These will replace the 9mm

these will replace the 9mm

Attached: 11_both_5-7_and_22_TCM_side_by_side_horizontal.jpg (650x528, 54K)

5.7 without full auto and AP rounds is turbogay, 22 TCM is an obscure meme at best. Nice try though.

5.7 is already dead
22tcm is dead before it started

Nah, we're just waiting for the king to take his throne.

Attached: M57_pistol_DSC4385.jpg (1600x1068, 754K)

you stupid nigger fuck stop forcing the zoomer 5.7 meme this is your third or fourth thread for fucks sake when is it enough ? once you see a screencap on reddit ? People like you should be forced orange clockwork style to read threads similar in quality to this shit and then write an essay about it like tood fucking told you to. Bitch you probably dont own a gun neither have you been at the range, ever. a thread died for this, then agian it probably was some tank or ar/ak shit but it is 10 times better than the fever dream of a story you came up with to get your little "hehe zoomer" chuckle. I just cant wait for your reply, something witty and original like t. boomer. You little shit just cant help but to barf up threads like this to get your little dopamine rush everytime you samefag "hehehe zoomer". I am used to this shite ever since the greentexts frim Jow Forums stuff took off but jesus christ I would rather have Sneed posters up in this thread since they ATLEAST post some OC. But thats not you, you dont make OC, you dont contribute a little bit, overall your shit threads are a net loss in quality in every aspect. Stop making them, you little shit. "B-but the zoomer meme has always been Jow Forumsulture. No, no it hasnt, just stop

"no"

Honestly, I think the OAL of 5.7 hurts it when it comes to grips, but really, someone big enough to jump start more ammo production would probably be enough to kick off either.

Keep in mind though, I thought all those Staties carrying .357 Sig would jump start that caliber and it never happened, so shows what I know.

Still carrying the torch for 9x23 Win, or even 9x23 brass necked down to .312 bullets myself.

the death throes of a boomer

I wish the 22 TCM could, but it got lumped together with the 5.7 (possibly rightfully so) as just a meme. There actually was one company making 22 tcm AR barrels and I was plotting a memepunk pistol build, but I lost interest as I realized it was never going to be a thing.

>9x23 brass necked down to .312 bullets myself
So 7.62x25

outta my way

Attached: Case_Histories_224_BOZ_3_665_700.jpg (665x700, 270K)

That's the idea, but higher velocity, shorter OAL, much higher pressure, and established duty ammo projectiles.

>7.62x25
Great brass, but bullets are too big.

Attached: 223_timbs_master_race.jpg (660x371, 22K)

>I lost interest as I realized it was never going to be a thing.
Not with that attitude it isn't.

> much lighter handgun
> slight increase in capacity
I retired my glock17 for the five-seven.
Shot some critters with ss198, it tears the fuck out of them. I'm satisfied.
PS90 is just icing on the cake.

Attached: IMG_2578.jpg (1333x1000, 253K)

I've got the .22 TCM boltgun. It's an excellent little varmint gun, basically replicates .22 Hornet, but feeds from a 17rd mag. Similar ammo price to .22 hornet as well.

I need to get it threaded, I imagine it would be fucking awesome with a can.

You recovering any projectiles, or is it fragmenting completely?

The only reason 5.7 is a meme round is it's not in widespread use because it's only really chambered in like three guns. If there were more options in say compact and sub compact frames. Unfortunately because it has that perception the idea of making those guns is iffy. You could argue this is the same as the start of the 9mm again. There is still arguments over it's effectiveness vs .45

Sweet. The pistol is ugly :P

22 TCM would be the greatest with a load with reliably met FBI standards.

If you are going for low capacity you may as well stick to .45 or 10 mm

There's also the issue that the only civ version with half ass level3a pen (I've seen videos where some of the 198 didn't make it through the vest) is all copper, which means expensive as hell. Although I guess the v-max bullets are similar enough weight and BC that you could use it for most training out to 25m.

T. Muslim

the 9R loads do. Having to blunt them and the fact they're a softpoint really kept the explosive fragmentation down though.

>subcompact
5.7 is heavily reliant on barrel length to give velocity, and the bullets are heavily reliant on velocity to do their thing. Unlike traditional hollowpoint pistol bullets. A sub-4" barrel in 5.7 would be horribly bad.

