IFAK

What things are imperative in an IFAK?

(aside bandages)

Attached: 20170609_200112_large.jpg (360x480, 31K)

gun?

military related

Pretty much what you got pictured and actual practice/training in using them.

Also Isreali bandages/AceWraps.

Pretty much the opposite of that pic.
First focus should be the booboo kit. This should include everything from band aids and neosporin to tweezers.
Second is hemorrhage control. A tourniquet has no real place in a personal ifak.

Lube, condoms, lip balm, hemorrhoid cream, milk of magnesia, douche, speculum, and latex gloves.

Basic IFAK contents
>CAT or SOFTT-W
>Combat Gauze
>Compressed gauze
>Israeli/ETB or ACE wrap
>NPA (kinda useless but meh)
>Chest seal
>NCD
>Nitrile gloves
>tape (medical or duct tape)
>some form of tc3 card with info about person already filled out
Very basic. You can add shears if you have a place for them.

Chest seal should be added.

Airsoft grade opinions.

>actual regular guy medic
>airsoft
Ok.

Attached: 1122222.png (181x183, 61K)

I'm going into nursing and want to go into trauma or someshit. Are leatherman Raptors overkill?

The things you listed are really only useful in an environment where you have support or the ability to get to support. And it's almost entirely focused on hemorrhage control. Like military.

CRKT makes a stripper tool that's cheaper and more simple.

what is an "NCD"?

It's and IFAK. What are you planning on providing austere or prolonged field care?

needle decompression. tard

No you should carry useful things and make hemorrhage control second or third priority. Like I posted already.

yes.

Thanks, I'll give her a look.

Attached: DEE56339FE654E73AAA682DE6CEAE968.jpg (640x584, 167K)

No shit retard. What are you larping for? A scenario where you eat a bullet and are fine? What does your ideal IFAK contain? Three bandaids and a pistol with a single round in it, because if you sustain any serious injury you're better off just offing yourself since apparently getting help isn't an option?

Tourniquet, bandage and occlusive dressing. That's it, unless you've been properly trained DO NOT try to decompress a lung or use a NPA.

And gloves if you care to help someone else

ABC is great for outdated civilian medicine. Not actual trauma. You should look up the MARCH sequence.

Did they get rid of the extra P?

This but no NCD. I also have
>ASA
>Disposable CPR mask thing
>SWAT-T
>Strap cutter
>Some basic bandaids and antiseptic wipes
Not sure if it's worth carrying a narcan kit. I'm not a druggy but people have OD'd from getting too close to druggies in public places.

Just a FYI, as long as a person is breathing do not give them narcan. As soon as you do, you have an extremely pissed person because you stole their high

>not narcanning people for the lulz

I carry my ideal first aid kit with me. Some times I'll add to it but the core stays the same.
Neosporin
2 sizes of Band aids
Moleskin
Bear aspirin
Burn Gel
Sting Kill
Anti itch gel
Steri strips
Wetnaps
Burts

3m tape
Shears
tweezers
numask
nitrile gloves

for hemorrhage control
HH gauze
Combat gauze
Try reading.

I know, I mostly want to carry one in case my friends or family got too close to one of them again. One time I was at the mall with my dad and a druggie OD'd right behind us and bumped into my dad right before collapsing onto the floor. Nothing bad happened to us but idk me or my dad could've gotten affected by him.

An IFAK or Individual First Aid Kit, is centered around combat trauma. Not a booboo kit like you listed.

I don't know jack shit about emergency medicine but I can tell everything you've written so far is grade A autistic.

Attached: ta8iyfo57ugz.jpg (429x571, 55K)

Your patient will bleed out from massive hemorrhaging before oxygen deprivation kills them. Vice versa, hypothermia thanks to blood loss in conjunction with shock was something stupid like 80% fatal from when I went through my basic TCCC training.

IFAK is meant to keep yourself or another alive until proper medical care can arrive.

