How is it possible for the North Korea to have 945,000 active duty military personnel? The Brazilian army has just 222...

How is it possible for the North Korea to have 945,000 active duty military personnel? The Brazilian army has just 222,732 personnel, and that's for a country with a much larger population and economy to support such a force. Do they actually train their soldiers? Can they fight?

Attached: North-Korea_3095073k.jpg (858x536, 239K)

They give a uniform to a person and count that as a soldier. He may not be supplied, trained or equipped but for propaganda purposes he's a soldier. In all truth he'll just be a bullet sponge

Also their 'soldiers' spend a lot of time farming and fixing roads and shit. So theres that

Universal conscription for extended periods

Most of them spend their time as state laborers and not as fulltime soldiers so its equivalent to other countries counting all their reservists as active duty

They put all their resources into it. The rest of the country starves.

They have something like a 10 year long conscription. Not that they train much tho, for the most part they just act as a do everything-workforce for the state.

>How is it possible for the North Korea to have 945,000 active duty military personnel?
by conscripting 945000 people?

First, you'd have to define their version of "Active Duty"
What are they engaged in?
Directing traffic or driving tanks?

Where do we even get that number from. Are we just taking their word for it?

From my understanding NK soldiers are issued so much rice a week and expected to grow/ harvest the rest of their calories on their own time.

That's only 1% of their population, it's not even war footing numbers. That's pretty pathetic for a country that used to be on a "military first" policy. I have old copies of "the military balance" that had more impressive numbers during the cold war.

That's not true, the soldiers starve too.

Attached: _98640546_rtr3nhp8.jpg (2048x1152, 133K)

I've been researching North Korea's modern military for a game project. LET ME TELL YOU
ABOUT CHONINMIN UI MUJANGHWA
>All civilians between 14 and 60, 30% of the population, would be mobilized in event of war
>The North Korean reserves number 7.7 million but only have to serve 30 days of refresher training a year unless called up. Let's split these guys down:
>The Reserve Military Training Unit has 620,000 men and women in 37 divisions. This is the kind of conventional reserve familiar to most countries.
>The Worker and Peasant Red Guard has 5.72 million men and women but their primary job is internal security and farming. It will provide soldiers to conventional forces to replace losses there.
>There is also a children's unit of 940,000 kids and the opaque 420,000-strong paramilitary forces, which include something called "Speed Battle Youth Shock Brigades."
>As of 2005 North Korea had 1.2 million soldiers on active duty. These soldiers are intended to be the foundation of the cadre policy, which states they will receive full and intensive training so that they can lead the millions of reservists called up in case of war. For example, each of their infantry corps commanders will be immediately promoted to field army commanders in the event of a shooting war.
North Korea is convinced it will lose any prolonged war of attrition. It instead focuses on an intense blitz of millions of soldiers across the DMZ to place South Korea in such an awful position it has to fold before the US can properly mobilize and wreck them. Desert Storm convinced them it will take several weeks for America to assemble an unstoppable force, and they would be very reluctant to simply trickle in units as they reach the theater. Unlike Saddam, they will not sit in place but attempt to secure the entire peninsula using all means to create facts on the ground that the US cannot ignore.

Source: 2005 book by James M. Minnich

Hit limit, should stress that North Korea is extremely stingy with showing their doctrine and actively leaks fake documents. Some or all of what I just posted may be Nork disinformation. This project is hell for that reason.

>choninmin
what?

>North Korea is convinced it will lose any prolonged war of attrition. It instead focuses on an intense blitz of millions of soldiers across the DMZ to place South Korea in such an awful position it has to fold

I can't imagine that the US would just let South Korea surrender. They're way too stubborn for that. They'd call the surrender illegitimate, then find some former South Korean politician who still wants to fight and declare him president in exile.

A US military response would be inevitable. What North Korean has to do is really bloody America's nose early on. They've got to nuke a carrier group or nuke Marine expeditionary force's beachhead. Just go all in. 58,000 American died before they gave up and left Vietnam. Today's America wouldn't tolerate half that before the overwhelming US public's response would be to cut and run.

But, if North did invade South, North's army's morale would take a big dent when they start seeing supermarkets full of food everywhere and average South Korean houses. And, start asking questions like 'we're liberating them from US imperialism, why are South Koreans so afraid of us?'

I feel like if they were responding to legitimate aggression, the US would put a lot more weight in than in Vietnam.

