QTDDTOT: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Ask your retarded questions here instead of shitting up a good thread. I'll start. GF and I are going on an innawoods trip in May. Both states we are going to have constitutional carry, so she will be carrying despite not having a permit. She'll be carrying a Glock 43. I want a holster that she will be able to carry comfortably while hiking for miles, even if she's wearing leggings. I have looked into items like pic related but I feel as if they won't adequately protect the trigger. Any suggestions? Affordability helps, but I won't cheap out on her safety.

Attached: belly band.jpg (466x466, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gS6fGmYl-fM
ammoland.com/2016/07/englands-sort-semi-auto-ar-15-type-rifle/
youtube.com/watch?v=_eHeyWG-kWM
usarmorment.com/223-remington-c-1_226/federal-ae223t75-75-grain-223-556x45mm-fmj-500-rounds-p-3106.html?zenid=8bb320a539b6c252bb2b23a8273e8be0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Modify the bellyband.

Attached: Trigger guard.jpg (466x320, 26K)

Just have her fucking wear hiking pants and then she can have belt loops and a belt and use an owb holster like you should be using for hiking for ease of access, comfort, reliable draw, and all that other shit.

Wife and I like prana

Attached: prAna-Halle-Pant-Womens.jpg (267x600, 13K)

>carrying whilst hiking for any other reason that constitutional rights
>needing your gf to carry because your bitch ass cant protect her

>wanting your gf to be useless and having to drag her along in a crisis instead of being a battlebuddy you know has your back

How does a 77 grain 5.56 out of a 12.5" compare to a 123 grain 300blk out of a 10.5" ballistically?

Why does no one ever fucking reply on Armslist?

What's the best flash hider that's not 3 prong?

Who makes good offset sights that are small/really low profile? Why the fuck is kac so overpriced and why has no one just copied their peep, small foot print?

If she has to poop and an angry deer or a Somali rapist comes, she needs some protection

2 guns > 1 gun

anybody carry a M&P 2.0 compact (4")? looking for good IWB, preferably appendix, holsters. I've been looking at tier one holsters, I just don't wanna drop $125 on one and not like it. I tried 4 o clock carrying and it just prints too easy, especially in spring/summer wear.

Attached: 1552609737142.jpg (750x906, 97K)

On a side note my wife pisses me the fuck off too with her stupid legging yoga pants obsession when those pants are fuck all worthless for anything but showing your ass.

Not a fan of the ankle-tight variety, but they're comfy as fuck.

Attached: Sexy Flanders.jpg (640x480, 58K)

she doesnt want to carry, hence her wearing yoga pants, youre just being a fag

youre her protection, or should be you coward

so you carry 2 guns, nature is statistically infinitely safer than normie life

Why do so many AR owners run single optics? I run a scope, with a red dot on top of it. That way I have something for long-range target acquisition, and one for quick, shorter range acquisitions. Why would one have something that magnifies, without any irons/non-magnifying? That seems impractical, more so than just running a non-magnifying optic by itself which is also arguably stupid on for a rifle.

Attached: Eugene.jpg (538x218, 48K)

She obviously does or OP wouldn't be here asking about holsters that would work for her. Go back to Jow Forums you faggot.

A2 birdcage is unironically a great muzzle device

I have a ComforTac for when l wear board shorts (Floridian). The trigger protection is fine and it's very comfortable all day, though I can't speak for wearing it all day. I carry a Beretta Nano, so size and weight is probably comparable to a G43.

no, she obviously doesnt, otherwise she would already be carrying in her daily life, which she obviously isnt because she doesnt already have a holster and op is a candyass coward who is afraid of being innawoods and passed that fear onto his gf

Though I can't speak for hiking in it all day*

>wearing leggings while hiking where any manner of sticker bush to wild cat can tear them just by looking at them

What's the most patrician milsurp bolt action rifle that ammo is still common for (read can be bought in a Walmart) and isn't exorbitantly expensive?

I was thinking M1903A3, but are there others?

