Which is the best weapon ww2 thread

Post good weapons

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-22-10-29-23-426_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox~2.png (1061x592, 863K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ckrVFTEv-ic
youtube.com/watch?v=YXXs-ubczgM
youtu.be/ts55TNp1Fq4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>the best weapon ww2
Industrial muscle

Attached: B-32 Bomber Factory in Fort Worth, Texas c.1944.jpg (1600x1112, 386K)

Objectively ideal WWII infantry load-out.

Attached: wwii.png (500x813, 539K)

>service rifle
M1 garand
only semi-auto issued as standard, giving the rifle man huge firepower advantage

>LMG
bren gun
better than the BAR

>GPMG
MG42
could be issued at squad level, unlike the vickers or browning M1919

>HMG
M2 browning
US got at least 1 per platoon with 2 for the heavy weapons platoon and stuffed another M2 on any vehicle that could hold it
whereas the germans would only get 3 tripod mounted MG42s per company

>SMG
M3 greasegun
good compromise between cheap metal tube with bullets and expensive bullet hose

like your list although smg I would switch to ppsh also while we are at it what was the best gear carry setup in WWII.

>ppsh
I love them as well, but that RoF kills your bullet supply. I'd go with a Sterling.

Attached: 88x72 boolets on a plane.jpg (449x598, 59K)

MAS 36

Attached: FR%20MAS%2036%201%B0%20type-VD-WEB.jpg (600x152, 39K)

youtu.be/ckrVFTEv-ic

Attached: wz-38M-nr-1048.jpg (800x528, 56K)

Sturmgewehr 44, the father of al modern assault rifles.

Attached: 1024px-MP44_-_Tyskland_-_8x33mm_Kurz_-_Armémuseum.jpg (1024x757, 187K)

Attached: hmmmdaddy.png (585x740, 128K)

I disagree on the SMG id say the suomi was the best also id put the mg42 as the best LMG

fat man and little boy

What about the PPS-43? they reduced firerate and made a cheap, compact SMG similar to the M3.

>Bolt action rifle
Mauser and its derivatives like the Type 38
>self loading rifle
I'd say the M1/M2 carbine, very light and handy rifles, had they shipped with select fire from the start they'd be the first mass used assault rifles
>LMG
Zb.26 and its derivatives (i.e.BREN gun)
>Gpmg
MG42
>HMG
Either M2 or DShK, i'll go with the M2
>Smg
Either M3 Greasegun or PPS-43
>Handgun
either the 1911A1 or the Hi-Power

>having a LMG and HMG while also having a GPMG

do you even know what gpmg means ?

he just listed by type, gmpgs are neither HMGs nor LMGs, they are a compromise between LMG and MMG.

>Bolt action rifle
Ebin M/39
>self loading rifle
SVT-40
>LMG
AVS-36
>Gpmg
MG42 (retrofitted with the vertical charging handle)
>HMG
MG 13
>Smg
PPSh-41 with 35rnd mags, drums were kinda shit.
>Handgun
TT-33, flat shooter and simple as can be.

having a gpmg defeats the purpose of having an hmg and lmg, meaning the mg42 is also a light and heavy machinegun and a damn good one at that

This is what the Southern chad who saves heavily pregnant Jewish girls with diaries from certain death uses

Attached: Confederate Gatling gun.jpg (1157x1053, 1.25M)

Wtf is that submachine gun? Also knee mortar is a meme.

>SMG Sterling SMG
Sterling SMG
Rifle
>M1 Carbine
LMG
Bren Gun
MMG
RPD
HMG
DShK
Grenade
Mills Bomb

>LMG
>Bren Gun

Wasn't the Japanese variant better?

It's an Owen. How new are you?

One heck of a shotgun

like i said its a compromise. while it can pretty effectively replace the mmg a gpmg is usually a good bit heavier than a true lmg.

>beretta model 38
>look upon my works and despair

>M1C/D

Ya lost me

>intended for pogs who couldn't use pingy bois
>ended up being used by almost everyone

Attached: 12221746_1.jpg (1200x367, 31K)

No, because it was in 7.7

A slut that will fuck anyone is a happy slut.

The best WWII DMR rifle.

