MRE

Is MRE really that bad?

Attached: USAbefore-mymodernmetcom_1024x.jpg (750x500, 77K)

I fuvkong love MREs. Ate about 2 a day every day in afg for 8 months. Loved them before I enlisted and I buy em every now and again as a treat.

Attached: Screenshot_20190320-180035.png (1440x2560, 816K)

MREs are fine. They are basically adult happy meals.

Just buy civi stuff, it taste better

Attached: 8899a992-2c13-4cbe-8380-db9c64d9a0d6.jpg._CB274369239_.jpg (1600x1067, 276K)

>Loved them before I enlisted and I buy em every now and again as a treat.
you know how I know you're a liar?

No, not if you know what seasonings and shit to add. I used to bring a small bottle of sriracha to the field for the more shitty mres

I ate the jamaican red beans and rice version or those and I quite literally shot feces out of my ass multiple feet.
I have never had diarrhea so bad, ever in my life.

It taste preddy gud tho

And lasts fucking 15 years longer.
Freeze dried, you just heat up some water in a jet boil and dump it in the bag.
Fucking Mormon magic.
MRE's have so much extra shit you don't need in them.

you could also just make your own for a fraction the price and even better taste

Attached: 1476597474630.jpg (1000x1879, 1.54M)

I just wish they weren't so expensive for crackers, fake cheese and beefaroni

from what I understand their high protien low sodium meals, so while theyre decent for you they probably wont taste the best. Atleast not dish's that are supposed to be salty. MRE spaghetti is alright.

Version of*
Fucking phoneposting

They are cheaper than fast food.

Attached: 1544140845839.jpg (804x597, 117K)

lol classic meme

Is Texas retarded?

Attached: 0C509A10-BB44-45FD-BC17-7A6F40DDBA90.jpg (1440x960, 285K)

What's the best way to get Mountain House for less?

Don't you DARE take the name of Texas in vain!

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 16K)

Any made in the past 5-8 years are good. If you neglect your water intake you're going to have a bad time on the toilet though.
t. prepper

user...Texans are retarded.

Wait for your local gander mountain to go out of business

Buy in bulk, they come in 5 gallon buckets.

No Gander Mountain locations near my area

Might be a bit too much for me, but I've been keeping an eye out at Costco...

the answer to these threads is always, DEPENDS ON HOW HUNGRY YOU ARE.

they should include a little violent toy

>They are basically adult happy meals.
Why do you think they include matches and hydrogen gas-producing heaters?

Attached: 1551656976522.jpg (1024x993, 101K)

Just had pic related for dinner since i didn't feel like cooking and have a few cases sitting around. It was actually pretty delicious.
I also skipped lunch today and got home late, so i was also pretty hungry.

Attached: 20190320_230214.jpg (1080x1408, 942K)

MREs are... Nice...
Reminder to donate to Steve and support his work on patreon for just $1. He also sells shirts now.
Steve1989mre.com

Attached: IMG_20180731_232505209_LL~2.jpg (3456x4608, 2.72M)

i love mre's. i love everything about them. i wish they were cheaper so i could get more, and I wish they had more fun treats and toys inside. they are my happy meals of apocalyptic survival.

woah hivemind

stop by a Sierra Trading post. they have a million different kinds of freeze dried camping foods for usually like 3-4 dollars less per package than everywhere else

I love MREs. But then again I’ll eat anything.

I wish we could produce gray tasteless paste with all the nutrients we need.

Onions exists, user.

Fuck four chang. S O Y L E N T.

Chicken burrito bowl is god

They're not 'that' bad if you're out playing with sand and sticks and got nothing else to eat but if you're back in civilization I wouldn't consume these regularly. Many of the items contain high amounts of salts for extremely long preservation (both sodium and potassium form) and a number of items contain trans fats. Long term consumption WILL lead to high blood pressure and heart disease but if chow options are limited to just MREs while in the field, then you gotta do what you gotta do.

All that aside, turning the MRE bag into a bowl and dumping all the contents of chili mac into it was GOAT. Jalapeno cheddar, chocolate diaryshake, and blueberry cobbler was fucking gold to me. I'd trade some dip/smokes for those specific items.

Attached: Chili Mac.jpg (394x550, 32K)

I hate the packaging on that. It's too gaudy and has a black guy. Just give me olive drab retort pouches with text saying what's in it.

American mres are garbage. Now Eastern European stuff, excluding Russian, and maybe Italy and France and Japan, that is actually good.

I bought meal boxes A and B, 24 total different MRE's.

They really aren't bad with a few exceptions. I would rate it hands down better than the food I was served in grade school in the 90's. Especially for $5 per MRE. Anything 'Chili' and BBQ'd beef are top tier.