Yes. I use a sticky holster although I continue to experiment with others.

just OWB, anything like a band will start to chafe after a few miles. If that's a problem you can resort to the fanny pack.

they haven't reached your levels of autism yet and purpose built a rifle for that specific range and activity.

>expecting women to make logical decisions
>expecting women to choose function over form

Walmart sells Mosin ammo but I wouldn't for the prices that Mosins go for. Never seen 8mm at Walmart but any sporting goods store will have it. Earnestly, you should be buying your milsurp ammo in bulk online if you're not handloading, or else you're getting ripped off.

Acog works fine in close quarters, and many of them have irons or a dot on top

> Building a utilitarian rifle
> Autistic

That makes sense, but aren't scopes with decent magnification important?

never heard of sticky, just watched a few review vids, might give it a try since they are relatively cheap. I just don't want to end up with a drawer full of holsters I don't like, wish there was somewhere to try a bunch of holsters on before buying

chest rig or shoulder holster

Attached: 003_1024x1024.JPG?v=1471205219.jpg (421x450, 23K)

If I bought a firearm, scratched the serials off it, hid it in the wilderness, and the Police State came to confiscate my weapons when the future - will I get into any trouble if I told them I destroyed the weapon per ATF instructions? Similarly, if someone found my scratched "destroyed" ghost weapon in the wilderness and used it in a crime, can it be traced back to me?

Attached: Ghost Gun.png (890x367, 454K)

Wife wants to start getting into precision shooting. I want to upgrade her from the 10/22 she has now to a bolt action .22wmr. If she sticks with it I want to move her to a full on .300mag, so I'm trying to stay cheap. Thinking between a Marlin XT-22M and a Savage 93. Anyone have experience with either one?

Attached: StartEatingSardines.jpg (111x140, 9K)

Shoulder

just make one yourself from an 80% lower

Because a rifle that's short enough to work well indoors doesn't need magnification, and a rifle with a barrel long enough to work well at long range doesn't need a red dot.

Variable scopes with 1x-6x power are a thing now, and decently cheap.
For a generalist ar, its hard to argue capability beyond that

My girlfriend recently decided on getting a Fabriclip with whatever kydex holster some company will make for her. She hasn't ordered one yet, so I can't vouch for them, but look up the Fabriclip on YouTube to see how some other women like their.
I appendix carry one with an APLc. I use the FUPA from Renaissance Firearms because I saw the review on it by Tactical Toolbox, and I like it quite a bit. I live in San Antonio, but it's still isn't too much for wearing in the summer, although i print a little bit. Enough to notice IF you're looking for it, the average person wont notice. Pic related

Attached: IMG_20181031_230906684.jpg (4160x3120, 2.26M)

Oh, and i think it ran like 75 bucks or something. I paid extra so they could add my light to it, but if you find the aforementioned video, there will be a discount code.

does a k98 use 7mm or 8mm mauser ammunition?

That's one for google, dude.

Is it Vermont and New Hampster? We've picked up a bunch of const carry states of recent but I don't know of any contiguous

NH and ME

Tanker

Oh, sectioning AT? Because I would CC on those trails, it's a public place in summertime and infested with the worst kind of libby faggot MassiveJewShitbirds.
I got stories.

7.92x57 seems like

what's the glock of bolt guns, as in "it just works" general purpose choice of its catagory for a reasonable price for those that want one but aren't looking for anything specific?
I couldn't find a buying guide about non-milsurp bolt guns, there's a Savage listed in one of the Jow Forums poorfag gun guides but that's it. A cheap savage that comes with a scope seems to fit the bill but there are reviews trashing the factory scope and rings. Am I better off getting a bare rifle and scope and rings seperately?

Attached: cabelas.png (912x522, 140K)

Please tell said stories
I don't give a fuck about sniveling libs, its legal so fuck em

>chest rig
>what are breasts

Howa

It's a hell of unleashed dogs, rolling rocks, smug faggotry, matriarchal tyranny, and French Syrupians. Don't have time to type much now sadly

Will the up-swept style safety lever found on the Beretta M9a3 that prevents accidental engagement of the safety lever drop into the slide of any 92 series slide without modification or would it require fitting/ modification to the slide to fit and function?