Again. It depends if you have support or the ability to get to support. I do stupid shit like hiking off trail in places I shouldn't be. If something did happen 1 I don't want to risk any search and rescue people getting hurt coming to get me out and 2 it's going to take those guys hours not hoping on a helicopter.
Compliments from airsofters saying tourniquets are needed,
Read

Ok find Mr. Read. You want a basic bitch soccer mom medical kit, not a fucking IFAK. Go to walmart and buy a fucking basic first aid kit and move the fuck on.

>basic bitch soccer mom medical kit, not a fucking IFAK. Go to walmart and buy a fucking basic first aid kit and move the fuck on.
Good job reading.

>medial compound fracture of femur which perforated femoral artery on it's way out
Well at least I have my anti-aggregant meds like aspirin.

Your kit is literally a soccer mom kit.
>gause
>bandaids
>some burn cream
throw in some stickers, to heal hurt feelings.

Because a self applied tourniquet is going to help you there. Sometimes I wonder if you kids ever actually tried applying a tourniquet properly.
>All I need is hemorrhage control for my airsoft kit

Don't forget to add some sunscreen to your kit.
>ree you don't need a lightweight compact tourniquet, how dare you prepare for an injury more serious than a skinned knee

But. It will. I've saved someone with this exact injury with a TQ and a pelvic binder. TQ for the bleeding and pelvic binder for any possible internal bleeding/damage to ilium.

>Don't forget to add some sunscreen to your kit.
Oh I forget to list that. I carry it outside it though.

You're far more likely to loose a limb than save yourself with a self applied tourniquet in the middle of nowhere.

So I cant accident get shot while at my local range? Shit happens all the time, nigger.

>I've saved someone
Again try reading. That shit is meaningless for solo first aid.

What's this? You can get a reaction from proximity to someone who is ODing on opioids?

>reading
Alright it's cool man. Just a tip so you don't die. Arterial blood is bright red, so focus on stopping that first. Have fun.

If anyone has any serious inquiries about trauma based medicine I can hang around for a little bit or point you in the right direction.

Attached: 1484115546463.png (763x960, 375K)

Kys

>my support based first aid should be applied to solo first aid
And this is why larpers and retarded emts need to stop.

>tourniquet has no place in an IFAK
Idiots like you shouldn't be able to reproduce.
desu you should have a minimum of one tourniquet probably more like four

Have fun loosing a limb.

Option 1: bleed out in a a few minutes
Option 2: attempt something more advanced than applying a little mermaid band-aid.
You might as well throw some stupid pills in your IFAK while you're at it so the withdrawal symptoms don't sneak up on you.

That's why one of the mandatory requirements for a my TCCC class was being able to self apply a TQ one handed on ourselves in under 7 seconds.....

.... also 127 hours evidently doesn't exist as a perfect example.

If combat guaze isn't enough you're probably fucked.
Ya because it's reasonable to carry a tourniquet in a position to allow that. The only place outside miltary that happens is airsoft.

Do you carry a gun?

People outside the military don't need guns.

>Do you carry a gun?
Depends where I'm going and if the state allows it.
>People outside the military don't need guns.
The same logic really. What works for the military doesn't work for civilian use.

So what happens when the combat gauze doesn't adhere to the wound? You got enough combat gauze? That one you just used isn't going to work now. A TQ makes wound packing easier because you've stopped immediate bleeding. It's pretty difficult to pack when there's arterial bleeding splurtting from a hole the size of a peanut.

He was able to get his backpack off and dig through it for shit like water, food, etc. You act like he had some special TQ holder on his belt. You're literally retarded, I feel sorry for you. Thousands examples each day when a TQ could of been used to save some one life (Car crash)

>I do stupid shit like hiking off trail in places I shouldn't be.

Then may I politely recommend a PLB? That will get you your helicopter, and it'll get it a lot fucking faster, so if you do happen to do something nasty that is past your capacity to self rescue help will arrive swiftly and with a capability to get close to you, instead of searching fruitlessly.