Brazil didn't have 10% of its population killed by the same people who are still encircling the country.

Attached: 1518821163209.jpg (437x640, 61K)

>the US would put a lot more weight in than in Vietnam.
American did put their weight into Vietnam. The meme that America didn't really try is pure burger cope. 58,000 dead. American really did try and they really were beaten.

Attached: mezzanine_721.jpg (1920x1080, 320K)

She looks like shes fed ok.

>They've got to nuke a carrier group or nuke Marine expeditionary force's beachhead. Just go all in. 58,000 American died before they gave up and left Vietnam. Today's America wouldn't tolerate half that before the overwhelming US public's response would be to cut and run.
>thinking america would just roll over after getting nuked
t. Isoroku Yamamoto

Wrong. The US wasnt beaten, the US left. You can only be beaten in a war if you surrender. I did not see any Chinese or Vienamese flags over the US capitol building when I was visiting.

>no major objectives were ever completed
>somehow not a loss
Losing does not mean that all of you are dead and can not fight back.
We lost on both fronts, the PR war and the actual war.

>no invasion of the north
>America put its full weight in Vietnam
No

It's expensive and bloody to occupy a country, especially with no realistic goal or willingness to advance.

The US inflected absurd casualties in return, but without a real goal it's impossible to win. Defeat, in this case, isn't being conquered or occupied, it's being forced to admit that the whole war was pointless and you never should have been there.

Losing a war has always meant surrendering and either losing sovereignty or tribute to the victorious enemy. Quiting the field and deciding not to pursue war is not losing its quitting.

What's it like to be in full blown denial?

Not American. Try harder.

>implying you have to be a burger to be in denial about this.
You're not a very bright individual.

It would be hilarious if the norks somehow won.

The issue with your line of thinking is, to the average person, World War II is the most well known and well understood war. When the average person thinks 'war', they think of WWII. World War II ended with the unconditional surrender of Germany and Japan. So, a lot of people assume that is how wars are supposed to end. But it's not. Typically, wars end with the negotiation of a peace treaty. For example, the First World War ended with the Treaty of Versailles. Germany didn't really 'surrender'. Do you believe that Germany wasn't beaten in WWI? Because that would be dumb if you did. The problem is that your frame of reference is so limited, that you think the only way a county is 'beaten' is if its enemy's troops are marching over the rubble that was once your capital city. And that is silly.

tfw no qt pie best korea gf to cuddle and always be grateful for what you have with

>Losing a war has always meant surrendering and either losing sovereignty or tribute to the victorious enemy.
Did America get to keep all their bases? Or did they have to surrender them?

Attached: vietnam-base-camps-1968.gif (480x579, 85K)

They'd bog down within a few miles of the DMZ, then collapse and surrender. The ROK Air Force would blow the shit out of all fuel and supplies the north has within fifty miles of the line and every major concentration of troops. Without concentrated force or any way to supply a breakthrough they'd either have to fall back on where they could supply people, or push more and more unsupported units forward to lose cohesion, run out of supplies, overcrowd the units trying to fight then break and surrender.

Jesus Christ, I feel so sorry for her. She looks like a starving child or a starving teenager.

Attached: interpol-evil-puppet-norman.jpg (180x180, 9K)

They wouldn't have won if they invaded the North. The US's motives, tactics and objectives in the war were fundamentally flawed. Digging deeper wouldn't have gotten them out of that hole. All they would've got was 100,000 more American dead, withdrawing in the late 70's instead of the early 70's and a few more Kent States.

Attached: Zo6t4Tr.jpg (990x1488, 1.96M)

Thats not how war works user.

By China?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x355, 24K)

shut the fuck up

Make me, queer.

It would have ended with a Chinese intervention.

Would bang.

The US was fighting the war it wanted, not the war it faced.

You do realize China invaded North Vietnam in the 70s?

They have like 15 year long conscription

God Jow Forums are morons some times.

The KPLA active army is a all volunteer force, due to the privileges such as housing their families get thy have 2 applicants for every open position. After your service is up you get to live in a city and join the party.

>Everyone who hasnt detailstudied the HR part of the North Korean Army is a complete moron!

