Why is company like Kel-tec allowed to stay in business selling bad firearms?

Why is company like Kel-tec allowed to stay in business selling bad firearms?

Attached: kel-tec-logo.png (400x196, 2K)

>bad
Subjective

A better question is how Taurus is still in business, or at least not blacklisted from the US.

Not at all. All of their rifles are objectively worse (more expensive, worse build quality, worse accuracy) than any $400 off the shelf AR build, and their handguns are objectively worse than AR pistols

>allowed
SHALL

I never knew that it was possible for a revolver to jam that much until I bought a Taurus.

Because Black people exist and they buy guns off of looks because the average gang banger has an iq near the mental retardation cutoff

I’m sorry Keltec I ignored your resume. I guess 6 months behind the gun counter at Dick’s Sporting Goods doesn’t qualify as experience after all.

Because they make products that fill niches that many manufacturers do not currently target at a fairly low price. Aside from the odd QC issue, they do what they're supposed to do and offer features that aren't typically available from other brands.

RFB:
>Bullpup .308 that takes dirt cheap FAL mags under $2000

KSG
>Bullpup shotgun

>PMR-30
30 rounds of .22 rimfire magnum in a handgun

They make some arguably very cool stuff and it's dirt cheap. Sure, they're not cranking out combat-ready arms for the survivalist market but if you're primarily a range shooter and don't mind the potential for tinkering a little bit to get it to work right, it's definitely worth a look. Yes, if your objective is to get the absolute most functional arm for combat at the lowest price, you probably won't be a fan. That doesn't mean their shit is BAD though.

You’re using the work objectively, I think the word you’re looking for is subjectively.

poorfags need guns.

Kel-Tec firearms go bang when you want them to and don't go bang when you don't want them to, and they're decent enough for their price. I don't know how they'd be considered "bad", when you have shit like Taurus and Lorcin that isn't reliable or safe, or Kimber that gives you much less gun than what you pay for. Kel-Tec is a simple what-you-see-is-what-you-get company, and that's good enough.

>They make some arguably very cool stuff and it's dirt cheap.

Yup. I got an RDB on sale, it's a fun range toy. I would use something else if more was at stake than group size, but it's fun for what it is.

Um excuse me sweetie?

Attached: cmr30.jpg (4032x3024, 1.6M)

Poorfags don't deserve guns if they can't afford a good one.

why would you choose to get that instead of an AR pistol

Poorfags should kill you.

Because they're neat guns you fucking communist nigger cattle.
>b-but buy AR
Not an argument. Not every gun is supposed to be 100% soulless or utilitarian, there's room for fun so long as you're not supremely autistic.

Attached: YBoSOqr.jpg (4032x2268, 1.75M)

Stupid mother fucking question. Can you shoot squirrels with any caliber that AR are chambered in? Can an are fire with no stock? Does and AR share magazines with an actual pistol? Gtfo

>I want to pay more money for a worse firearm!
>my gun has soul and yours is soulless

wait who's the autistic one again

Because I want to LARP you fucking BITCH

Those aren't even close to the same thing.

ar comes in just about every caliber there is

I’m aware. But you can’t buy one in 22wmr.

>pay more money for a worse firearm
They're not even comparable guns. One is a rimfire plinker that is the closest you'll ever get to a MP7 and the other is a not-a-SBR centrefire "pistol". Fun is a thing you seem to be incapable of understanding, and if you find AR "pistols" more fun that's fine. Just don't force it down everyone's throat.

Legit interested in one of these but I hear they are jamming machines.

Oddly enough of the handful or rimfire .22s both semi-auto and manual action I've handled, this was the most reliable of the bunch. It wasn't until I replaced my older CZ 455 with a new one that had good mags did I find a gun more reliable. Kel-Tec has improved since getting their ISO standardisation but I wouldn't trust my life to any rimfire firearm.

Anyone know when KS7s are going to be available? I liked the feel of the KSG but I don't want the two tube meme.

if its anything like the RDB and KSG they'll be in youtube video demos in about a year, ultra rare pieces at gun ranges in two, and decently common in about four years

Partially, but also because if Keltec used decent materials their prices would skyrocket.

I live in MA where I can't have an AR (reservist, happen to be here for at least the next three years, planning to move to Maine when I finish my time). My last job was courier protection downtown in Boston, covering a SpedEx truck that handled diamond and gold pickups from the Jeweler's Building and other key stops in the Financial District. Having the Sub-2000 was a godsend because I was able to have a weapon on my person, lawfully, that shared ammunition with my CCW (9mm HST bundlebox). In the event that something horrible happened and I actually had to do my job, I felt confident having three points of contact on the weapon as opposed to the two that my snappy little LC9S offer exclusively. It clearly wasn't designed for a left handed shooter but I was able to make a kydex strip molded over the ejection port work for me.

forgot pic, my bad.

