/brg/ - Battle Rifle General #14 - Outdated but Not Obsolete Edition

SCAR grip booly zone.
Gun insurance policy comparisons.
Assault muzzle brakes: fuck your friends comfort.
No trips to contain.
PTR or FAL? Yes!
Maylasian L2A2: Jew the Brassjew.
BREN 2 never ever.
M1A and other mistakes.

Attached: scar17s-fde.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmtdefense.com/firearms/lm308mwse
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This fucking gun is never around in fde when I have the money then when I’m broke again they appear. Sick of this shit

>Hey where did that 5k I just had go
Pretty much

Still waiting on my LMT South American .308. called yesterday and they said it was ready to ship and just waiting for ups. Hoping to have it by Friday.

You bought one? Nice. Glad we'll have one in /brg/.
What scope?

>LMT South American
Where'd you get yours from?

>LMT South American .308
Dafuq is that, a model? Show

FUcking whores etc. I dont date anymore just pay for it.. should just jerk off n save $ for a .308

No idea what he's on about

>this bitch trying to sell me pussy shieeet
Yeah wtf are you doing son. Pussy over guns when you can jerk it for free?
How much are whores? I've dodged more pussy than most men get

its the green non ambi LMT MWS that went on sale a couple weeks ago

Dope! Want!

What's her name user

Attached: 20190305_152815.jpg (4032x1960, 2.37M)

This it? Hot! No pic of green tho
lmtdefense.com/firearms/lm308mwse

Lmt has always been heavy but “solid” in feel... have herd scar17s can feel cheap and stock wiggles or something.. not sure if true tho

>Holland Sight
My Nigga. Only good FAL sight.

Someone should make a better G3 rear sight.

Ur mom would.

The SCAR basically feels like an AR, for better or worse.

Attached: 562E6413-A5AB-4E52-9720-6450C16B097C.jpg (548x716, 45K)

How accurate is the SCAR?

sub-MOA with good ammo

Supposedly pretty good/above average

I finally took the plunge and got an Elcan. It's really neat.

Attached: SCAR 17s Elcan.jpg (1210x1613, 1.16M)

Why can't they make that fucking ACSS ACOG in FDE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Looks great user gj

Thanks, user. Only issue I have is that I can't get truly perfect eye relief without installing the optic over the rear sight, but if I'm in a situation where my optic is fucked and I gotta pop it off to get to my irons, then fuck me anyways. I could just take the rear sight off and move it back two notches, but then I'd have to re-zero that and I dun wanna.

>Maylasian L2A2: Jew the Brassjew

Could you please explain this? Thank you kindly.

Why did you bother getting a brown one if you were just going to cover in in black shit?

The only thing on a SpecterDR that's going to break is the ARMS mount that's tragically built into it, and if you call Elcan they can hook you up with the v2 levers that are slightly less awful.

That was all I could find at the time. There was a 5 year period when they were extremely hard to find, almost impossible. Especially when Sandy Hook when down, holy fuck bro. It looks bronze in natural light, though. I like it.

NON RE-LOADABLE

Does the handle make you drag your knuckles on the scope mount?

Not yet, I've been trying to see if that happens and I haven't made it happen. This motherfucker though, if you don't have a modded charging handle like this here Manticore Switchback you will be bleeding within 3 mins of shooting this rifle. The SCAR hasn't bitten me so far.

Attached: Steyr AUG modded.jpg (1210x1613, 1.12M)

Why can't FN engineer a gun that doesn't feel like a bloated fish?

Wrong side, my bad. Charging handle is in this pic.

Attached: Steyr AUG modded 2.jpg (1210x1613, 1.1M)

there won't be anymore. your only bet is seeing if anyone bought one to sell. check armslist or gunbroker or something

How can FN even compete?

Attached: Slav SCAR.jpg (1280x720, 153K)

My, that's a big one.
How are you liking the green EOTech? I've heard that they're obnoxiously fuzzy even if you aren't an astigmatic.

I actually haven't had any problems with the fuzziness. I know Garand Thumb wasn't a fan and thought it was not ideal, but I like it just as much as the two red ones I have. I don't turn them up very high, though. Just enough for clarity and ease of pickup. Even my red ones bloom if I get too crazy with it.

SCARs feel like an AR if it were/had
>top heavy
>nose heavy
>bulky front
>shit CH placement near top rail and reciprocation
>cheap plastic lower and stock
>fragile mag base plates
>basedboi pencil barrel
>retardedly massive BCG
>ergos and accessory/sling options from 2000
The iron sights are pretty good though.

