Is anyone planning on getting this thing?

Goes on sale “soon”, I’m guessing within next three months. It’s going to be $2k easy. Overpriced joke or no?

Attached: 0A72973C-E0AA-4C4A-A063-526E44C46D7A.png (768x576, 709K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit(dot)Jow
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 1B3E819B-8782-4C8E-9D03-C972057B34BC.png (768x576, 612K)

What is it?

I have no idea but I'm going to guess it's an overpriced meme AR
just build your own, aim to spend like $1500 including optic

Is it actually automatic?

>non-ambi
Yikes!

They’re finally making their own complete rifles.

Attached: 8353C029-5F28-4C74-868C-D0832DE6592C.png (768x576, 718K)

>collapsing stock
no thanks
>iron sights
gross
look at that overweight piece of shit hanguard

Attached: 55702497-1F3B-44A8-8D9F-43183972AE41.gif (320x180, 1.59M)

>gayssele SUPER DOOTY big boy army rifle!!!
definitely gonna buy it. its so shiny and expensive

>Geissele Super Duty

So I guess it's built Ford Tough™, like an aluminum F150?

The real question is...will it bend?

Attached: 1311640324567.jpg (285x249, 10K)

Geissele makes great stuff, but this is pointless. Not ambi, completely stock aside from coating, even comes with an plain jane A2 grip.

Yeah super lame name for the thing. And a keystone logo. I’m not from PA wtf do I care it’s the keystone state. Ridic

>noguns
Ambi safeties have no place on a duty AR. They contact your trigger finger and can cause you to accidentally set your rifle to full auto while firing.

You're probably just a poorfag coming up with excuses for why you won't be buying one.

If I drop this, will it bend?

45 degree throws have solved that problem for over a decade now retard.

I agree a lot of ambi controls are pointless, but a lot of them are also an objective upgrade. There's pretty much no reason to choose non ambi over ambi.
I don't think your statement is true, because almost all modern military rifles are ambi.

>accidentally set your rifle to full auto while firing.

What's going on big guy?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

post your ambi AR in 3rd position or your opinion is invalid

None of us have 3 position AR's, dummy. Good job outing yourself.

Anyone who buys this is super stupid lmao.

Attached: ACE4EAFE-C98F-4DB9-85B7-64F160CAD89B.jpg (374x503, 45K)

The upper will be legit URGI

What makes it super duty? Can I set fence posts with it?

>The upper will be legit URGI
The very same one the Army is dumping. I hope you like rails that bend.

w-what??

How have you not heard? I hope you like 10+ moa shifts and your rail contacting your gas block if you drop your MK16 rail a meter off of the ground.

isnt that the one they used the aluminum barrel nut on? how could anyone think thats a good idea

>What is a binary trigger
ambi selectors are a fucking terrible idea on 3 position guns. Even with a stubby right side selector lever it can still easily get switched to the 3rd position by riding on top of your trigger finger.

Geiselle did the right thing by not putting an ambi selector on what was supposed to be a "duty rifle."

Makes sense that Geiselle is selling this pattern commercially since the army is dropping Geiselle. It's a shame poorfags and noguns are trashing on it. It's a nice rifle and for the civilian market a free floated handguard that flexes is virtually a non issue.

>Thinking a binary trigger has any place on a duty gun

Attached: flat,220x200,075,t.lite-1.jpg (220x200, 13K)

>Geiselle did the right thing by not putting an ambi selector on what was supposed to be a "duty rifle."
>Geiselle is selling this pattern commercially since the army is dropping Geiselle
>and for the civilian market a free floated handguard that flexes is virtually a non issue
lmao, subtle

My AR with a binary trigger isn't a duty gun. Never said it was.

But it is functionally identical to any 3 position selector and demonstrates why ambi selectors don't belong on ARs with 3 position selectors.

Doesn't the Binary trigger come with an ambi-safety? Aren't many M4's and MK18s issued with ambi selectors? Just stop.

Nice backtrack you fucking coon

Where does it say the Army dumped Geissele?

>literally the ALG AKT but for an AR

Anyone know if Geiselle is a good company to work for?

Never hear of them. Geissele on the other hand, I herd the owner is in a real rotten mood lately

Worked for KAC. Guess Bendy Bill just sucks.

who are boutique ARs actually for? wouldn't most people willing to drop $2k on a gun rather build their own?

They don’t sell those exact parts separately/in DDC

lol First they did three one-off rifles for a charity and said they would NEVER EVER MAKE ANOTHER AR AGAIN BUY NOW

Then they made another 5 for a raffle at Shot Show 2018 and BOY WE REALLY WILL NEVER MAKE ANOTHER ONE AGAIN THESE ARE SUPER SPECIAL.

