With the 509 Tactical out, is there any reason to buy an FNX...

With the 509 Tactical out, is there any reason to buy an FNX .45 Tactical unless you live in a restricted magazine state?

Attached: FNX_45_T_FDE_Rotators_1--1611x1275.jpg (1611x1275, 192K)

I dunno. I picked up the M17 and saw that on display, had no idea it even existed. Sonofa... but they’re all cool in different ways

yeah, if you want a .45

Can’t have the threaded barrel in California either, have to pay to switch it out as well as get ahold of 10rd mags as well as find someone willing to sell it to you privately since gun stores cannot carry it. Huge waste of time effort and money for a sad shadow of the true gun. And guys still do it anyway

This basically boils down to "9mm vs .45acp"

I'd personally still go FNX .45, since you're probably popping a can on it anyways, and .45acp makes more sense to run subsonic

Plus, it's fucking 15+1rds of .45acp

Attached: TACTAC.jpg (799x522, 82K)

The FNX 45 tactical is pretty pointless in a restricted state unless you absolutely have to have it. You can't have the 15 round mags or threaded barrel.

- t. Commifornian

Attached: 1553122121444388637815594544230.jpg (4032x1960, 2.5M)

Luv ur gat user

That's not his you mong

>Can’t have the threaded barrel in California eithe

What's up with threaded barrels in Cali now?

Found the felon

If you have a threaded barrel on a pistol it is an "assault pistol"

This or the sp-01 urban grey with the TB. What does this thing offer for the extra 300 freedom bucks

Attached: 17ECBE3F-B001-4426-B8F0-A528CC90B28F.gif (450x510, 45K)

Does it come in black?

Attached: 1429132822943.png (382x417, 251K)

Fucking bigot

no u

>.45 acp makes more sense to run subsonic
Wrong.gif

Yes.

Attached: IMG_20190210_173522.jpg (1439x1918, 1.05M)

Fug. I'll probably have to get one then to complete the FN family.

>Wrong
Subsonic is literally reduced velocity
SS .45 and SS 9mm will run at the same speeds
Therefore you're a zoomer retard who doesn't understand that more mass is better for subsonic rounds.

Its nice, just beware if you have bitch hands like me its quite the pain to get used to.

I FEEL PERSONALLY ATTACKED

not him, but 147gr do perfectly fine. All pistol rounds suck and the differences here are negligible.

Hey m17 bro ive been wanting to get one. You know if aftermarket threaded barrels are available yet? Also; will the 320 vtac frame work with the m17 slides?

whymst do u feel personally attacked user, just get a scary black FNX its fun

Attached: IMG_20190320_170955.jpg (4032x3024, 3.95M)

How so? Grip too fat or something?

The FNX tactical is probably the most comfy handgun I've shot, tied with my FiveseveN

Attached: FNX beam.webm (1920x1080, 2.71M)

Man I have no idea, sorry. Haven’t even looked yet.. got the DPP & TLR-8 on it and was happy.. u have me wondering now
Shoots great, real tight, no ragrets

Attached: 12E08017-54D4-485D-8539-7C73D7CE0969.jpg (3024x3612, 2.26M)

Yeah, when in decocked no saftey the trigger sits way too far away from the grip for me so I can't really even use that function. That and i suck with handguns in general, low left everytime (I know its trigger pull).
Gib SLR104

forgot to say, the damn P320 grip modules don't fit on the M17 cuzza the thumb safety LOL. I'm an idiot, you see
Also the M17 color is "Coyote", not FDE... darker when side by side

>is there any reason
SHALL

Wear gloves. FNX is perfect size for me when in gloves while my fiveseven is too small
FNX gets just a touch slippy with nogloves but fiveseven becomes perfect size
>no but you can see my 3rd ak when it finally gets built

Attached: A new AK.jpg (4032x2103, 3.82M)

soab!
because i want both :(

Yeah I bought a pair of thin grippy gloves and I improved a bit with it. Just down to practice now I think but the trigger would really benefit from being pulled back a few cm in SA and having some texture. Managed to lose the left hand one so now i get to buy a new pair, again, because I am literally incapable of putting them in a place I'll remember.
>I almost bought a vepr Fim last night
And I blame you.
Polish AKMS?