>So what happens when the combat gauze doesn't adhere to the wound? You got enough combat gauze?
I'm fucked. The difference is between what I'm willing to carry or not at all.
>A TQ makes wound packing easier because you've stopped immediate bleeding.
Now I know you're an airshitter. No serious person is going to say a tourniquet works immediately. And if your first thing is to go to a tourniquet before trying anything else you have either no first aid training or it's solely military.
I'd love to see this pack and pouch where you can get a tourniquet out and apply it in 7 seconds.
I carry a gps sometimes. I should carry it always but hey.

as opposed to my life, yeah, i'll have considerably more fun.

>I carry a gps sometimes. I should carry it always but hey.

I mean PLB as in the small version of an EPIRB - a beacon that sends a distress signal by satellite - and if you're not a poorfag and spend the extra fifty bucks sends a GPS location with it, so your rescuers are searching a 100x100yd point, not a mile by a mile. I've been on a number of air searches for lost people in scrub and at sea and I'm not memeing - the difference is fucking immense. I think I've been involved in 100-150 searches involving an EPIRB/PLB and one of them resulted in the poor fucker dying; I've been involved in about a dozen that didn't have a beacon and we found someone half the time.

You'd probably still die in all reality in that situation. Virtually all people that carry a tourniquet and try to apply it. Since nobody actually practices it and if they do it's never tight enough.

It's like that facebook battle going on between the two tactical tourniquet companies. Shit is all sales. If you're a civilian carrying a tourniquet you're probably a schmuck.
Yes it's a garmin. Part of the point of being off trail is getting away from technology. At least for me.

Attached: 0068475187ee472a14af370d401d2bc2.jpg (1280x800, 114K)

>Yes it's a garmin. Part of the point of being off trail is getting away from technology. At least for me.

I'll reiterate - I'm not talking about a navigation device. I'm talking about a four ounce blob the size of a pistol mag that won't tell you where you are and doesn't even have a screen - that you chuck in your pack and forget about, until you find yourself with two broken legs, or bitten by a snake, etc. Not a GPS navigator. Totally different things.

What is the proper usage for a NPA, anyway?

Like what kinda injury would require you use one, and could you fashion an alternative without one?

I think you retards disagreeing with me should look up the actual recommend use for these things. Most come with simple instructions. Then tell me how it would work out if you're in the middle of nowhere with no help for at least hours.
Let me say again. I have a garmin. It's not a dedicated beacon but it has the SOS call.

Maintaining an open airway. Patient/casualty is unconscious. DON'T use on any patient with any type of head trauma. If you don't have one to use then just use the head-tilt chin lift or jaw thrust if you suspect a spinal/neck injury. Or just put them in the recovery position.

good luck pal

It's called prolonged fieldcare you dip. Maybe get learned on it and learn how to use the actual medical supplies. The shit you've listed won't last you past the first hour of any type of serious injury.

But hoping I'm conscious enough, mindful enough, and have the dexterity to tend to a tourniquet is something I should rely on right?

>Then tell me how it would work out if you're in the middle of nowhere with no help for at least hours.
Well again since we have a real world example of a guy literally being out there for 127 hours.... yeah your fucking retarded. Stop trying to larp pretending your the revenent fighting off bears and using gunpowder to seal your wounds.

How much of a shill are you to seriously suggest using a tourniquet for days is ok. No one suggests that.

Get off 4chins. Go to prolongedfieldcare.org and learn how not to die.

Wow you're actually defending prolong application of a tourniquet. That's something...

Oh so it's literally just for keeping an airway open on people who are unconscious or unable to do so themselves?

Imo that sounds like a very niche piece of equipment. Why are they issued with every single military ifak?

You wont but feel free to post the literature you got this idea of having a tourniquet applied for 5 days is recommended.

This thread gave me cancer.
t. Paramedic

Because if they're unconscious and they need to be moved without any proper liter it could compromise the airway. Personally I prefer an ETT with my mini laryngoscope set or supraglottic device if I have one on me. Or in extreme circumstances a cric. But for Joe proof methods an NPA will...sorta work lol

Why are you still here. Go read.