Attached: waituntiltheyseewhatsinmytrenchcoat.jpg (1861x1915, 453K)

AR pistols are just barely pistols. Not everyone wants one of those unwieldy fuckers.

Their p3at and similar pistols keep them in business outside meme guns. Also
>century is objectively worse

Because capitalism has failed

Wow where you @

Attached: 44CE000E-A436-4108-ABEA-56D7CDF0B1D9.png (500x506, 114K)

I have one with that problem but I haven’t tried different ammo just cci so I can’t call it just yet

Don’t cut yourself on all that edge

Everyone talked shit on kel-Tec then they came out with the ksg then everyone wet themselves with excitement

>RFB:
>>Bullpup .308 that takes dirt cheap FAL mags under $2000
H&K has the cheap 7.62 mags. The only dirt cheap FAL mags are Korean.

Why not just transfer units?

The AR is just cheap as fuck because everyone and their mom makes them now, and supply is totally fucking nuts. If you already have five ARs, you want something different.

I'm in a job that isn't universally available. I could transfer out to regular 4n0 work but I worked really hard for the chance to be aircrew and I can accept the position I'm in right now. For the time that I'm MArooned like this, I got certified as an LTC instructor so I can just get as many people good to go on their gun loicenses as possible without chargin a benjamin for it like every other teacher out here. not a lot i can do but im doing what i can, user.

Attached: 161128-drinking-alcohol-jpo-108p_52ad934c90bc61c93c2242c4349f5e55.jpg (2500x1667, 1.68M)

With Kel Tecs

They make the heritage revolver, wish I never bought one.

>A handgun, which can be comfortably carried in polite company.
>Compared to a sawed-off rifle with a legality gimmick.
Might be autistic...
>Legit started a thread to bitch about people having fun.
>Thinks everyone else has a problem because he can't understand them.
Oh yeah definitely.

Because they sell a product that people are willing to purchase, and they sell enough of it that they can continue making the products to sell.

>PMR-30

Literally just go ahead and fill it with jam, skip the middle man

But really, Lel-Kek was good enough for the Zim-Zam

I want to do that but with their .22lr version

Bad compared to who you fucking slackjawed bitch?

This. They're cheap and innovative.

I'll add to the list the P32/P3AT. The P3AT in particular broke the mold for what a modern pocket pistol is. It offered better form factor, less weight, and a bigger caliber than the pocket pistols of yesteryear. If you're competent with a handgun they're surprisingly accurate, and frankly they're easier to handle than blow back designs like the P64.

That said, the one I had was too unreliable for me to be comfortable with self defense use, and so I replaced it with an LCP II. Such is the story of keltec.

Most underrated post itt

>bad
They're not dangerous to the user in any significant amount more than any other brand.

>and yet another HURR JUST GET AN AR thread

Attached: 1450627252740.jpg (188x268, 7K)

They make guns that are cool and unique enough that you can overlook their flaws. Most gun purchases in the US are not serious "what if I had to fight the civil war" purchases, they are "hey I like this gun I want one to shoot at the range" purchases.

Even the people who do have an AR and a Glock for the race war often buy cool range toys on the side.

Man, sure is noguns in here. The only way I'd believe that a revolver of any make shit itself from something that wasn't user error was if you bought it used and didn't even bother to make sure it worked right first. Taurus makes some very popular .44 and .454 revolvers and would be strangled by lawsuits if those guns acted fucky as often as noguns on Jow Forums claim, since that's usually a "loss of limb" problem.

My shooting buddy bought a .380 Taurus revolver and the thing locked up so bad it had to be sent in after 3 shots, NIB.
They’re trash based on my one expeienxe with them, which is the only chance I’m giving them.

Maybe old Taurus 10 or so years ago. They had some really spotty QC where your gun was either flawless or trash. 2014 onward, they've made it to where only a few guns have problems and those problems are immediate and apparent so you don't experience issues 2 years down the road where there should be none.

Because this thing is something different and fun? Wow, god forbid someone buy something fun with their disposable income!

Am I the only one that likes this?

Attached: sub2000.jpg (1350x700, 52K)

If you load the mags autistically like the manual instructs you to do, and clean it every 300-500 rounds, it’s not gonna jam. It’s a needy gun but it works well and is pretty damn accurate when you meet its needs

>people buy guns
>gun maker makes more guns
It isn't complicated, Americans love trash guns.

Love mine

I own an RDB-C because California. It did have a problem right out of the box. But I sent it in and they fixed it right ght and quick. They do have a ways to go with QC but their warranty service seems to do well. They obviously aren't for everyone but they have made new designs and make some cool shit.

No one would be saying this if ARs were not $300. Luckily next AWB they will be back up to where they should be.