>best also id put the mg42 as the best LMG
MG42 cant be shoulder fired very well, so its not really a LMG
bren and BAR could fire both shoulder and bipod

MG42 on a tripod is an HMG, but not as good as the M2 browning
extra power against light vehicles and cover of the .50 cal made it better in the heavy role

The FG42 was a fantastic piece of hardware.
Had all the full-powered semi-automatic firepower of a Garand, as well as being able to switch to full auto to provide LMG support. Paratroopers equipped with them were pound for pound the most effective element of infantry.

>best weapon

Unironically the German copy of the Sten Gun with the vertical feed.

Mg-34 is actually superior to the 42, more controllable rate of fire and better quality overall it just didn't lend itself to mass production as well as the 42.

The Suomi, PPSH-41 (with banana mags) and PPS-43 are all objectively better weapons then the owen smg, they all had better ammo capacity(even without drum mags), better recoil, accuracy, ergonomics and rate of fire as well as better weight.

The Panzerfaust and panzershreck are objectively superior infantry AT weapons than the bazooka.

idk much about flamethrowers, but if i was to use one I probably would've had the Einstossflammenwerfer 46. Light, compact, single shot flamethrower with enough fuel to clear out a hallway or bunker while allowing you to carry a main weapon that can touch people over 25 meters away from you and not carrying a big few dozen pound "shot me" sign on your back.

sorry but the PPS-43 is the best smg without debate. good capacity (35 rounds), well reputed reliability, awesome weight (only 3kg), great rate of fire, great recoil control, compact af, decent accuracy and better penetration than most smg rounds and most of all cheap as a mother fucker too make.

The Suomi is a close runner up, and objectively the best smg of WW2 if one takes no consideration for mass production.

Also the mg-42 and 34 almost weigh as much as the Bren and were better in nearly every regard, they are without a doubt better lmgs the fact they were also useful roles and get the gpmg title shouldn't exclude them taking the lmg title as well.

Attached: 44201551092_82bb410356_b.jpg (800x519, 150K)

Actually the Russian Federov rifle was the first one, but it was rare and only issued to a small few. SturmGewehr was the first one to actually be mass produced and and commonly issued though.

Attached: images (1).jpg (650x177, 11K)

The US M2 flame thrower is regarded by flame thrower aficionados as the best flame thrower of the war because of the way it's ignition system worked and it's safety features.

I'll take your word for it, the US did make some of the best use of flamethrowers in WW2 especially in the pacific. I have to say though the idea of a light one shot flamethrower appeals to me, though im unsure of its actually practicability or usefulness.

Attached: 188f79370964156a5dbf755bb56287f6.jpg (794x540, 79K)

>PPS-43
bulky as shit and awkward.

why the fuck didn't they just remake this in 556?

an Australian Owen SMG. It looks like a piece of shit sten gun, but honestly was better than the Thompson or MP40

>bulky
Are we looking at the same weapon?
>awkward
Says fucking who?

yes its huge and way too long for an smg, might as well just have a rifle or mg.

You're a fucking idiot.

bubba chetnik weapons

length:
>820 mm (32.3 in) stock extended for the pps-43
>833 mm (32.8 in) stock extended for the mp40
>860 mm for the thompson
just to put things in perspective, worth noting it was roughly a whole kilogram lighter then either weapon as well, bulky my ass

If Call of Duty World at War taught me anything, the MP40 is beast.

This is how you play COD World at War

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Hip fired 30 cal is aesthetic goals.

Terrible choice in uniform which is why they were replaced so quickly

Why didin't the americans gave to the soviets M1 Garands during the lend-lease program?

Attached: totten.png (580x624, 85K)

Why not a Beretta Model 38 or a pphs-43?

Enough nuggets to go around and they were producing their own semi auto.

we will never know

Attached: 3FED8389-6DE2-447A-9C9C-E2A6E45AE2D7.jpg (660x264, 13K)

Who had the best hand grenades in WW2?

I'm a PPS man myself.

Attached: PPS.jpg (1300x866, 56K)

No one here loves the M3?

Attached: Photo5.jpg (758x496, 43K)

German for range
British had the best smoke
Japan worst of all
America dunno

>That’s a cute nailgun

what industry had the vietcong?