Then they offered three full fledged LEO rifles at infinite quantity BUT THEY DEFINITELY WONT BE AVAILABLE TO JUST ANYONE.

And now, finally, inevitably, they're just selling the exact super special never again rifles they've been making for 3 years.

Which is what they should have done all along. Everyone always wanted a complete rifle from them, and tiptoeing around the basic bitch lower while offering complete uppers, charging handles, trigger kits etc was retarded and weird.

>Worked for KAC
>not replacing aluminum barrel nut with steel barrel nut for URX rails
y

Yes my binary trigger pack came with an ambi safety. and yes the Mk18 has an ambi safety, but that doesn't mean it's good.

the ambi safety rides under my trigger finger and while shooting around match barriers I support the majority of the weight of the rifle with my right and and pulling the trigger quickly has switched my gun to binary mid run.

what are you on about retard. my point has been and will always be that ambi safeties don't belong on a duty AR and my evidence is experience with an ambi safety on a 3 position binary trigger pack.

you sound like a libtard "le backtrack xd GOTCHA" and you're severely butthurt you're getting rekt by facts and logic

You're doing god's work user.

Attached: Super_Ben.jpg (1200x1802, 379K)

Wait, so the military and law enforcement agencies are issuing firearms with ambi safety selectors and people actively seek them out, but you are here to tell us all that they're bad? Okay.

only good thing from geissele are their triggers

But what if you want to shoot around corners?

military and law enforcement buy the absolute cheapest shit they can find so yes, they would buy something bad.

>my point has been and will always be that ambi safeties don't belong on a duty AR and my evidence is experience with an ambi safety on a 3 position binary trigger pack.

Opinion discarded.

Attached: needs text.jpg (606x403, 79K)

>my evidence is experience with an ambi safety on a 3 position binary trigger pack.
So you're just a retard then?

MK4 and MK8 are nice too. I think the MBT is a better quality trigger than the SSA/-E, I just prefer the trigger shoe on the Geissele.

If that was the case they'd using M&P15s with non-ambi selectors. Just shut the fuck up.

>Ambi selectors are cheaper than non-ambi selectors
The price difference may be negligible, but you're fucking dumb.

Is Geiselle the best trigger you can buy for an AR? I've heard something about old KAC triggers being better somewhere.

It's subjective dude, like asking what is the best meal. Cmon now

KAC triggers aren't as good, neither are LMT triggers. The only thing that really competes when it comes to a nice 2 stage trigger is LaRue's MBT

Looks like the discussion has been scrubbed? Supposedly they are still being issued

I see no evidence of them actually being issued.

Just get 50 poor man PSA 15s and throw them out as they disintegrate. In 5 years you’ll still have 10 left, by then they’ll probably be banned anyways and you can sell 6 of them.

Attached: 7F6886F2-24DC-4C84-A6E2-9BAE4B25C0A0.jpg (4032x3024, 879K)

Me neither. Is there any public statement from the Army about rejecting them?

No, nothing as of yet. But the initial deal wasn't for a significantly large number of units so it may not warrant a public statement.

My experience with binary trigger pack:
>has 3 positions
>is ambi
Vs your noguns experience:
>plays call of duty
>reads a lot of internet forums

Yeah my opinion is definitely invalid, yours is better.

Also government agencies always make good financial decisions and buy the best equipment. That's why the US is adopting a polymer striker fired Sig handgun with a frame safety, and why .40cal exists.

The same government agencies that once thought double action was a useless feature in revolvers and trained their agents to shoot over the top of their handgun sights while covering their chest with their left hand are BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT excellent examples to follow for gun purchases.

Having said that, I'm not sure the military is rushing to give their soldiers uppers that have a 10.37 MOA shift when dropped from 1.5 meters. Think that's over 30" at 300 yards.

As much as I like their triggers and the MK4 and MK8, I don't want to give Geissele any money until they make things right because they're still pushing the URG-I even though it has known issues. And never buy a mk14/13/16.

>industry standard collapsible stock
>iron sights in case of optic failure
>normal weight handguard while being built like a brick shit house

You're a dumb nigger user.

Damn dude sounds like you better hit up all the agencies that have been using ambi selectors and tell them they have been doing it wrong.

Okay user, you know best. Now go suck start your AR

Interesting. Good input ty. I'm in the market for a built AR and was eyeballing this super duty release, but will have to look elsewhere if nothing is added to the story soon

and don't forget that they specifically requested an aluminum framed handgun with a slide mounted safety/decocker.