Brisket was literal cat food and the buffalo chicken, while tasty, nuked my stomach about an hour afterwards and my butthole an hour or so after that.

Drink mixes are good, but the coffee is meh but that's expected.

Attached: 1551586321709.jpg (500x535, 71K)

no. you're never going to even take the whole thing if you go out on a mission, just what you need.

They do if you enlist for the military.

This. Mountain house is real fuckn good. Little pricey kinda wish you could get major bulk in minimal packaging for cheaper. It lasts like 20+years too.

>buffalo chicken
>tasty
what inhuman creature are you

My mre were canned civvie food so it was ok

>multiple feet
Did you measure?

Well I was squatting and leaned forward, and it hit a bush about as far away as the length of my leg. I'm 6' so it was close to 3'+ away.

I have only had them once a decade ago camping out with JROTC, and I fucking loved them. Been thinking about them ever since, and this thread's got me thinking about stocking up.

Having watched military reviewbrahs videos on some of them, I have to say I'd love to try south east asian/japanese/spanish MREs, they actually look like good meals.

Attached: Nice.jpg (4211x5315, 3.03M)

How hard were you trying to squirt, though?

>nice

>inb4 more sexual discussions

It’s not that bizarre. I knew a guy who loved the things. I never understood it because after the third time you’ve had the meal I just started drowning it in Texas Pete.

Mre's are shit the only people who I've known to eat them outside of the field where disgusting backwoods autist that live on a tarp covered in dip spit and there own shit and civilians who think its cool or where just curious.

Nice...now let’s put it on a tray

The Korean cold weather mre (there is only one flavor) isn't bad if you dont put the kimchee in unless you like kimchee but gets old extremely fast how ever the heater is 10x better than American mre's.

>veggie crumbles
my man
my man

He had some t shirts at one point, but not anymore. It was a fundraiser type thing.
>tfw you missed a "Nice Hiss" shirt

I eat freeze dried all the time and have only had 1 MRE ever. Something I really appreciated about the MRE was the sides.
With the MRE I got
>main course
>crackers + cheese
>candy
>coffee
>Gatorade type stuff
With my mountain house I get
>main course
>water
Other shit I have to remember to grab and have to pack individually.

>Constant Ramen
That looks awful.

Mok, I know it's you! Stop shilling for Steve!

user had a DIY Soba soup with dry meat and vegs. Damn, best MRE worldwide !

Who said they were bad

no u

Texas ret(ard)

Steal it.

>Sierra Trading post
Pretty impressive if you ask me.

I don’t know why you all need food. You’re all just gonna survive on sucking each other off.

They are worse than the old C-Rats they replaced, they can unironically kill a fag

Squirting isn't real bro.

They can be. Either make me shit too much or not enough. Usually after 3 days I was squirting yellow sludge out of my asshole. Genuinely worried about being shot while uncontrollably pooping on defensive missions. For a single day movement I would take sandwiches from the dfac.

Attached: 20052719-7019-4DB0-B7D2-527734ADED34.jpg (1200x801, 98K)

This

Attached: 1552592932802m.jpg (1024x504, 41K)

>tfw ate almost exclusively Beef Ramen for three months while in college

Shit was depressing.

Attached: please help.png (640x396, 60K)

Oh fuck me that's not the reacc image I wanted

Attached: pls help me.png (291x248, 157K)

Sometimes I’m glad I’m lonely & not hanging out w/ you guys

Attached: 067A53B8-C1C0-4974-B973-768A1AF7FABF.gif (480x354, 3.6M)

Some people live to eat, some people eat to live

MREs are awesome rations, but I call bullshit on you eating them like that as a civilian.

Very few calories compared to an MRE, and you also need water to cook them.

There are some that are shit and some that are really good. The problem is not shitting for three days after eating one.

Attached: Steve Memeball.jpg (800x600, 78K)

the poo in loo foil pouch meals are tasty

>tell me something I can repeat later to pretend like I know about mres
the post

Two days ago. Me and budy found some MREs improperly stored in a barn. Actual barn on my farm and open to the elements. Found 4, one open and 3 sealed. Buby grabbed 2, fell and busted open. One I grabbed remained intact till we ate. Looked over tags, packed 2001 82 day. Two were older and had no date, had ice tea and brand coffee. The MREs were labeled bean birito, chicken alfredo, beef teriyaki, and some vegetarian type. Was very filling and tasted good.

Attached: 7B10BDA0-45D6-4C2F-A355-4D88E8BC9671.jpg (750x733, 297K)

kys tripfag