>inb4: just do a type G conversion.
Just trying to look at all the options.

Eurofag here. For HD and possibly SHTF, I have the choice between a Baikal IJ-43 coachgun (hammerless, not like in pic related) and some sort of bolt action rifle (typically one in either 8mm mauser, 270 winch, 308 or 30-06) WITH some iron sights. I'd shoot 00 buckshot out of the first one and soft points out of the latter.

I know that these two are very different but I really can't decide between the two. Shotguns aren't an option, they are legal but must be rifled and need to have a very long barrel as well as a short capacity. I own a bolt action in 22lr and and lever action rifle in 357 that proved to be unreliable.

Also, overpenetration isn't a concern for me and I don't care for my hearing before anyone asks. The coach gun already got a bonus point for being short & easy to put in a bag when disassembled.

Which of these two would you advise to me ?

Attached: choice.png (995x737, 603K)

Coach gun for HD, bolt for SHTF. Pick which one you care about more.

What do you plan to do with your rifle ?
You want a rifle with an heavy, threaded barrel for long range shooting or a light one for hunting, property defense etc ?

And generally speaking, you're better off buying a scope & rings separatly.

Reeeee what do I buy reeeee

I want to work on my marksmanship but I also like milsurp. Do I buy a CZ bolt gun in .223 and a sight or save money and get a Yugo Mauser?

A common light weight rifle for hunting can probably do all of that just not particularly well. Is there a guide floating around for scopes and rings?

I used to think like you until i got a pair of thermal long johns that pass as pants. comfiest way to maneuver in public/

youtube.com/watch?v=gS6fGmYl-fM

Are straight-pull AR-15s an option?

I'm a fan, and they're easy enough to uncuck should the need ever arise

Attached: EURO_AR15.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

sks are cheap and bountiful

If anyone can help, I'm having a real hard time getting a standard action slide for my 500 FLEX. All I want is a magpul forend on it.

See

OWB is definitely the way to go if you are anywhere you can open carry without a fuss.

Lever release is another option depending on EU location, though I don't know as much about them

ammoland.com/2016/07/englands-sort-semi-auto-ar-15-type-rifle/

Attached: lr223.jpg (500x288, 41K)

Are SKS even any good for marksmanship practice?

Mausers are great for practicing marksmanship fundamentals

Actually pretty well made for the price point. Fairly comfortable too.

Lots of kommandos reccing the 10/22 but there's like 5 versions. Some guy said get the takedown. Does stock type or finish matter? 18 or 16 inch barrel?

They're accurate enough, don't expect sub MOA performance though.

The glock of bolt guns is Mauser, except that Mauser Obendorf is basically limited to making high-end hunting riffles at this point. From about 1890 to 1920, Mauser was the default bolt action rifle. The thing is, everybody and their monkey's sister makes a variant of the Mauser rifle so you have a lot to choose from. CZ is good if you want something that feels like a mauser.

>Lots of kommandos reccing the 10/22 but there's like 5 versions

There's more like 500 versions broheem

TCR/22 is my recommendation, tons of features, can be had for under $280 on sale, one of the best deals around.

That being said, all 10/22s are good to go. Everything else is just icing on the cake and preference.

Attached: TCR22.jpg (1350x700, 44K)

My AR-15 goes SPROING when I shoot it. What do.

Attached: 1551308686989.jpg (500x434, 28K)

Mine has been nothing but trouble. Had to replace a lot of internals with Volquartzen. I bought a break action and never looked back.

>Mine has been nothing but trouble. Had to replace a lot of internals with Volquartzen. I bought a break action and never looked back.

Your TCR? Really? That's too bad, might be worth warrantying. Do you mean you bought a totally different break action, or a 10/22 takedown?

You thank God every time you hear that sound, that you live in a country where you're allowed a SPROING gun

Attached: sproiiing.gif (475x266, 689K)

Sorry, not familiar with TRC, it was a different Ruger 10/22.
I bought a Savage rolling block, it's the best gun I have ever owned.