Just because the gvmt wants a feature doesn't mean it's good.

Attached: JUST BEND MY SHIT UP.jpg (854x480, 80K)

>trained their agents to shoot over the top of their handgun sights while covering their chest with their left hand
This just in: point shooting and taking reasonable precautions not to shoot yourself in the fucking hand are worthless.
You have any more wisdom for us this is top notch shit.

Attached: 1533324439774.jpg (640x628, 40K)

man, didn't take long

Attached: Bill the Last Rail Bender.jpg (1920x1080, 293K)

oh damn!

Attached: f11df0a49788cfbab44f22d03d236ef8.gif (390x277, 2.31M)

Who makes a steel barrel nut for the URX and also why replace something that works fine, other than the silly expensive wrench?

D.Wilson. The aluminum barrel nut is basically a one time use part. A steel barrel nut, especially one relying on torque in the manner the URX is, is going to have a much longer life.

>always point shoot, expend all 6 rounds one handed
why didn't I come up with this method first!

I use the ambi side to switch into the 3rd position on both my ARs

Disregard this idiot.

>Spending $2k+ on a rifle that will bend if you drop it isn't an issue for civilians
Yeah, why would overpriced garbage that breaks easily be an issue for any "civilian"

Actually shooting the M4a1 that is now nearly ubiquitous
>Has never happened to me and have never heard of that happening even hypothetically before now
You sound retarded

>The aluminum barrel nut is basically a one time use part.
So what?

Hope you never need to remove and reinstall your handguard. It's like less than $30 for a steel barrel nut, save yourself the trouble and pick one up.

>Hope you never need to remove and reinstall your handguard
When would I do that? If I do that, I'm changing the barrel and another barrel nut isn't going to be a problem.

I herd the rail is fine and to spec it’s the accessories that dummies bolt to the end that bends it on drop

What about JP Enterprises?

Or Kramerica?

Fuck Geissele, last thing I want is to buy their shitty cast trash any way other than second-hand.

Attached: file.png (1600x669, 1.99M)

What is this picture trying to demonstrate?

I don't know and I don't care. If Geissele thinks blowing off the military was a smart business decision then I'm certain he cares even less for his consumers.

Attached: file.png (800x537, 935K)

You do realize that left handed people exist, right?

How did they blow off the military?

Attached: 1529874675843.jpg (1200x1247, 177K)

the larue parts are clearly machined using higher quality, higher precision, more expensiive techniques (solid block milling, not casting/forging)

look at the way that every edge on the larue is straight and has a nice bevel on it, while the other two are sort of crusty and really only have work done on the edges at a few crucial spots

reddit(dot)Jow Forumsar15/comments/aufjdf/geissele_mk16_issues_discussion_gone/

>be Bill
>make overpriced AR accessories
>make tons of money off of suckers
>biggest sucker of them all, the military, shows up at my house asking for my awesome marksmanship-enhancing products
Wow, free money, this'll be easy.
>look at my civvie stuff, all way too high-bar for those crayon-eating boots
>crank the QC knob all the way down to boost those profits
>deliver them, military is happy
>for now
>some months later the military is mad
>saying I gave them trash
>idontknowwhatyouretalkingabout.pak
>they storm off all pissed
>chill with my fat stacks of tax money
Meanwhile
>be military
>need to dump all this Geissele garbage
>decide to just literally toss it and spend more tax money replacing it

Thank you Bill.

Attached: file.png (785x635, 936K)

>reddit(dot)Jow Forumsar15/comments/aufjdf/geissele_mk16_issues_discussion_gone/
Ok so that's a link asking why a thread was deleted. Were's the source they "blew off" the military?

>why ambi selectors don't belong on ARs with 3 position selectors.
AND WHY IS THAT?

Attached: no.png (350x339, 47K)

>clearly machined using higher quality
Except 99% of the surfaces on a trigger do not matter. Ok, that's an exaggeration, but there is no actual need for a nice surface finish except in the pin holes and sear surfaces. Hell really only the front sear surface, the disconnector can suck it as long as it grabs the hammer with the trigger pulled back.
> higher precision
Where it matters? I don't know about that one, bub.
>solid block milling
It's wire EDM according to LaRue.

I like my MBT-2S and it's an extremely good value. But value aside its manufacturing techniques don't really make it 'better' than Bendy Bill triggers, just different.

>not understanding bill genius when it comes to modularity
>pleb

Attached: 1553235710886.png (768x576, 704K)