Need a rifle case. What do you use?

I need a carbine length case... hard or soft? Why not both? Any recs?

Attached: brotectmuhfuns.jpg (4326x2181, 1.66M)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B00C3MFDKK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/Plano-All-Weather-Scoped-Rifle-Shotgun/dp/B07B7SB486/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=11529WRNKQDPN&keywords=plano+42+all+weather+tactical+gun+case&qid=1553217762&s=gateway&sprefix=plano+42&sr=8-4&th=1&psc=1
opticsplanet.com/skb-cases-roto-mil-std-waterproof-case-5-deep-w-wheels-and-layer-foam-49-1-2-x-9-x-5.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I prefer hard cases because soft ones don't feel like they offer enough protection. Also even the most basic Plano hard case works well for rifles, lots of lock points and is approved for plane travel even on the 36 inch model.

I wrap my guns up in a nice soft Cotton brand towel

Second for plano. I have a couple and they work well. You can get aftermarket foam for them too if you don't care for the pluckable squares.

inb4 low effort erection jokes

Not to hijack OP's thread, but can anyone recommend a hard case that's long enough for 52+ inch rifles? I have a Gras rifle, Swiss 1911, and a Springfield Trapdoor, and finding a case for them is a little tricky.

Hard case for the decoration possibilities

Attached: Case2.jpg (1920x1083, 1.2M)

I use a Drago soft case that has backpack straps on it, which is nice since you're much less likely to bump it into anything when it's on your back, especially at an indoor range.
For a lot of my more expensive guns though, I like having gun-specific Pelican hard cases, just for that peace of mind.
Also custom-cut foam hard cases are sexy as fuck.

Attached: SsId2El.jpg (3456x5184, 1.64M)

hard over soft most of the time, I have a couple of Pelicans but would never suggest to someone. Plano's are good enough. If not planning to travel on airlines then even cheaper is fine.

I'm confused by my feels. this is gay AND cool....what?

Look for used guitar cases on eBay or Craigslist.

Attached: acid_picdump_05.jpg (640x636, 156K)

Thats clever. I've heard stories of neighbors seeing people load guns into their car and calling police, guitar cases would keep them off your back.

Is custom laser cut foam in a hard case a john wick meme or is it worth the effort?
Not a fan of how it locks in the configuration of your rifle

My recently moved in neighbors called the cops on me already, and before I'd just openly put guns into my backseat whenever I felt like going out to shoot. I still do this, because the cops were upset that they've wasted their time, but they give me the stink eye every time.

Maybe I'll take them shooting sometime, and compliment afterwards with a bbq or something.

1) what state
2) post pic of urself. I'm picturing a real Klebold type

What's the most amusing kind of case you could put an Uzi in? Violin is kind of played out. Was thinking saxophone or maybe a Sawzall case.

Pic related is my Pelican 1720 minus the foam. A double rifle case, but I find you can't have too much room. It's heavy and can take a beating, and doubles as range bag/rifle storage when away from home. Never tried Plano, but they seem a good option as well.

Attached: k_cowboycase.jpg (3000x1162, 608K)

It's a meme in general. Only worth it if you have a high-dollar gun you need to protect from getting bumped around in transit.

get an SKB, and the best padlocks out currently.

SKB cases are fucking indestructible.

$30.00 bucks - you cannot beat this price.
amazon.com/gp/product/B00C3MFDKK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attached: 1452996669987.jpg (1024x732, 102K)

I have one of those plano double rifle cases, unfortunately it has middle "support" points for extra protection that makes it barely fit both in one configuration only.
It works but the very top of one of my scope flip up covers gets slightly squashed against the edge, so now it won't stay down.
Beats just leaving them out to collect dust or get bumped I guess.

Attached: basically_like_this_one.jpg (700x525, 51K)

amazon.com/Plano-All-Weather-Scoped-Rifle-Shotgun/dp/B07B7SB486/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=11529WRNKQDPN&keywords=plano+42+all+weather+tactical+gun+case&qid=1553217762&s=gateway&sprefix=plano+42&sr=8-4&th=1&psc=1

These go on sale a lot if you watch gun.deals

Got one for $60, it's pretty good quality. Not pelican tier but for the money, very pleased. The one downside is that it is tough to fit 2 long guns in. You can maybe squeeze 2 in, or do a rifle and an extra upper, rifle and pistol(s), rifle and accessories, etc.

opticsplanet.com/skb-cases-roto-mil-std-waterproof-case-5-deep-w-wheels-and-layer-foam-49-1-2-x-9-x-5.html

It's hardly ever laser cut. Most guys do it themselves with a hot knife and a box cutter. Good foam is retarded expensive for what it is, though. Easily half the cost of the actual case.

Dremel case

dig it. nice pic user, kinda jelly.

good info thx

I like soft cases for going to the range and hard cases if I am going some where far. The Plano hard cases with wheels are awesome for their price. Soft cases are easier to carry for general use though. Get one with a few pockets to store mags and shit. Makes it so that your range bag isnt over loaded.

It is? Well shit.

Ok. Makes sense. Maybe I will try this soft case that also fits inside a Storm Case iM3100 if I need to take it out of state or something.

pic

Attached: whynotboth.jpg (1230x665, 215K)