How retarded can you be

Who the fuck looks at this and says : yeah this thing is truly a better choice than the FAL.

Its so much better that im gonna fuck over all of my allies because of it.

Adopting this over the FAL was one of the most retarded moves in the history of warfare

Attached: piece of shit.jpg (640x195, 32K)

cry moar

Attached: Springfield M1A.jpg (3492x2284, 2.7M)

That's a strange way to insult the HK G3

And the FAL is garbage.

try shooting that thing in full auto and to hot anything but your comrades

but the FAL sucks too

I don't have a full auto gun and neither do you. But I also have a semi FAL and I like the M1A better. So NYAAHHH

Attached: SA58.jpg (3140x1618, 1.03M)

never said the G3 wasnt better but literally anything is better than the WW2 ass looking M14.

>implying that matters to the military who has full auto guns

Would have been useful at the start of the vietnam war to be able to hose the farmers down with full auto

Why are FALfags such bitches?

he probably has a ptr desu. a lot of the people who have fals also have m14 clones

The AR-10 was the superior Cold War Era Battle Rifle. Fight me!

Attached: AR-10 Best Battle Rifle.png (960x769, 1.1M)

anyone got the Brownell's AR-10 clone? how is it?

If I didn't already have my own AR-10 build, I'd consider the Brownells BRN-10. The only problem that I heard about the BRN-10 is that it will only accept steel/aluminum magazines.

Attached: Chelsea_1.jpg (3159x3024, 2.61M)

The M14 was my favorite rifle growing up, before I started actually shooting guns. And then I realized that it's kind of a POS, at least in it's original configuration.

Springfield straight-up scammed the US government, they claimed M14s could be modified cheap from existing M1s, and built some prototypes to prove it. Gov't says great, a modern select-fire battle rifle at the lowest possible cost, we'll take it.
Then before production starts, whoops, turns out that M1 receivers won't work properly with the final design. But the government has already made its choice and allocated funds, so fuck it, let's see how well this works out. We might not get as many rifles but they should still be good.
And they weren't. Turns out trying to mutate a design from nineteen-thirty-fucking-four and adopt it as a modern battle rifle in the late '50s is a terrible idea. Sure, it wasn't the worst rifle ever made (and still looks great), but it was a far cry from the best, even at the time.
Though, the M14's shortcomings could be argued to have helped the (fairly) rapid development and adoption of the M16, entering service first with the Air Force in 1960, and by the Army as the M16A1 in 1961.

>Turns out trying to mutate a design from nineteen-thirty-fucking-four and adopt it as a modern battle rifle in the late '50s is a terrible idea.

Except it worked out just fine for the Italians.

It's adequate but yes the FAL is better

I just hate rocking in the magazines for this

This. The BM59 is STILL in service with the italian navy.

>you are this mad

The Italians had money at the time of manufacturing. The M1 didn’t have much money considering the depression.

This. Literally the best thing the m14 did was suck so hard and waste so much time and money that the ar was adopted.

Well the Italians where logical and designed a well engineered gun based on need, and not just trying to scam the government. Anyone who thinks m14s are good needs to shoot a BM. It's everything the m14 isn't. Which is to say, good.

>Italians had money post ww2
Imagine being this retard.

It was the reason the original m1 did not have magazines. That and post ww1 generals being worried about losing mags.