.45 is more fun to shoot than 9mm

Do you like your dual illumination rmr? How bad is the washout with your weapon light?

Minmax or bust!

Then get them user whats the malfunction here

Attached: 1487968040730.jpg (917x689, 48K)

Get an AK, not a cucked vepr
>polish akms
yes
Russian AK102 is next, then I'm gonna buy a TBT KSM45 if they can last about a month or two. Big hype

Attached: Drug den cleanup.webm (1920x1080, 2.94M)

That's clear foot fault right there.

Whats wrong with the FiM, /akg/ put it in the about best you can get category, and SLR104 is pretty much out of the question rn unless I get lucky on gunbroker or something. Didn't know you can even get a hold of a 102 here, is it kit or something else?

I got ~75 seconds in penalties fucking around once

I wrote the pastebin, I know. It's not a bad gun objectively but it's really a short RPK, not an AK, just don't go into it expecting the same thing. It's part of why it's not the best first AK
AK102s are just AK105s with 5.56 barrels, so I bought a 105 parts kit and am having it built in 5.56

Attached: Hostages what hostages No sound.webm (1920x1080, 1.5M)

OHH U BAD INFLUENCE VERY BAD

Oh, okay, So barring the SLR104 whats your next best option for a 74 clone? Also I want to do a shoothouse no fair, WA sucks for that kinda stuff, haven't been able to find one.
Best two purchases I've made so far user, worth the money promise.

Attached: 1548262672920.png (800x800, 271K)

Buy a Bulgarian AK74 kit (~300-350 hopefully)
A Bulgarian 74 barrel
A recreator receiver
4.5mm sidefolder trunnion assembly and an izmash triangle folding stock
Have someone build your gun as a sidefolder

Attached: Vudu outside.jpg (4032x1761, 3.3M)

Idiot

it you want to shoot big boolets and have a DA/SA function

Attached: 20160818_154856.jpg (2319x1304, 209K)

Haha D'OH!!

>Best two purchases I've made so far user, worth the money promise.
No complaints? Nice... the Scar generally feel like an AR, not cheap or flimsy or anything

Thanks fren, got an idea where i can find one of said kits? would a place like Atlantic have something like that?
Its is the opposite of cheap, the only part i have an actual gripe with that I'm addressing/have address was the lack of forward rail space and the a2 grip which is cancer. Parker mountain makes some good remachines stuff to make it fit the scar if you do buy one. that and KDG are basically the go to places.

Rguns, AKfiles, gunbroker, lots of places have bulgy kits

What’s a go-to pistol for commiefornia? Might have to move there for work eventually and don’t want to be stuck with my SAA and P38 for handgats

more knock down power

As much as I don't want to get sucked into this debate, your argument has some truth but is false overall in this instance. Yes, handgun cartridges are wimpy compared to rifles but there are measurable differences in the performance of subsonic 9mm and .45. For one, you get the option of massive hardcast projectiles up to 255 grains that can absolutely hammer through bones and muscle of animals but also heavy clothing, auto glass and other light cover where a slow 9mm at half the weight might leave you wanting. On the same point, almost all self defense .45 ACP is still subsonic meaning you still get that wicked, near-inch post expansion projectile tearing through your target. This is hugely beneficial since, like you said, we can't count on reliable yaw, fragmentation or cavitation like a rifle round so we have to hope those petals nick a major blood vessel or vital organ. All in all, subsonic 9mm is a bad compromise where .45 happens to fit the role naturally.

Man I dont know, when I was there we were all buying from private sellers b/c the good guns were all banned. They upcharge you a lot but its better than old crap.

FYI, here's an example of the status of things there:
BRAND NEW

Sig Sauer P320 X5:

Caliber:9mm

Price: $1600

Will ship:NO

Other info: 3 10 ROUND MAGS INCLUDED

WILLING TO TAKE CASH AND TRADE.