Bullpup Rifles

What's the best bullpup rifle or shotgun for under $800 or so? No reason other than I think they look cool and would like a new toy to play with.

Attached: bp12-12ga-bullpup_3_web.png (1000x584, 525K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sportsmansguide.com/product/index/kel-tec-rdb-semi-automatic-556-nato-223-rem-172-barrel-201-rounds?a=1947326
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tavor

If you're not willing to pay big bucks, unironically a 10/22 in one of those neat ZK-22 stocks. Just remember to use an 18.5 inch barrel, unless you want your dog shot for having a rifle that's not long enough.

im still looking for the video to pic related

Attached: 1543926348778.gif (444x250, 2.06M)

>Tavor
>under 800
Probably a lelkek.

KSG is a fine shotgun, can be had for

KS7, maybe. Though new design and all, it might be smarter to wait till they work the kinks out of it.

if u in canada, type 97

I concur with this post. If you want something serious, you're going to have to pony up some cash bruh. The only bullpup I'd really consider at this point is an AUG with both stocks for maximum waffle and stanag compatibility.

What do you all think about the PS90?

Attached: Front heavy.jpg (1500x1125, 494K)

Don't get one under $800. If you're in Canuckistan, you can get a type 97 (a civilian QBZ-95) for that much, but even that's questionable. The X95 would be my bullpup of choice, and it's way more than $800.

Attached: 1920px-Stock_T97NSR.jpg (1920x794, 310K)

>RDB is a fine rifle, can be had for right around $800 time to time.

For example, now.

sportsmansguide.com/product/index/kel-tec-rdb-semi-automatic-556-nato-223-rem-172-barrel-201-rounds?a=1947326

I have one, it's a fun range toy. It is a picky eater, tho. Doesn't like steel-case ammo. Stick to brass and it's reliable once you get the gas dialed in.

PS90 is an interesting piece of engineering, but I am not a fan of the round it's chambered in.

this is the most reasonable response I could have expected

I would definitely recommend the 'NR' version. You could conceivably (if you got lucky with diligent deal-hunting) get a KSG-NR and the tax stamp to legally cut it down AND a 12ga facing bit all for under $200.

Attached: ksgnr.jpg (1800x1000, 155K)

Gathers dust in my safe. Ammo isn't particularly exciting to shoot. I have more fun with 5.56 bullpups or pistol/SBRs.

Isnt it the vid of czech gunstore owner that ordered bunch of kebab shotguns and they all turned to be shit? Youtube then. But not going to waste my time searching for kebab shit, sry.

The gen 2 t97s are pretty cool; they come with a flat top upper from China. But you do need to loctite the top rail or it comes loose. The X95 is way better (for nearly $3000 syrupbux it better be), but dollar for dollar, I don't think it beats a T97.

Attached: IMG_8823.jpg (849x632, 139K)

>qbz-95
isn't that chambered in china's six-point-whatever meme cartridge?

If you've already got a piston rifle (mini 14/30, ak, whatever), you could just do a kit.

The QBZ 95 is chambered in 5.8x42mm. The one you can get in Canada is the T97, which is the same design but chambered in 5.56, and it also uses AR magazines. I think most of the other parts are still the same; the gas block is adjustable, it's switched by inserting the base of the cartridge into a set of crimps, then using the casing as a lever to adjust it. On the T97, the crimps are still sized for the 5.8x42 round. The two cartridges are close enough in size that you can still adjust it with a 5.56x45 case, but you can tell that it's not what it was designed for.

Also the drop free mags don't always work. I'm not sure how this happened; Norinco makes an AR clone, the CQ-A, and the drop free mags work there with no problems. It's less of an issue with the Gen 2; the Gen 2 was a real improvement over the gen 1 in terms of production value. Some might even call it an "impressive" improvement, truly exemplifying the majesty of China's rise.

I'm just messing around at 5am, but overall it's a pretty solid piece.

>5.8x42mm
yeah that's what i was thinking of

lucky canacucks allowing imports from china. fuck obama.

>zoomer doesn't know Bush SR was behind the import ban

>the gun, the tax stamp, the bit all for under $200
u wot m8

Thats is a BP-12, which I own. After break in, Its an absolute monster and cycles everything I put in it. Its bretty accurate, recoil is manageable and because its a pup you can fit through doorways hallways with no barrel length sacrafice.

