Should I buy an AR-15 right now before the USA follows New Zealand’s suit

Should I buy an AR-15 right now before the USA follows New Zealand’s suit

Attached: A9C54C2D-7B9D-4395-812F-4CB98176D9E0.png (640x604, 237K)

Yes, but only if you're going to use it to defend your rights. If not, you're just wasting money.

You should already have an AR, just buy a cheap PSA kit and acquire a stripped lower via private sale (if you intend to sell later when you upgrade), or finish an 80%

>Should I buy an AR-15 right now
Yes.

>before the USA follows New Zealand’s suit
Not going to happen.

It is unlikely that the USA will follow Hobbit-i-stan's suit (at least within the same timespan), but you should still have an AR.

How much are you looking to spend on one?

You should always buy an ar15

Well just go buy 10 m3 pmags from Magpul, 30 round ones, it's meaningless to buy less than 11rounders.
Then buy 20 cheaper D&H aluminum mags 30 rounds

Then buy some Aero AR-15 upper receivers, and lower receivers.

Shouldn't cost you more than 2-300 burger bucks and they're perfect for any unconstitutional ban, breakdown of America, civil war, leftist dictatorship... etc...

Attached: 15-39-19-1550202372400.jpg (664x1024, 51K)

I was looking at the m&p 15 sport II

Not if you’re mentally disturbed or on anti depressants. Otherwise yes.

Get it.

Yeah but what are you gonna do when they make you get a loicense to buy ammo.

Hijacking this thread a little.
What are some alternatives that are similar in quality and price to the AR15. Honestly, I don't really like the AR15, the looks etc. Any other options? Are pistol caliber carbines any good?

>can confiscate 500,000,000 firearms in the US
>can’t deport 11,000,000 contraband burritobois

US states would secede before giving in to such ridiculous legislation.
Even in this modern day and age, we're not THAT far removed.

Attached: Robert_Lee_Confederacy.jpg (1231x910, 299K)

>He wasn't around for 2012-2014
This ain't shit. Everything is OK for now, take it day by day. ARs have never been cheaper

You should buy an AR regardless.

Stop fucking around this isn’t a video game

You should have bought one the second you came of age.

Take the milsurp pill my nigger. Sick aesthetics and expensive munitions will come to you.

at that level, you can trade and barter to collect enough for about 20 loadouts in my opinion for every fighter, buying and stocking up on ammo is fucking pre-mature at this point, we are talking about OP who probably doesn't want to spend much, just buying ammo is stupid for him, my plan sets him up with firearms and mags that will outlive him and therefor any ban as far as he is concerned, we can worry about ammo later lol.

Literally nothing is comparable in the American market if you want a rifle round. The next option would probably be an AK, but you're gonna pay more and probably get less. The AR has basically captured the American market.

dumb frogposter

well, in terms of an intermediate round definitely, highly available tooling, economy of scale and progressively tighter restrictions on imports have basically made ARs so cheap manufacture, with so many invested, that practical disarmament is voided

Well gee bro, sorry that I asked for alternatives to a fucking gun. Whats that got to do with video games. I refuse to believe the AR 15 is the only good rifle in the market, there's just no way.

There's plenty of good rifles, they just all cost more.

>the AR 15 is the only good rifle in the market
it isn't but it is the American rifle, and we've made competition internationally impractical. You've missed the boat on equal opportunity for rifles, and you've missed the boat for competitively priced surplus. It isn't to say competition is non existent, just that the cost of entry is a premium you're responsible for meeting

it's not that it's a good rifle it's that it's the rifle, you will find spare parts, suprplus replacements, ammo and mags easier for that system than any other system across the U.S. and California. In SHTF or simply during a dictator's presidency, you will always be able to add to your AR with the grey market and black market if you have whatever is the rifle of the land. Imagin trying to find parts for a G36 haha gl

It's a solid starter AR; pick it up.

Pick up 5-10 pmags; go on Target Sports USA and pick up 1000 rounds of Wolf Gold for $280 shipped.

I'd get a red dot also (Primary Arms MD-AD advanced, 50,000 battery life, with rotary switch). The Magpul MBUS is a nice sight, but an optic is a very nice "quality of life" upgrade to an AR.

I will shill the Ruger PC here; got one a while back for $450 shipped and it's great - very light and handy to shoot. Unironically takes Glock magazines; has a Picatinny rail for a red dot sight and one for a light/laser; iron sights are pretty good. It can be taken down into receiver and barrel and carried around in a backpack. PCCs suck at range (even 100 meters is pushing them a little, whereas it's child's play with a 5.56 rifle), but they share ammo/magazines with your pistol and can be used at many indoor ranges - good for training.

