Guns, ammo, prepping supplies, range fees, gear, etc. Are all expensive as hell

>guns, ammo, prepping supplies, range fees, gear, etc. Are all expensive as hell
Why is this so? I'm in the wrong business. And they say your equipment was made by the lowest bidder.

Attached: 8a6.png (632x672, 578K)

guns are cheap as shit, so is ammo, prepping supplies, range fees and gear. Just stop being poor, interest rates are so low that theyre literally giving away free money. You could make a fortune by simply borrowing from a bank at 4.5% interest and revesting in the stock market at it's current 15% returns. You literally have to be a iq subhuman to not be wealthy atm

> range fees
Lol there are state run ranges here in SC, all you need is to bring your own target setup, guns and ammo. No fees, ID checks, not even range officers on every firing line. We just look at each other, give thumbs up for "gentlemens ceasefires" where we go to change out targets. I bought a PSA for $500 and a .22 for $100 which I dump with twice a month. I like to hit the pistol range out there once in a while too where I shoot my $500 Glock. I spend maybe $10-50 a month shooting depending and that's 100% ammo costs.

> Cost of target setup
> $30 for PVC at home depot
> Cost of targets
> Basically free (8.5x11 sheets that I draw crosses on with a sharpie on-site)

My .22 is literally $0.05 cents per round. I could mag-dump all day and not be phased with cost. 9mm is usually less than 20 cents per round, and 556/223 is about 25 cents per round both granted I'm shooting only brass (you can get steel/aluminum super cheap if you don't mind the fireballs that eject)

Attached: Yaet.jpg (500x500, 134K)

>I'm in the wrong business.
It's a super hard business to be successful in.
The things you entrust your life too have to have incredible reliability and endurance that's very expensive to create.

>it's current 15% returns. You literally have to be a iq subhuman to not be wealthy atm
You've never invested in the stock market or studied it.
The stock market usually hovers around 10%
The stocks that pay 10% have mechanisms or incentives to stop day trading because it destroys stock value.

Stocks that rise quickly to profit enough to cover your loan also drop as quickly.
Look up: buying on margin. It caused the great depression.

Dubs confirm, buying on margin (borrowed money) is a horrible idea if you don't know what you're doing. I've traded stocks for years and all my accounts are still cash-only.

If I don't know exactly what I'm doing financially, then I don't do it. I read The Big Short and am not taking chances to make a quick buck.

You can read up on something all you want, but you'll have to gain some hands on experience. Doing that on a margin in the stock market is a great way to put yourself in a hole.

That's a good idea for sustainable growth. Too bad it's usually slow but if you are diligent you can take advantage of the right opportunities and reinvest your successes.
Then you can start to turn your profit curve from a gradual slope to something close to exponential.
Of course you could always turn it into something resembling the shape of cosine too.

I work for a bank and we have Bloomberg on our lobby TV every day (yeah, I know, he's the Grabmaster, but it's only because of business news and our local news station is shit).
I still say the stock market is all smoke and mirrors. Trading money secured by money or shares, none of which will ever be cashed out.

Wait. Is he defending "buying on margin"?
>I don't know exactly
Made me think he was being practical. Buying with a loan takes real skill. People who manage billion dollar hedge funds are incredibly cautious when they use it and they are 1000X smarter than I'll ever be.
Let alone someone whose investing theory is informed by movies.

It couldn't cause the great depression if it wasn't real.
It's only smoke and mirrors to people because it's exceedingly complex. And people have been doing since Roman times at least.
People bought stock on the expected gains from the Spanish conquest of South America for christsake.

>Let alone someone whose investing theory is informed by movies.
The Big Short film is based on a book by Michael Lewis, about the housing bubble and recession.
My personal financial strategy is low-risk, low-reward stability.

I wasnt suggesting that as a viable way to make money, just that it's stupid easy to make money at the moment, you can even do it with zero effort like in my example and you would have to be an absolute dimwit to be poor

That's fine its a good movie but it's not something they'll make you watch when you are going for a business degree.
Actually they might. In low level classes with professor guidance to help convey the ideas to you and dispel innacuracies or in high level classes where you dissect the movie and explain inaccuracies and what should be done.
It's not the movies fault. It has to make its points in a short time and keep it entertaining.
Buying on loan isn't low risk buying with cash is lower.
What's more is buying on loan is a bad habit even if you are successful. A couple bad turns and you are beyond broke.

I'm aware of all of this.
>t. business major

Your method is inherently wrong to the outcome you claim. Unless you want to be rich for an incredibly short time and maybe broke for the rest of your life.

Lol...

> low-risk, low-reward stability
Same, I made over 20% returns last year on my initial investment. I would have made much more if I didn't invest so much into "risky" stocks with market caps less than 100M... But I wanted to go to the moon.

Thanks for contributing I guess.

Attached: Meme Market.png (680x583, 284K)

no, its not inherently wrong champ

>t. business major
Really?... What math have you taken so far and what business classes have you completed?
I'm a mech eng. Major and math minor. I've taken all of 2 level 1 and 2 economics classes for my electives and produced a final project examining the basic currents that caused the 2008 crisis. I'm a novice technically.
But You're using the language of a lowest level novice.
>that it's stupid easy to make money at the moment, you can even do it with zero effort like in my example and you would have to be an absolute dimwit to be poor

Says you haven't put much effort into your major.

It is because it doesn't involve any qualifiers like:
Investing borrowed money is a good move *If you have a few years of experience and some education *if you are financially stable enough to endure a loss*if you are dedicated and focused enough to do the right thing at the right time

Without any of that it's most probable that it's financial suicide. Or real suicide like those investors at the start of the depression.

What the fuck did you just say to me you little bitch?

I graduated Cum Laude in 2015.

I'll have to take your word for that.
Which "cum laude" by the way?

If you don't want to argue thats fine but some people might take what you say seriously.

Business school is a joke. I went to the third ranked university in the US for my particular major and I spent my senior year lifting and doing extracurriculars, still graduated cum laude (3.5 gpa).

I learned most of what I do at my job now during my first few months on the job. You learn super general information in undergrad.

t. First post in this thread

3.7 GPA or better.

Welcome to any hobby worth having I guess?
You'll either invest a lot of time, work, money, or all 3 into any hobby worth anything.
Just because dollars aren't flying out of your wallet doesn't mean you aren't spending a lot on it.

>3.7 secures a cum laude
Your graduating class wasn't full of superstars huh?

I think it's because of a large demand, combined with the fact that a lot of guns are not 100 perfected strictly for mass production. Kind of like comparing the MP38 (all machined parts) vs the MP40 (sheet metal receiver and bakelite trigger housing)