>5.7 without full auto and AP rounds is turbogay
So basically we just need the GOA's NFA-killer lawsuit to succeed.

Something along the lines of pushing a 71gr bullet to something like 2000fps. I could get behind that. I would personally start with a 10mm case for a parent instead of a 9mm case, to provide that slight bit more case capacity to keep the pressure down.

If you check a bunch of Tokarev barrels, you will find that they oddly enough match the bore size of most Russian 7.62 cartridges (which is .310 to .311). It is almost like they tried to use as much similar equipment as possible...
CZ-52s on the other hand tend to be around .309.

close but faster and in western 7.62 preferably

>Shot some critters with ss198, it tears the fuck out of them. I'm satisfied
finally someone to take seriously. Start taking pictures and more people will join the caliber though.

>10mm case for a parent instead of a 9mm case
But then you're right back in the 9/.40 capacity issue. 9x23, .327 Fed, and 5.7x28 are all pushing 55k psi. I want to take advantage of it and keep those 17 round 140mm hosers for a duty gun.

>17 round 140mm
20 round, you know what I meant.

Then maybe stretching and massively hot rodding 30 Luger might be the ticket here. You still use mostly off the self parts (only a custom barrel).

> Stretching
> 55psk
Is that possible? I ask because Winchester had to come up with entirely an entirely new, thicker case for 9x23 to handle that pressure, as did Federal for .327 Fed Mag. If you just stretched the case, the probably already thin walls for 55k psi just got thinner.

If you're worried about off the shelf chambers, I don't think I'd trust an existing .40 s&w chamber blank drilled to only 9mm to handle the proof loads required. I think new chamber and barrel will be required for the pressure required to get 2000fps out of 9mm capacity. Shit man, 10mm and .357 Sig are only 37.5/40k each.

So keep the barrel length and just make the grip shorter.

Attached: G19L.jpg (799x413, 144K)

a 3-round burst Five-seveN would be a very decent CCW option

>t. only shoots .45 AARP

5,7 is .22 magnum without rimfire unless you get real AP rounds which are harder to find than unicorns. K Y S

A female possum invaded my chicken coop.
Hens were going bonkers.
I grabbed a light and my carry gun (FN five-seven, loaded with ss198). If I had more time, I'd have grabbed my maxim9 and saved some hearing for all parties involved.
I shot the preggo female possum at about 10 feet (reasonable approximation to human "social" encounter distance). Possums are not large or particularly deep from a bullet's perspective.
The ss198 ripped its side apart. entry wound was hard to see, exit was large as the bullet traveled parallel to the skin. I did not section the carcass, but it looks like the bullet tumbled (not fragmented). I think I hit some bones along the way. Babies were squirming out of the bloody mess. Animal was toast.

Several months later I shot a second larger male possum in the coop with USP+can (pic related). Using 147gr FMJ it took 2 hits to put it down. First hit probably clipped his spine and he was struggling along on his front feet only. Second shot anchored him. He was leaking green fluid out of his ass. Wife is doctor and she suspects I hit his gall bladder with first shot. That fucker had chewed up the wing of my biggest hen, nicknamed Butterball by my daughters. Possum was worthy of his death. Hen survives to this day. I did not section the carcass, just threw it in the woods. Crows ate it.

Attached: maxim9+USP.jpg (2500x1404, 1.16M)

theyre very easy to find, its just gray market so you cant buy them off cheaper than dirt

5.7 out of a PISTOL is equivalent to 22-mag out of a RIFLE.

.22 WMR has a well-deserved reputation for punching above its weight and is a great option for recoil-shy shooters who can tolerate rimfire reliability.
A centerfire version in a plastic high-capacity autoloader is nothing to sneeze at.

>5,7 is .22 magnum without rimfire

Idiot.

Just load 9x19 with light high-velocity loads you dumb ass niggas. A wider barrel means you can get better combustion in a short barrel and you can achieve the same velocities with redesigned copper bullets or just straight up aluminum/plastic bullets.

