Practically...

Practically, what's stopping any of the extremely talented military men around the world with huge networks and resources at their fingertips from creating their own Outer Heaven?
Loyalty to nations?
Loyalty to armies?
Threat of punitive action?
If you view it as unfeasible, what makes it so?

Attached: 1474619803205.jpg (727x1007, 463K)

Nukes is what is stopping them, nobody would allow them to acquire or develop nuclear weapons

And if they did have nukes?
What about the hundreds of countries that don't have nukes today?

Attached: phantom pain.jpg (1920x1080, 87K)

They the US pulls a false flag genocide on some civilians to have an excuse to invade.

So what happens when they invade and the US gets nuked?
WW3? MAD?

It wouldn't be Outer Heaven without nukes, it would just be an african paramilitary base. If they had nukes then you better believe they would get fucked by some super power.

see These are genuine questions by the way, I have answers in my head but I like hearing you guys' thoughts too

one nuke going off from a known source that isn't even a country isn't gonna make the US and Russia go full send. It'll just make Outer Heaven into the worst terrorist organization to ever exist.

So it's more than just having A nuke, but about having a nuclear arsenal?

They wouldn't be able to acquire a single nuke, let alone an arsenal.

so you're saying that they only need 1 nuke, and they'll still have a full arsenal at their disposal? this doesn't diminish power..

Probably comfort
>I have it so good in (home country) why would I join this group and make everyone hate me?

If, hypothetically, someone had control of a significant nuclear arsenal, and the means to launch nukes at will, what then would be the progression?

Progression of what? Sanctions probably at first and because the group would have no reason to launch anything, probably nothing. They would run out of money then a country would sweep in and take over dismantling them. Remember that Metal Gear isn't that realistic, dude. People have mystic, superhuman powers in those games. This thought exercise is retarded, desu.

I realise that MGS is, indeed, a video game with crazy fantasy scenario writing
I'm just curious to hear expanded thought processes

they'd be globally prosecuted terrorists that would be wiped out inside 6 hours of them acquiring, stealing, or staging a nuclear weapon

if it was fucking easy we'd be getting hit by rogue nuclear weapons since ww2 and nuclear terrorism would have some form of track record. i dont think you quite understand how highly secured nuclear weapons and the materials that go into their manufacturing are

You people are retards, cowering at nuclear weapons, the real threat of the 21st century is biological weapons. Nuclear warfare is old news. One dedicated group with the wrong intentions and the right knowledge could fuck up a ton of people way easier than they could with the nuclear capabilities of a small country.

Because you work FOR and WITH the government on your private military, not on your own.

Attached: Academi_-_Logo.svg.png (1920x407, 46K)

>This thread again
Life is not a video game.
Life is not a movie.
Be 14 elsewhere.

What do you dream of, user?

Attached: 1528237009166.jpg (724x543, 101K)

Common sense

@40936868
Money & tits, neither of which has anything to do with this being a dumb question that's been asked a million times.

Would you rather have a “WHY DON’T WE HAVE MECHS” thread?
What about a “GERMANY/JAPAN COULD TOTALLY HAVE WON” thread?

This. Gubbmint hates competition.

>with huge networks and resources at their fingertips
How often do talented soldiers have THAT much money and connections, OP, really?

This. The Jews know this as well... Thus 23andme

You know the answer is no which makes me wonder why you asked in the first place. Putting out a fire does not require replacing the fire with something else.

Um, for global stability, theres no way a PMC would be allowed to develop that much. The US, the UK, France, Russia, etc.. would all step in the moment it was big enough to field its own airforce.

That said, i think i'd be cool to exist.

Hi Skull Face?

Because you need a country to put it in and that doesn't work for people that don't want a country

The military relies on tax dollars to supply them with the money to do research and buy lots of tanks and jets and shit. A mercenary group would have to get money only from doing jobs. Academi can’t raise enough money to build an armored division or invent new types of tanks like a nation state can. If Academi got in the way of real countries they would be declared a terrorist group and hunted down. Mercenaries getting nukes is like Al Qaeda getting nukes. Maybe America would have to tread more lightly around them but the resentment will grow and Countries will be constantly plotting your downfall. Kind of like what happened in the games, trying to get nukes was a mistake.

Attached: FBD41C92-1C05-491F-8D81-E3FE91E0A724.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

Consider Metal Gear 5. If Big Boss said fuck the world we have nukes we do what we want what you gonna do about it bitch? America, Russia, and China would be constantly fucking with them. Watching on satellite, sanctions on anyone who deals with you, assasination attempts with plausible deniability, etc. They could drive a few giant bombs in drone submersibles under your oil rig and kill you all in a first strike. You don’t really have a good delivery method for your few nukes.

>Practically, what's stopping any of the extremely talented military men around the world with huge networks and resources at their fingertips from creating their own Outer Heaven?
Money. Running your own military costs a substantial amount of money. A rogue special operations group would have to sustain itself through illegal dealings such as drug smuggling, human trafficking, forced prostitution, etc. which would quickly puncture any hope of a heroic image among the general public.

they prob. have