Attached: 20190322_090543.jpg (3664x1772, 3.39M)

obviously meant $800

>Some might even call it an "impressive" improvement, truly exemplifying the majesty of China's rise
Kek'd

>lucky canacucks allowing imports from china
The key to enjoying Chinese guns is in knowing what you're getting, and what you're getting a functional gun that's a little rough around the edges. It may need some filing here, and some break-in there, it may be a little finicky with magazines and it may have the odd feeding issue, and it seems like every gun is unique in terms of what works with it and what doesn't, but once you've got yours figured out, you'll have a reliable gun that you won't be afraid to get a few scratches on. A lot of people get suckered in by the low price points and try and do all kinds of crazy modifications on theirs; I'm talking about guys who will get a $600 CAD Norinco M14 clone, and then sink upwards of $1500 into trying to turn it into a DEE-EMM-ARE. That's not what these guns were designed for.

I want norinco guns because
1: Springfield is a bunch of kikes
And 2: the 305A

Don't watch it. All you need to know is that no amount of aesthetic can trump Turkey's tenancy to make a trash product. Dude in your pic lined up something like 20 guns and every single one got a cracked bolt or receiver before emptying a single mag. It was a combination between cheap materials and the bolts having hard 90° edges which is the bane of an impact-bearing surface. I -think- it has improved since then, but after they willingly shipped such an obviously flawed product, I wouldn't trust them the second time around.

VEPR
Lynx 12
EM-12B
Kalash KS-12

Fucking Canucks even got the T-81

I'm impressed, a good post in what will turn out to be a shit thread.

>factory ps90
BAD
>sbr'd
it's neat but a braced ar pistol is generally the better pick for cost, ammo, training, etc

vepr
but aren't they uber expensive in the US now?

Almost mandatory to SBR a ps90

Can prob buy one for 800-1000 "used" if you look around

>3000 syrupbux
... How much is that in real money? If you pay more than 1400 for a tavor you're retarded

Under $800 no
General thoughts? I fucking love mine. Yeah its a special snowflake because fucking germany veto'ed it because they were salty it was better than what they were putting out.

If it can/does take off that will fix the only problem. Lack of ammo
I really do love it.

It only took off in an alternate dimension where the Soviet Union still exists. Don't see how a cartridge made by a single manufacturer that has been around for almost 30 is going to suddenly have a boost in adoption.

Er, fuck, that said, I do appreciate that Federal is selling plain old FMJ rounds for it, need to try those with five-seven and ps90.

I enjoy my AUG. but it’s semispensive

Attached: 10AB0539-51C3-41B5-9AC2-597EAB0AD762.jpg (1242x1307, 615K)

Get a paratrooper SKS and put the SG works bullpup stock on it.

Just dont left a left handed person shoot it because they will get a mouth full of bolt.

Attached: Shernic.Bullpup.SKS.jpg (1920x1009, 701K)

AUG bro.

Attached: IMG_0266.jpg (4032x3024, 2.98M)

Yeah and they're pretty shitty. We can get SKSes for $200, so Type 81s are less accurate for about 5x the cost. If you're getting one because it's unique and exotic, more power to you, but if you weight the gun solely on it's own merits, most likely you'll come up short.

It would be around $2100 USD? X95s here for for $2700 CAD. These are a different version with a slightly longer barrel, so I'm not sure if the smaller numbers meant for our market would raise costs. It's a fact of life, but in Canada we also have the what's known as the "black rifle tax"; I won't bore you with the Canadian civics lesson, but whenever a nonsemi-automatic rifle with detachable magazines hits our market, it's almost always going to be marked up significantly. We're just starting to see some better priced options now, but that's after Norinco ruled the budget market for most of the past two decades.

>but whenever a nonsemi-automatic rifle
sorry, whenever a semi-automatic

If someone’s selling a tavor for that little then it’s probably best to absolute shit, especially since people usually price their used guns at like $20 off MSRP

Meant to reply to

Nice AUG bro. How you like those 42 round mags

Attached: 6691F4EB-34FC-4F32-B510-4DE0F029B8B4.jpg (4032x3024, 3.02M)

The only way to fly.