Besides that...you could consider an AK; but even a used WASR (widely regarded as the entry-level AK) is comparable in price nowadays to a new M&P Sport II or Ruger AR-556 (the entry-level ARs). There's also the SKS, which is a great and fun rifle, but honestly obsolescent the day it came out - let alone ~70 years after its introduction.

Honestly, for a baseline rifle for playing around now and civil war 2.0 if we ever get there, stop being a hipster and just get an AR. But those are other options if you want.

I should’ve broke I’m a broke college kid. I’ll be turning 21 in a couple months so I’m saving up money for a pistol and cpl.

cope

I should’ve but I’m a broke college student*

A stripped lower is like $40 and will get you security from a ban. You have ways to make or save money. Get it done.

yes. you should arm yourself.
then prepare yourself to rid your nation of jews and freemasons.

so yes. buy a firearm. before its too late.

Attached: dual citizens.jpg (879x881, 189K)

I suppose that all makes sense. Truth be told, I'm not sure I see myself joining up in some bigass conflict if one happens. Packing it up, leaving and staying out of it has been my plan because regardless of who wins in either case I feel like I'm better off on my own, at least for a few years after the conflict. If anti freedom faggots win then I don't want to live in that civilization anymore. If freedom fighters win then the civil unrest for a while is going to be too hot to handle for a while. Not sure if an AR is what I need in this case. But I may get a cheap one at some point. Or maybe an AR pistol.

Honestly I'd get a lower receiver of any salt-rifle you want and don't plan on getting in the future. I'm sure in apocalyptic scenarios it'll be a problem to make/build and for something like an AK requiring a lot more tools things get complicated (If an AWB happens can you send the gun to someone to build it for you?) but it's peace of mind as well as general security. You can always resell it when you buy a full rifle.

I've got a 47 and AR15 receiver. I'm liable to get a 74 receiver and FAL one. This is particularly true if you are in a state that could flip.

If you aren't planning on fighting and you don't want one specifically then don't bother getting one. Just get whatever speaks to you.

(If an AWB happens can you send the gun to someone to build it for you?)

That's gonna depend entirely on the wording of the law. IIRC in Maryland if you take your semi-auto out of the state you have to pay $1000 to get it back in, no exceptions. Or at least that's what I've heard. Their AG just made that law up and started enforcing it.

You should already have an AR and if you expect the US to go full gungrabber then your first priority should be developing some garage-made anti-armor solutions so you can deal with the popo and their MRAPs.

Yes, but not because of what's going on in Hobbitstan.

Lol what a bunch of fucking cunts. I am ever thankful I've bounced from Virginia to Delaware, though I know the end is in sight for Virginia.

(poor) nogunz like OP here
should I get an AR or a handgun

Personally I'd say an AR before a handgun. Handguns aren't in the crosshairs of anyone and if they are, it's magazine restrictions. Exceptions for godawful states that restrict certain pistol models, but you would be better served getting an AR unless you want to CCW first and foremost.

A mortar and associated ammunition would also be acceptable. Artillery is king.

If you have to move around a lot(changings apts etc), I find a pistol to be a better first gun. Less of a hassle, can start practicing and carrying right away and so on.

This

Time wasting larp confirmed
Fuck off

Uh what? I never said anything about civil wad 2 electric boogaloo until it was mentioned in a post. I was interested in potential alternatives or lack thereof and I got my answer. How was it a "larp". YOU fuck off

Attached: 57079BB3-72D9-4838-B50C-6AA416E3E72D.gif (322x178, 2.56M)

pic related is u

Attached: 1551291823011.jpg (563x651, 226K)

Nigger an AR is what everyone else will be using, it will make it easier

>11,000,000
lol

Lots of ornery autists on this board incapable of tolerating disagreement. Don't take it personally.

The answer is always both, but if you had to prioritize, the one that will get banned sooner.

Hence the AR. Even normies will kind of agree "I can see having a nightstand gun" and a handgun ban would cause much more of an uproar than a ban of self-loading military rifles.

It's probably not even on the table right now, but if you don't have one you should get one.

And six mags. And some more ammo. And a plate carrier. and some patches. and training.

see It's generally a bad idea to pay a premium for something that you'll need to hide until "the day". But the other anons are right. If there is mass unrest it will be fought with ARs.

For home defense, a shotgun or a PCC would be fine. For moving discreetly with your family/friends, a handgun would be a good idea. Honestly a matched handgun and PCC is a really nice pairing.