I carry a full IFAK with me and a SOF TT wide. I don't care if you are too dense to know when you should use one, not my problem.
TQ, Combat gauze, plain gauze, chest seal x2, ARS needle (decompression), NPA with surgical lube, pressure dressing, tape, sharpie, quick cutters, and gloves.
Get professional training, refresh often.

What would you suggest I pack into an IFAK for general outdoorsy stuff and hunting?

Mostly typical common outdoor injuries, with the possibility of gunshot wounds from random dumbasses?

>Why are you still here. Go read.
See
Where is it? Because the general rule is 2-3 hours before you're at risk of injury with a tourniquet.

I used my NPA when I got my wisdom teeth pulled to smoke a cigarette because Joe's in the barracks are often retarded and I thought I was funny.

That pic in general it is what is in mine.

>outdated trauma med
>ACLS and basic pharm/narc knowledge
Good on ya. You're still not better than the nurses you brief about the PT to.
Be better. Go flight.

Why anyone takes this retard seriously I'll never quite understand, but go ahead and bleed out in a few minutes in a country help is less than an hour away in most places because you got baited into throwing away your TQ.

>Because the general rule is 2-3 hours before you're at risk of injury with a tourniquet.
Considering that has been proven false thanks to our experiences in Iraq and Afghanistan, your still an idiot. Leroy Petry had a TQ on his arm for around 18 hours and still retained use of the arm after removal and the destroyed portion was amputated. Just like dude in 127 hours, he also retained use of what was left of his arm.

If it is a wound that requires a TQ, then you need a damn TQ vice just dying from blood loss. It is ALWAYS better to lose a limb than to just straight up die you fucking idiot. If it truly comes down to it and it is a packable/sealable wound but bloos loss is way to rampant then you can do a temporary TQ to keep your ass alive while packing the wound.

Israeli bandages are a fucking meme.

>single cases that you will never give the literature on
Btw even the site you linked too says less than 2 hours.

What's wrong with them?

>mfw some retard is actively saying you should not carry a TQ in your IFAK

Attached: brain fully engaged uzi.jpg (445x526, 44K)

I like you. You just sort of said, well I'll probably die. You are like a race car driver that decided, well fuck it. If anything bigger than what I can handle I am fucked. You are the guy who gives up and just decides to kys, once you are out of options.

I include some pills in my IFAK. The idea for that is sometimes *I* have to get to the medical location and they wont or cant come to me. Things can happen and you or others cant move easily. This will slow you down and they could get worse. So included are the following pills for 5 days inthe same container with just a label of what is what:
1. Anti-Diarrhea (you'd be surprised how bad this can get)
2. Amoxicillin (Best antibacterial drug you can easily get)
3. Pain killer/Fever reducer (Broken anything will suck, infected broken anything can be much worse if you cant think straight)

Still waiting for any real doctor or literature that recommends a tourniquet over gauze for long term.
These can be useful.

Can someone give recommendations for an everyday "IFAK"
We aren't military, if someone gets hurt is is most likely an allergy, bad cut, fall, etc.
GSWs are possible, but I don't feel like they should take up 100% of the kit.
I'd like something for the office that that I can also hide my gun in.

You already bled to death by that point, gg

Why not both?

Have yourself an IFAK and then just put together another larger and more comprehensive traditional first aid kit.

see my basic list
Ignore the airshitters that shill for the tactical tourniquets. Also no decompression needles.
Because it takes up space. Most importantly there's no way I'm keeping a tourniquet on my person. It's going to be a in pack. Dedicating that much for a tool that is worthless for me in almost all situations isn't happening.

>A tourniquet has no real place in a personal ifak
No gunz detected

Attached: 1552511260174.jpg (580x548, 21K)

Can I join your airsoft team?

Yes but you have to have at least 3 tourniquets on you at all times for possible boo-boos or skinwalker attacks