Does steel case ammo scratch the fuck out of your ar chamber?

Does steel case ammo scratch the fuck out of your ar chamber?

Attached: 0C168DFD-C449-42F5-B538-1F518C7EAFC3.jpg (640x480, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/08/28/debunking-myth-steel-harder-brass/
youtu.be/0XXkNPlXKAI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

not really, it's mild steel with a polymer/lacquer coating

Hasn't been an issue for me.

I have heard a bunch of people say it's harder on the extractor, so I bought a spare and keep it in my range bag.

Would it be bad to buy 3000 rounds of steel cased 7.62x39 ammo to bury? it's just so much more cheaper than brass.

Ask yourself why it’s so much cheaper

Steel is cheaper than brass... also AKs were made for steel.

Steel case for shtf is fine. Just buy the right steel case, stay away from Tula.
Brass case is way more fucking fun to shoot out of an AK though. Usually has more powder and runs a little hotter, which out of an AK pistol is tits.

why would you bury ammo? shtf will never happen in a high-income country

nah, just keep it dry in an airtight container with desiccants and it should be good

I'd be more concerned about the fact that it's a bimetallic jacket and what that'd do to the bore on some nicer rifles. Even then I'm sure it's not that big of a problem.

How's Barnaul? it's laquer coated.

Cost of materials. Steel case is cheaper than brass case. Bimetal (steel guilded with copper) jacket projectile is cheaper than pure copper jacket projectile.

With red flag laws and (((gun grabbers))), you never know.

If shooting quickly enough to get the chamber real hot I believe lacquer is more likely to deposit in the chamber and gum shit up.

Barnaul is one of the best/better brands of 7.62x39

But it's steel cased though, would that damage the barrel and chamber somehow?

Hell no it’s soft steel. Gun parts are hardened steel

Most AKs have cold hammer forged, chrome lined barrels that are extremely durable. If you can burn out an AK barrel with steel case, bimetal jacket ammo, you would have to put 20k+ rounds through it.

Try over 50k

The steel used in steel ammo casings is about the same hardness as brass casings. It won't cause any additional wear to your chamber.

When people discuss additional wear caused by steel case ammo it's actually barrel wear they are talking about. And it has to do with the projectiles. Bimetal projectiles used in most steel case ammo are steel jacket with a very thin guilding of copper. These will wear a barrel faster. A few tests have been done showing that on a typical AR barrel the extra wear doesn't really matter. Meaning, with the money you save on steel case you can just buy a new barrel when it wears out, and still be ahead money-wise.

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/08/28/debunking-myth-steel-harder-brass/

Lol, no. AK barrels barely last 15,000 rounds firing solely bi-metal.

A cold hammer forged chrome lined barrel will probably last more than twice that count before key holing, more so in semi

Wrong

Making statements like these don't mean much. Either could be right. Has a lot to do with how hot the barrel is getting. Shooting 1k rounds at 1 shot every 5 seconds will wear the barrel way less than magdumping that same round count

No. In order for something to "scratch" another thing it needs to be harder than it. You can buy some mohs hardness picks to test this out for yourself, AR chamber is much harder than a steel cased round.

No. The cases themselves are really soft, and while AR barrel bores/chambers are either chrome plated or nitrided.

Chrome lining at best nets you 2,000 more rounds out if a barrel.
When will this meme end?

You really blew me away with facts and logic here.

Of course how fast you're shooting will affect it, a bi-metal bullet being fired 1 round every 10 seconds will still destroy rifling faster than pretty much any other type of bullet.

Bimetal doesn't wear barrels appreciably more. The bullet jackets are also soft steel and the copper plate acts as lubricant.
What wears the barrel is flame erosion from the nasty cheap powder used.

Hmmmmm... I wonder why?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-20-18-34-16.png (720x1280, 142K)

Because AK is made of steel you fucking moron.

How do you clean the lacquer out of your chamber if this happens?

