Oh my god my liver

>oh my god my liver

Is it worse to be hit in the liver than in other parts of your gut and why?

Attached: E9CCF9C3-6921-4730-90D2-7A3EC8A93D04.jpg (892x480, 22K)

you'll bleed out internally and if you're not at a hospital very quickly you're fucked

He's Irish

I think being gut shot anywhere would be a bad time. Liver would hurt, but id be more worried about stomach or intestines. Sepsis is hell.

Idk tbqh it seems like it would be worse to be hit in the GI tract because then you’ll also have to contend with a bunch of poopoo in the wound.

that won't kill you within a few minutes tho

Liver is very regenerative, if you can stop the bleeding you'll be better off than if you were hit in the GI tract

Now I know animals and humans aren't necessarily the same, but in my experience a hit to the liver is much more immediately lethal than a hit to the guts. Generally the liver being perforated results in death in a little under an hour ranging to a few hours. Whereas gut hits can take days.

when people get ko'd from a body shot in boxing/kickboxing/mma, it's often a liver shot that does it

Attached: Rena vs Andy Nguyen.webm (720x400, 2.97M)

The liver is a very sensitive organ, a strong enough punch to that little piece of liver that sticks outside of your rib cage can rupture it and kill you.

Liver pumps a lot of blood through it, you bleed out in as little as five minutes

Remember the kid getting shanked by the spic in pay it forward? Liver shot.

You're dead kiddo

It's the toxins in the blood not the liver puncture itself

really depends on where. in the viscera you're hit.

LIvers + Spleens can hold up to 1/3 of all blood volume within at any one second. A shot there (unless you're actually in the ER or an open trauma bay) is going to be fatal.

I've seen 1 person survive a liver knifing and that's because he was 10 paces from the ER door when he was stabbed and we had the trauma surgeons saw the stabbing happen.

Penetrating Injury to your Liver ~ Ascending Aortic Aneyursm in terms of importance. You goin die if we don't treat it immediately.

your Liver cleans your blood so maybe because all your blood flows through it.

No. Puncture first, THEN contents can be dangerous. But, exposure of your intestines to stomach acid is hyper bad too, and often leads to further exposure of chyme/digestive enzymes to the abdominal space.

also, it's more that the liver breaks down damaged RBCs. There's some "toxin" removal there, but, it's more a scrapyard than water filtration plant.

Nowadays, yes. It's easy to bleed out from breaches of the hepatic vein/artery, which can't be treated with a tourniquet. Of course, there are other abdominal arteries that are at least as dangerous if opened.

Now that having your GI tract breached isn't a death sentence however, you're probably better off being hit in the liver. Your liver regenerates well, and there's no danger of your shitting/pissing in a bag for the rest of your life.

This is dumb. There are several arteries in between the hepatic and aorta in volume.

It's true that the liver has a pretty high blood volume, but the flow rate isn't especially high.

>contains 13% of all blood at any given time
>contains massive veins and arteries
>is blood-loss a bad thing?

Vessel vol (ie volumetric flow rate) is less important than the fact that the liver holds an immense amount of blood overall (ie. just the vol). Hypovolemic shock ~ vol in perfusion, not flow of blood overall.

alright, I looked it up and my numbers were wrong - it's 10% for the liver and about 10% (max) for spleen. My apologies.

Still, that sucks to get shot there.

I mean, it sucks to be shot anywhere. Perhaps the liver wouldn't even be so bad (would still be pretty damn bad) when compared to, for example, the aorta or pancreas. The liver is also known for its great ability of self-regeneration, which makes the healing and rehabilitation process easier and more effective. Still, without immediate medical attention things will get ugly, for the reasons already provided by the others.

>get shot on liver

Even if your next to hospital. if it does enought damage you will die.

Attached: 1551665121635.jpg (1600x1106, 220K)

How doomed am I drinking 8 beers a day with occassional few days off? Sobriety makes me want out and the only time I'm free is when I'm asleep or wasted. Anything I can take to mitigate the doom?

seek professional help - seriously. Alcoholism is an addiction, and you've gotten to the first step of admitting it.

You might want to seek a doctor, or even drop by the local AA chapter just to listen in on other people's stories. I know it's tough user, I went through it too, and I know you can make it.

>How doomed am I drinking 8 beers a day with occassional few days off?
Switch to liquor, you'll be absolutely fine. Two shots in a mixed drink, twice a day. Ride it out for about an hour or so, or until the ice melts.
8 beers a day won't kill you, but the caloric intake you get off of it will make you more fat and depressed than you already are. Substitute the beer for a lean liquor and you're both drunk to suit your alcoholism and consuming about 10% of the calories you once were.
You're fucking welcome.

This is possibly the worst advice to give an alcoholic. I should know, I am one.

Thanks. I wonder if my doctor would give me some crisis meds to sort myself out the first week? The first couple days of freaky bightmares do my head in. Thank god that's the only withdrawal I get.

Hard liquor doesn't really get me drunk unless I've consumed a lot of it. My metabolism burns off the beer pretty quick anyway.

dude, what the fuck. Don't help his addiction.

They're only really going to give you meds if you start shaking during withdrawl (Delerium tremens - ie. the shakes). Sometimes I might give a benzo to calm the patient down, but, we try to not introduce more stuff. You might want to ask too.

I'd also (again) recco AA because there arepeople who went through it there and can help too

>Ah-bloo-bloo drinking is an addiction
>I'm literally so weak I can't stop myself from buying expensive booze or just quitting cold turkey
>Begging for help
>On a fucking anonymous weapons board
Jow Forums was a fucking mistake

If you can help it, it's best not to have a substance use disorder on your medical record. If you can cop some clonodine and ride it out, it would be best. There are also other options like tapering (may not need) and long-acting benzos (should not need unless it's an emergency). Of course, everyone is different. It's best to just keep your mind and body occupied with healthy replacements and coping methods.

I could never manage more than two weeks in the past 10 years.

Hey man, a lot of people in my family drank themselves into the bottle, and it's not a pretty sight. Get some help, user. Alcoholism is a real thing, and I don't wish it on anyone.

1/0 mind. You don't want your brothers in arms to be in their best mental and physical shape? Shame.

Isnt it a genetic predisposition to have addictive tendencies? I never could understand addictions. I smoked most of my Infantry career and quit the day I left and never felt an urge to smoke. Same with drinking.

Really I think a couple sober weeks out in a cabin with fresh air would do wonders for my longer term sobriety. No money and shit job isn't helping.

Sorry but the faglord mods on /ck/ purged the al/ck/ threads so I'm stuck getting Jow Forums booze advice where I can.

yep. I found leaving my shitty stressful job allowed me to quit drinking and smoking.

Some time doing a STALKER challenge might do you some good.

It can be genetic, a learned behavior/brain development, or just plain self medication because of neuorlogical imbalances. When I found alcohol it was like opening up a brand new world and filled a hole in me that I guess I've been trying to fill. Years later now I realize that this was the shittiest coping mechanism I could have chosen.

Ayy, yeah I miss al/ck/. Fuck the mods, this is exactly why you allow containment threads.

You dumb nigger the more he spends on the devils nut juice the less money he has for ammo. Fuck you, get with the program.

Seek AA immediately.

its the hardest working liver in the galaxy