Unironically an FAL

The conflict is going to be very bloody and w/o any battle lines. If the gov knows how to do the right thing, it will ultimately capitulate on every demand the revolutionaries want in order to stop the violence. This route means a softer regime change and an overturn of unconstitutional federal statutes and court cases.
As long as the reformers "stick to their guns" so to speak (pun intended), real progress (as opposed to the fake variant that's peddled) will be made.

Based on current prices and the uncertainty of upcoming elections I'd strongly recommend owning one along with a couple lower receivers.

Literally this

I built my first at 17. Just had my father get the lower.

The south were fags for trying to create their own nation rather than trying to save the union from over reaching Federalists. They also guaranteed a short (historically speaking) lifespan for their new nation by making slavery the straw that broke the camel's back

>semantics

OP here thank you for all the replies

If you're interested in one, go for it. I'd do a bit of research beforehand though, to understand exactly what you want

It depends on where you live. Some places are more open to handguns (hence the number 1 dreaded rule at a lot of indoor ranges) than ARs, and vice versa.

OP here again...my dad and I are both going to buy a M&P AR 15 Sport II tomorrow. This will be my first gun but my dad owns a couple earlier. Thank you guys!

Attached: 26BD6FFE-8002-47ED-8C91-499C8D2737FC.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

owns a couple already^

Now is the time to buy prices are going to start climbing as the next pres election cycle ramps up

>he hasn't bought a PSA AR with a carry handle for less than $500
Oof. How could you miss out on the most loved semi auto rifle in America? The day America tries to follow the way of New Zealand gun control is the day this republic unironically dies. Even if people pussy out and turn in their guns this republic will die

WASR 10
NPAP if you can still find one
Tapcod SKS
VZ58

If you dont mind fixed magazines:
Regular SKS
CMP M1 Garand

This. Slave owners were jews who kept poor whites unemployed.

AR-15s survived Obama. What could honestly stop them?

Republican and NRA cuckoldry

The NRA lost supporters over their cuckery.
If they ever endorsed banning AR-15s, it would be their own death.
Republicans I can believe, though.

Some advice for buying factory fresh guns. The grease on the weapon is to keep it "fresh" and isn't meant to lubricate the gun during firing. So wipe off the factory grease and apply proper gun oil as soon as you can.

>Even the NRA and Top Republicans Support Common Sense Regulations for the AR15
Fully expecting this to be a Huffington Post headline in 2020

If it happens, I owe you a soda after I lose my guns.

Diet Dr. Pepper pls

That word doesn’t even apply here you fucking mongoloid. Learn to read context.

>Learn to read context.
Vijaya, that you?

Attached: context.jpg (474x262, 16K)

honestly there are too many politicians opposing it so it wont happen

It's not gone yet. I need to buy one soon though.

>Tapcod SKS
Commit suicide for even suggesting that.
RIFLE IS FINE.

Why not both? Get an AR pistol and slap a stock on the bitch. ATF doesnt give a fuck about shouldering stocks anymore, my man.

>Tapco
SCREECHES AUTISTICLY

No, that's rifle abuse.

Is there a real difference between Gen 2 and 3 pmags? Like a difference to make it worth the cost?

Honestly quality GI mags are the way to go. They don't get fucked up as easy.

If you want range mags it is immaterial.

Any upgrades to the Sport II that are pretty decent besides a red dot sight?

>asks specific question
>gets completely unrelated opinion
4channin

Yes you should always buy AR-15s.

yep

>If you want range mags it is immaterial.

Nah. Maybe get a different pistol grip/stock if you find one that's comfier than the standard. Maybe get a drop in Magpul foreend so you can mount a light. It's just my opinion, but I don't see the point in getting a basic rifle and then dumping money into it for marginal gains.

Far and away most important, get an Aimpoint PRO. King of basic optics. It's more than a Sign or Holosun or Vortex, but it is absolutely bombproof and it's a lot less than the top of the line Aimpoint sights.

>Aimpoint PRO
What is this 2011

Buy what you want before election season heats up. NZ isn't going to change anything, but don't put it past the left to do a bunch of false flag murdering of children to get support for their gun grabbing.

>Should I buy an AR-15 right now before the USA follows New Zealand’s suit
you should also make yourself aware of any hebrew speaking people in a 200 mile radius of you

so if you ever have to use that rifle you can use it against the people actively trying to disarm and kill you

Get multiple. You are going to have sons right?

>jews
They want our money
>democrats
They want our guns
>Republicans
They want our money through the free market
>muslims
They want our lives

>democrats
jews
>Republicans
jews
>muslims
able to take your life because the jews setup NGOs with millions of dollars to flood your nation illegally with north africans

there you go

Attached: 81aa814ebd384cf2a7b00da568568b01ca7a247f6d899cba9eeb1b2ea21f9f47.jpg (500x358, 40K)