Attached: 1552617201594.png (300x300, 124K)

>Chrome lining at best nets you 2,000 more rounds out if a barrel.
Absolute bullshit unless you're citing some retarded 5.56 magdump test, 7.62x39 is lower pressure, lower velocity and a larger diameter, so a good chrome lined barrel will absolute last past 15k or 17k rounds

It does, but with the money you save you can buy another barrel. But seriously, I wouldn't worry unless you're pumping thousands of rounds through it a month.

I would say steel cased is even better if you're going to wear out your barrel over the course of a few months. The immediate savings would probably be great enough to stock a replacement barrel or 3 before you even start shooting.

KYS.

youtu.be/0XXkNPlXKAI

What’s wrong with Tulammo?

Real talk:
Why would you use steel over brass in an AR beyond the economics of barrel replacement?

Attached: halal habibi.png (1440x1491, 2.19M)

To troll the brassjew

I mean it does cost less.
Less gas to the face if you have an overgassed AR due to usual lower pressure...
... that's about it.

Venezuela was a high-income country.

Nothing for just shooting. If you're trying to store ammo for a long time, there are much better options that are sealed from the elements.

No it wasn't.

My mom practices Spanish with some Venezuelans through a tutoring service, the husband is an engineer for the oil fields and if I recall only earns lile $15 a week (or month, I'm not certain), it was okay because cost of living was literally pennies to the dollar but hyperinflation has kicked their asses, the stores are empty, people are selling rice and beans out of their homes so you have to go to some stranger's house and barter, the farmers lost their cows because people just beat them to death and stole the meat in the middle of the fields. My mom has been paying them by sending toiletries, like soap and razors. People can't feed their pets anymore, so lots of cats and dogs starving or being turned into meals themselves

Are you a cheap shit with a chamber that is not chrome lined?

Are you fucking stupid? You must be fucking stupid. Its like you dont know shit about soviet firearms and ammo. Maybe you should keep your fucking whore mouth shut before someones cock gets caught in it. Implying steel cased 7.62x39 ammo is a bad choice for an ak is one of the most retarded things you could possibly i seriously hope you get mugged or nd into your car you stupid fuck.

>wroooong
Have you ever heard of battlefield vegas and the roundcount theyve put through their wasrs? Go fucking educate yourself you sniveling fuck

I've shot plenty of Barnaul's Silver Bear .308 and it actually shoots decent. Not as accurate as the other 7.62 NATO surplus or Federal, but the price and availability is good. I'm trying to find a place that has the Silver Bear .308 in spam cans but I haven't had any luck.

Steel is ~33% cheaper per bullet.

It also matters who's barrel you're talking about. But basically, if you're rifling is shot out on an AK I'd be more worried about the headspace and trunnion than the accuracy.
Brass washed steel from a PTR. The ultimate fuck you to a brass jew.

And they're typically mag dumped on full auto by tourists getting an instagram video before booking it to a day club

IIRC, the soft steel cases are actually a bit softer than brass when put to the hardness scale.

Fuddlore.

>1k steel $200 shipped
>1k brass $270 shipped
>real talk why would anyone want to save $70 on ammo

Are you retarded?

Attached: 5FB9AB01CBB44E2C87CB412D03C3CABF.jpg (665x1024, 82K)

>Maybe you should keep your fucking whore mouth shut before someones cock gets caught in it. i seriously hope you get mugged or nd into your car you stupid fuck.
I kek'd

The economics of buying more ammo and shooting more you dumbass

Yes it was idiot they had dat oil money up the ass and were doing well until they tried not real communism

Poorfag who only shoots TulAmmo, never had a problem with it, never had a jam.

Wolf ammo is to ammo as PSA is to ARs

look, it's the amerifat who thinks that australia is in africa and they speak japanese in china.

Look, it's the nogunz trash who thinks American is an insult on Jow Forums of all places.

Check yourself retard, Venezuela was always a poorfag shithole, nothing has changed except it is now a poorer shithole.

Sources say:you're wrong retard. They weren't ever a high income nation. They weren't literally farming videogame currency because it was a more stable and widely accepted currency than their own money, but they were certainly not a high income nation.