>implying OP's gf is over 12
There's a reason she doesn't have a carry permit...

Is it true Scar17s feels cheap and loose and stock wiggles and shit like that? I really enjoy solid feeling things even if they are heavier, maybe would prefer an LMT

I just carry in a fanny pack.So the holster doesn't get in the way of the hip strap on the backpack.
Fanny pack is cheaper, and its concealed.

Is it normal? I've shot other ARs and I don't hear them go sproing.

Those ARs are just shy.

>she will be carrying despite not having a permit
Doesn't work like that for non residents of the state

What 556/223 ammo should I train with and carry in my 16" 1:7 AR15?

Wolf Gold.
youtube.com/watch?v=_eHeyWG-kWM

Attached: 1535824082972.jpg (1366x768, 129K)

It's a giant natl forest.

Also you don't even need to be a resident to vote

Any fanny pack holster should be your first option. Concealed, comfortable, readily accessible. Not exactly stylish, but you will be days without a shower or make up or anything, so who the fuck cares?

For SHTF I would consider an older (pre-Freedom Group Remshit) Remington Model 7616 in .223/5.56 (aka the Menonite Machinegun). It's a pump action rifle so that should be fine for most Euro countries, pump actions are pretty fast compared to other manual operated firearms, and perhaps most critically for SHTF it is chambered in NATO standard ammo and feeds from NATO STANAG magazines. If you cant have a "military cartridge" consider .243, they might even have been made in .222 but that could be tricky to find.

Attached: 7616Police.jpg (640x640, 105K)

Okay but isn't 556 better for combat?

XM193.

Attached: 1517980000268.jpg (707x428, 46K)

I have a 16" with a 1:7 twist, NRA recommends 69 grains or higher. What do you think about this?

usarmorment.com/223-remington-c-1_226/federal-ae223t75-75-grain-223-556x45mm-fmj-500-rounds-p-3106.html?zenid=8bb320a539b6c252bb2b23a8273e8be0

I'll probably train with the cheapest 223 brass I can find and keep this stuff for SHTF, running it once and a while for practice.

Attached: 9c1.png (680x374, 390K)

I own one
I have a Knightfall Customs holster I like. Have had issues with the screws being soft and the face warping when adjusting for tension. Had to send the holster in to get one removed, then shortly after getting it back found another screw on it with that issue so now I can’t take the claw off.

I own a JM custom holster (for a different gun) that’s really nice but the holster is about an inch longer than the gun. Theoretically that’s supposed to make concealment easier but in an appendix holster it just makes sitting less comfortable.

JM custom makes good stuff, Raven Concealment too

interested in this FUPA to be honest, I don't need a magazine holster like on the tier ones sonl this looks promising, thanks.

Attached: 1550011685403.png (1852x1408, 137K)

Should clarify this was a screw for one of the clips and one for the claw, the actual screws holding the holster together have held up fine

Can any PA user help me out? Private sales of a long gun are a-ok, don't need a transfer background check or anything they can just change hands. Does this mean a long gun can be shipped to another part of the state totally legally if purchased in a private sale?

I have no state ID (long bureaucratic headache)

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (1280x853, 339K)

Wont that get in the way of the hipbelt of your backpack? Or will you not be carrying all your gear

PRANA IS LIFE

Ulticlip or normal clips for holster retention. Pic related.

Attached: accessories-ulticlip-xl-tuckable-holster-clip-1_1200x.jpg (1200x1200, 59K)

My GF got a Beretta APX Compact for a ccw and is looking for a IWB holster. Any suggestions?

Do you expect him to watch over her while she poops

Where can I find the Jow Forums library? I remember a site with a lot of PDFs. I'm looking to fill my binder.

have her try on a couple at an lgs, I tried a full polymer one from htc for a while but I carry appendix and it jabbed me in the thigh a bit too much. I'm on a crossbreed now and it feels great appendix or 3-4 o'clock

shipping is going to require an ffl transfer, no matter what or where you live. A firearm has to go to a licensed dealer unless they have a c&R and you're selling a c&R eligible firearm

not necessarily, but I'd buy a bren either way