We're talking about WWII. Vietnam wasn't total war, mate.

It's been mentioned three times already, and only favorably. Read the thread.

>ad hominem
Sure thing bud, the point is being small and short are the benefits for having an SMG and removing that for a cheap awkward replacement isn't good.

I know you're young and new to firearms and you're excited to be posting, but please, lurk more.

>m2
>1 per platoon
What?

see It's true, you're an idiot.

Attached: 1526154878575.jpg (469x463, 72K)

Yeah but it wasn't the father. And it was a failure. And it's refered to as an LMG.

>grease gun
That's a weird way to say Thompson

Attached: a87046fb586747880f7a299654496c81.jpg (500x691, 64K)

The Thompson is essential to the American GI aesthetic but it was heavy, expensive as hell, and an outdated design by WWII standards (designed 1918). The whole time they were being issued, they were actively looking for a replacement.

kek

when i play DOD 1.3 i just camp mg-42 and get over 200 kills

so satisfying

there are like two servers hope to see you there!

Attached: 600px-DOD_MG42.jpg (600x480, 107K)

its a pretty cool and nice weapon, but anyone calling it the best smg of WW2 is a cancerous Ameriboo

Attached: atom-bomb-11-638[1].jpg (638x479, 101K)

>Sturmgewehr 44
the garand was lighter by 1 pound

m1 carbine > stg44

30carbine has the same energy as 5.56 from an 11.5 barrel

It might be the most production friendly thou, even more than PPSH.

Production price in 1945 was just $12 dollars. A can of spam and 2 eggs for breakfast costs 50 cents.

That’s my boy.

>Bolt action
K98. Best range, most powerful cartridge, Germany had more of them than most other countries had of their service rifles.
>SMG
PPSH. Look up Ian's video on it.
>Assault Rifle
M2 Carbine. Much more refined than the STG 44 although it was deployed in the same way that the STG was.
>LMG
Bren Gun wins easily.
>Medium MG
MG42. Could be made in huge quantities, was decently reliable, and was good at a machine guns job, which is suppressing people. MG34 was probably better made and easier to crew, but it was heavier by 20% or so, and couldn't be made at the same rate.
>Pistol
Is there any doubt that it was the Hi Power?
>DMR
Enfield with a scope. Great setup.
>Sniper rifle
Marine Model 70s with Unertl scopes. Look it up.

Overall, I'd say the Americans had the best overall outfit but the Germans were the most advanced. Soviets had one thing which was the PPSH but they used it better than anyone. The poor Jap infantry was in such a horrible spot it's pathetic looking back on it.

I find it hard to believe it was any more than the Sten or PPS-43 theres a point were you can only get so cheap. Once you're using sheet steel for nearly all the weapon, removing the need for nearly any heavy machinery and making it simple enough for a special ed class to build themselves you've kinda reached a limit.

>m2 over stg
An awesome PDW and cqc weapon, but when you're talking about something with 250ft/s less velocity and over 400 ft-lb less hitting power in a class of weapon meant to effectively engage targets out to 200-300 meters, those are some serious draw backs. Factor in terrible bullet drop past 150 meters or so, 3-5 inch groups at a mere 100 yards and now you're in a significant world of shit if the guy's you're up against are sending hate downrange with STG-44s instead.

As far as the lmg class goes, I'd also give that to the mg-34 or 42, just because they were useful in more roles then one doesn't mean they could and extensively were used as lmgs in there own right.

As far as DMR goes I'd have to give it to the Kar-98 with ZF-41 scope. They were actually meant for use as DMR, rather then sniper rifles forced into squad use like your enfield example was. It wins for the scope alone, made in enough numbers to actually equip a significant amount of scoped riflemen to standard infantry squads, faster target acquisition, non excessive zoom for closer range and more fluid infantry combat (a significant difference between what a marksman has to face vs a true sniper), very likely cheaper to make as well.
Ian and Karl have a good vid on it: youtube.com/watch?v=YXXs-ubczgM

I don't know what you guys didn't understand about 'objectively ideal'. but here is the perfected WWII infantry.

Attached: Untitled.png (600x697, 614K)

>flame thrower aficionados
It warms my heart that that is a thing.