Attached: 8B731E2E-F932-41BB-9F6A-7EA285166267.gif (400x320, 1.75M)

Ah! I see. Thank you my kind man.

Help I have autism

Attached: 20190320_190753.jpg (3264x2448, 1.55M)

quit being such a whiny bitch; rifle is fine

Great roast, bro! Do me do me!

Attached: 736BDD22-9E48-4896-BA57-995C8430C912.jpg (2000x465, 74K)

She’d be smiling if she were shooting the Scar

They both good

Nice set up! How much did all that cost?

I want the CZ Bren 2 BR 308. Any idea if/when it's coming to the civilian market?

Attached: Chelsea_1.jpg (3159x3024, 2.61M)

>Any idea if/when it's coming to the civilian market?
never ever

>soon

Attached: Snapchat-1185609381-1.jpg (1440x2572, 251K)

Go play Legos

Never had one, but it didn't pass the two desert autists' mud test.

Perkele!

I will be very disappointed if you're right.

What do you plan on doing with that?

Attached: Chelsea_2.jpg (3314x3024, 3.43M)

Turn an arm kit into a preban like 308 galil

THat looks like a fun gun to shoot user. Fuck I need to get an AR again

>BREN 2 > SCAR > APC 308
>Slav practicality > Greedy Belgians > Greedier Mountain Autists
>Actual waffle pattern on lower > no waffle pattern even though Belgian > Swiss industrial minimalism with zero personality
>Carbon fiber reinforced lower > plastic from 2005 > steals everything from SCAR, too lazy to change lower look
>fully ambi controls with trigger guard bolt hold/release > lazy ergos from 2005 > better than SCAR not as good as BREN
>non-reciprocating CH > JUST > JUST

Attached: CZ-BREN2-BR-Opening.jpg (1170x610, 309K)

Attached: fugly.jpg (1170x610, 166K)

>my vaporware is the greatest

New Aero M5 build

Attached: 20190320_231836.jpg (1059x1412, 560K)

Kek

not bad, how long dat burrl?

How much is this Tremor s'posed to sell for anyway?

It's a Faxon 18" rifle gas, heavy profile, fluted, 5R rifling.

Attached: 10B810R18FHQ-5R-NP3-004__41670.1506708458.jpg (749x351, 20K)

I'm sure this has been asked before, but will an FAL accept commercial .308? If so, whats the best load to roll with? I've acquired a Israeli FAL and am looking to shoot it ASAP. Unfortunately no mil grade 7.62x51 around.

>*PSSTT* *SIP* *AH*
>SPECIAL OPERATIONS FORCES Combat Assault Rifle for REAL NAVY SEALS (Thank you for your service)
>now THAT is a battle rifle

Attached: Average SCAR buyer.png (380x349, 77K)

It done

Attached: IMG_20190320_200205_01.jpg (3456x4608, 3.39M)

Wait, can you build out a .308 Galil with an ARM kit, receiver and bolt, and I'm assuming new barrel? Where do you source the barrel? Details please, that's a fucking awesome kit build.

Attached: E85AD438-B1D9-4588-9061-090EA9EA47D9.gif (355x360, 1.82M)

If being able to appreciate the mid-00s design philosophy of the SOF Combat Assault Rifle makes me a 30yo Boomer, so be it.
Rifle is fine, just ludicrously overpriced for an aluminum extrusion with a bunch of shit screwed into it.

Attached: A66EE149-BE74-4641-A1B3-04F62115328A.gif (177x210, 2.12M)

I'm making the barrel because they are unobtainium. This is a test peice to see if the specs I got are right and to help set headspace

Attached: test-1.png (1292x2485, 1.75M)

To anwser your question yes you can. You need mags, bolt, receiver and barrel plus an arm surplus kit

Attached: 20181108_155224.jpg (4160x2080, 2.11M)

The main thing I regret is going with the 3x Steiner prism optic. It's nice and all, but I really should have got a 1-8 Trijicon or some other nice LPVO. The Steiner is 7.62 BDC reticle, so I can't just swap it onto one of my AR15.

What about Galil 7.62x39 barrels? No good on the rifling twist rate? The bore diameter would work though, .308 bullets perform alright out of a .311 barrel.

>The Steiner is 7.62 BDC reticle, so I can't just swap it onto one of my AR15.
There are load and barrel length combinations that are a lot closer than you'd expect.

Seems like a pretty nice combat optic. What do you dislike about it?

This is true, especially under 600 yards or so.

Sneaky berdan primed brass case. Will destroy a decapping die rod if you attempt to remove a berdan primer.

