stock stuff at your house. Look at how long civil wars last, 5-10 years before a new government is installed. You can not live in the woods that long, and to do so comfortably, and securely avoiding disease, injury, poisonous snakes/bugs and other people would be a miracle.

As far as basic prepping, look at stuff you do/use everyday. You need food, water, sanitation, waste disposal, transportation, communication, entertainment, etc. Some more important than others. Store food/water and supplies but have a way to replenish when you run out, i.e. water filter, a bicycle for when gas runs out, a small solar panel to charge your phone, a deck of cards or books. A cheap 2 way radio set will allow you to talk to neighbors or friends. SHTF isn't only civil war, look at Puerto Rico, one year later and no running water

unironically solid relationships with my neighbors.

Attached: 1512702178587.jpg (300x300, 8K)

Yeah funny how a lot of people go to a geographically tiny area that they are legally allowed to perform a specific activity in

I don't think a lot of people here understand just how much of North America is wilderness. It's vast. And most Americans aren't even capable of walking 5 miles into it. Innawoods is a totally realistic if you have any experience with backpacking.

And where there is a convenient parking lot.

Do you think it will be better during a crisis? 360 million people in this country, most in urban areas. Everyone has the same plan to go to the same places.

How would one prepare for SHTF in bongistan?

Almost every single one has a four wheeler in the back. These people aren't hugging the road they're everywhere.

Elaborate on your plan. So you're camped out. What's your plans for the first week, week two, the second month etc. What about winter?

Yeah, so you realize there's lot more wilderness than is accessible with one of your hick mobility scooters?

Better begin stockpiling tea now.

Guy on a four wheeler will get to the prime locations long before you. I own land, I really don't care what you do.

Realistically, you'll only ever need to bug out for a week or two. After that I'd suggest roaming around, occaisionally looting, and returning to the woods where you have caches. In winter there will be abandoned to temporarily or permanently use, or you could just live in one of North America'd many temperate climates where winter conditions aren't a concern.

You still don't seem to understand that you can't take an ATV everywhere.

The overwhelming majority of people have literally no plan whatsoever.

Dragon dildos, canned pudding, and corn beef hash. Seriously, everyone should know this by now.

Attached: 1525449175743.png (432x348, 150K)

>Mini 14
Damnit I thought Jow Forums said that was a meme gun? What can a MD cuck do?

They do, however faint. It's always "I'm going to _____ house when SHTF" or "I'm going innawoods"

>posting this infographic
you have never tried this method

You're a delusional retard. Please, please try to start your faggot revolution so I can watch the cops gun you down on LiveLeak.

Are the dragon dildos for dealing with the constipation?

Mini 14s are fine. People shit on them because they are kinda of expensive, use expensive mags, and a PSA AR is better in every way, but Minis are still alright.

>It's perfectly possible to survive as a hunter-gather provided you're not a sheltered retard.

If everything works out perfectly, sure. How big a territory do you suppose you would need to support this ideal hunter-gatherer lifestyle of yours? It’s not just a few acres you’re talking about, boyo. You’re looking at dozens or hundreds of square miles, that you’re also going to be sharing with all of the other retards who had the exact same thought. The other factor you’re completely ignoring is how much time you’re going to be spending at it. There’s easily going to be 16 hours and a dozen miles between breakfast and dinner. I’ll tell you what, genius; look up Alexander Supertramp. That’s the end you’re setting yourself up for. Like I said, an elaborate form of slow ritual suicide.

Get rid of your mini 14 and get a good rifle.

There’s a nuclear power facility 45mi from me, and I’m in a desert. I’m not going anywhere, if it happens in summer I’m fucked

>if it happens in summer I’m fucked

Why? It’s not going to explode. There’s a remote chance it’ll have some kind of event and release a plume of radioactive material, but that’s about it. Just stay indoors for a couple of weeks. Look up the 7/10 rule regarding radioactivity.

youtube.com/watch?v=J2eud_tEIj8
This is you.

Yeah. I just mean it got 116° last July and that station powers the neighborhood; without a/c I’d be hurtin at home, certainly not gonna be walkin around out in that

Attached: B226DEF9-59C2-42B0-A494-88185A7AE2E6.jpg (4032x3024, 2.91M)