What is the most accurate auto-loading action...

what is the most accurate auto-loading action? does delayed blowback still have an accuracy advantage over rotating bolt or has modern manufacturing made free float barrels obsolete?

Attached: hk-psg1.jpg (1016x408, 70K)

Was this post made by a bot stringing together terms? Or sn autist that knows zero about rifles?

You be the judge

Its not just the action that makes a gun accurate.

>does delayed blowback still have an accuracy advantage over rotating bolt

It never did. The only time blowback is better is when the only other alternative is a short or long recoil action, like in handguns.

i am retarded but that aside i mean delayed blowback vs gas operated but i assume that rotating bolt is the most accurate gas operated locking system anyways

yeah obviously but it is obviously a factor

thats not what commie fag ian told me

>yeah obviously but it is obviously a factor
One of many factors. You'll never be able to pick up two guns that are identical in every way except action then proclaim "this action is more accurate than that one" its a complete misnomer.

yeah that makes sense but people still shit on tilt locking bolts evidence aside

Attached: tilting bolt.gif (703x197, 440K)

Again its far more complex than that. Actually beyond all this shit about actions, I would be more pressed to say that the shooter is a far more important factor than the gun itself. For instance you can have a 1000 yard, 0.50moa gun, but anyone can't just pick it up and use it.

He was talking about all the shit they had to do to turn an HK91 into a decent target rifle, not comparing it to an AR.

Yeah, but a 4 minute gun will stay a 4 minute gun. At some point the craftsman has to sit down and admit his tools are holding him back.

oh that makes sense

i didnt even know that level of accuracy was possible tbqh

>Yeah, but a 4 minute gun will stay a 4 minute gun
Long distance shooters don't give a fuck about what is or isn't some measured gun accuracy. Its not about that, its not some shit you pick up and say "oh this is a 0.5MOA gun" or something like its a brand or name or what ever.

You really gotta sit down and actually read about what makes a gun accurate before you start throwing stupid shit around like "its a 1moa gun" because it really shows how little you know about it.

It should be in theory, because the barrel doesn't have shit hanging off it, potentially shifting its position between shots due to recoil forces, and more importantly disrupting barrel harmonics. This is supposed to be the reason why bolt guns tend to be more accurate. I wonder if the PSG would have been more accurate without the stupid polygonal rifling. Nevertheless it was a highly accurate autoloader for the time.

To answer the OP's question, roller delayed blowback isn't really worth the cost when you can get even piston guns well into sub-MOA territory. Might as well spend the extra money on a better barrel.

But it's no coincidence that the most accurate action also happens to be the cheapest and mechanically simplest design.

Attached: 13828601_3.jpg (1200x861, 77K)

But not because its mechanically cheap or simple.
A bolt action doesn't guarantee accuracy its just one method long distance shooters employ. Those mosins weren't made for accuracy, just because they were bolt action didn't mean their barrels weren't garbage or the handguards weren't fucking up the barrel or the ammo wasn't garbage.

Like I said, there is FAR more to it and pointing at one tiny facet is stupid. Any gun can be accurate relative to another regardless of a single feature.

if you had the opportunity to build the perfect accurate gun in a hypothetical world with all other aspects being the same which would you choose and which is more accurate?

Don't be reductive, that "super ultra amazing accurate gun" you're telling me to build wouldn't be shit without the correct ammo. More accurate? Accurate relative, accurate compared to what? I could build the best bolt action and magically keep everything the same for a semi-auto of virtually any kind and get the same relative accuracy.

Jow Forums is like /o/
>I'm an expert on every car I've never driven
>I don't know anything about this subject but I have a 1st grader's level understanding that this number is better than that number
>I can be overly simplistic about a very complex subject to the point I'm often wrong in every simplistic approach I take.

did you not understand "all things being the same" also im OP and i clearly asked about auto-loaders in specific. I dont know much about funs but im trying to learn and you literally have made no point or introduced any useful info to this discussion you may as well joina political discussion and start saying "we live in a society" over and over again i dont get why youre even in this thread

I'm gonna quote this from another thread where someone made up some dumb shit about an impossible scenario

>Stupid impossible scenario that doesn't hold any ground in reality and is defined by an arbitrary set of rules to result in the outcome you're looking for. Why even bother making the thread?

>I don't know anything about the subject at hand
>but I want a cut and dry answer to something incredibly complex
>my question really doesn't have an answer because I don't know what I'm asking about because I know nothing about the subject.
>wow wtf why aren't you guys giving me useful answers.

"all things considered the same" in this realm is genuinely impossible and a bullshit excuse to ask a dumb question.

you: "im a dumb nigger"

if it doesnt matter just say it doesnt matter youre just introducing "muh other factors" because you dont know the answer or because it ultimately doesnt matter youre just typing to read your own words nigger

>just say it doesn't matter
It does matter but your question is dumb and leading. It implies there is a cut and dry answer when there isn't. Saying "it doesn't matter" is on par with being as disingenuous as before.

You can't just pick an action and call it more accurate, its far more complex than that. I told you this back here So instead of realizing you're asking a stupid, answerless question you really ought to just fucking read about what makes a gun accurate because its very complex and a lot goes into making something accurate. An action is not "accurate" wtf does that even mean?

Accurate relative to what? You have to have some sort of litmus test or standard to refer to when comparing your accuracy. Long range shooters do simple statistics on their shot placements and correlate them vs their previous results, the ammo they're using everything. They often boil it down to simpler things like "well I had less deviation with this ammo I made, I'll go back to the other formula next time because this ammo is not as accurate as my previous batch".

Saying "this action is more accurate than another" is stupid and uninformative.

I doubt the action had anything to do with its accuracy. The heavy barrel is key, and a sturdy steel receiver can help. I think the autism with the PSG1 was that it had to be 1 MOA guaranteed with 50 shot strings.

Modern ammo + heavy profile/accurized barrel should give you good precision out of any modern semi-auto.

yeah i guess youre right

>Modern ammo + heavy profile/accurized barrel should give you good precision out of any modern semi-auto.

This. Its the same process they made the M21 when converting M14's. M14's from the springfield factory were approximately 3moa with factory M80 147gr ammo the army was using at the time. Through a slew of tedious accurization procedures they were able to (coupled with appropriate mk316 or m118 175gr ammo) they can be very very accurate guns relative to regular M14's. There is a huge change up in the bedding, the barrel, the gas block, the operating rod, trigger, even the flash hider was widened so that it interfered with the gasses less. The action was remarkably touched very little when M14's were converted to M21's.

If anything the pg riflING probably made it more accurate than normal rifling

Legit never had a chance you absolute mong. You know how much shit they had to change to that bitch to accurize it? It is basically a completelt different rifle from a g3. Your questions are as stupid as you are. It never had advantage over something with a better lockup jesus christ fuck you for getting me started rollers, wear, welding, headspace you stupid cunt. Are free float barrels obsolete? Fucking kill yourself you stupid liberal whore.

barrel harmonics is a hell of a meme my guy. What matters most is consistent lock time, dwell time, and how the barrel is floated and what the profile of the barrel is. honestly rotating bolt disturbs the barrel the least in a practical sense, but a roller delayed bolt has a dickload of potential if not for the fact that it's really hard to time correctly.

>barrel harmonics is a hell of a meme
Are you actually retarded? Internal ballistics based on harmonics is incredibly important

>At some point the craftsman has to sit down and admit his tools are holding him back.
A good workman never blames his tools,
The perfect workman only has his tools to blame