Attached: Boxer-vs.-Berdan-primers-comparison-1.jpg (1000x500, 137K)

I had not looked into that. Already sank money on tooling and a 308 blank. Threads might not be the same and I'm already balls deep in this.

I have hit a bit of a snag when screwing my fal receiver on the barrel. It seats fully at the ten o clock position and is a bitch to hand tighten. Do I just take some material off the barrel shoulder?

Attached: 1552683477746.png (751x684, 683K)

Not that I dislike the Steiner, works great, it is definitely a step up in quality from Burris or Vortex prisms. Just when I started the build I had planned on an LPVO and had a hardon for that Trijicon Accupower 1-8. Think it would be a better choice, but oh well maybe someday.

If I had one gripe about the Steiner it's the mount. Rail attachment portion of the mount sits right below the optic. Instead of like an Acog where it's offset forward, so it leaves room for a BUIS to the rear. If you look back at my pic, and where I had to mount it for eye relief, no way to fit a BUIS on there.

Yeah, and if I'm being totally honest and not trying to LARP, I really don't use a BDC much if ever. Shit my normal range goes 100yds max LOL. So yeah guess I could throw it on one of them.

Working on my M1A tonight. Clearing gas cylinder from the front ferrule, adding a front rail for a bipod, adding a scope mount. Breaking out the drill, Dremel, and epoxy. Wish me luck anons. (Not really a big deal but I get nervous making irreversible changes to things, even just a stock.)

OK, that all makes sense. I've been considering the Trijicon Accupower 1-6x on my PTR-91 (inb4 poorfag) but that Steiner looks really nice for the price. It looks like it would sit high enough to clear the rear sight, I'm just loathe to have to remove the rear drum sight just to mount an optic. I'm looking for durability, a true combat rugged optic for this rifle and I've been trying to find an alternative to an Elcan or an ACOG with mixed success. I still may go with the Accupower first and if it doesn't feel right I can slap that on a 20" AR I've got and then get the Steiner.

Fair enough, it is even more impressive to go from scratch. from what I remember, most .308 boat tail bullets will engage with the rifling of a .311 bore for a Warsaw pact gun like an AK or a PSL or whatever but the twist rate limits the choice of bullets somewhat. I worked for a company that built AKs for a while and the owner and I had a discussion about hand loading subsonic 7.62x39 rounds. If I recall correctly he had used 150-180 grain .308 bullets with reasonable success.

What regular ball .308 do you guys shoot that's reasonable price, quality, and accuracy? Right now all I have stocked up is Federal GMM 175gr HPBT I shoot in my Ruger Precision Rifle. But I can't just be blasting that shit all day in my AR10.

I knew you could shoot 0.308 projectiles out of 0.311 bores for the same reason. I had the opportunity to get ahold of someone who was in possession of 308 galil barrels and I asked for measurements. I think based on what I have I'll be able to tweak it and come out with a functional barrel. It nice most everything else is commercially available and not scarce. I was thinking of making a run of 3-5 more if they turned out well

Forgot pic

Attached: Attach22691_20190305_210712.jpg (2250x3000, 672K)

As a europoor this discussion angers and saddens me; how great to be able to fiddle with obscure things like this as free men, damn it all

Battle Rifle and a Bass Guitar

Attached: 1507012652558.jpg (960x631, 54K)

Just avoid hot and heavy hunting loads. 762 150gr and 556 55gr are close enough for 3x and a BR
Were rooting for you user

I've got somebody willing to sell me his Galil ARM in .308.
What would be a fair offer?

If the barrel is the only hard part I'd buy one off you if it worked. Always wanted a Galil.
I don't even get pleasure from booli anymore, just sadness. So sorry Yurononomous. Hopefully war breaks out and we can liberate you.

Drop me an email and I'll contact you in about 4 months if it works out.
Depending on condition 2.5k is a good general ballpark. If you can get it for 2k it's a steal

It's a Magnum Research-Imported IMI model 332 with a factory mount and scope, 6 mags, extra .308 bolt, and sling.
I'm currently waiting for pics to see what kind of condition it is in.

From what I heard, it was Malaysian army decision to prevent their issued ammunition being reused by Communist terrorist during 1970-1989 Insurgency. Same thing with their 5.56mm rounds.

It's not true at all lol
How do you like it user, trying to pick my optic still so any critique/positives for elcan would be nice to hear

Attached: IMG_20190320_170955.jpg (4032x3024, 3.95M)

How is your holo holding up? Always reading how the rifle abuses optics, is it a certain mount type or just random bad luck?