If we're gonna include super rarities like the Sterling, then where does the SKS come in? Weighs nearly a whole kg less, better accuracy, better ballistics and hitting power, far better reliability, cheaper and on par if not better ergonomics. The only place it would be outperformed by the stg would be extreme cqb which is the exception rather than the rule of combat.

rest of the list is pretty good though besides the meme mortar

WW2 makes me sad every time I have to see pictures or read about it. European countries have never truly recovered from it.

It wasnt. It was a small caliber lmg. An assault rifle isnt just a gun that shoots intermediates fast, its also a doctrine.

you have better life expectancy, better opportunity, better freedoms (with some exceptions like firearms), less chance of being stabbed to death by thugs, less chance of being mauled to death by machinery at your job, less chance of dying or seeing your pals die in a pointless war, and a pretty good chance of not having to settle in the village you were born in with the girl down the road and work stupid hours in a factory for the rest of your life. Yeah I'd say once you take the rose tinted glasses off you actually have it incredibly better then your average europoor circa 1930's.

Not to say things couldn't be better or they way certain things are going are worrying, but don't get so stuck in the trap of fantasizing about the "glorious past" because your present isn't as 100% ideal as you hoped. Heck it was that same thinking that actually brought about the Nazi's and Japs autism that fucked the world.

Well the NVA only had a chance in hell to resist because of Soviet and Chinese industry.

>K98
Literally no.

Yeah and now there are highly publicized terrorist bombings, sex rings and rapes that often go unpunished(but the innocent people get fucked by more restrictions) and its being perpetuated by shitty governments that dont care about their own people. I'd rather have my own people comitting crime agaimst me and at least being able to defend myself and have a functioning legal system than have a "protected" class of criminals that everyone's afraid to go after.
Its not strictly better. WW2 setup a very shit situation that resulted in politicians cutting corners at the expense of the people they're supposed to serve. I stand by that without WW2 we would be much better off

I still play DOD.

There is nothing intermediate in 6,5x50 jap

Attached: escalated.jpg (337x443, 120K)

20-50 people getting killed every couple years or so is somehow worse then constant civil wars, coups and fighting where entire fucking cities would get leveled how exactly? You also think rape and sex rings weren't a thing until recently?

Sexual abuse towards women was part and parcel of 1930's living in poverty (the majority of Europeans) sorry to ruin your idealistic nuclear family fantasy.

>being perpetuated by shitty governments that dont care about their own people.
ah, yes I forgot how much more transparent and non-corrupt governments were back in the era were things like arresting an entire political party , total goverment restriction and control of information and routine police brutality and corruption were considered normal.

> I'd rather have my own people comitting crime agaimst me and at least being able to defend myself and have a functioning legal system than have a "protected" class of criminals that everyone's afraid to go after.
Oh fuck off, violent offnse rates are at a historical low across Europe and trust me when someone starts beating the living shit out of you, or shiving you in an alleyway or mistreating your girlfriend you no longer care about the distinction of whether or not they're "your people", whatever the fuck that means.

> I stand by that without WW2 we would be much better off
It was such a drastic event we can only speculate, but the claim we never recovered like you said earlier is totally based on fantasy and idealization of a time and era where your snowflake ass wouldn't of lasted a day.

Ah yes, the twenties and thirties, when my grandparents were kids/young.

My father's father was born to a dirt poor and unmartied woman. His father was a deadbeat alcoholic who ended up in prison every now and then. Not having the means to care for him his mother adopted him away. His new father was a sadistic alcoholic who beat the snot out of both wife and kids. As an adult he once pulled a tooth without painkillers, because those cost of those were about 2€ in todays money.
Another was also adopted away due to poverty. Soon afterwards her biological parents and siblings all died from TBC.
One lost her mother early in, and her alcoholic father died at the age of fifty.
Finally there's the one with seven siblings. His father drank up all his wages. When my great-great uncles tried to intervene he abandoned his family and skipped town. My great grandmother hung herself out of desperation.

Truly gteat times, compared to the healthy middle class existence that's been my life.
But of course, anecdotes like this only count when they tell you how terrible everthing is now that there's some brown people around.

I'm 99% he is referring to this specific guy
youtu.be/ts55TNp1Fq4

Attached: x1080-shd.jpg (1920x1080, 323K)