Attached: 54220597_2556617817898684_3025807037012377600_n.jpg (612x750, 60K)

Good work user. I can understand not wanting to touch vermin to do a full autopsy, I wouldnt either.
Sounds like the 5.7 did similar to what Ive seen in gel and it came out on the rotation for a good exit. A few more tests might be good to prove that you didnt send bone or tumble into spine for instant disabling. Im kind of surprised by the 9mm one not being out sooner.
Thanks for sharing in detail

> Why the fuck does do drills and competitions even have 10, 15, and 25y versions? Do you know the odds of ever having a self defense shooting past 7y?

so by your reasoning the optimal handgun cartridge is 185 grain .50 GI

cannot match the true power behind this round. You can take your special rounds somewhere else

Attached: 11.25mm.jpg (460x318, 14K)

>grabbed a light and my carry gun
Why doesn't your carry gun have a light of its own?

Attached: EGIaG7H.jpg (3264x2448, 2.22M)

2 major problems with your opinion.
>feeding reliably in every model of gun.
9mm is straight wall and feeds well even with slight variations in manufacture since its straight wall.
>logistics
its going to be hard to replace the most common handgun caliber in the world.
but im talking out my ass to so WHO KNOWS.
(cue twilight zone music)

Attached: 1450943701272.jpg (2448x3264, 2.18M)

M8 it is pretty ugly like most slavshot

My sides fucking lol. This is now the official 5.7 pasta, whenever some zoomer makes a 5.7 post he must be banished with this scroll

>feeds well even with slight variations in manufacture since its straight wall
I'm confused. Why would a chamber that headspaces on shoulders of the case instead of case mouth be more difficult to chamber reliably? Or do you mean bottleneck cartridges require a shallowrr feed ramp or what?

WOUND VECTORS

Attached: 200px-MarisaIN.png (200x400, 99K)

Do you want ancient horrors? Because that's how you get ancient horrors.

Because not tacticool fagit

Might as well use 7.5 BRNK.

Okay, have fun with your handheld light X-Files LARPing (oh yeah, so 90s)

Attached: 2A507C1100000578-3152789-image-a-55_1436305548859.jpg (634x357, 30K)

Elaborate

Attached: 1548719703759.jpg (245x250, 10K)

And 9mm is good enough for what someone uses a pistol for.

No, I've already said too much.

what is the power of the 5.7x28 on an unarmored target?

I've given it some thought.
An old acquaintance of mine once told me:
> all guns should have lights because even in the day there are dark places
> and dark people hiding in those dark places

Attached: tealc_amused.jpg (1024x576, 46K)

I've seen pictures where it went right through a femur, skull, or torso. No idea on fragmentation, or if it comes screaming out the back of people and into some poor sod behind them.

Brass fetcher shows the TSX load meets FBI pen requirements, but little to no expansion. SS-195 did not.

>9mm is straight wall
Spotted the fake expert.

I'm going to hit you in the fucking shins with an axe handle chimps

>54 KB
>Anonymous 03/20/19(Wed)11:26:27 No.4092
People who speak definitively are always wrong.

define "power" ?
If you're asking "how does it perform". It certainly fucked up the animal in short order.

I'll keep a mag loaded for you, my nig.

Attached: friendo.jpg (700x382, 91K)

>replace 9mm
>posts meme rounds
kys

If they're ballistically better and become as cheap as 9mm i'm down

this thread

Attached: 087.gif (326x281, 110K)

when you really like hurting things but dont so much like killing them.

get that sadistic shit outa here.

7.5 BRNK is underrated. I really like 9x25 Dillon as well.

I heard it is stronger than .32 acp.

>high-velocity meme rounds for remove possum and defend cluck
My brother!

I've only crossed paths with one possum since I started carrying pic related (65gr@2250+fps). I made a rather poor shot while it was running, hit it in the gut and nearly blew one of the hind legs off. It scrambled out of sight, but I tracked it down with thermal and finished it with a head-shot. The first shot was moderately impressive damage; the head-shot obviously worked, but nothing special to report.
I feel bad hoping predators show up, but I'm hoping to see what it does on a clean chest shot next time. (And I'll try to remember pics for Jow Forums.)

Second the other user's advice on a weaponlight. Even more than letting you use a two-hand grip for shooting, it also frees up a hand for a thermal imager when scouting.

Attached: 20190119_171142.jpg (2048x1152, 871K)

Too expensive just justify improvement.

depends on who you ask

9" for SS198LF @ 2100fps in two separate youtube tests on prepackaged 10% gel. Neither one calibrated with a BB, so take that with a grain of salt. Assuming they aren't completely fucked in their gel mix though, that seems consistent since the ps90 was the one reaching 12" and plus pen at 40gr.