Attached: FB_IMG_1552901131688.jpg (720x680, 33K)

>American did put their weight into Vietnam. The meme that America didn't really try is pure burger cope. 58,000 dead. American really did try and they really were beaten.
spoken like someone who never studied vietnam

>burger cope

Attached: Dorset-and-Linda-S-copy.jpg (2928x2336, 1.65M)

post ur transcript

I'll show you mine if you show me your, big boy.

Kek

Attached: 920321C5-5A96-4C3A-B240-6783D6BFB5FA.png (1334x750, 820K)

In reality the Chinese wouldn't support the North Koreans for a Vietnam-style proxy war.
The value of decent relations with the US vastly outweighs the value of a small buffer state in 2019.

DPRK would be dismantled and the US and China would negotiate some settlement over what to do with the remains.

>The value of decent relations with the US vastly outweighs the value of a small buffer state in 2019.
Of course China wants to keep the current status quo. Continue to grow and challenge US's global hegemony. But, does the US want that? The second Korean War won't start because of North Korean or Chinese aggression, it will start after America provokes North Korea and then uses North Korea's retaliation to attack China.

Attached: china-us-global-gdp-share.png (597x422, 16K)

>hurrr just because I dont have obviously no clue what Im talking about and talk out of my ass doesnt mean im dumn dumn
Just fuck off and take all those shitposting curry niggers with you.

Puting an end to a oneside rape of gooks for domestic "humanitarian" reasons is not a political nor a military loss, Nguyen.

At any point in time Vietnam could have been glassed at will and every last jungle gook that didnt already piss off in a boat wiped from the face of earth
At no point in time could gooks have ever force out the U.S. against their will.

>Just because I ran away crying doesn't mean I lost the fist fight. Because, If I wanted to, I could've got in my car, gone home, got my gun, gone back and then murdered the guy who beat me up, along with his entire family. So if you think about like that, I practically won the fight.

>Today's America wouldn't tolerate half that before the overwhelming US public's response would be to cut and run.
It's this what japan thought before getting back-to-back atomic facefuckings?

Attached: WG9XoVR.png (1092x2188, 106K)

>The second Korean War won't start because of North Korean or Chinese aggression
Yeah, no shit chang; China and the Norks don't have any means to aggress.

If by “ran away crying” you meant “kicked in the door and shot half the family to death and sprained your ankle on the way out before going home” then yes that is a pretty good allegory for what happened.

Juche

Today's Americans are not the greatest generation.

Attached: zoom.gif (400x293, 58K)

meant for

By “sprained your ankle on the way out“ you meant "58,000 dead".

You forgot the part were the family you shot had nothing to do with the conflict and the real enemy came in to occupy the house after you left

aaaaand thus the thread was derailed into yanks arguing how they never lost in vietnam, how body count is more important than strategical objectives, how it was all really the civilians/liberals/hippies/europeans fault and how Vietnam being a failed state today is proof that the US did win

What is north Korean training like? How often do they get to fire their rifles? How much ammunition does the individual soldier get?

>What North Korean has to do is really bloody America's nose early on.

Problem is that's what Japan did with Pearl Harbor. We'd set a trend with them where we'd threaten but ultimately concede and they took that to mean we lacked the stomach to get stuck-in. But they pushed too hard and properly pissed us off. We do get tired of fighting after a while it's true. But only after we've spent several years, possibly a decade or more fucking shit up.

There's a lot of difference user definitely they will accept a lot more deaths that in Vietnam but Americans won't accept again that much death unless the fighting takes place in America.

I saw a short documentary on how people conscripted into the NKA are malnourished and worked to the bone. They instituted a month long leave system so they can go home and be tended to and fed by family before they have to go back. It had plenty of smuggled videos so it seemed like a pretty reliable source.

Yes, and by “shooting half the family to death” i was referring to “1,300,000+ dead vietnamese”, “tens of thousands with birth defects and cancer from agent orange” and “permanent third world status”.

>They've got to nuke a carrier group or nuke Marine expeditionary force's beachhead.

Gee, Bill. I wonder what the response to that would be??

They'd probably send another carrier group. So, North Korea just need to nuke that one too. And then just keep nuking carrier groups until the US gives up and stops sending them. And then North Korea win. Simple.

Fucking kek. This.

Because all 3.5 million people living in its capitol plus every urban North Korean is woken at 6:00 by public address systems blasting propaganda music followed by calisthenic instructions every morning, essentially placing all Norks in perpetual basic military training.

Quite literally no, in this case, as they all provided resonable answers

you are braindead

Someone needs help with words.

Are you equating losing overseas bases with losing American cities and states?

Germany lost land and sovereignty through the treaty of Versailles so you made my case for me.

So basically Korean War but in the present

But there aren't any French or British flags over the Reichstag. Which is apparently important. So, you just lost your case.

spoken like someone who's never been.

the KPA has always been conscription based, and still is conscription based. you really believe their UN statement that it's all volunteer? it's still run technically run by a fucking dead person. the volunteers are the ones who are young pioneers/party hopefuls who are trying to secure their place in the WPK. And for the rest of the country that has bad lineage in the eyes of the party? they end up conscripted and in a coal mine, or if they're lucky arranging stones on the sides of their highways. You really think it's by chance that literally every fucking adult male in chongjin has served in the KPA, despite the fact it was literally the city where they sent 'undesirables'?

Well and south Korea, immediately crushes north korea, like a car crushes are small child.

There are only two types of South Koreans, pro video gaymers and androgynous k-popers. Whereas, the average North Korean is a dirt-poor orphan who has never had a full stomach. Mano a mano, the North Korean would win the war through sheer individual toughness and scrappiness. Unless the South Koreans use some pussy shit like superior technology, logistics, training or allies.

You've gotta respect North Korea's determination. They got absolutely destroyed in the Korean War. The US fucked them harder than Japan, dropping 650,000 tonnes of bombs on. The country was completely devastated like nothing ever seen.

And despite that, they're the 10th nation into space, they're a thermonuclear power with ICBM capability. Obviously, it's a horrible place to be and the Kim dynasty are amongst the most evil people to ever live. But the achievements they've made are amazing.

Truly the greatest underdog country in history.

Attached: Best Korea is best.png (2060x1024, 423K)

rip tgirl

She is 'Tea Girl'. Thailand has tgirls.

Attached: artworks-000029132862-xndzi6-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 30K)

Nobody forced them to post, fuckwit.

Some one told me there's a law that said if USA wants they can take control of the SK military so Korea can't easily surrender. I can see it really USA or the us public would probably not give a shit if Koreans died

I heard some barley shit that happened to the female nurses in Vietnam. Why were the men so bad was it drugs?

Yeah that didnt go to well the first time and China was the only thing that saved them. Possible to force a surrender if they take Seoul and other populated cities/districts, doubt it tho

God the sex would be mindblowing when you let her hold you down and ride you while calling you a filthy imperialist pig. I bet she slaps you like a good little commie.

>No tits
>No ass
>Fugly face
Would NOT bang.

Can you imagine how grateful she'd be for a burger? What she'd do for you in return?
HNNNNNNNNNNG DOWN BOY! My yellow fever just raised a few degrees.
Seriously if we liberated the norks, the first soldiers on the ground would be drowning in so much pussy it'd be unbelievable. The collective daily release of spermatoze would cause a new river to form. Literally korean farmers down stream would have their livelihoods flooded away by flash floods of Freedom Jizz!
The Yellow Sea would turn white overnight.
LOTS AND LOTS OF FUCKING IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

Attached: 968_1000.jpg (750x1000, 94K)

She has a loaded rifle. It's up to her to decide to whether to bang you or not.

>get your face smashed in by whitey
>run away hiding in a hole
>entire family and neighbourhood razed down
>crawl out of hole
>announce decisive victory with Vietnamese characteristics

hey man if i win war bride if she shoots me and i live maybey my life will be a north korean rom com about a love story with how they convert a former imperial capitalist...

Weall knoe a real nk war would just be confused screaming as masses of us het ground up by heavy artilary cluster muntions along with chemical and nuclear weapons.
We all know we are damned.
We all know historically 50 percent of men never reproduced.

We were born cucks.
thats our fate thats why we are here.

>A US military response would be inevitable. What North Korean has to do is really bloody America's nose early on. They've got to nuke a carrier group or nuke Marine expeditionary force's beachhead. Just go all in.

My thought was that we'd try to come in on Wonsan because it has an airport and roads that can get them to Pyongyang. But rather than trying to hit anything with a missile, I figured Kim would detonate nukes in the cities we try to capture.

1.) it'd be like a more fucked up version of Soviet Scorched Earth
2.) it would really fuck up logistics
3.) NK State News could spin it as the US nuking the cities, and incite guerrilla warfare.