Seems like something I wouldn't want to mess with for now unless I absolutely had to get through a 3a vest.

But you can actually hold the light behind the sights if you want then.

Or needed to BTFO small furry creatures, right?

Attached: for what pvrpose.jpg (323x454, 25K)

>it also frees up a hand for a thermal imager when scouting.
My Nigger!
I tried using one of the cheap ones from Torrey Pines. Useless POS, only good indoors at room-length distances. Looks like I need to fork out $4k for a nice one that does 640x480.

Why are there so many 5.7 threads lately? It's a shit round unless you absolutely need middling performance through armor out of a handgun.

9mm is slowly becoming the 45 for people born in the 90s

I was born in the 90s, 5.7 fucking blows.
Hail to the true Jow Forumsing of autoloading handgun cartridges.

Attached: 9x25.jpg (259x194, 10K)

I use an LTO-Tracker HD, it was 320x240 for $600ish (when they went on sale right before version 2 came out). I'll probably get one of the nice ones eventually, but this seemed like a good way to get my feet wet, and I'm pretty happy with it for the price.

It works pretty good outdoors; the main downside for me isn't resolution, but the fact that it always autoscales to the hottest and coldest objects on screen. If there's a 5 degree difference, it makes 60 degrees black and 65 degrees white. So a warm rock retaining heat in the grass lights up just as bright as a rabbit in the grass -- either way, it's the warmest thing, so it goes full white.
The LTO-Tracker 2 HD apparently fixes that, but they also took away the officially-useless crosshairs (it's not rated to handle recoil, and gun-mounting voids the warranty, but apparently it holds up fine on light-recoiling guns). So I may get one of the new ones soonish for handheld use, and mount the old one to a .22 or PCC as I originally bought it for.

The 18-degree field of view is also a bit limiting up close, but that's fairly typical for this sort of thing thanks to the inherent tradeoff vs. range, and you do get the knack of scanning it over an area.

much thanks for letting me know about the Leupold thermal site. Looks a ton better than my shit box torrey pines W12 or whatever the hell it is.

Lol 5 7 is just an extremely overpriced 22.
9mm isnt going anywhere not for the next century.

While we're on the topic of 5 7, any opinions on 17 HMR? Is it a valid round for personal/home defense? Any decent guns that shoot it?

Holy shit how many years have it been?

Daily reminder that m/39B out of a G17 will go straight through a 3a vest and therefor there is no need for meme calibers if you have swedish bullet magic.

Attached: M39+m39b_askar.jpg (1024x736, 266K)

HIGHSPEEDwhatsdrag?
As others have said pretty bullet, ugly pistol. Maybe get CZ to make a nice gun for it?
>Discussing future cartridges.
>Not telescoped or even polymer cased.
You have no place in the future, old man.

Attached: Telescoped-Ammunition-Feature2.jpg (770x443, 61K)

> becoming like .45
People like 9mm because it's cheap and gud 'nuff. .45 actually has people who will pay a premium for the round. You really think the 90s kids would pay extra of something was cheaper than 9mm?

5.7 is trash

how the fuck are you supposed to reload a plastic case

you can't

suitable for small critters. wounds are superficial compared to 5.7. Would still hurt like fuck I'm sure, but I'd want something larger that tumbled/fragmented.

>underrated

More than 3 people need to own one before anybody can "rate" it at all.

Telescoping cases will solve the primary problem of 5.7x28. When we can trim that longboi down then we might see renewed interest since the round won't need such long grips anymore.

Then again, they might just go nuts and try to standardize a service rifle caliber in a pistol. Telescoped 5.56 in a handgun?

The primary problem of 5.7 as far as I can tell is just not enough mass to dig through people. If you're just going by Newton's penetrator math, it should only come down to SD, but once again, real life meat seems to be more complicated.

For whatever reason, 40gr just doesn't seem to sink in as deep as 115gr/160gr/whatever the fuck .45 weighs does.

I really do wonder if FN or HK hadn't been designed primarily with SBRs in mind and started from the get-go with 5" pistols if something around a .30 bullet would still have been so terrible.